Macy's
9,261 reviews

Macy's Employee Reviews

Great Place To Work
Detective (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Staff made you feel like family
Cons: Recognition
Conduct surveillance to detect, deter and apprehend shoplifters
Conduct routine inspections of the facility to maintain physical security and protection of the store’s assets
Responsible for the physical protection and safety standards for the store’s merchandise
Detect and resolve matters in the area of inventory shortage, cash handling and theft and safety
Monitor closed circuit television systems for detection of suspicious behavior
Enforce company standards for security and safety procedures
Ensure physical security by controlling access of associates and visitors
Opportunity to further career if you are a positive butt kisser
Credit & Customer Service (Current Employee), Mason, OHJune 30, 2015
Pros: a paycheck
Cons: have to tolerate fake sad little people
Everyone can talk and socialize if your the managers pet or family. You can expect to work hard complete your work and assist co workers and step up to have your reputation destroyed if your manager dose not like you or if your peers gossiped & have the managers ear. Low wages, terrible insurance, co workers appear nice but will stab you in the back first chance they get no punishment but don't get mad and show any personality or emotion you will be coached on proper acceptance of feedback which is subjective at best. The hardest part is trying hard to fit in and co workers treat you like you have the plague. Honestly, most enjoyable part of job is clocking out and returning to real life. Don't let anyone feel intimidated or lacking of skills because they will gang up and run you off. It does not matter if you have marketable skills they will twist and turn things until you feel like you have gone crazy. the whole time will laugh behind your back and expect you to tolerate the harassment and denied interviews to sign off to friends that clearly do not possess the skills.
A different working experience which is not my line.
Packer (Former Employee), Cheshire, CTJune 30, 2015
I love working in this company but I could not go on standing on my feet for 12 hours a day. Packing is an easy job but when when you have to pack big items, this is where the difficulty comes and sometimes there is risk in lifting.
the people are great
sales (Current Employee), Harper Woods, MIJune 30, 2015
the people make it a great place to work they go out of there way to make the customer day. you can learn a lot about the different products that they sale.
decent simple work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), woodbridge njJune 30, 2015
Pros: very reasonable breaks, good hours
Cons: hard to move up
A typical day at work with Macy's is based on just providing what the customer needs. Mostly walking around the floor making sure every customer is acknowledged and welcomed. Also working the register making sure customers don't have to spend any extra time in long lines. Finally focusing on keeping the store up to par making it easy for customers to find what they need. While working at Macy's i learned a lot more communication skills. I never had any problems with my co-workers everyone was very easy to get along with. I really cant say they were any hard parts because everything was very manageable. The part i enjoyed the most though was being able to please my customers and accomplish store goals.
Macy's is a good place to work
Customer Service Sales Associate Part Time (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJune 30, 2015
Pros: Discounts on clothing and sales
Cons: Having to constantly push people to apply for a credit card, plus with lack of security having to watch constantly for shop lifters.
I enjoy working at Macy's, I get to meet a lot of different people from all over.
It has taught me a lot and got me back in touch with the Retail side of life again
Productive enviroment
sales associate (Current Employee), doralJune 30, 2015
Pros: Free breakfast sometimes
Cons: standing all shift
Busy work days and lots of foreign customers. Having to stand all work hours is tuff. Managers get upset for sitting 5 minutes.
Productive and laid back workplace
Vendor (Former Employee), Elmhurst, NYJune 30, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of selling the product to your customer while remaining consistent in customer appreciation. I was able to improve my skills in multitasking. Management was always focused and goal oriented, along with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was assisting other employees when working with customers, but the most enjoyable part was being able to get the customer anything that they need efficiently.
Great Company to work for.
GROUP SALES MANAGER (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Stock Programs Benefits
Cons: Breaks and Lunch or dinner are frowned upon
Macy's Executive Training Program has been compared to Elite Business Schools in the hands on learning that you are taught.

A typical day at work is a minimum of 10-12 hours if you are in management. There is always some type of sale or in-store event taking place.

The hardest part of the job is the balance of work and life.
The most enjoyable part of the job is after a long day reflecting upon how much you accopmlished and how many people you made happy.
Fun workplace
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 30, 2015
Fun workplace with supportive coworkers and managers. Loved interacting with customers and being able to assist them with their shopping needs.
dsfa
Support Associate (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 29, 2015
Macy's is a good company to work for. Especially for individuals looking for a flexable schedule. The three areas to work are; Sales, Support, and executive Office. Each division has it own benefits and issues.
Always great attitude and positivism
Visual merchandiser (Current Employee), san franciscoJune 29, 2015
I took ownership of every area i ever worked in, I'm thankful for every opportunity i was given, I'm a firm believer that coming in to work everyday with the best attitude makes your day go by a lot smoother,
I'm always focuse on results, productivity and priorities, I have over 3 years of management experience.
Fun, competitive, customer focused, production driven
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 29, 2015
Pros: Sales incentives and growth potential
Cons: Not enought downtime for administrative work
Communication and production driven sales interfacing with numerous departments. Team work with leadership to increase profit and boost morale. Daily team support of clients.
Flexible Hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLJune 29, 2015
Great place to work, the only thing that's not enjoyable is the competitiveness during off-season if you work off commision. People can get pretty hostile!
It was a good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 29, 2015
Had never worked retail before but the experience overall was good, co-workers were very friendly, training was great, managers very engaged with employees.
An ok place to work
Sales Associate, Part Time (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJJune 29, 2015
An ok place to work An ok place to work An ok place to work An ok place to work An ok place to work An ok place to work An ok place to work An ok place to work
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assisocate (Former Employee), Washington , DCJune 29, 2015
Pros: Interacting with co-workers and new customers
Cons: standing for long periods at a time, and short breaks.
A typical day at Macy's was nice and easy. I learned how department store run their business , for example their holiday pre sales and how their Macy's credit card works. During holiday pre sales it's very business from the holiday rush and recovery. You have to have a lot of patience's and be willing to stand for a long pre of hours while satisfying the customer's as well. I met a lot of humble people while working at Macy's. My co-workers made me feel welcome and that help me learn new things about the department. The hardest part about working at Macy's was Recovery. Recovery is when you place items in different departments and making sure that you don't get lost in the stock room while doing recovery. The most enjoyable day about working at Macy's was getting to know my co-workers better.
wonderful place to work, but not so good behind the scenes
Visual Security Officer (Former Employee), Roseville, CAJune 29, 2015
management was horrible, but employees were amazing people. I loved what I did, but getting in reprimanded for something that was not my fault killed my soul. I love helping people and I loved helping the store safe, but the store cannot be fully save when the people you work with behind the scenes don't care
Goal oriented - meet a variety of people. stressful
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Wellington, FLJune 29, 2015
Working at Macys is very demanding and stressful. Daily goals are set and high expectations by management. Co-workers are immature which adds to the stress. Hardest part of the job is working with associates who does not have good work ethics.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and building relationship with customers. There are some interesting people and I value their insights and knowledge.
Not productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Paramus, NJJune 29, 2015
I hated working there because of the people. They weren't friendly. They don' t know how to treat there employees. They made me feel so uncomortable.

1 2 3 4 5

About Macy's

The nation's #1 department store chain has adopted the name of its most famous brand and cash cow: Macy's. Macy's, Inc. operates – Read more

Macy's Salaries