MacNeill Group

MacNeill Group Employee Reviews

Wonderful people and company
Underwriting Technical Department (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLMarch 16, 2015
Working for MacNeill Group is when I realized that I enjoyed working in HO insurance. I was working in auto insurance prior to working for MacNeill/Citizens insurance company. Working overtime on weekends was a joy for me. The hardest part of working there was the micromanaging.
Benefits/salary was great but job security is VERY poor
Underwriting Tech I (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: team members are great, pay is usually awesome
Cons: no job security at all
I enjoyed the work I did, mainly because it allowed me to work independently, but the managers are not very "nice" and do not communicate very well. Job security is non existant there either, which makes a person not want to even come to work most days.
Productive and fun enviroment
ENDORSEMENT UNDERWRITER (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLNovember 1, 2014
Always educated on new state laws and guidelines while having fun.
Property Line and Commercial Insurance Management Agent
Customer Service Insurance Representative/Jr (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: great company to work for
Cons: company decreasing
CSR for policyholders, policy management, personal and commercial insurance policies
A sweat shop in a pretty building by a former employee
Management (Former Employee), Sunrise, FLJune 24, 2014
Pros: maybe the benefits but at a cost
Cons: just a bad bad place
Believe everyone who says that it's a revolving door. Even recruiters have asked "what's wrong with that place.?" Low morale is the name of the game here. Everyone is just worried as to who's going to be next.
They want the employees to vote for Macneill to be voted "Best place to work" but that's a joke. Some people in management are really good people, others have no business being in the position they are in as they have no people skills, are only looking to make it higher in the food chain by stepping over others and are only looking to pad their own pockets.
Stay away from this place. They will use you and then set you up for the kill by finding, no making up things to fire you. Give them 110% and they will give you the boot. Be a lowlife ready to screw someone over and you'll make it there.
Really, stay away! I am not a former disgruntled employee, I just saw all of the injustices that were committed there and its really terrible. They are hurting for good people but some I have heard have even had nervous breakdowns and health issues due to the unwarranted stress place upon you.

PS: Many, many other really good employers in the area.
A revolving door. Ok if just looking for a temp job.
Personal Lines Underwriter (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLApril 12, 2014
Benefits and pay are average however this place is a revolving door. I worked in an office of 8 people and in a year I seen 16 people come and go. No room to advance and no job security since the job is to underwrite insurance policies for Citizens who is cutting back on how many policies they insure. So basically you would be working for a company that will be downsizing.
internship
New Business Underwriter Internship Program (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLMarch 14, 2014
The internship program was a great learning experience. I just turned out to not be interested in the subject matter so I changed directions.
never work here
data entry (Former Employee), sunrise floridaMay 22, 2013
Pros: profit sharing, good health insurance
Cons: over worked, bad management, high turnover, favoritism of friends and family
very very high turnover rate, management is terrible, favoritism, too much work is given and rules change constantly, forced to do overtime, will probably only be employed for a year or less
nepotism is alive and well at this company.
License Verification/Data Entry (Former Employee), sunrise floridaMay 8, 2013
Pros: biweekly pay
Cons: high turn over
case in post the owner wife and son works at the company. he walks around all day looking at each and every one.Very high turn over. Every couple months there is a new hiring class. To replace the old people that where let go. Mico management. Only work there one year laid off.
A job with no security, poor leadership and no room for advancement
Underwriter. (Former Employee), SarasotaApril 30, 2013
Pros: it's a job
Cons: poor management, no advancement, hostile work enviroment.
I cannot speak for the whole company as I work at the satelite sarasota office as an underwriter. It is just a job or a paycheck for as long as the management feel like having you there. Work here and you will be spoken down to and spoken to as if you are a child. There is no room for growth as the office has parted ways with 16 employees and now there are only 7 left. There is mandatory overtime which means no work life balance or family time. Not a company that offers a career. There are different rules for the satelite office than the sunrise office.
Horrible Management
Not applicable (Current Employee), sunrise flMarch 20, 2013
Pros: it is a job
Cons: poor morale
High turn over,horrible managers and they work you like a dog. Some people come and go without clocking out and no one does anything, but if you clock in 5 minutes late just because you forgot to clock in when you were really in 15 minutes early you get written up. Horrible Horrible place. I do not have enough time or space to explain what is wrong.
Data Services Clerk (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLDecember 4, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Great management. Opportunities to grow within the company.
System Admin position that I accepted was not what I spent my work day
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLOctober 5, 2012
Pros: its a job
Cons: mentioned above
Poor management and leadership within department I work, very high turn over rate very poor work life balance and very poor compensation.

MacNeill Group Salaries