Macy's
9,525 reviews

Macy's Employee Reviews

macys life
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLAugust 1, 2015
Pros: 45 minute lunch break
Cons: constantly shopping
lots of customer interaction. Learned a lot about the retail industry and how they provide customers with the needs in their demography.
Meet lots of people and of course there is your macys discount.
Creative and fun place to work.
Visual Manager (Current Employee), Prairie Village KS, Independence MO, Lone Tree COAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Creative, physical, travel
Cons: healthcare, stress
In charge of the entire look of the department store. Lead a visual team but also oversaw merchandising team and selling team. I learned not to take things personally and that we're all in it for the same results. The hardest part of the job is inconsistencies with upper management and keeping everyone happy. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching customers respond to my setups.
under staffed and over worked
Seasonal General Sales Associate (Former Employee), Arcadia, CAAugust 1, 2015
Pros: it's a job
Cons: pay, workplace, staffing, hours
Walmart is one of the richest families in America yet their employees only make $8 an hour. There are never enough people on shift and the customers treat you like you are beneath them.
Energetic and dynamic work environment
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Recognition based on merits and results
Cons: Schedules do not balance personal life, compensation does not balance the amount of responsibilities
Not about the numbers, is about people. You drive your own development, recognition and advancement opportunities from within the company based on your results: both quantitative and qualitative. You are successful if you embrace their initiatives and drive your business with passion and commitment, engage with your direct reports and lead by example using all the coaching tools available to you. Likewise, engage with your store and district team, and your customers!!!.
fun amazing great people
Mens Diesel Jeans sales specialist (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYJuly 31, 2015
Amazing work place great people great management never had a better job in my young working life. The best part of the job are the customers who travel from around the world and are dying to shop at macys.
Macys
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ventura, CAJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Free snacks on Sale Days
Cons: Salary base is tough.
Wonderful place to work if your just starting to make career choices, the system is set up for working students and people who want to work part time.
The Management team is very supportive and willing to work with you on any job goal or career choice.
The hardest part of the job is customer service and trying to communicate with a variety of ethnic groups.
I enjoy selling to people and want them to have a great shopping experience.
I loved the people and co-workers and the fast paced life.
Assistant Sales Manager - Lead (Former Employee), Madison, INJuly 31, 2015
Pros: fun, motivating
Cons: few weekends off
It was running and doing and nonstop but I am a very active person so I enjoyed it so much. I was part of the management team and the meetings were fun and each day was a new fun challenge.
Macy's Fragrance Specialist
Counter Manager for Estee Lauder (Former Employee), NYJuly 31, 2015
I developed crucial brand knowledge while delivering high customer sales. I learned to approach fragrance sales, as with all retail sales, tailored to the individual customer desires. By this I mean, there is no one product that every customer will like, as a sales professional I am acute to the customer at hand. I am a natural people-person who has a professional attitude with strong work place ethics. Due to these qualities, I added positivity to the workplace environment and interactions with co-workers,
macys
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Walnut Creek, CAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: tram work
Cons: short breaks
Everyone has a personable approach to helping the customers. Customer satisfaction is the key to Macys success. Management encourages all the employees to empowerment in order to be successful.
N/A
Cashier position at Macys (Former Employee), Miami,FLJuly 30, 2015
It was a very interesting experience because it was My first time working at such a big place and not only that a clothing store So I learned different things. I dealt with difference responsibilities and situations.
Grea place, terrible hours
recievers (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIJuly 30, 2015
Pros: great team
Cons: not enough hours
I worked as a reciever, and it was good cause i had school at night and only had to be to work early in the morning. I just unloaded the trucks, process merhcnadise, and did a little shipping. Very rarely i had to work on the floors. plenty of room for advancement. In fact you just had to ask to be put somewhere else. But the job i had was back breaking i admit. it takes 24 hours to process a truck, but they want you to do it in 6 hours or less. which is why alot of our hours got cut. and some of us weren't getting paid for like 3 weeks. but again the management was really nice, the coworkers were friendly. like evryone is willing to help each other in some way. it really boosted my self esteem working there.
productive workplace. All about Customer Service
Sales Specialist Associate/ Visual Associate (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 30, 2015
Days at work were good, lots to do. Mostly good customers.
I learned how to handle many different person to person situations, I can fold like a pro, and multitask well.
Management depends on the manager.
Coworkers varied, high turnover rate. Then again some people stay 20+ years.
I enjoyed making people feel good, and seeing the smiles on their faces as they left my register. Also, making my sales goal was both rewarding and harsh.
Productive and enthusiastic work environment
Sales Support Specialist (Current Employee), Paramus, NJJuly 30, 2015
Working at Macy's was a great opportunity to fine tune specific skills like leadership and team building. I was fortunate enough to work along side the executive branch and learn about the behind the scenes action that goes into preparing a store for sales, events, or even the average work day.
Handbags and Jewelry
Sales Associate (Former Employee), North Olmsted, OHJuly 30, 2015
Best departments to work in honestly, the customers are always friendly and there is always a deal you can snag. Working with my co-workers was a blast, you meet so many new people each and everyday , its really an overall joy to be there in the work place
Great co-workers
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 30, 2015
I learned the ins and outs of the cosmetic industry. I loved the discounts and working with some great individuals. Great environment.
Nice to work but no work life balance
Merchandise Execution Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 30, 2015
Cons: Healthcare
A typical day here is always productive as we deal within an aggressive timeline with projects. This is actually the most enjoyable part of the job for me as I like the rush and thrill of working to complete an assignment!

The hardest part of the job however is working without enough information to execute effective and efficiently.
Decent place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 30, 2015
Pretty flexible scheduling, you pick up most of your own shifts, however sometimes very few are available to pick up. Hours vary a lot - some weeks you'll get 30 and some weeks you'll get 7 as part time.
Housekeeping (Former Employee), White Plains,NYJuly 30, 2015
Working and leading other in a team of work and partnership.Getting the store clean and operation.The most enjoyable part of the job is to maintain the store cleanliness
Good place if you like to stay busy, but be prepared to be treated like a number instead of a person.
Impulse Specialist (Former Employee), Eugene, ORJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Always busy
Cons: Treated like a number
Days at work were good, lots to do. Mostly good customers.
Management depends on the manager.
Coworkers varied, high turnover rate. Then again some people stay 20+ years.
macys store its a big company
Customer Associate (Former Employee), christiana mall delawareJuly 29, 2015
macys offer different kind of product like , women, men, kids clothing women shoes, men shoes jewellerymakeup,women hand bags,

1 2 3 4 5

About Macy's

Macy's, Inc., with corporate offices in Cincinnati and New York, is one of the US's premier retailers, with fiscal 2014 sales – Read more

Macy's Salaries