Macy's
8,078 reviews

Macy's Employer Reviews

Very high paced place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee), Champaign, ILFebruary 24, 2015
I loved working at Macy because you never knew who you were going to meet or check out. The co-workers and staff is fun and upbeat.
OK place to work
Retail Commission Sales Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 24, 2015
fun environment, pay isn't that great. Needs work on how to treat employees. training is very intricate though. Learned a lot.
Great coworkers and customer service.
shoe expeditor (Former Employee), sacramentoFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: wages
The best part of the job is my coworkers because we are like a big family. I enjoy working there most of the time. But retail is not something i want to do for the rest of my life.
Ok work place
Shipping Associate (Current Employee), Portland, TNFebruary 24, 2015
The work day is usually ok, with a few headache adjustments. It's a reasonable workplace that pays ok. I would say this job is recommended for a part timer.
Macys
Assistant to District Vice President (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: excellent people
Cons: too much down time
Was not busy enough for me. The district office was a mess when I first started and I organized, cleaned and made the office a better successful office.

Created new files for easy look up.
Created user friendly calendars for all
Stressful Holiday Job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Hicksville, NYFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: stressful shifts
All learning was done on a computer and not being taught by an actual person made things much harder and monotonous. Management was strict and often wanted unreasonable hours, or constantly moved associates throughout the store. (which is ok, but sometimes the manager you were assigned to didn't know where you were in the store because there was failed communication between all managers)

There were never enough registers open, so balancing between cleaning the department, stocking and maintaining a register was difficult.
Fast paced office.
Manager of Data Control Department (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 24, 2015
wrote and ran programs for all the department stores, and the management. Took part in creating a new data base for the company. We did not work face to face with management on a day to day basis, we mainly spoke by phone.
Terrible place to work
sales associate (Former Employee), Orem, UTFebruary 24, 2015
The management here treats their employees horribly. They say they care but they really don't. All it boils down to is numbers—they literally do not care about the wellness of the employees. They don't make it a "magical" place to work. They don't pay you enough to do all the things that are expected of you. This company is run by cheap skates and cheats. They cut positions because they don't want to pay their employees. The demote them.

I don't recommend working here—unless you really want to learn how to hate people.
About Macys
sales associate (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: very clean store
Cons: didn't have a lot of things that customers wanted and we had to tell customers
Its a fast paced environment you have to be a quick learner to work here. The employees that I've worked with were really nice and helpful and patient with me and customers. The things that I loved the must about working there is that some of the customers were really nice and it made me feel good to know that I could help them with what they needed. But also there were people that weren't really nice or patient that would be difficult but I tried my best to make sure I could service them to my best ability. If I couldn't I would call a manager and the mangers were really nice with me with assisting with a customer.
Mismanagement
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sherman Oaks, CAFebruary 24, 2015
The management team seems to know what their doing however they seem to fail to realize the world we live in. Constant pressure and unpleasant treatment of its employees and they fail to recognize hard work when it is done.
Productive and Fun Environment
Seasonal General Sales Associate (Former Employee), Arcadia, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: fellow employees, equal pay, breaks
Cons: finding shifts
Being seasonal I worked in what ever position I could find shifts in that week. This made for late shifts and early shifts back to back in order to get in hours.
Nice place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Columbus, GAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great discounts
Cons: unavailable work schedule
When working with great co workers your job is quite easy and very enjoyable. They offer great discounts for employees.
Great Place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Saint Peters, MOFebruary 24, 2015
Picked up as a job while I was in school and have enjoyed it since. Works well with school schedule. Great team to work for with great support.
Great PLace to Gain experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Harper Woods, MIFebruary 24, 2015
Good place to get customer service and retail experience. Only thing is needed is for management personnel to have a more patience for students. Employee discount is also a plus.
early experience of work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 24, 2015
emotional roller coaster bit of a great experience of the good and bad times a job can be. The fact of having the inner beast come out of you at hectic times can be a trill , not quite like the bad days of having items misplace and unsatisfying customers.
Productive and a fun workplace
Intimates Sales Associate (Former Employee), College Station, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: discounts on cloths and cosmetics
Cons: short breaks
I loved working for this company it was really fun most days. It can get a little crazy during holidays but that's any company. Co-workers were really sweet and welcoming.
Slightly Better Than Your Average Retailer
ASSET PROTECTION MANAGER (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILFebruary 23, 2015
"What you see is what you get." Macy's is a massive retailer, so it is exactly what you would expect. You work most nights, weekends and holidays. When I was hourly I made more than I would have made at similar companies; however, when I was salaried management, I made just as much as I would have at any other retailer. Upper-level management really was not bad at all. They seemed better than most other upper-level management teams that I have worked for. Again, like most other retailers, there is little job security. There were numerous positions while I was there, especially salaried management, that were cut because the company wanted to restructure. There was one woman who had been with the company 15+ years and was still doing the job well, and they let her go just like that because they were changing the position. It is unfortunate, but it is the current corporate mindset. Overall, they are the best retailer that I have worked for, but it is still a retail company in Corporate America so do not expect much.
No room for growth
Administrative Support Team Member (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 23, 2015
Hard to advance within the company. Work/life balance is terrible. Had more knowledge of the job than my supervisor. Was not pleased with culture of the office.
Good job to work at.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Garden City, NYFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: benefits, flexible schedule, good environment.
Cons: not so friendly co-workers.
Busy Environment. Friendly customers, management was friendly. Enjoyable part was getting noticed of your hard work and receiving good criticism. Hardest part was building a relationship with co-workers.
enjoy
ticketer (Former Employee), Paramus, NJFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great and fun place to work
Cons: n/a
it was a learning experience. the coworkers was nice and pleasant. learnt a lot about merchandise and the retail department

1 2 3 4 5

About Macy's

The nation's #1 department store chain has adopted the name of its most famous brand and cash cow: Macy's. Macy's, Inc. operates – Read more