Macy's
6,831 reviews

Macy's Employer Reviews

Work place was cluttered
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Valley Stream, NYSeptember 29, 2014
Did not enjoy working at Macy's that environment was not for me.
Good work environment
Greet customers, Register, customer service (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: schedule online, see pay online, flexable
Productive and fun work place. The employees are pretty cool, and the customers are usually in a good mood unless they can't use their coupon's
Duties
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CASeptember 29, 2014
· Greet and assist customers with a friendly and professional level.
· Stock inventory.
· Recovery maintained merchandise and floor.
· Assist with co-workers managers as needed.
productive.
Sales Associate, Customer Service (Current Employee), Silverdale, WASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: macys money, time off, benifits, great management.
Cons: shortage of workers often, can be overwhelming for first time sales employees.
this company is a good starting company in which to gain experiance and learn how to manage work and school or other personal events. i love working for this company and would recommend this company to others.
Fun place to work
assist customers (Former Employee), Greece,NYSeptember 29, 2014
A typical day at work for me was to help people with opinions on what looks good on them if they tried something on, put away clothes from dressing rooms and rolling racks. I also had to cash people out and provide amazing customer service. I loved working for macy's when i did because i was seaonal for christmas. Lots of great sales and people in the – more... hoilday sprit was awesome.Management there was great and my co workers where the same. Hardest part of the job was to put clothes away. Easiest part of the job was to help people out with what looked best with different outfits. – less
macys
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Queens, NYSeptember 29, 2014
working for macys was good. I learned how to make sales pitches to different customers. The management was okay. the hardest part of the job was being there not happy because it wasn't something I wanted to do. The enjoyable part was knowing people left happy with what they wanted.
Seasonal Job
SEASONAL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 29, 2014
Overall it was a great place to work for. I wish that the pay was better.
SALE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Orlando FLSeptember 29, 2014
Pretty good place to work at. People are nice, mangers are nice. Very nice environment.
Enjoyed working with all customers
Origins Counter Manager (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: meeting new customers and assisting them with the best products of their needs.
Cons: long standing times
I love working for Macy's it was a great opportunity in retail.
You set new people, assist them with the best products and feel's great interacting.
the hardest part of the job is standing for 8-10 hours a day.
Fast paced environment with great co-workers
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Tukwila, WASeptember 28, 2014
Great management team with amazing opportunities for advancement. Poor work life balance. Incredibly hard working people driven to succeed.
Great environment, people, products
Women shoe Specialist (Current Employee), Temple Hills, MDSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: good discounts, reasonable lunch-break times
Cons: time management, schedule making
Well everyone where like a big happy family. Kind to one another and pushed each other to sell more. Management way great as well as the products they sold. They gave you the proper training so you can do great in your job.
Federated Department Stores was the highlight of my overall career. I was always being challenged and I worked with the best of the best
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 28, 2014
Federated Department Stores (now Macy's) was a wonderful place to work. This is where I was a star and was commended all the time. In just a short period of time, I was promoted three times and my last position with the COO & President was the most rewarding. There was never a day that I did not learn something new or that I was mistreated. I was respected – more... and well liked and that made my days very pleasant. It was a very sad time for me when I decided to "retire" and I do miss all of my co-workers immensely. That was the best years of my office experience. – less
N/A
Making Sales (Former Employee), Torrance, CaSeptember 27, 2014
Learned and Sale Stats.
My immediate supervisor was GREAT
Co-workers were Friendly
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 27, 2014
Pros: friendly customers, lunch break awesome area
Cons: last minute scheduling
“On Monday I begin by going over the list from the previous week, setting priorities. I review the progress of existing projects, then check the calendar to refresh my memory on the upcoming week. I like to meet with my staff early, mid and late week to discuss priorities, check progress, and then prepare for the following week. I want to make sure, – more... as much as possible, that we can all dedicate to tasks that move projects forward, so I make habits out of organizational tasks for speed.” – less
Simple Workplace
Sales Floor/Cashier (Former Employee), Elyria, OHSeptember 27, 2014
Everytime I worked it was usually a chill, content day at work. Management was nice.
Reasonable
OK
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tucker, GASeptember 27, 2014
Pros: there is not one
Cons: pay, hours
Macys is a great place to meet and engage with customers. But the pay is poor and some employees take there jobs to far.
Co-workers were nice, management was questionable
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 27, 2014
While the job was not hard and it was easy to take pride in such a nice store location, the management was was so heavy handed and the sales goals unrealistic.
A fun day in the kids department!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: employee lunches every friday!
Cons: no cons!
I worked at May's in the kids department! It was a great experience with a great management team as well as amazing co workers! Never had a rough day at work always went very nice and smooth!
job
Cleaned sales floor (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYSeptember 26, 2014
just an overall boring seasonal job. lack of management and unsafe work place.
Coordinated all merchandise for Intimate Apparel department in Hawaii District.
District Coordinator (Former Employee), Honolulu, HISeptember 26, 2014
Managed vendors while educating employees over new merchandise and visual set up for product.

1 2 3 4 5

About Macy's

The nation's #1 department store chain has adopted the name of its most famous brand and cash cow: Macy's. Macy's, Inc. operates – Read more