Macy's Employee Reviews in United States

Found 13,081 reviews matching the search
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 23, 2016
The most enjoyable part about this job was my co-workers and the customers. If you are people driven then this is the job for you.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Long hours of standing, work every weekend and holidays
Review
Efficient and hard worker (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXMay 23, 2016
I have learned how to talk with customers. I have made many new friends who have started out as co workers.

I love making my clients/ customers smile when I save them more money than they were expecting.
Pros
Making my clients smile
Cons
Not enought hours
Fun workplace, Good people
Fulfillment Lead (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 23, 2016
Great environment to work in, always on your feet, always busy, great people to work with, hard part would be getting through the holiday season, working early morning hours and late night hours.
Room for Advancement and Stagnant at the same time
Asset Protection Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington StateMay 23, 2016
Your willingness to move to larger, metro (more expensive) markets will help you advance. Macy's is in a middle ground right now, banking on the .com shopping experience, not sure what to do with small/medium sized stores that don't seem profitable enough in their minds. More store closures are in the future as they try and cut costs, yet those savings dont seem to find their way into the store experience.
Pros
Better than average wages for industry. Increasing sales positions and hours in stores.
Cons
Raises are small and insignificant each year, Low accountability for sales associates concerning attendance and behavior.
Excellent company
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAMay 23, 2016
Very good culture of work ethics, respect, and customer service. Important information revealed through morning meetings and sale goals expectation, rewarded.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
n/a
It's decent
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXMay 23, 2016
It's a decent place to work. You have coworkers who steal your sales and you end up with the short hand of the stick because you didn't make your sale goal . If you don't get a customer to open up a Macys account they harass you until you do. One week you'll have no hours and the next they'll throw them on there without telling you
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, not enough pay, schedules suck
okay
Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMay 22, 2016
I was just here for a brief moment but it the mangers and co workers are nice. I go in, get my job done then go home. Typical job.
good place to work not alot of oppertunity for advancement
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  New Hartford, NYMay 22, 2016
a typical day working at macys was busy, fast paced during the day shifts I wouldn't recommend to be scedueld nights especially if your considering to be a commissioned based worker since nights were frequently slow and empty (you wont make any commission during nights) if you enjoy interacting with people this would be the perfect job for you
Pros
parties, gifts, customer relationships, discounts
Cons
short breaks, pay
Friendly working environment.
Cashier and Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 22, 2016
Macys is a good place to start learning about customer service. You will have to interact with many real experiences require you to make smart choices.
Productive , fun , and friendly also caring
Sales Associate and Recovery (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLMay 22, 2016
Productive fun work place . The co workers was friendly and caring . I worked at Macy's part time during the Holiday season , and since then I've been trying to get back working there but this time full time
Pros
Friendly, and caring coworkers and managers
Cons
The employee break room very unclean including the refrigerators, and short breaks
Great place for learning customer service
Home Merchandise Lead (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYMay 22, 2016
My time with Macy's giving me the opportunity to provide "magic' in everything I do, whether it is assisting the customer's shopping needs, checking out or simple a warm welcome. My last few years with company I was apart of the merchandise team. I learned the small details of customer convenience, how the placement of product or a fixture can affect the customer experience. I learned how to work as a team player.
My direct supervisors have all been great, very knowledgeable and fair. They challenged me to be the better everyday. the hardest part of the the job wasn't the job itself but the time periods and the season. Winter holiday season and One day sales upped what we did in our day to day times 5. It got stressful at times and you had to make sure it didn't affect my dealings with customers. Making the customer happy and the friends made was the best part of work.Overall I enjoyed my experience at Macys
Pros
Great Coworkers, flexible schedules, understanding mangerment, learning
Cons
Sometimes the competitive environment drags down the magic.
fast paced workplace
picker and packer (Former Employee) –  secacusMay 21, 2016
fast paced work environment. its always work to be done. its busy work.gift box assembly and gift box wrapping. all about logistics and operations.
No work/life balance
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 21, 2016
They schedule you when they want. They don't train you properly and expect you to move with the flow. Good luck balancing your life/work. They have an AUTOMATIC policy that you work on SATURDAY AND SUNDAYS . Management doesn't help you out with scheduling and they want you to work in hours you don't like. You have to keep watching the schedule otherwise you get the LEFTOVER hours.
Pros
NONE
Cons
WORK/LIFE BALANCE, Employee discount ETC
If I tell you you wont believe me
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJMay 21, 2016
I applied for a seasonal position where I entered my available hours, they were specific to day hours because I'm a full-time college student taking classes at night. I had a phone interview where the interviewer verified the times I was available and I was offered the job. I went in for my first day of training, it was split into two days, I finished the first day easily. During the second day of training I was presented with a request to submit days and times I was able to work. I entered the same hours I had on the initial application. I couldn't proceed with the training with the hours and days I'd inputted. I explained this to the training proxy to which she informed me that I wasn't allowed to not work on certain days at certain hours. Let the record show that I wasn't requesting a weekend. The proxy prompted me to "Just say you can work and hopefully you won't get scheduled on the days or the times you can't be here." I obliged as I was confident I wouldn't be scheduled when I wasn't available. I tracked the website for my schedule for 3 weeks. I finally assumed I had lost the job and began searching for something else. 2 weeks after I'd given up I received a call asking where I was because I was supposed to have been there an hour earlier and that I'd also missed my shift the day before. I explained to the woman that I practically stalked the website for my schedule for those 3 weeks. Her response was, "Well you're on the schedule now." I ended the call with respectfully resigning from the position. I suppose for some the job works, but this was EXTREMELY unprofessional  more... and I would never EVER submit myself to such conduct for $9.00 nor $90.00 an hour.  less
Pros
Saying "I worked at Macy's"
Cons
Management, explaining that I worked at Macy's for two days
Productive workplace with an empathetic and supportive staff.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INMay 21, 2016
I've only worked at Macy's for a summer and it was great. They are very flexible with their schduling if you are part-time/flex. Some co-workers with experience in my field were generous enough to share their connections with me.
Pros
Long hours and self-scheduled lunch breaks.
Cons
healthcare, short breaks
Failing company about to go under
Cosmetics Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMay 21, 2016
This place is the saddest company in all of America. They care too much about coupons and deals so they can't afford to staff the store properly. Makes it a terrible experience for the employees and customers.
great place
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 20, 2016
checked inventory. made sure all orders were fulfilled correctly. Set out fedex and ups packages. akn afioofo rfeof erwf oerng nnoi wenk fe 34k o jp'0-e 9 3 vfin rlox ojrfslks
Love the working enviroment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 20, 2016
Love the working environment, great customer service all around. Great diversity of people, different stores, where you are garneted to make a purchase.
Productive workplace, friendly people, and nice atmosphere.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 19, 2016
A typical day at work involved interacting with people, associates and clients, on a day to day basis. Customer service responsibilities, being a cashier, placing and receiving orders, and opening credit card accounts. I learned how to be hands on in the retail filled and friendly yet effective people skills. My co-workers were not hard to get along with and they did their fair share of work. The most difficult part of the job was cleaning up fitting rooms after super sales but that was not too hard to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with so many diverse people each day.
great coworkers, lots of work, few rewards/opportunities
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYMay 19, 2016
Meeting the needs of customers and providing exceptional service is rewarding. Accomplishments are not recognized by management. Extreme favoritism in shown in advancement opportunities. Great working relationships, low morale.