MacNeal Hospital

MacNeal Hospital Employer Reviews

Very busy and fast paced.
Emergency Room Registration Clerk (Former Employee), Berwyn, ILJune 2, 2014
Pros: learned to cross train in admissions department.
Cons: no cons. truly. this is how i ended up going back to school in the medical field.
Being a part of this atmosphere, truly made me who I am today. Lots of memories. In this field I was able to exercise my abilities to helping people. Experienced all walks of life. Really helps me understand people and their differences. No two people are alike, what I have enjoyed most.
Easy going place to work
Critical Care Nurse (Current Employee), Berwyn, ILMay 16, 2014
Easy going place! Enjoy going to work every day. Its a very busy place with a lot of learning opportunities.
Productive, rountine, and constant standing
Dietary and Nutrition Coordinator (Current Employee), Berwyn, ILMarch 23, 2014
Serving food to patients, working on food preparation line, taking food temperatures, and sanitizing food equipment.
Was a job and nothing more...
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Berwyn, ILFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: employee discounts at cafeteria and local ymca
Cons: incompetent management, you were on call all hours of the night if you drove the laundry truck...
Management and didn't deal with problems in a professional matter was too into your business.. Treated employees kind of poorly. If your looking for a paycheck this is the job.... But, if your looking for a great work atmosphere and career advancement. Not going to happen!
Great working relationships between staff
Nursing Director, Behavioral Health Services (Former Employee), Berwyn, ILFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: free parking, incentives, bonuses
Cons: multiple competing priorities, unrealistic goals and target dates
Daily problem solving and trouble shooting. I have learned to effectively multitask and manage my time. My co-workers are very supportive and uplifting. The hardest part of my job is having to sacrifice my family time for work. However, I enjoy what I do despite its challenges.
family oriented
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Berwyn, ILFebruary 3, 2014
drew blood, blood sugar tests, e.k.g.'s, worked closely with nurses, enjoyed interacting with the patients.
not in business any longer
Outpatient Consultant (Former Employee), Berwyn, ILJanuary 19, 2014
no longer in business, good and positive environment to work
Team player work environment
Sitter (Former Employee), Berwyn, ILDecember 27, 2013
flexible work hours, work around your schedule
everyone is very helpful and the management is great.
Enjoyed working there
Patient Care Tech II (Current Employee), Berwyn, ILDecember 12, 2013
Pros: rewarded for outstanding patient care
Cons: sometimes no breaks were permissible
Worked in a positive environment. Nurses and PCT's worked together as a team to provide excellent patient care. I love working with people.
Its a good job but boring some times
Sitter (Current Employee), Berwyn, ILDecember 11, 2013
Is frustrating sometimes wen you dont get te hours you need.
I am a sitter and I dont learn much, Mangement is good but I dont interact with co-workers much in this position.
Electrical Hazard
Electrician (Former Employee), Berwyn,IlNovember 15, 2013
Pros: great schedule
Cons: no lunch many times, short staffed, unqualified maintenance, safety hazard
One of the worst places I ever worked for as an electrician,No lunch breaks many times,very unsafe both electrically also health a hazard, No bloodborn/airborn pathogen training,no lockout tagout.
Most Maint are unqualified(create hazards for patients and employees)
This place is a wreck.
My Work experience at MacNeal Hospital was very rewarding as a Patient Care Technician.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Berwyn, ILSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: the company always acknowledged you for good performance, they gave us great dinners for the holidays.
Cons: their were times when we lacked the supplies we need to perform our jobs effectively.
A typical day at MacNeal Hospital, was to get a detailed report on all of your patients, and make sure all of the telemetry patient's vitals were taken every 4 hours, perform accu checks, draw blood, suction patients, perform ekg's and assist patient's with personal care. I learned how to do dressing changes, how to suction properly and how to to trach – more... care. My co-workers were team oriented, Very knowledgeable and proactive. The hardest part of the job was when the acuity on the floor was high and we had a code or a rapid response. The most enjoyable part of the job was when every patient's needs was met. – less
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Berwyn, ILSeptember 8, 2013
Daily Work Environment
Lead Med Tech (Current Employee), Berwyn Il.August 26, 2013
Pros: med techs
Cons: support
Good Group of Techs which lack Support
and equipment. Good hearted Med Techs.
Productive and educactional
PCT (Current Employee), Berwyn, ILAugust 15, 2013
Pros: enjoy my co workers. they are a team player
Cons: never really have the time for breaks, patient care is a priority
Every day at work my work skills progress and I love learning all about the medical field and medical terminalogy
Productive Day with a great team
Financial Counselor/Cashier (Current Employee), Berwyn, ILAugust 6, 2013
My typical day at work is being responsible for advising patients, of what an estimation of responsibility they will owe. I advise patients for all of Vanguard IL Hospitals. I also verify demographics and take payments over via phone. Once the calls are completed I create spreadsheets for all four locations with the agreement of payment.
I enjoyed working with pediatrics.
Medical Assistant & Phlebotomist for Pediatrics (Current Employee), Riverside, ILJuly 17, 2013
It was rewarding to take care of children and watch them grow.
It was even more rewarding bonding with the parents while sharing concerns to make and keep their children healtlhy.
Fun workplace, great staff
Registered Nurse/Operating Room RN (Current Employee), Berwyn, ILJune 27, 2013
Great Surgeons, Nurses and Techs. New technology advancements and equipment in OR. Magnet Hospital Status. Patient centered. Family friendly, caring and compasionate staff.
Something new daily
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Berwyn, ILJune 24, 2013
Pros: free parking
Cons: short lunch break
Typical day is going in @ 7am setting up all my exam rooms, prepping QC logs. I currently work in OB/Gyne alot of pregnant mommies. I learned so much about MFM due to working with a great doctor Dr.Kemp. Partest part of my job is giving abnormal results to my patient's. I love my co-workers they are always willing to help and we work well as a team
great people to work with
Emergency Room Technician II /Secretary (Current Employee), berwyn,illinoisJune 10, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: short staffed
very busy ER, fast paced, awesome coworkers, great management, love helping others

1 2 3