Macy's Employee Reviews in United States

Found 13,560 reviews matching the search
Fun to work
Macy's Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 23, 2016
Friendly people , Very busy place and fast paced. Customers are nice has it days where's it's busy and some days when it's not busy
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Only open til 10, need something at night
Productive workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJuly 23, 2016
Macy's is a good company to work for especially for gaining experience working hands on with people. A typical day working at Macy's is never repetitive there will be something different to work on each day. I love the diversity of people who work for the company as well as customer flow. One enjoyable part of the job for me would be seeing different people and being able to help. .
Pros
Flexibility with hours.
Cons
No set schedule.
Receiving
Recieving Associate (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAJuly 22, 2016
The start of your day your most important item is your blade. You typically go into work to unload all boxes off the truck then process all items with sensors. Maintain a clean work place and make sure all trash and dock is clean.
awesome place to work.
Merchandising Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJuly 22, 2016
I worked at macy as a stock merchandise associte. I had indepth training, that made working there a breeze. The employees were always willing to assist me when I had any problems. There was plenty to do,so the work day went by fast.
Pros
warm, inviting work environment. Friendly, efficient staff.
Cons
not enough work hours available.
fun and loving
Sales Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 22, 2016
prepare clients for styling and manage appt for other sylist, loved working with the client to insure they got what they wanted and make sure the clients were satisfied , I really hate it closed down
Pros
the location was bad
Cons
no benifits
It is good expereince
Manager, Delivery/Release Engineering & Automation (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 21, 2016
Good company to work for.

Manage the end to end CI/CD pipeline of Macys.com & Blommingdales.com

Create/Automate framework to run the pipeline including automated build, provision automation, deployment automation, test automation, infrastructure as code.

Support and provide operational support to keep 100+ environments running churning out certified green artifacts.
Fast paced work environment with good team
Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Tarentum, PA 15084July 21, 2016
Fast paced work environment with good team. Diverse work loads with option to gain experience in a wide variety of areas.
A memorable expierience
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORJuly 21, 2016
I like working at macys because i get the hours i need to pay my bills. not a stressful place to work at all. Very flexible scheduling.
Pros
making your own schedule
Cons
hour cuts.
Good start off job
Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Clay, NYJuly 21, 2016
The pay is minimum wage, and trying to advance is almost impossible. It is a job where you do not need technical skills, and unless you are willing to work almost 70 hours a week you will not be able to afford anything. The benefits are pretty much non-existant.
Job environment
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Clearwater FloridaJuly 21, 2016
Productive, good environment to work.
Short ,very short period of time for lunch and not approve in between brakes.Was posible and approved frequently overtime periods.
Cons
Very short period of brake.
good work culture with new technologies.
Devops Engineer (Current Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAJuly 21, 2016
from my experience its really good to work with Macy's Systems and Technology.People are very helpful simply awesome.Very good location,More over I enjoyed a lot while working and learned lot of new technologies.
Pros
Great Atmosphere, Good Hikes
Cons
Parking
nice people
Merchandising lead (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 21, 2016
good company, nice merchandise, somewhat expensive and lots of floors, good employees and management team, great customer service. i liked it here a lot.
work environment
merchandise support (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 20, 2016
fun workplace and good environment. all people that work at Macys are very friendly towards each other or the customers. I also like the fact that they recognize associates every wed of the week.
Friendly environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 20, 2016
I have worked with Macy's for almost 6 years. It is a friendly place. They were very flexible witu my schedule since they knew I was in school. I left only because I am looking for a well paid job that has to do with my bachelor's degree.
Pros
45 mimutes lunches, flexible
Cons
Pay
Decent place to work
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJuly 20, 2016
Ok company to work for I actually was able to have a home life with this company. Was able to pick my own schedule. If I wanted other days I could pick them up.
Pros
Work at own pace. Have own work station.
Cons
Some not so nice people.
had fun working
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYJuly 20, 2016
It was great summer job to have as a part time job to keep busy had a lot of fun there was work to be complete I train individuals as will
productive, challenging
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 20, 2016
i loved it because macys team work is just awesome and i wish i didnt need to go back to my country otherwise i would love to work there
It was a joy to go there everyday I worked.
Receiver/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJuly 20, 2016
Every morning I get there I would clock in then began work. Most of the time they were unloading trucks so either I got on the line or I started to strip the clothes or sometimes I just went straight to sensoring.
Pros
They worked with you .
Cons
They had a point system an when you get so my points you could get fired.
There is nothing for the employees but a break room and random Friday food activities
Associate Member (Former Employee) –  Corte Madera, CAJuly 20, 2016
Macys is a terrible place to work. It is high pressure and low pay. The company does not care about its employees and it is a high-pressure environment. My boss hated me and Human Resources did nothing about it nor did the Store Manager. I got really, really sick emotionally from the poor treatment that I got at Macys.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Terrible environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJuly 20, 2016
Open credit for customers, assisting them in making decision , always friendly.
• Meeting and making a connection with customers, asking questions and listening to shoppers' needs, then giving options and advice on meeting those needs.
• Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting Macy’s commitment to our customer – the most important person in our stores.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.