MacNeal Hospital Employee Reviews

fun work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, ILJanuary 24, 2018
The people are nice here but the communication is terrible. One second you hear one thing and the next you hear something else. They apparently have these huddles once a week, but management doesn't seem to communicate with each other.
Pros
Nice people work here
Cons
No communication at all
January 26, 2018

Thank you for your honest review regarding management at MacNeal Hospital. It is very important to us that our employees feel they can be heard at all times.

January 26, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our offerings.

Very fast paced
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, ILDecember 20, 2017
If you are looking for a very fast paced environment with limited time with patients, then this is a great place for you to work. Very high Stress job.
December 22, 2017

Thank you for your review. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times.

MacNeal is a collabrative, slow paced place to work
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, ILDecember 9, 2017
I enjoy working at a community hospital where the pace is slower than a teaching hospital. I work with the adult population at MacNeal I miss working with children.
December 10, 2017

Thank you for your review! We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our offerings.

Poor management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, ILDecember 2, 2017
I really enjoyed working with the people at MacNeal, there was a "family" attitude among my coworkers. However, the management always wanted to "do more with less" and create unsafe working conditions for staff and patients.
December 4, 2017

Mixed Bag
Case Manager- Behavioral Health Department (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, ILNovember 24, 2017
Working at MacNeal's Behavior Health Department is a mixed bag. Many changes in the department with policies and staff turnover.

Lots of new nurses, counselors, and psychiatrists. Passionate and dedicated staff. There seems to be a lot of gossip and unnecessary drama but that is typical of hospitals and 24/7 environments.

Nurses and management could be more supportive of weekend case managers. They have no understanding of our role and don't make attempts to understand the role of weekend case managers.

Typical day is completing discharges and assessments for new patients, while being expected to be in 10 places at the same time. We talk to families with consent, do one on ones upon request, and rarely run groups when time permits. Ideally it would be more therapeutic for there to have 2 case managers on each day of the weekend due to the unrealistic expectations placed by nursing staff and management.

Macneal uses paper charting which is time consuming. Pay is decent but no raises are given. Free parking and food discounts.

It is an okay position but it becomes draining after time as management and coworkers are unsupportive and don't communicate with weekend case managers about patient acuity or discharges. The nurses will constantly complain about you and will report you to management.
Pros
Free parking, lunch discounts, nice psychatrists
Cons
Paper charts, poor communication, coworkers, lack of support and understanding from management
November 26, 2017

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern.

Several psychiatric units. Cooperative and supportive management and staff.
PSYCHIATRIC NURSE (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, ILNovember 16, 2017
I worked on the Registry when at MacNeal. This required every other weekend and at least one day during a pay period. Often times I worked much more than that. I received no benefits. I learned to work on various different units, i.e. adolescent, Intensive treatment and general units. Management was very supportive of its nurses and other staff members. A typical day at work was administering medication to patients, taking vitals, glucose monitoring, admission of patients, and 1:1 therapy with the patients. The workplace culture was that of showing each other respect, completing our work as a team, and helping each other whenever necessary.
The hardest part of the job was doing several admissions in one evening. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the patients.
Pros
My husband was also working at MacNeal Hospital when I was.
Cons
Having to cover another shift if a nurse called in ill.
November 21, 2017

We appreciate your positive review and positive feedback! At MacNeal Hospital, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

Working at MacNeal
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, ILNovember 2, 2017
MacNeal is a nice place to work, the staff is really nice and caring.
MacNeal is a very clean place, everyone cares about the environment they work in. PCT's and Nurses are great at taking care of their patients.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Need Higher Wages
November 4, 2017

Thank you for your review! We do think of our employees as our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our offerings.

macneal
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, ILOctober 27, 2017
nice place to work, would like to stay
good nurses, nice doctors
change in parent company worries people, but seems to be the right move.
need more staff.
October 28, 2017

We appreciate your feedback! It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times.

Free lunches on occasion for outstanding team work
Emergency Room Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, ILOctober 18, 2017
Management is very good at recognizing employees who go above and beyond their positions. I have enjoyed my nursing career at MacNeal Hospital, but now is the work closer to home.
October 20, 2017

Thank you for your positive feedback! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to MacNeal Hospital's success.

overall
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, ILOctober 18, 2017
great company to work for VERY FLEXIBLE HOURS always money to be made. great staff and management and the nurses are great. had i not had to relocate i would stil be there
October 20, 2017

We appreciate your positive feedback! At MacNeal Hospital, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

Sometimes the workplace can be stressful
Telecommunications Attendant (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, ILOctober 17, 2017
Over all, I enjoy my job. It's interesting and different from other jobs I've had. The only thing that I do not enjoy, is the pettiness that some of the employees display. It can make, for a stressful day.
Pros
Laid back, easy to learn
Cons
Pettiness on part of some of the employees in my department.
October 18, 2017

Volunteer
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 16, 2017
I worked in the volunteer Dept. and the women were very racist and didn't make me feel comfortable. People were focused on the wrong things and should of been focusing on their work.
Pros
slow pace
Cons
Racist
October 17, 2017

Thank you for your honest review. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times. We will address this with hospital leadership.

A culture of compassion
Telecommunications Manager (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, ILOctober 14, 2017
MacNeal hospital has a culture of compassion.The current CEO has worked hard to endure that everyone who walks through the door of MacNeal hospital walks away feeling that there healthcare needs have been met. WE are MacNeal!
Pros
Working in an environment that truly cares
Cons
Rather not say
October 16, 2017

We appreciate your positive feedback. Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to MacNeal Hospital's success.

MacNeal Hospital
Patient Svc Rep II, in Radiology (Current Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 4, 2017
MacNeal Hospital is a fast paced work place, with a very friendly environment, and the team work is great. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping those in need.
October 6, 2017

Thank you for your positive feedback. Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to MacNeal Hospital's success.

Co-workers great people to work with
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, ILSeptember 20, 2017
HORRIBLE/POOR MANAGEMENT!!!! (PHARMACY DEPT)
Does not care about family life outside of work and not easy to talk too. Stressed work environment. Director too egotistical. With different management would be a great place to work
Pros
Pay/coworkers
Cons
Short breaks/hours
September 22, 2017

Thank you for leaving an honest review about MacNeal's management. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times.

interesting
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, ILSeptember 11, 2017
management at the time of hire was good. always something interesting. no day was ever the same. staff cared about the patients. hardest part was finding placement for homeless people
September 13, 2017

Thanks for providing that feedback. At MacNeal, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

excellent
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, ILSeptember 9, 2017
I had the opportunity to learn about scheduling for multiple hospitals and location in an accurate and effective manner. I learned about the different types of insurances and registering the patients.
September 11, 2017

Thanks for your feedback. At MacNeal hospital, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

Great place to work at
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, ILAugust 28, 2017
While I was working there, we had a great team of nurses on my unit. Depending of severity of the patient your day can be very stressful at times but working at the place where your coworkers believe in team efforts can make your day. Pay and benefits could be better.
good people to work with
Manager of Sterile Processing (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, ILAugust 9, 2017
Macneal is a family oriented hospital, the employees work well with the patients. The hospital has a warm atmosphere and very friendly.
The management has worked hard to make sure they can give the best patient care the hospital can give.
Great place to learn new skills
RN (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, ILAugust 3, 2017
Always great opportunities with learning new skills and new information about the latest evidence based practices in nursing. Competent nursing staff and great management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MacNeal Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.