Macy's
6,371 reviews

Macy's Employer Reviews

Great Place to start a career
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 28, 2014
Training program is best in the industry to start a career. Availability to move to different functions if you identify early enough. Could start here and build a career.
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJuly 28, 2014
Very busy, fun place to work. Co-workers and management are friendly.
one of the best place to work
Ralph Lauren fragrance specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 28, 2014
Pros: gratis and keeping up with the trends
A typical day at work was to sell fragrances pass blotter cards to introduce new scents to the customers
I learn to work well under pressure learn to multitasks since it was a very high volume store
there really was nothing hard about this job I would have still be there if I have not relocating states
stressfull
Flex worker (Current Employee), FlJuly 28, 2014
Pros: very flexible
Cons: poor service
A work day at Macy's can be very stressful when there is little unexperience staff
Productive financial and social environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLJuly 28, 2014
Pros: reaching my goals
Cons: getting good benefits from the
Cleaning my work area. Working with good co-workers as a team member. . Making sure the customer get good customer service.
Enjoyed helping customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJJuly 28, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: had to stand the whole shift.
I was trained to fit women for the correct size bras. Also handled cash at opening and closing. Enjoyed meeting all of the different customers. Liked those I worked with and still keep in touch with them.
Assistant Department Manager
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 28, 2014
-delegated work assignments
-created break and lunch schedules for associates in the department
-determined and organized which merchandise would be displayed or removed for gross maximum sale.
-managed the entire third floor during nights and weekends.
-handled all customer service issues
-maintained a professional relationship with new and existing – more... clients. – less
Ringer/Cashier
Assisting customer's (Former Employee), Lithonia, GAJuly 28, 2014
-Provided excellent customer service to customers.
-Assisted customers with finding retail.
-Organized retail and displays.
-Ringing up items for customers.
Very Productive Workplace
Recieving Associate (Former Employee), Roseville, MNJuly 27, 2014
A typical day at work for me was clocking in and walking to the back where the truck was. Then my team members and I would figure out who will be doing what as far as unloading the truck, sorting the packages, or who will be sitting the items on the floor. Once we establish that we get to working until the truck was empty.
Customer Oriented
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 27, 2014
Enjoyed customer atmosphere. Team work is very important. The most enjoyable part of my job when customer satisfied with my performance.
Not Terrible, not Excellent
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Silverdale, WAJuly 27, 2014
Pros: good discount, friendly staff
Cons: short breaks, lower hours than told
While working at macy's it was very difficult to get hours in. On the second to last night working before christmas, they had a survey I had to take in order to continue working at macy's, I had a customer the whole time and was not able to make the survey, plus when I was at home the survey was not compatible with the software on my ipad. I wasn't – more... rehired.
A typical day at work was clocking on, making the work floor presentable and assisting shoppers with their questions. My management team was not bad, I always had someone come to my rescue if I was lost or confused. The hardest part of my job was having too low of hours. The most enjoyable part of my job was hearing and seeing the customers gratification towards me from the help that I had provided. – less
okay
Packer (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZJuly 26, 2014
work was simple and shifts were long but management seemed always to busy to assist with questions at times.
co workers were amazing.. on a manager level the place was unprofessional
Fragrance Lead (Former Employee), Rotterdam, NYJuly 26, 2014
Pros: spiffs and gratis
Cons: everything else
i loved my co workers but the management and hr were incredibly unprofessional. Never helped us out with issues basically told us to deal with it ourselves. And never ever promoted or recognized the people who wee ding a great job.
This was my first retail sales position, and between my supervisor to the assistant manager at the Macy's store in Tigard, OR it was a great experienc
Global Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Tigard, ORJuly 26, 2014
Pros: i learned so much by selling macy's product from the first floor to the second floor, it was exciting.
Cons: they decided in july to elimenate the global sales specialist, the existing sales persons were very resentful of all of us.
I was assigned a new department at Macy's to walk the area, and see it I could find customers who needed assistance, or ring up as a cashier. Do go backs, greet any customers in the area, help them shop for special occiations.
loved this job
Holiday Sales Manager/ Team Lead/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Grandville, MIJuly 26, 2014
Loved this job, but does not pay enough and there is no room for advancement
Decent job
Chef at Macy's Lakeshore Grille (Former Employee), Novi MIJuly 25, 2014
Asked to work alot of overtime, but the pay was fair for the work performed.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLJuly 25, 2014
A typical work day would depend on everyone's attitudes when they arrived to work. It could be a really good, fun day or it could be dreadful and drawn out. Meeting new people was my favorite part of working here. The hardest part abut working here was doing the job alone.
Not a bad job, but not a good career
Sales Associate Mens Dept (Former Employee), Ocala, FLJuly 24, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: no benefits(part time nor seasonal), weird hours, flimsy non competitive pay.
I came on as a seasonal employee towards the holiday season of 2013 while using my GI Bill to go back to school. Focus here was that school was my priority, not some minimum wage part time job. However, being a former soldier, I put my all into the job until my class schedule switched up right as hours were dying down in Feb/Mar timeframe. What happened – more... next was ridiculous, with my department manager calling me in for shifts, 6-10 hour shifts, with less than an hour notice of me needing to be there. Multiple times, I was called in the middle of class. Now, I cant speak for Macy's INC as a whole, but this experience left a noticeably bad taste in my mouth with regards to my location.
With that in mind, if you are looking for some spare pocket money, or a little boost in bills while adding some respectable items to your wardrobe with the employee discount? This is THE job for you. For someone like me, who needs a career that pays a realistic wage with stability and benefits? Not so much. – less
Best job ever!
Retail Salesperson (Former Employee), White Plains, NYJuly 24, 2014
Working in New York was the best learning experience for a job in retail. Interacting with guests from all over the world.....
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJJuly 24, 2014
Pros: sales experience
Cons: n/a
assisted customers at the register, assisted with inventory and closing the store at night. management was a team player and made sure the workers was ok. i enjoyed working with my co-workers

1 2 3 4 5