Macy's
8,648 reviews

Macy's United States Employee Reviews

Good
Retail/Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLApril 27, 2015
is great company to work for. Managers are good team players, Tasks are ready for me, once it is time to clock in. There is always tasks to do, once your duties are completed.
Fun place to work.
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Mason,OHApril 26, 2015
Great place to work, even if it gets busy. Awesome colleagues. Culture is really good. Benefits not as good especially vacation days.
creative work space
sales associate (Former Employee), lexington, kyApril 26, 2015
Pros: recognition
Cons: management
the quality of work was great. friendly co workers.creative freedom was available. decent pay. the schedule was flexible making it convenient.
Very difficult work environment
Cosmetic Ringer (Former Employee), Westland, MIApril 26, 2015
very low pay, hard to get work hours, becomes very hectic at times, good for younger high school student trying to earn a few dollars but not someone trying to support a family
it is an ok place to work
Food sales associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 26, 2015
macys is an OK place to work.... some if the coworker are annoying.... I hate that they mess with our hours one week you'll have hours next week you'll have like 25 the hours.... you have different hours every week... I'm try to find me another job macys wont cut it.. ohhhh and most of my coworkers are messy as blank ....they like to start drama.... no life.....
A great place to work
Fine Jewelry Associate (Former Employee), Ledgewood, NJApril 26, 2015
Macy's in Ledgewood had the best management team. The hours were yours to make, associates were so friendly and helpful to each other as we were with the customers. Our customers were the best. Sure do miss this little store.
life and experience
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Manassas, VAApril 26, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: none
the management there treats you with respect and allows you to perform your duties without difficulties and when you need help they're in your corner
fun working atmosphere
Hotel Bedding Specialist (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAApril 26, 2015
Pros: full time
Cons: working holidays
great discount and benefits are included with this job. Flexiable work hours. Great team atmosphere and great management
Leader in his field
Sales Assistant, General Support (Former Employee), Hialeah, FLApril 25, 2015
Good training.
Very good enviroment, nice and friendly management.
Co-workers very cooperative.
Unfortunately, there is no stability.
Team oreinted
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Monterey CAApril 25, 2015
Great co-workers with a positive attitude, friendly and helpful management, and a good way to learn a lot of new positive selling techniques from the "Magic Training"
n/a
Support Staff (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 25, 2015
a typical day at work would be picking and packing all day for me. iv learned how to pack very fast. all my managers love my work. and the hardest part of the job would be nothing at all.
Dark place to work however enjoyed the people I worked with
Salesclerk (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 24, 2015
The work schedule is flexible only in the times you are given. The work schedule does not allow for a balanced work and life schedule. The relationships formed with co-workers were enjoyable and that's why you continued to come to work. It was a dark place to work and could use some light.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate In Fashin Jewelry (Former Employee), Topeka, KSApril 24, 2015
Pros: Loved the couch in the break room
Cons: none
I started working at Macy's on black friday. To me that was probably the best thing for me. Thats when I learned how to do everything that I needed to know about the department I worked in. I worked in fashion jewelry. At first I thought that department was going to be hard, but as I got trained it wasn't that bad. I also worked in Juniors and suit/swim wear. I rotated from department to department. Had to learn how to open and close the registers. I pretty much got along with everyone, I was shy at first, I usually wait til someone says something to me then I respond.
productive
stock (Former Employee), ctApril 24, 2015
it was a very nice place to work and very fun and exciting place to be to work and learn many things great people yo get to meet on a daily
A work place that was at times a slow paced and fast pace workplace when there where sales.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Paramus, NJApril 24, 2015
Pros: A pro of working at Macys is wearing a different attire other then work attire on holidays.
Cons: Hours were cut after holidays and there is not any room for advancement .
While working at Macy's i learned that it is important to communicate and have a pleasant attitude with the customers and workers. A pleasant attitude and communication with can allow others to shop at the store.
AMAZING ALL AROUND
Men's sales associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 24, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: stand on your feet all day
I love Macy's. They have such great management and great organization. They get you right in and tell you what you have to do when training is and what you got to do.
Majority of the coworkers are nice and polite but then you have the ones that act like they hate their job. The hardest part about the job is being on your feet all day but its so worth it.
love who I work with, not in love with the frontline atmosphere
Customer Service Associate/VRU Monitoring (Current Employee), Bridgeton, MOApril 23, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: low wages, stagnant growth
Not happy with the lack of growth in such an elementary environment, especially at this particular center. Love the people I work with, very confused by the management situation.
Worth it for the co-workers.
Price Change Lead (Current Employee), Olympia, WAApril 23, 2015
My co-workers is what makes this job worthwhile. Most comfortable people to be around and make the day go by faster. Management is hit-and-miss. While not bad or harsh, they often don't give enough training to new hires and can't answer some questions that they should be able to.
BIG COMPANY
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 23, 2015
My co-workers were from different parts of the world witch made every day at work interesting. The hardest part of my job was working with very older people.
Stepping stone for other positions
Mentor/Trainer/ Specialist (Former Employee), Troy, MIApril 23, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: no upward advancement
Merchandising constantly to improve customer service and sales. Learn something new everyday in regards to company and policies.

1 2 3 4 5

About Macy's

The nation's #1 department store chain has adopted the name of its most famous brand and cash cow: Macy's. Macy's, Inc. operates – Read more

Macy's Salaries