Macy's Warehouse Employee Reviews

funny and easy
Picking and Packing (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJMay 14, 2015
working is a mission to success.
working is a learning process which in different fields i can work in without having problems if being lost on what to do.
basketball and mini fun games for bonuses
Stock Clerk, Packer, Fork Lift Driver (Former Employee), Cheshire, CTMarch 19, 2015
A typical day getting along with my co-workers and getting work done at the same time And the managers was awesome. And the hours was a plus.
A very productive and goal reaching company
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: you got paid weekly
Cons: there was no guarantee that you would work all three days or work at all on the weekends
On a Friday morning u can expect to scan about 6 thousand items in a day, I was cross trained in packing, induct, sorting items, matching items to invoices that would be printed with the customer online order and all the orders we dealt with and took care of were from Macy's website. The management there weren't people that wore ties or didn't have excessive tattoos,male or female it differed from each section of the warehouse I enjoyed each managers company and training I realized that I learn by hands on experience but if it is explained to me properly then I can pick up on the task, job, etc. I am very friendly towards other so I became friends with my co- workers and socialized while working at a fast pace because u had to work fast pace at Macys Warehouse like I said there are goals to be reached and it is smiled upon when u go over the goals although it was not frowned upon if it wasn't because there would be a day crew/shift that come in as soon as my shift ended which was 5 am to 6:30 pm it was the shift I chose to work with. But I have to admit the hardest part was not to slow down in the middle of the day. In addition I enjoyed finding work, keeping busy, seeing my co workers and mangers I've worked with and it was easy to keep a Great and happy attitude because of the management and people there.
Macy's warehouse
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Stone Mountain, GAJanuary 29, 2015
It was a great job opportunity, flexible hours, and overtime if needed. All of management were nice and the co-workers were hard working employees
Productive workplace
Runner/Trainer (Current Employee), Cheshire, CTJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: cafe, vending machines.
Cons: short breaks
I like the company overall. Everyone is very polite and willing to work together. There are good hours as well. It is very easy to approach supervisors and managers as well. There is also a café there so you can get food without leaving.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Cheshire, CTJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great environment, food, great people.
Cons: short breaks.
Typical work day, Star talk finding out what our goals are and how to reach them, signing into a scanner and receiving your task. Finding a truck do a truck check list, search for items and drop them off at the proper locations.

I've learn to keep a steady paste always strive for better and work fast, without team work you will not be successful.

My management and coworkers were excellent, they always showed you ways to be better and to be on top.

The hardest part about my job was doing the same thing for 12 hours straight. But I enjoyed every minute of it.

The most enjoyable part of my job is learning my totals at the end of my shift, and did I reach my goal.
Busy place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: the fast pace and study work makes the time go by fast
Cons: work can sometimes be stifling at certain times of the year
Fast paced company that's keep you on the go with moving and receiving of new product from several suppliers on a daily basis, also the high demand of consumer orders be placed
packing and checking
Seasonal Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJAugust 25, 2014
Pros: i had to bring my own launch
Cons: short breaks
it was hard job i had to uploading jewelry and packing i was working 12 hour per day
Safe and Entusiastic work place
Seasonal Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZAugust 12, 2014
Personally, I consider the experience of working to Macy's thoughtful. The work environment is friendly and the managers are caregiver.
n/a
Picker (Current Employee), Harford CountyAugust 1, 2014
Come in give 110%. Move quickly and make sure everything is done correctly. Converse with manager/coworkers to make sure we all have the job done correctly. I don't feel there is anything hard with this job because we are working as a team what i don't know someone else does.
Productive and good and clean workforce
Processor (Former Employee), Portland< TnJuly 17, 2014
Pros: no free lunches
Cons: two free 15minutes breaks and one hour lunch
picking items and shipping them out learned how to work in a warehouse drive forklifts and be steady n a good hard worker and bring my knowledge n growth to the workforce
You need to have a strong back.
Receiving Department (Former Employee), Cheshire, CTJuly 8, 2014
Pros: cafe lunches
Cons: very duty
Everyone is friendly and willing to help you. Although the warehouse is very busy and loud environment there was always something to do. The hardest place of this job was standing for so long but its good exercise. The most beneficial thing about this job you can get bonus as well as a promotions.
Friendly working staff and they train you very well.
Machine Operations (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZMay 23, 2014
Pros: sometimes got free bbq from managers who cooked.
Cons: long lunches and good breaks from time to time.
I had to normally stock product with a UPC gun in there destinated areas. My co-workers were very friendly and they helped me out well with whatever questions i had about the business. I really liked the job because i was already used to stocking product from a previous job and i was comfortable with it.
If your looking for that hard working guy here i am
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), Union, CAApril 29, 2014
Pros: short breaks
Cons: healthcare
a typical day at work is working safe and hard and working as a team . i learn something new everyday. i respect management and will play my team poisson.
i liked it but knew it was not the job for me
Packer (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZApril 22, 2014
it was very face paced and very long hours. but it was only temparary
Typical warehouse
Security Guard (Former Employee), South Windsor, CTApril 7, 2014
Very productive work enviroment, Heavy work duty. I learned to be very protective of work property and report and incidents to my manager.
Nice enviorment
Stocker (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 21, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed working in the warehouse with great people
Cons: no enough hours
My day with start with loading and unloading boxes. The boxes that were unloaded we would have to place on shelves or racks. The trainers were very helpful and took their time to show the proper places everything needed to go.
fast past work environment with good management
Loader/Unloader/Sorter (Former Employee), st.louis, Mo.March 4, 2014
great job with nice employees and good compensation
great management, works with your schedule
Production was ran smoothly
Material Handler (Former Employee), Joppa, MarylandFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: easy root to work and parking. pay was acceptional for that kind of job.
Cons: the hours were shifty at times, hours may have been limited or extended daily.
Most of the time company had their shipments ran in order and on time. Plenty of space to complete assignment. Work always started and ended on time unless Voluntary Time Off became a option. I learned how to receive, replenish, pick, pack and ship merchandise. The management could have been more nice to the staff but had all the answers to most of our questions. My co-workers were very helpful and stayed in good spirits with one another. The hardest part of the job was the walking to and from certain areas. The most enjoyable part of the job was reaching the daily quota. It was easy to reach our goal for the day which made the management extremely happy and treated the employees for jobs getting completed.
Productive and fun place to work
Seasonal Supervisor/Associate (Current Employee), Goodyear, AZJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: the ability to learn and grow.
Cons: only part time/pay
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with some really great managers and associates.