Macy's Logistics and Operations

Macy's Logistics and Operations Employer Reviews

Very Satisfying Job
Asset Protection/Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee), Secaucus, NJAugust 13, 2014
Pros: 3 day work week, 4 days off
Cons: long hours, long commute, high gas bill and high toll bills
Helping the company protect their Assets is a very rewarding job. I work 3 13hr days watching over the personnel and property stored in the Fine Jewelry Vault.
Long Later Hours
Packer (Former Employee), Cheshire CTJuly 8, 2014
Cons: management, pay
The job was not compensated by the pay, the management was cruel and misunderstanding. Sent to other areas of work that you were not trained for.
good place for fresh graduates to begin
Licensed forklift operator and pallet rider (Current Employee), Martinsburg, WVJune 4, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: punctuality with help, and pay.
this job is very easy, takes no skill to be employed. a typical day at Macy's Logistics and Operations consists of a morning meeting. After the meeting you go to your assigned area and continue to do the same thing day in and day out. whether its inducting products, picking, packing, or shipping its a very tedious job. Very few of the managers are willing – more... to help in any way. The co-workers are just as bad. Its a bunch of grown adults complaining about how others work. Which in turn becomes the hardest part of the job, dealing with your co-workers. I would not recommend this job to anyone. I have had so many problems with the company and I have worked here for over a year. The main reason I want another job is because they have a hard time with paying you correctly. they always short my checks. It is extremely hard to move up in the company or even get a full time position.
4x10's – less
O-K place to work, room for advancement
Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee), Cheshire, CTMay 22, 2014
Pros: weekly pay, supervisors
Cons: budget cuts, short lunches, low pay
Other than the low pay, not a bad place to work. I enjoyed my co-workers.
Fast Paced Wharehouse Environment
Associate (Current Employee), Cheshire, CTMay 17, 2014
-Multiple Schedules offered
-No Full Time Opportunities
-CrossTraining offered
Very productive work place
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), Martinsburg, WVMay 12, 2014
Typical work day, was always very productive. Learned how to load trucks properly, by building a wall high and tight. Management was good, never had problems with management. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. There was never a hard part of the job. The pay was the most enjoyable.
Associates treated fairly and equally, Safety program is very important for each and all!
Logistics Manager (Former Employee), West Sacramento, CAApril 17, 2014
Pros: treating associates equally in all departments.
Cons: not the same balance of associates to leads/managers through out the logistics system.
A typical day was very long (10-12 hours) and challenging. Functions had to be monitored constantly. If deliveries were cancelled or running late staffing would need to be reassessed immediately and associates reassigned to different department or sent home. This was a constant moment by moment challenge.
The interaction that I was able to have with – more... associates from all departments in the facility due to being the Safety Coordinator was a delight. Helping them with difficult situations, steering them in the direction where they could get the help they needed. Working with divisional when there was a suspicious reason someone had filled an accident claim was very enlightening and interesting.
Being able to travel to other facilities and assist them with the learning and following of company policy and procedures was a highlight. The aspect of training is something this gives one a new look at how processes can be improved for all.
As the Logistics Manager many things were learned and perfected. One of the biggest defeating aspects of the job is that if you are not willing to move to a different facility there is no room for advancement.
The balance of work and home is very much a challenge when working the long hours. – less
Good hours, decent pay
Packer (Former Employee), Martinsburg, WVApril 14, 2014
Pros: set hours, decent pay, benefits
Cons: communication is bad, they work you a bit too hard
It's a nice place to work when you want set hours and possibilities for overtime. It's hard work and they push you a bit too much, but the pay is decent and they give plenty of breaks. Trying to get answers to any questions or help from managers or HR was near impossible.
Seasonal positions
Delivery Associate (Former Employee), Industry, CAMarch 4, 2014
Great opportunity for those looking for part time seasonal positions. Just had a huge nation wide lay off for full time employees.
Macy's
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Portland, TNFebruary 28, 2014
Fast paced, easy work, good pay, not a stable job. Learned to pick specific items and ship them to various locations.
The people made the job.
Material Handler/ Home MSL (Former Employee), Portland, TNJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: pay, stable hours.
Cons: repetative, hr policies regarding hiring.
As far as warehouse jobs go, this was an enjoyable job. Hours were stable, pay was fair, overtime was available if you wanted to work it. My only complaint is that I was supposed to stay on after the seasonal position was ended but there was an occurance within the HR dept that prevented that from happening due to the compaies policy of not hiring on – more... full time from an employment agency – less
great job and easy to do.
Universal warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Industry, CADecember 27, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Duties: Work in all departments and be a team player on getting work done and completing projects, supervise part time/seasonal workers.
Pick orders and loud freight into trucks, locate/relocate with PC and PDA(scan gun)
Productive and employee friendly work environment
Human Resources Administrator (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Martinsburg, WVDecember 26, 2013
Pros: relaxed
Cons: only seasonal no benefits
A typical day at work was busy with employee relations and finance issues. I handled these issues with no supervision and minimal management approval. The hardest part of the job was not being able to handle most issues right at our level. We had to forward most things to corporate for processing which could take more time than needed. The office was – more... relaxed and fun. Very open with co-workers and supervisors. – less
seasonal
Packaging (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZDecember 14, 2013
Pros: easy
Cons: no job security
it was easy but it was not a secure job because it was seasonal and they lay you off without notice.
Hours are good, weekends off
Special Order Expeditor (Former Employee), Stone Mountain, GAJuly 23, 2013
This job doesn't offer alot of opportunity for advancement.
Productive and Fun Working Environment
Trainer/Production Worker (Former Employee), Portland, TNApril 17, 2013
Pros: steady work.
Cons: hot working atmosphere.
After clocking in we gather around for a morning meeting where the managers will go over our daily goal and or upcoming events. Awards are given out daily to show gratification amongst hard working employees. Afterwards, we assume work in our designated areas. The rest of the day is like clock work. While I was there I learned a lot about the inner – more... workings of a warehouse type setting. My managers were diverse and very helpful in my training and development. My co-workers were what you would expect from your typical job sight, but none-the-less cheerful. The hardest part of the job was to make sure not to wrongly ship out an order. The enjoyable part of the job is the constant challenge and competition during the everyday production. – less
a great place to work if you can afford to be off alot.
Prep Associate (Former Employee), Portland, TNMarch 20, 2013
It is a great place to work if you have a spouse with good benefits and can afford to be off half the year.
Fast paced environment but not much room for growth
Associate (Former Employee), Portland, TNOctober 24, 2012
Pros: get breaks on time
Cons: long hours
Fast paced environment
Work 12 hr shifts
Don't feel comfortable talking to management
Macy's Logistics and Operations
Human Resources Manager (Seasonal) (Current Employee), Industry, CAOctober 19, 2012
Pros: great associate rallys that shared information about the company and people.
Cons: my position was seasonal.
A very dynamic place to work. Where Management values its employees, shares information and offers plenty of opportunity for advancement.

My daily duties included partnering with executive management on recruitment and staffing efforts during the peak season. I also sourced candidates for several job opportunities within the network.

The most enjoyable – more... part of the job was working with the people. They are all very passionate about their jobs. They have great communication between them and I thoroughly enjoyed the connection and engagement with them.

The least enjoyable part of the job was that it is a seasonal position and I would love to be able to make Macy's my career home. – less
Distribution center with few employees.
Warehouse associate On call part time (Current Employee), Denver, COSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: paid breaks, employee discount at macy's
Cons: little pay, inconsistant hours, not much room for advancement, low raises. no benefits.
Hardest part of the job is that its physical, and little compensation for the hard work expected/required.