Macy's
8,959 reviews

Macy's Employee Reviews

Can be a lot to handle sometimes but can defiantly be very exciting
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brandon, FLJune 1, 2015
Pros: Macys Money
Cons: Working Holidays
Great place to work keeps me busy and I love the people I work with as well as the friendly environment Macys is a one of a kind place
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New YorkJune 1, 2015
Pros: room for advancement, positive vibes, mentors
Cons: can get boring sometimes, commission environment
Can get very competitive with commission sales, employees could be rude, but not all, managers are great, always pushing you. hardest part is being able to get that extra dollar for your commission from customers, but the most enjoyable part is when you successfully add that extra dollar to your commission.
Review of Macy's
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hamburg, NYJune 1, 2015
Pros: long breaks
Cons: shifts can be as short as three hours
A typical day at work consists of being friendly to customers, promoting sales, helping customers find what they are looking for, and making sure they leave happy. I learned how to deal with a variety of human emotion and that good management is essential in tough situations.The hardest part of the job is keeping your head up after dealing with a tough customer. The most enjoyable part of the job is human interaction, and the feeling you get when you successfully help a customer and make them happy, as well as making that connection with them on a personal level.
Avoid Working Here
sales associate (Former Employee), Appleton, WIJune 1, 2015
I was employed here for the christmas season and it was rough. The only thing I liked about it was the opportunity to earn macy's money (which is like regular money you can use with your discount to purchase items) and that i could pick and choose my schedule online.

My first day i was assigned to work the lingerie department all by myself. i had no idea how to set anything up for the morning and after my manager was aware that i was all by myself, she didn't do anything about it. i had no idea what i was doing.

i worked black friday, from midnight to noon, and i was put in the shoes department, which runs on commission and i normally only work in lingerie or juniors. the normal shoes employees were not happy that i was there. they basically yelled at me to only put in their numbers into the register so i wouldn't get credit for any of the sales i made. the employees also called my friend and i dumb and dumber to our faces.

overall, i had a few good days there, but they are not professional. most of the employees are rude and only care about themselves. it's not a fun or a friendly environment to work in or for.
Macy's review
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 1, 2015
My usual day working part time consisted of short 3 or 4 hours shifts.This was helpful while still going to school. I learned a lot about retail and business as well interpersonal skills. Management was one of the reasons why I left. There was not enough communication between the associates and the manager. Holiday time, Thanksgiving and Christmas, were the worst. I did meet some great people while working at Macy's and I got experience in a new field of work.
Great Work Enviroment
Flexible Work Team (Former Employee), Yonkers,NYJune 1, 2015
A typical day was filled of hard work and effective time management. Great interpersonal skills is required to work effectively.
Fast enviroment
Sign Team Associate (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAJune 1, 2015
Working as a team and productivity is very important. There is a time frame that the work has to be completed due to fast changing sales, customer needs, and seasons. Overall, enjoy the fast moving work environment.
Each day is different
Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 1, 2015
Pros: Long Breaks
Cons: Hours Vary
There is always something going on at Macy's and that makes the job exciting. If you are an excellent worker managers will take notice and offer you chances to increase your pay/title.
fun, fast phased, productive
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Santa Barbara, CAJune 1, 2015
very educational, great team, great company to work for, very supportive corporate office staff, great and loyal customer base .would love to work for Skechers again .
good place to get experience
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Torrance, CAJune 1, 2015
Pros: Get an associate discount
Cons: They bug you a lot about Loyalty( opening credit)
Is a good company to work for to get sales experience. People, co-workers, and management were nice learned a lot from them.
A lot of room to grow.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAJune 1, 2015
Macy's is a great company to work for. Their management is nice and easy to work with, just like my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was having to learn about all the products Macy's has to offer. Also about the small details and rules for certain sales they have throughout the year. Over time you learn and there is always someone to help you if you have any questions. The most enjoyable part about this job was getting to learn something new everyday. There is always something to do and keep you busy.
a wonderful diversified work experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Arlington, TXMay 31, 2015
Pros: People, discount
Cons: short notice changes made, having to sell credit cards in difficult economic timmes
A nice place to work and a warm work environment. Retail is a finicky business, there a lot of changes that are always being made with that you are always learning. I loved meeting people, and the people I worked with were awesome some of which I'm still friends with. An overall nice experience.
Okay, I suppose.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Roseville, MNMay 31, 2015
Pros: Long breaks
Cons: Poorly ran, not enough money, not enough hours, not enough employees
Not ran as well as it could be, but the managers try, and that's all anyone can ask for. The shifts most of the time were pretty short, and from living a far distance, half the time it was hard making it to work 30 miles away, for three hours worth of payment at minimum wage.
outstanding work environment/ positive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 31, 2015
Pros: discount on store items
Cons: no insurance offered/ low pay
Handled transactions and sales
excellent customer service skills
management was flexible with employees
employees kept clear communication and professionalism
busy days/holidays
interaction/communication with customers
Good for part-time, not for career advancement.
Clarins Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Tigard, ORMay 31, 2015
Great place for part-time work and for someone who loves cosmetics. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with diverse public. The hardest part of the job is advancing in career.
Productive and fun place to work at.
Asset Protection Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 31, 2015
Pros: No uniform wear
Cons: Takes a while to advance
The shifts were good because the store closed when the mall closed so you were not working all night or over night. Management with in the department was good they were always willing to help and teach you.
Stockroom Associate (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 31, 2015
the store is not for everyone and the managers constantly talk about everyone behind their backs. trust no one in the store
learn something new everyday
Seasonal Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Tracy, CAMay 31, 2015
Pros: discounts
It was very hectic working during the holiday season but that's what kept the job interesting never a dull moment and always stayed busy
Fun and fast paced environment.
Beauty Advisor Lancome (Former Employee), Mcallen, txMay 31, 2015
Inventory was coming in all the time which kept me very busy.

I worked well alone and when I worked with my coworkers I worked great!

My job didn't come across as hard. I had great training prior.

The most enjoyable part of my job was when I interacted with different individuals from different places.
Macy's
Sales Manager (Current Employee), GeorgiaMay 31, 2015
Pros: associates, customers
Cons: Job Advancement for Sales Managers
I agree with the direction the company is taking. Put customers first and coaching associates on customer service and product knowledge. This is also the hardest part of the job because sales managers are not given the support to do so from senior management.

1 2 3 4 5

About Macy's

The nation's #1 department store chain has adopted the name of its most famous brand and cash cow: Macy's. Macy's, Inc. operates – Read more

Macy's Salaries