Macomb Community College Employee Reviews

Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 19, 2017
The staff provides great support and the team collaborates at a high level. Adjunct instructors are treated professionally and the facilities are top notch.
Great Job
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MI, Warren, MIApril 18, 2017
I absolutely loved teaching at Macomb. It had nothing to do with the school itself, or the program supervisors, it had to do with my students. I loved watching them feel good about themselves after learning a new task and helping them achieve there goals.
I was told that I had a certain way of teaching that made my students not feel as students but equals and that was exactly what I was hoping for. I had a skill that I was extremely good at and enjoyed doing as my occupation and I wanted to help them become Medical Assistants and to enjoy the field as I did.
Pros
The People I met
Instructors are very dedicated.
Student (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIApril 9, 2017
All the instructors are very dedicated to teaching you the necessary skills you need to be successful. The staff and counselors never turn you away and is committed to guiding you in the right direction.
Staff is great.
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIMarch 31, 2017
Work is always fun and you learn a lot. The work with you on your hours and the staff is very diverse. The work environment is safe and you have a chance for big promotions.
education assembly line
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIMarch 30, 2017
Most of the students will never get the jobs they really think they will get. They all want to start out at 80K a year, but, in reality, they'll be lucky to get an entry level help desk job at 30K.
Pros
Little input or supervision from management
Cons
little input or supvervision from management
Only for Early College of Macomb Students
Peer Mentor (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIMarch 10, 2017
This is only for Early College of Macomb students. This mentor program is to help kids who are entering this program and helping them transition into college life.
School is school
Student (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJanuary 23, 2017
Learning is a wonderful thing but education can be a long difficult process. I made sure I got that which I'd come for and was very excited to implement all that I had learned.
Pros
Short days
Cons
Long study nights
Going through transition
Manager (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIDecember 15, 2016
If you live in Macomb County, chances are your life is touched by Macomb Community College every day. You will find our alumni in your doctor’s and veterinarian’s offices, police and fire departments, business and industry, as well as in Macomb’s own classrooms and offices. What draws our alumni back “home” is a mission that encompasses education, enrichment and economic development, making Macomb a major contributor to the community’s overall quality of life.
Great school
Biology Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIDecember 15, 2016
Wonderful professors, great school, supportive staff, full of mentorship/leadership opportunities. It's a wonderful environment to work in, as well.
Pros
Great location!
Cons
Hard work and difficult to balance school and work.
Productive and Informative
Technical Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJuly 6, 2016
I enjoyed working for Macomb it was productive and positive work environment and I would recommend the location or position to anyone.

Want to know more about Macomb Community College?

Ask a question
Community College
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 17, 2016
Friendly, affordable and fun place to teach. I recommend this to everyone. The location is ideal and students can drive to college. The layout of the classroom course is designed to help every student achieve excellence.
Pros
wonderful classes offered
Cons
affordable price
great management place
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIFebruary 2, 2016
learn something new every day. get to help others lead groups. the co workers are great to work with. Enjoyed every part of it
Glenn Taylor
Game Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Warren, MINovember 23, 2015
This job was a student work study job, that assisted me in the world of employment. Although it was based on getting work experience, It was also a fun job.
Excellent work environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warren, MINovember 13, 2015
I learned many skills and had a great experience, which lead me into my first real advertising job. I was able to become even closer with my professors and enjoyed teaching fellow students.
Pros
Long holiday vaction breaks
Cons
No healthcare (was not full-time)
great
Instructor of Italian language basic courses (Current Employee) –  Macomb Community CollegeOctober 31, 2015
Very interesting. I like working with the students. I enjoy the mutual exchange. My co-workers and the school itself facilitate my work in every possible manner.
Pros
teaching italian
Cons
temporary
Very exciting and fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIOctober 5, 2015
I was able to make my own schedule ad the managers were very cool about me leaving and coming in when needed to they were very understanding with working around my other job at the time
external tutor
external tutor (Former Employee) –  warren,MISeptember 26, 2015
Being able to make the best impression every day on 35 children and a teachers. Administrative work teaching children to follow behavior rules, and school rules along with time lines by setting examples, by getting papers check and returned and mailboxes filled to go home. Running copies for teachers and making sure lesson plans are ready to go for the week. Checking in books for the school library and organizing it. The most rewarding part of the job was seeing the kids actually comprehend the books that were learning English, this was priceless.
Great
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Macomb, MIAugust 18, 2015
This position was wonderful. They work with the students so that they are able to keep their grades up! Very flexible schedule and great pay.
I loved working at the college, it was fast paced and i ad a lot of people interaction
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township MichiganAugust 14, 2015
Started work at 9 am. Open and unlocked all the doors. Setup all computers. Serviced student is in many different ares, testing as well as clerical had interactions with professors.I learned steps and procedures ed how to give proctored tests from different colleges.
l in enjoy working with the wide variety of people. Management was very supported and helpful and always there to help out if need be.
The hardest part was when the students did no want to follow the rules.I enjoyed working with the many different students. from the first day when they started as scared and unsure until the last day when they were confident and walked with knowledge.
Pros
wonderful staff and management
Cons
hardly an breaks in the work day
I Would Work Here Again!
Italian and Spanish Tutor (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJuly 16, 2015
Tutoring Italian and Spanish has been my favorite job that I've done so far. If Macomb, or anybody, asked me if I wanted to be a tutor again, I wouldn't even think about it. There were days when the students were more trying than others, but for the most part I loved doing it. I was passionate about the language, passionate about teaching it, and Macomb gave me that opportunity. And I was paid a decent wage for it, too.

There were a few problems though. There was no true advancement, only increased pay depending on how many hours you had tutored for, there were no benefits, and if enrollment dropped, your future as a tutor was not ensured (which is what happened to me). But everything else was just peachy.
Pros
Just about everything
Cons
No job security or advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macomb Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2