Macy's
6,321 reviews

Macy's Employer Reviews

work load
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYJuly 21, 2014
Macy's is a great company to work for, the whole atmosphere was just wonderful.
Unpredictable and Innovating
Merchandise Team Manager (Current Employee), Garden City, NYJuly 21, 2014
My day at work can be very unpredictable, however, with that said I love what I do. A tremendous amount of planning and executing is required in my position, as I am responsible for merchandise placement, replenishment, and back of house execution. Even though I've been in retail for the past eight years, I learn something new everyday. That's what – more... keeps my job interesting and exciting. – less
a nice work enviroment
Business Manager Mens Fragrance (Former Employee), Dover, DEJuly 21, 2014
Pros: something always going on.
Cons: salary
Steady faced paced work environment, fun place to work. Management was very supportive.
my job at macy's
Sales clerk (Former Employee), Athens, GAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: lunch breaks
Cons: health care
helping customers finding items cleaning dressing rooms and hanging clothes up and on a cash register. always keep a smile on your face and your customers and manage my time better.management was good. good when they come to work wanting to work and not just standing around. my enjoyable part of my day is my customers that come in with a smile and leave – more... with a bigger smile. – less
Best atmosphere to work in.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), salt lake cityJuly 21, 2014
Pros: very well organized
Cons: alway cold in the break room
Everyday was some different but very still the same as any other day, we alway would met up and setup what we would be doing in our department that day. Everything was pretty much scheduled for what we nedded to get done that day and also at the same time help our customers with what they needed. This also helps us keep our stores goal up! The management – more... and co-workers were both alike and all very nice and very helping with every! They all were a great team through the holliday season. The hardest part would have been some of the crazy sales we would have, One was just rough but things turned out ok. My favorite thing I loved about this job was the regular customers that would be in almost everyday in our department! They were a joy to see and talk with. – less
professional with great customer service skills
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 21, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: less pay
What to expect in a work place at Macy's is a challenge waiting to be accomplished. I have great customer service skills and the environment at Macy's has increased my level of skills within a short period of time. I love team work; working with management that lend their hands to get dirty when it comes organizing a work place is a plus for me.
fun to sell items
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 21, 2014
Pros: i looked good in a suit
Cons: headaches after work from so much cologne in the air.
Generally i just sold colognes for Coco Chanel.I excelled more in communicating skills. Enjoyed being a sales associate.
A job, not a career
Sales Associate (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: commission positions
Cons: no chance for advacement
"Be Everywhere, Do Everything" is one of the mottos of Macy's, and they mean it literally. You'll start the day setting up sales, opening the registers, and cleaning up what the previous day didn't get done. Then you'll be working with customers, while selling them on the credit card, and cleaning up after them. You are also expected to contact other – more... customers via phone, do stockroom projects, and keep the tables tidy. Then when the store closes, you'll be shutting down the registers, cleaning the floor, and taking damaged goods to the dock.

The co-workers are a mix of seasoned veterans who work hard and are easy to deal with, and green kids who don't work. Management consists of telling you you're not meeting your goal, and telling you to smile more. – less
Great Place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 20, 2014
Really great atmosphere very fast pace and sale quotas. The schedules are not very great, but if you don't mind retail hours then this a great place to work.
This company is extremely customer focus
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mesa, Scottsdale ArizonaJuly 20, 2014
Pros: provides lunches during store events & big sale days, rewards with macy's money & gift cards for customer satisfaction and credit solicitation
Cons: pay wages and increases are poor for the amount of work and expectations of the job, not enough associate support during peek sales days
I enjoy the fast pace, high energy customer interaction. I thoroughly appreciate the fact that Macy's empowers each associate the authority to make ANY decision it takes to give the customers in-store experience a satisfying and trouble free transaction from beginning to end,
A good company to work for
Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee), Twin Falls, IDJuly 20, 2014
While every job has its ups and downs, Macys as a whole was a great company to work for. Supervisors would have your back if you were right and let you know if you were not. cant really ask for more than that. Pay was very competitive. Most of the management was very professional. Good training opportunities. If I would have been able to relocated to – more... a larger market the opportunities for advancement would have been great. – less
I would recommend Macy's as a great place to work
Commission Furniture Sales (Former Employee), Concord Mall, Wilmington DelawareJuly 20, 2014
Pros: ability to schedule your time and switch when needed.
Cons: working longer than mall hours.
Macy's allows freedom for life outside work while maintaining a very positive work environment. Macy's believes in servicing the customer and giving the employee empowerment to do so.
High Octane environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: possibilities seem end less to advance.
Cons: with all the possible advancement, managers move around a lot.
This is the first big retail business I have worked for. And at first it was a little bit intimidating. Weekend sales were over whelming and filled with customers. As the weekends past, I confided with seasoned vets of womens shoes and came out with a game plan. Now that I know what to expect, it's more of a challenge.
Fun coworkers, got along very well.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Garden City, NYJuly 19, 2014
Pros: working with customers.
Cons: long hours during holiday season.
I enjoy interacting with customers. I catch on quickly. I am willing to take others under my wing and show them the ropes.
this was a seasonal job, but i got a lot experience as a customer service
Seasonal Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJJuly 19, 2014
every day was a busy day, do to lot of holiday orders to satisfy customers request.
management was excellent
teamwork was a priority
I really enjoyed working at this temporary job.
good relationship with my co-workers
30% off Michael Kors bags
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 19, 2014
Pros: worked with michael kors
Cons: some of the co-workers were not so welcoming.
-It was by the entrance where I worked on the busiest portions of Macy's, the center core. It was always busy and kept me going. People from different states and countries visit and you helped them pick and choose according to their preferences.
-I learned to work at a really fast pace and always have a smile on.
-The management was friendly however – more... strict as well. They always kept a check on you and that kept you going. They were very helpful especially when I was new.
-Co-workers were nice, some however were a little more difficult to be acquaintance with. That was okay, since I was busy all the time.
-The hardest part of the job was probably remembering where the new merchandise was stored after inventory especially since you have to work so quickly and you are helping more than one person at once.
-The most enjoyable part was being able to meet people from different cultures and countries. – less
fast paced, very fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), milford CTJuly 19, 2014
Pros: be hands on with customers
Cons: manger was never around to assist
taught how to sell and product knowladge. was in charge of having a client based job of helping find the right fit for me
Typical Retail Job
Visual Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 19, 2014
A typical retail corporate setting. Some really great mentors and employees, while others were lacking in dedication to the work.
fun and respectful
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fairview Heights, ILJuly 19, 2014
Pros: give good breaks between work hours and flexible schedule
Cons: not many hours
I loved this job. Friendly co-workers. Working here, I learned how to step out of my comfort zone to reach my sales goal. My most enjoyable part of this job were my co-workers. I do miss the environment and vibe.
An alright place if you're looking for seasonal
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Peabody, MAJuly 19, 2014
It was a job, not much else to it. If you wanted the employee discount you needed to apply for a credit card. Hours were set and were like pulling teeth to change.

1 2 3 4 5

About Macy's

The nation's #1 department store chain has adopted the name of its most famous brand and cash cow: Macy's. Macy's, Inc. operates – Read more