Macomb Community College Employee Reviews

Macomb
Administrative Assistant V (Former Employee), Warren, MIJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Free tuition
Cons: Union
Macomb Community College was a great place to work. The culture was great, the administration was fabulous. The benefits were wonderful. I was able to take a few classes in between working hours which was very nice.
It was a great experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), clinton twp, MiJuly 6, 2015
The teachers and staff werewonderfdul and very accomadatring. I loved it. The education recieved there was very valuble
Quite Workplace
Lab-Aid (Current Employee), Charter Township of Clinton, MIJuly 1, 2015
Check for student lab cards. Computer updates. Installs of software. Assisting with general computer problems. There is no room for advancement.
The work study postion was beneficial to my carree path
Financial Aid Specialist (Former Employee), Warren, MIJune 10, 2015
Pros: good pay and experience
Cons: work scheduling
The financial aid department at Macomb Community College was a very nice atmosphere to work in. I learned information about scholarship programs and financial aid funding. The job required you to work various work schedules which was sometimes inconvenient. My co workers were very friendly sociable people to work with and the management team was professional.
Orthodontic assistant
Learning Center Facilitator (Former Employee), Charter Township of Clinton, MIMay 2, 2015
Pros: Four day work week
Cons: Stress
This job is a very fast paced environment as well as stressful. If you do not have a strong upper lip you may have a hard time dealing with some of the doctors.
Typical Helpdesk Tech
Angel Support Technician (Current Employee), Clinton Township, MIApril 16, 2015
Pros: Ability to learn problems amongst different operating systems in various browsers.
Cons: Short Breaks, Cannot Exceed 25 hours per week, No Future Advancement
A typical day here is logging onto the computer and phones. Answer phone calls regarding consumer issues. Checking the variety of cases from users that regarding various issues and creating courses and accounts for faculty members.

The management here is pretty much straight-forward. They are willing to work with your work-life schedule.

The co-workers are pleasant and friendly office environment. Sometimes workers like to procrastinate however, the job does get done in a timely manner.
Very laid-back work environment
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Warren, MIFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: co-workers/management
Cons: temporary employment for work studies
Really enjoyed working for MCC. Managers were very friendly and helpful. Co-workers were quite enjoyable as well. Would love to find a full time position there.
Great work environment with supportive co-workers in a team orientated office
Event Coordinator (Current Employee), Warren, MIJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule and supportive co-workers
Cons: part time
A typical day at work entails booking room requests, planning events, and collaborating with co-workers.
Good co workers and management.
Student Support Assistant (Current Employee), Warren, MIJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: work hours and relaxed atmosphere
I have enjoyed working at Macomb Community College for the past 3 years. The atmosphere is very professional, but easy.
I have had some of the best supervisors and management around.
Fun workplace room for advancement
Member of the cleaning team, obligated to clean (Former Employee), warren, miNovember 12, 2014
Pros: good management
Cons: not enough hours
good place to learn proper work ethic, fun work place. nice team members and management
Great co-workers and fun workplace
Library Technical Assistant (Current Employee), Warren Michigan 48088October 2, 2014
Pros: relaxed environment
Cons: no health benefits for part-time staff
A typical day at my work includes giving great customer service to staff, students, and the general public. I also assist with computer and printer problems. My co-workers are very supportive and we work as a team to help people. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult patrons. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I have helped someone with my knowledge of library services.
School Review
Cisco Technology Instructor (Current Employee), Warren, MISeptember 8, 2014
Good School to prepare for undergrad courses. Then transfer to larger university
Assistant to Secretary
Secretarial Assistant (Former Employee), Macomb, MichiganAugust 1, 2014
Pros: worked around my school schedule.
Cons: no benefits
Every day was a little different. Take phone calls from faculty and students and direct them to the correct phone lines. Help out the activity center with posters to be made. Make the coffee, use the copier and fax machine. Type labels on a typewriter and other correspondence that is needed. Talk to students looking for help and faculty.
Productive and fun workplace
Registration Worker (Current Employee), Warren, MIApril 29, 2014
Working at Macomb Community College is a great experience.
Wonderful office
Student Life and Leadership Assistant (Current Employee), Charter Township of Clinton, MIApril 15, 2014
Fantastic co-workers and management. Employees were treated with respect. Overall, this was a fun work environment that placed focus on the skills of the staff.
Caring staff
Tutor (Former Employee), South CampusApril 8, 2014
Great job for a beginner. Hours are variable. Students really want to learn.
Very rewarding and educational
Student Aid (Former Employee), Macomb, MINovember 13, 2013
Pros: helping others, great work environmant, good hours, independance.
Cons: part time, low pay
My typical day at work consisted of mentoring students with programming projects and other computer-related projects. I also maintained the computers and other hardware and software being used in the lab.
I learned I was able to debug programs in languages I had yet to learn, and learned more about software and hardware.
I typically worked alone in the lab and the only interaction I had with other – more... workers is when I relieved someone and I was being relieved at the end of my shift.
Management wasn't around much but when they were they were very nice and helpful.
The hardest part of my job was actually when I was off- I would go into the lab to work on my own assignments and would frequently find a line of students and/or an instructor behind me wanting my help, which I did, even though I was not working.
The most enjoyable aspect of my job was when I explained something to a student, and even sometimes to an instructor, and I gave that person their "aha" moment. – less
Difficult to advance
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Warren, MISeptember 30, 2013
Pros: helping students achieve their goals
Cons: difficult to advance.
It is very difficult to advance into supervisor positions in which I am seeking to apply my degree too. I enjoy providing assistance to those I encounter. Have a great office of co-workers.
Teaching for the Sake of Learning New Things
Instructor (Current Employee), Warren, MISeptember 2, 2013
Pros: hours, compensation
Cons: classes run 1/year, management mix ups
The C4K program was created in 2005 to bring summer classes to students involving their interests they otherwise wouldn't have access to.
The typical day would involve anywhere from 2 to 8 hours of work depending on how many classes were running on a particular day.
While working at MCC, I learned the importance of being prepared (daily and weekly curriculum), but all while being flexible enough to – more... adjust your plans should the lesson plans veer into one direction. Any coworkers in the classes were hand-selected aids, so the cohesive teamwork between myself and any assistants was never an issue.

Working with the wide spectrum of ages provided its own challenge. Whereas the younger students of the dinosaur class (5-9) and the high-school aged students (14-18) were more apt to listen to the instruction, the early teen/middle school students (11-13) would often have trouble focussing on the non-social aspects of class.
The management, though effective, as sometimes overlooked by the MCC institution. This would result in the management of C4K telling instructors one thing, while the school is giving us completely different information, and no one seemed to know which instruction to take.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the students engaged and into the classwork; asking questions, having in-class discussion on the subject matter between themselves, or even doing their own work outside of class. – less
Part Time Employer
Biology Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Warren, MIAugust 8, 2013
Cons: no breaks. no healthcare. no benefits whatsoever
Hours were always fluctuating. The only new thing that I learned was cadaver dissection, and that only after I had a course in it. My supervisors were typical college professors. I didn't care for my co-workers because they were immature younger people. The hardest part of the job was being on my feet all day and then dashing to my college classes.