Macy's

10.8K reviews

Macy's Employee Reviews

Found 10,712 reviews matching the search
A friendly place to work for
Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, 40503February 10, 2016
I enjoyed my working at Macy's. My supervisor was very friendly. I would start the day very early. I put merchandise away in the store before customers would arrive. If employees did not finish he or she would have to work while the store is open and this would sometimes be difficult especially on a sale date.
Great Company and Great People
Cosmetics and Fragrance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WA 98003February 10, 2016
Enjoyed working at Macys and meeting all new and wonderful People.....All the products are high quality and Amazing.....All Positive experiences and Lots of Joy and excitement
Seasonal position
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLFebruary 10, 2016
Assisted customers with the selection of items to be purchased and conduction of sales transaction. During the Christmas season, the store was very busy
Pros
employee discount
Cons
Seasonal position
Fun and engaging staff.
Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 10, 2016
The managers and staff are all welcoming and enjoyable to work with. Everyone treats the customers with respect and integrity even those like myself who work behind the scenes and have little customer interaction.
productive and fun working with macy
Season support (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAFebruary 10, 2016
a typical day at work will involve me helping with papering the store to be open, put new item out on the floor, Help folding and fixing clothes keeping the areas clean.work at Macy's I learn that team work come along way.it help me better my self as a person and help me help the Macy's grow. management was great. my co-workers was outstanding on lending me a hand and making me fell welcome. there kindness help me learn quicker.i love working at Macy's ill say the hardest part of this job was waking up at 6 am in the morning but after a while i got use to it.the most enjoyable part of the job working together as a team to complete a assignment. by observing others work i learn a lot on how to better my self and make to work easier and faster .
Pros
great team work, great customer service
Cons
lake of hours
Executive Assistant
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 9, 2016
Assisted the Executive Director of Credit Promotions with various tasks.

Coworkers were great to work with.

The hardest part was being laid off

The most enjoyable part was learning new things.
Pros
Learned daily inventory control protocols
Cons
Got laid off
productive fun place to work
Global flex (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLFebruary 9, 2016
the managers and co workers were not very friedly but my overall work day was fun i like working and helping people shop and find what best suits them
Very unprofessional management staff. Hostile and stressful workplace. Management staff not resourceful. Low wages benefit..Over work and underpay.
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAFebruary 9, 2016
A typical day at work consist of connecting with customers, providing outstanding customer service and driving sales. Providing great service encourages customers to return. Management being available in difficult situations helps to resolve issues in a timely manner. Having co-workers who works as a team and helpful when busy/hectic can be very helpful. Seeing customers happy with selection when assistant requires and eager to shop more gives you a awesome feeling.
Good Entry Level Retail Job while attending College
Men's Clothing Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 9, 2016
I learned a lot about customer service importance from Macy's. Co-workers were mostly friendly except when in commission sales. Management had a difficult time controlling co-workers who have worked at Macy's for a long time. These co-workers would bully inexperienced workers to get sales. Macy's was accommodating for my school schedule.
Dynamic enviroment
Merchandising Team Manager (Store Volume (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 9, 2016
Macy's is an ever-changing environment adjusting to the needs of the customer. Because of the size and structure of the company, sometimes there is instability that cause slow adjustments and unstableness for the associates.

Macy's is a great place to learn, grow, and develop in current and future positions if one desires. There can be (as with most retailers) a struggle to maintain life/work balance.

Overall, Macys is a solid company to work for and I am intrigued to see what the future holds.
Pretty good place to work if you're interning for business or need money on the side
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXFebruary 9, 2016
In general I enjoyed Macy's. The company culture was great and most of my Managers were too. The only difficulties I had were the pressure of the card applications and the coupons not always working. Returns in general were pretty easy to take care of and maybe I'll work for them again in the future
Pros
Good company culture, fun environment
Cons
Management was pushy sometimes, credit apps and myclient
Pleasant environment
Sales Associate- Elizabeth Arden Cosmetics Counter (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 9, 2016
Located in Mall of America was a very interesting and attractive place to work as had clients from different cultures. My co-workers were very helpful and friendly, very easy to get along. I mostly enjoyed dealing with people with different backgrounds and countries and being able to help them with my language skills.
Pros
store discount
Cons
standing up too many hours
Excellent work team at Macy's (Vernon Hills)
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILFebruary 9, 2016
It was a pleasure working at Macy's with sales associates and managers.

If I had any questions on my job, Sales associates, from the Coats, Handbags, Housewares department assisted in helping me complete any of my aid.

My experience was learning more in the fashion industry and what Macy's goals are for the company.
Pros
Good employee discounts
Cons
More shadow training before started the job
fun
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2016
A typical day of work would start off with clocking in and find out what i would have to do for the day .

working in macys i have learned how to speak to people in ways that makes them so happy that they cant get enough of macys and i up seeing more from them along the week . which ever floor i am working on i always have a great manager who always have a great plan on what needs to be done and where to place me based on my best ability .

in the beginning some of my coworkers where not that nice and helpful to me me but along the way the came around and taught me so many things i cant even believe i learned.

when it comes to the hardest part of my job , i don't believe there is any hard part because everything can be done with the right motivation .

i truly love every part about my job when it comes to working with people it never feels like im working.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
low pay
Macys
Sales Associated (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAFebruary 9, 2016
I Love Macy's it is a fun place to work with good Manger and i would love to go back for Seasonal. Whe would have a go read day where everyone wear red and it just brighting up macy's day and then we did the star reward contest everytime you open up a star reward card and would get macys money , its kinda of hard to get people to sign up to get a macys credit card cause that just adding another bill but when i was there i open like 5 a week so i had a bit of good luck
Pros
Discountrs on iteam at Macys
Cons
short Breaks
Great Team Member and Management
Seasonal Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INFebruary 9, 2016
Your day to day always changes. Management is great and willing to work with your schedule. The hardest part of the job is that sometimes you can't rely on new hires and have to take on the extra work.
Room t6o grow
Cashier/CSR (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAFebruary 9, 2016
Ringing up customer's merchandise, I've learn that I love working with the public. Management was great at heling out. My co worker was very hands on as a team.The hardest part was the job was only seasonal.The most enjoyable part for me was getting to work all area of the store.
Pros
WORKING WITH THE PUBLIC
Cons
THE JOB WAS ONLY SEASONAL
Enjoyed my job
Driver/Cherry-picker (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVFebruary 8, 2016
I work in the home dept.
learned picking, stocking, inbound, outbound ( receiving & shipping )
Everyone from top to bottom worked with me at every challenge in training a different job duty
Pros
breakrooms
Cons
walking a long way to get to my work station
Macy's is a nice place to work.
Part-time seasonal Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, IL 62704February 8, 2016
Macy's store and staff display good team work with strong management. Macy's is a beautiful store that is easy to work and shop in.
Pros
They gave employee incentives.
Cons
The work schedule changed from week to week.
Great Company
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOFebruary 8, 2016
I love the enviroment. Very proffessional and amzing place to work. The company is closing so leaving a lot of people with out jobs with kind looks bad but overall still a great place to work.