Macomb Community College Employee Reviews in United States

Community College
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 17, 2016
Friendly, affordable and fun place to teach. I recommend this to everyone. The location is ideal and students can drive to college. The layout of the classroom course is designed to help every student achieve excellence.
Pros
wonderful classes offered
Cons
affordable price
Glenn Taylor
Game Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Warren, MINovember 23, 2015
This job was a student work study job, that assisted me in the world of employment. Although it was based on getting work experience, It was also a fun job.
Excellent work environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warren, MINovember 13, 2015
I learned many skills and had a great experience, which lead me into my first real advertising job. I was able to become even closer with my professors and enjoyed teaching fellow students.
Pros
Long holiday vaction breaks
Cons
No healthcare (was not full-time)
great
Instructor of Italian language basic courses (Current Employee) –  Macomb Community CollegeOctober 31, 2015
Very interesting. I like working with the students. I enjoy the mutual exchange. My co-workers and the school itself facilitate my work in every possible manner.
Pros
teaching italian
Cons
temporary
Very exciting and fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIOctober 5, 2015
I was able to make my own schedule ad the managers were very cool about me leaving and coming in when needed to they were very understanding with working around my other job at the time
external tutor
external tutor (Former Employee) –  warren,MISeptember 26, 2015
Being able to make the best impression every day on 35 children and a teachers. Administrative work teaching children to follow behavior rules, and school rules along with time lines by setting examples, by getting papers check and returned and mailboxes filled to go home. Running copies for teachers and making sure lesson plans are ready to go for the week. Checking in books for the school library and organizing it. The most rewarding part of the job was seeing the kids actually comprehend the books that were learning English, this was priceless.
Great
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Macomb, MIAugust 18, 2015
This position was wonderful. They work with the students so that they are able to keep their grades up! Very flexible schedule and great pay.
I loved working at the college, it was fast paced and i ad a lot of people interaction
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township MichiganAugust 14, 2015
Started work at 9 am. Open and unlocked all the doors. Setup all computers. Serviced student is in many different ares, testing as well as clerical had interactions with professors.I learned steps and procedures ed how to give proctored tests from different colleges.
l in enjoy working with the wide variety of people. Management was very supported and helpful and always there to help out if need be.
The hardest part was when the students did no want to follow the rules.I enjoyed working with the many different students. from the first day when they started as scared and unsure until the last day when they were confident and walked with knowledge.
Pros
wonderful staff and management
Cons
hardly an breaks in the work day
I Would Work Here Again!
Italian and Spanish Tutor (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJuly 16, 2015
Tutoring Italian and Spanish has been my favorite job that I've done so far. If Macomb, or anybody, asked me if I wanted to be a tutor again, I wouldn't even think about it. There were days when the students were more trying than others, but for the most part I loved doing it. I was passionate about the language, passionate about teaching it, and Macomb gave me that opportunity. And I was paid a decent wage for it, too.

There were a few problems though. There was no true advancement, only increased pay depending on how many hours you had tutored for, there were no benefits, and if enrollment dropped, your future as a tutor was not ensured (which is what happened to me). But everything else was just peachy.
Pros
Just about everything
Cons
No job security or advancement
Macomb
Administrative Assistant V (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJuly 9, 2015
Macomb Community College was a great place to work. The culture was great, the administration was fabulous. The benefits were wonderful. I was able to take a few classes in between working hours which was very nice.
Pros
Free tuition
Cons
Union
It was a great experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  clinton twp, MiJuly 6, 2015
The teachers and staff werewonderfdul and very accomadatring. I loved it. The education recieved there was very valuble
Quite Workplace
Lab-Aid (Current Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIJuly 1, 2015
Check for student lab cards. Computer updates. Installs of software. Assisting with general computer problems. There is no room for advancement.
The work study postion was beneficial to my carree path
Financial Aid Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJune 10, 2015
The financial aid department at Macomb Community College was a very nice atmosphere to work in. I learned information about scholarship programs and financial aid funding. The job required you to work various work schedules which was sometimes inconvenient. My co workers were very friendly sociable people to work with and the management team was professional.
Pros
good pay and experience
Cons
work scheduling
Orthodontic assistant
Learning Center Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIMay 2, 2015
This job is a very fast paced environment as well as stressful. If you do not have a strong upper lip you may have a hard time dealing with some of the doctors.
Pros
Four day work week
Cons
Stress
Typical Helpdesk Tech
Angel Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIApril 16, 2015
A typical day here is logging onto the computer and phones. Answer phone calls regarding consumer issues. Checking the variety of cases from users that regarding various issues and creating courses and accounts for faculty members.

The management here is pretty much straight-forward. They are willing to work with your work-life schedule.

The co-workers are pleasant and friendly office environment. Sometimes workers like to procrastinate however, the job does get done in a timely manner.
Pros
Ability to learn problems amongst different operating systems in various browsers.
Cons
Short Breaks, Cannot Exceed 25 hours per week, No Future Advancement
Very laid-back work environment
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIFebruary 24, 2015
Really enjoyed working for MCC. Managers were very friendly and helpful. Co-workers were quite enjoyable as well. Would love to find a full time position there.
Pros
co-workers/management
Cons
temporary employment for work studies
Great work environment with supportive co-workers in a team orientated office
Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIJanuary 28, 2015
A typical day at work entails booking room requests, planning events, and collaborating with co-workers.
Pros
flexible schedule and supportive co-workers
Cons
part time
Good co workers and management.
Student Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIJanuary 23, 2015
I have enjoyed working at Macomb Community College for the past 3 years. The atmosphere is very professional, but easy.
I have had some of the best supervisors and management around.
Pros
work hours and relaxed atmosphere
Fun workplace room for advancement
Member of the cleaning team, obligated to clean (Former Employee) –  warren, miNovember 12, 2014
good place to learn proper work ethic, fun work place. nice team members and management
Pros
good management
Cons
not enough hours
Great co-workers and fun workplace
Library Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warren Michigan 48088October 2, 2014
A typical day at my work includes giving great customer service to staff, students, and the general public. I also assist with computer and printer problems. My co-workers are very supportive and we work as a team to help people. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult patrons. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I have helped someone with my knowledge of library services.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
no health benefits for part-time staff

4.3