Macy's
7,267 reviews

Macy's Employer Reviews

Cashier/Flex (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYNovember 24, 2014
Cons: the point system for the attendace.
Macy's was very welcoming over all. a good place to work with nice employees.
Always being happy to start my work day
On-call sales associate (Current Employee), Roseburg OregonNovember 24, 2014
Pros: incentives
Cons: not enough hours
I loved my co-workers we all get along great. The work envorionment is always fun, there is always a lot of incentive. The most enjoyable part of the job was honestly helping customers. Having conversations with them and making sure they leave the store feeling better than they did walking in. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the sales, – more... espically on slow days. The management is great, everyone is a true leader and pushes you to do your best without being to hard on you. I learned so many things not only of the product that I was working with but that customer service is really rewarding. – less
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calumet City, ILNovember 24, 2014
Pros: working in the mall
Cons: healthcare
I learned to balance a register and made employee of the month the first month I was hired.
ok
sales (Former Employee), caNovember 24, 2014
I have nothing to say about the company. they will promote who they want and when they want. Even if you work hard or not as i say talk is cheap but to them its what drives them.
Meh
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Williamsville, NYNovember 24, 2014
Pros: safe, access to shopping, on a bus route
Cons: lack of information, boring, management is overworked
Firstly, I only did holiday work. I'm not sure how the average employee experience differs

I had to figure out a out as I went along. The other cashiers and holiday workers were lovely people and I enjoyed their company, but I was only trained on the register, and everything else I had to learn from other cashiers, like where the bags and boxes were – more... kept, how to box gifts, how to contact management, how to remove security tags and so much else.

Sometimes the job was walking around and looking busy when business was slow, doing things like sorting the hangers so they face the same way on a rack or dusting the work stations or displays. It was dull, and sometimes fake, but you have to stay working. I once leaned against my work station for literally seconds before receiving a brief lecture, despite there being no customers in my section.

I didn't hate it, but it wasn't worth what they paid me, especially since I had to commute. It's hard to say great things about the place when most of the time I was just in a state of neutrality.

Oh, and watch out for the commission workers. They bite. Just roll over and show your belly until the manager shows up and tells them to let you open a register because there's like fifteen people in line. – less
Great Team
Business Manager -Cosmetics (Current Employee), Spokane, WANovember 24, 2014
Great Team but truly hard to balance family life due to never knowing what time you are going to work or coming home. Changing week to week and that does not change as you climb up the ladder.
Learn a lot enjoy working with my teammates and supervisor
Selling Specialist (Former Employee), Paramus, NJNovember 24, 2014
Pros: discount, you get the meet interested people
Cons: healthcare
interaction with customer was alway fun specially when you need to build up an outfit from them. My co workers were excellent we worked together to get all the thing done right and on time. The only hardest part was the sale days they were kind of very busy, but thing got done.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 24, 2014
Pros: one hour lunches and employee discounts
Cons: pay is not very good
The employees at Macy's are so kind, friendly, and fun to work with! I really enjoy going to this job! The work is quite easy and the customers are pretty nice too!

I typically pick up a 9 hour day which ends up being an 8 hour day since I take an hour for lunch. That is my favorite part!

The hardest part of this job is being on your feet the entire – more... time you're there. – less
Never enough coverage. Terrible management.
cashier (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CANovember 24, 2014
Pros: friendly employees.
Cons: no coverage. bad management. rude customers.
Expect to never get a break. No coverage to use the restroom. Management does not care about any concerns you may have. You end up doing far more work than is in your job description, working very hard for little pay. Complete lack of professionalism and communication with management. Rude customers.
Great Customer Service Skills
Team Lead Merchandiser (Former Employee), El Paso, TXNovember 23, 2014
A typical day at work would be getting the clothes from the stock room, replenish the floor. execute pogs, or planograms. Do a floor move.
Productive and fast-paced
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Newark, CANovember 23, 2014
A typical day at work would include assisting customers, putting away go-backs, cleaning work areas and the sales floor, and keeping fitting rooms clear. I learned how to work their P.O.S. system proficiently, and also how to build a clientele. Management was in close contact but not over bearing. My co-workers were outgoing and fun to be around. No – more... part was especially hard, but all were equally challenging and it was necessary to multitask. The most enjoyable part was knowing I helped a customer find something they love that can make them happy. – less
Grow your career!
Assistant Visual Manager- RTW (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 23, 2014
Pros: huge company with many possibilities
Cons: depening upon work load your work-life balance may be altered.
Great place to learn grow and expereince. You are sure to find new inspiration daily.
Productive work place and great pay
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 22, 2014
Pros: great pay and company overall
Cons: horrible hours
Learned a lot about the Calvin Klien company. Co workers were nice and the work was fun.
Fun environment, Great atmosphere, Open to changes.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Manhattan Beach, CANovember 22, 2014
Macy's was excellent in helping you learn about the job. They helped you when you had problems or if you needed to change the schedule. The management was very approachable, understanding and offered great solutions. Professional environment yet relaxed as well.
Good learning experience but poor leadership
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 22, 2014
Pros: learning opportunities
Cons: bad management
Value the learning I have had from the different experiences but managers lack understanding of how to connect and communicate respectfully with employees. Very little training and development
A very tough job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Stamford, CTNovember 22, 2014
I have never worked in retail so this was my first retail job. It was very tiring and rough on the feet. It was still a fun job but I'd never go back.
a good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILNovember 21, 2014
greeting customers and cashiering
how to please the customers and give them what they need
management were nice
co workers were fun to work with
the hardest part of the job was leaving the customers behind
the most enjoyable part was seeing the customers smiles
overall good work assignment
Salesperson (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 21, 2014
a typical work day was coming in setting up my assigned area aand assisting customers with their selections and or purchases. I learned how to interact with customers on a more personal level. the hardest part of the job was standing on my feet for all those hours. coworkers were ok. most enjoyable part of the job was the discounts
Macy's, where you can believe in Magic
Customer service priority and selling priority (Current Employee), Dededo, GUNovember 21, 2014
Pros: big discounts, great magic training, fashionable clothes, good teamwork
Cons: angry reviews, stolen merchandise, short coverages especially during the holidays
The enjoyable part of the job is when I assist a customer and added an additional discount, which always bring a smile to my customer's face, they always look for me every time we have our weekly sales. Knowing the fact that helping one customer with their purchases can make a differences to the store, they always feel the magic of Macy's when they – more... enter through our doors. They share with their experience with their families and friends and soon you know it, our floor is filled with customers which they are eager to shop for the holidays. I love seeing our old regular every week and it's a thrill once we have our biggest sales of the seasons. – less
Mens sales representatives (Former Employee), Augusta, GANovember 21, 2014
- improved sales
- customer service
-the work experience was great i enjoy working their

1 2 3 4 5