Macomb Intermediate School District Employee Reviews

Was only at this job for a short time but was very good experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIAugust 3, 2016
My position was to help with all office duties as needed. I met some wonderful people and enjoyed working with them. Though there was much to learn, I felt that it was a wonderful experience,
Pros
People were wonderful
Cons
Was only a temporary position
A great place to work however,
PROFESSIONAL SCHOOL BUS DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIJuly 22, 2016
A great place to work however, the bus driver wages are far to low with all the responsibilities and liabilities that we have on a daily basis.

I transport special needs student's on a daily basis which this person really enjoy's and most of the parents within our district are wonderful to us driver's.

My supervisor's have treated me with respect of which I'm very greatful. The district itself is wonderful to their employee's and really care about them.

If you are looking for a great place to start getting experience with your CDL A with P and S endorsments then Macomb Intermidiate School District is the place for you.
Pros
Fantastic medical benefits.
Cons
Low wages per hour, far to much time off throught the calender year that's unpaid per the district.
It was a great place to work
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Macomb County, MIJuly 7, 2016
I enjoyed working with the students at all levels in the MISD. Helping them on a regular basis was both rewarding and sometimes tough but worth the effort.
Pros
Fair pay and somewhat of a community service type job
Cons
Some employees didn't carry their responsibility well
helping the students to be successful
Bilingual Tutor and Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIFebruary 4, 2016
to teach the students the right way, I like to work with diversity of people, and learn about them to see their culture, and presenting to others
Love working with the students!
Former para (Former Employee) –  AI programFebruary 4, 2016
Loved working with the students and most of the staff.
But it seems that the paras are supposed to be seen, used...& not heard. I felt Our opinions, feelings ideas meant nothing. I think a lot of these issues could be solved by having "peer reviews" maybe then everyone would feel more appreciated and respected.
Pros
Rewarding work!
Cons
safety issues for students and staff, low staff moral, paras are not respected like they should...new administration??
Never got paid
Substitute Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 4, 2015
I enjoyed working with students with special needs but I still have not received my pay check from over a year ago so I refused to work here again.
The time off
Transportation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIOctober 5, 2015
Good experience you get a lot of downtown to run errands. I would it's better to stay a temporary employee if one does need for benefits
Pros
Time of on holidays etc.
Cons
No pay for the holidays
Kids are awesome
Lunch Aide (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIOctober 4, 2015
great place to work. I absolutely adore every student! It is tough work though! it takes a special kind of person to work in this environment.
Team work
Para Professional Children of Special Needs (Current Employee) –  Macomb County, MichiganSeptember 12, 2015
Rewarding work with children with Autism and Cognitive challenges. Everyone is willing to work together to resolve issues.
great work place, family like enviornment
Transportation Assistant (Former Employee) –  st. clair shores, miFebruary 25, 2015
I learned lots of life skills that will stick with me, appreciation for other people, learned how to be responsible, and to think of other people before myself, i really enjoyed working there.
Pros
learned life skills
Cons
the hours were bad
Loved working with co-workers...
Bilingual Instructional Assistant/ Translator (Former Employee) –  Township of Clinton, MIFebruary 18, 2015
It was an easy working day. I have learned that I have to be a kid to work with a kid. Time management during this work schedule was very important due to traveling. All my co-workers are wonderful to work with everyday. The hardest part of the job is not having enough time spent with the student in their school. The most enjoyable part of this job is making a difference in a child's life in school.
Pros
On my own schedule at work...
Cons
No healthcare benefits at work...
Work at home
Great Start Macomb (Current Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MISeptember 4, 2014
Work from my home. Easy email and phone contact. Has worked great for me with school aged children.
Pros
Work from home
Ehh.
Substitute Shift Operator (Former Employee) –  Warren MIAugust 3, 2014
Good for part time. Low salary for a lot of physical work. Hard to get hired in.
Good workplace for career minded individual
Secretary V (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIFebruary 21, 2014
Excellent advancement opportunities in a fair, safe, well-balanced community. Co-Workers were amazing and all very knowledgeable about their position. I could always find help from someone who had experience there as most are "lifers".

I made the job too hard for myself, as I took on way more responsibility than what my position called for.

I would work there again if the opportunity arose.
Pros
Monday thru Friday schedule. 1 hour lunch with time to do errands if needed. Half hour drive.
Cons
Some power hungry people, but that is to be expected everywhere.
Not what you expect
Substitute Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIJuly 16, 2012
I loved working here. The students are great! Also, very exciting job. Something new everyday.
Pros
working with students everyday, nights and weekends off, holidays off
Waiting to be hired in
Substitute Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIJune 20, 2012
I've worked at my job since 2006 and still haven't had a full-time position. I love to wake up in the morning to work with my peers and students. There are difficult days but I put them past me by the end of the day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macomb Intermediate School District. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2