Macy's
7,009 reviews

Macy's Employer Reviews

didnt like it
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 18, 2014
Pros: break and lunches are long
Cons: wasnt good on trying to make a living
you don't get good hours I don't know why people even want to work their in the first place my day was horrible and I really didn't like the fact that I had to pick my hours and try to get shifts cause if I didn't they would all be taken by the end of the day. that I didn't like at all it was a terrible work place and I could of done better
If only they paid better
Counter Manager / Sales (Current Employee), Chula Vista, CAOctober 18, 2014
Pros: amazing discount, perks from vendors for certain positions
Cons: low pay, expensive health benefits
I really enjoy working at Macy's but at times feel that the corporate structure of pay and benefits keeps us from advancing in life.

They offer opportunity to learn and advance, it is easy to find a supportive management staff that will mentor you and help you grow and move to the next level.

I love working here I just wish the pay was a livable wage.
Very flexible
Sales/Customer Associate (Current Employee), Lehigh Valley, PAOctober 18, 2014
Pros: schedule flexibility
Cons: wages
I really enjoy working for Macy's. It is a good company to work for. Managers and co-workers are nice and the best part is the flexibility you have with your schedule. You can pretty much make your week schedule using all the tools they have available.
The only downside is the pay, they pay minimum wage for most positions.
Vibrant and exciting company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 18, 2014
Energetic company to work for. Increased amount of training before working on the floor. Flexible work hours.
Favoritism rules
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Joliet, ILOctober 17, 2014
Pros: great incentives to meeting department goals
Cons: coworkers could oust fellow non-clique employees by intentionally not picking up shifts.
Some managers were fantastic but there definitely was favoritism in the flock.
Excellent place to work in the corporate office
Data Center Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 17, 2014
Pros: no comment
Cons: no comment
benifits are very poor., salaries are not very good either but most of the people are excdellent to work with .
Sales associate
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Plantation, FLOctober 16, 2014
Pros: good to have extra cash on you
Cons: they set unrealistic sales targets
Selling to customers and opening credit cards
The sales targets are usually very unrealistic and associates turn against each other just to make sales
fun work place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Flushing, NYOctober 16, 2014
Pros: good environment
Cons: short breaks
help all customers
worked on the cash register daily
great co-workers
Fun place to work and get first pick for purchase of the latest fashions in clothing and shoes
Sales Associate (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 16, 2014
Pros: get first chance to purchase sale items and newest fashions.
Cons: standing for long periods of time.
Greet patrons and help them with their selections and purchases, meet all types of people of different nationalities and culture backgrounds.
Productive, fun, dynamic work enviornment
Sales & Cause Campaign Manager (Current Employee), New York, NY Herald SquareOctober 16, 2014
Very team/results driven environment
Great sense of team building to ensure cohesive same message
Very dynamic fast paced environment
Creating, analyzing, teaching reports/reporting systems
Facilitating and creating course materials eventually to cascaded to total company
Delegating proper responsibilities to ensure optimal executive coverage/selling – more... floor presence
Hire, schedule, train, recruit entire teams which are passionate, driven, and willing to learn many sectors of business (including selling, support, and executive)
Ability to speak/present and influence cross-functionally including to VPs – less
working environment
Fine Jewelry Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great lunch room
Cons: not enough working hours
ok place to work, great co-workers and clean environment. need to be able to get more working hours though
Wonderful People!
Holiday Sales (Former Employee), N. AttleboroOctober 16, 2014
Pros: pick and choose your days and hours
Cons: parking at the top of the garage with no roof coming down the ramp when snowing
I was a seasonal employee so benefits and advancement did not apply.

Most enjoyable part was an opportunity to make my own schedule!!
Co-workers and management were all awesome!
Work place was fun and great envirnment
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Antioch, CAOctober 16, 2014
macy's was a great envirnment to work in the management was great and empolyees always give you advice to improve your skills.
Great team work, amazing co workers,
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Whitehall Township, PAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: paid breaks, lunch room, meet people from all parts of pennsylvania, employee discounts
Cons: standing for up to 8 hours
a typical day at work i would be cleaning out fitting rooms, greeting customers, answering wheres the restroom question, answering any types of questions.and ringing out the customers purchases.i would explain about our deals. ive learned a lot about Macy's in general like all there programs and great coupons
Beauty Advisor for Lancome Cosmetics
Beauty Advisor, Lancôme Cosmetics (Current Employee), Columbia, MDOctober 16, 2014
Pros: free makeup, great teamwork, great hours.
Cons: working the weekends.
Macy's is a great place to work. My co-workers are fun, knowledgeable, and are definitely a part of a team. My day starts with opening the register, attending the morning rally, and getting my counter ready for the day. Our team advises customers on skin care, makeup advice, and provides one-on-one consultations. We prepare merchandise for selling, – more... handle stock, organize our products, and interact with all customers. I love having a customer come in, asks questions, and together we find a beauty skin/makeup routine, and they leave feeling better about themselves when they first came in. – less
I enjoy working in fashion
Sales Associate, Calvin Klein Specialist-Full-time (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed fashion coordinating for customers
Cons: no advancement
Three years of Retail experience coordinating pieces for clients with less than 2% returns.
Fast Paced, Creative, American Icon
Director, Media Relations (Current Employee), New YorkOctober 15, 2014
Pros: american icon
Cons: american icon
My typical day at Macy's varies, as it is never the same. I have to opportunity to work with a diverse group of talented people across many platforms. I have been challenged and stretch beyond my imagination and Macy's has afforded me a unique career opportunity.
Flexible Fun Job
Clinique Certified Consultant (Former Employee), Huntington, WVOctober 15, 2014
Fun work environment. Team player atmosphere. Flexible schedule opportunity for part time and full time employees. Offer benefits for positions other than 40 hr. full time.
Great work environment
On Call Sales Associate (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 15, 2014
Coworkers are very helpful and the company really cares about their employees
Taugh me new things about retail
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Jefferson Valley, NYOctober 15, 2014
Pros: like working with people from customers to employees and helping them
Cons: demanding hours for weekends and holidays
Either you are an opener or a closer. Either way you open or close your register on a daily basis. You are assigned a dept but that can change any point during a shift.
You go from helping customers find merchandise to paying for the product they want. If we dont have we offer to find for them and have shipped.
Take payments for them help them if they – more... have questions with a bill by calling customer service and helping them understand the issue.
If they also want to apply for a card we can help them with that as well.
We also help restock merchandise and organize the store floor when we have down time. – less

1 2 3 4 5