Macy's Employee Reviews

Found 14,015 reviews matching the search
No two days alike!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLSeptember 25, 2016
Fast paced with new opportunities daily, Growth opportunities available for those interested in retail career .

Daily expectations included but not limited to fulfilling on lin orders, maintaining department stock & inventory, working with customers,etc

The highlights of my job was selling and working with clients.
Great work place with kind people
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLSeptember 25, 2016
Macy's was a great place to work. I learned how to improve my sales technique and how to better manage my time. My coworkers were all kind and helpful. I was able to learn a lot at Macy's and have a great time doing it because of the wonderful team that surrounded me.
productive and fun co-workers
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNSeptember 24, 2016
The co-workers are mostly great but the training is not the best and usually not enough for beginners. I enjoyed working there for the first year but I don't think I'd recommend it to others do to the way customers are allowed to treat employees. The pay is not worth the extra work we're forced to do. The discounts are incredible though, probably one of the only real good things I would have to say. I did like doing fulfillment the most (online orders) and loved working with my co-workers. We didn't have enough management but the ones we did worked pretty hard and seem to try their best.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short staffed, poorly treated from customers and mangers do nothing about it
What i've learn during my time at Macy's INC.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 24, 2016
Working at Macy's was like a dream for me since i graduated High School but working there was bit challenging because it is not as easy has i thought it was going to be but i have learn how to talk to customer even when they're being rude and impossible to handle at times.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
management
Get out quickly don't make it a career
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 24, 2016
It's a great place to work if you just need a job. If not the customer are rude and the management and everyone in charge put in before you your needs are not important it's always about the customer customer customer sale sale sale and every time you turn around I want you to open Macys cards with these customers you may not believe in open in the Macy's card but some people have been fired for not making their goal opening Macy's cards another thing about working at Macy's is they call you on your days off but when you meet them to give you a break or ask for a grievance date they can't help you
Pros
Get paid weekly
Cons
Management, customers
Good place to connect with people
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INSeptember 23, 2016
Learn a lot from people

Gain skills how to solove problems

Great customer service experence

Meet different people from
Pros
EXTRA DISCOUNT
Cons
HEALTHCARE
interesting customers, fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WASeptember 23, 2016
Great place to work, management very understanding. Co-workers are usually in a great mood and very helpful if needed. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the odd customer, the ones who come in with the bad attitude, hopefully you can serve them and make them happy.
Fun Work Environment
Macy's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILSeptember 23, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company located in Fairview Heights, IL. The majority management and office workers could have been much better. If you are working as the cashier never leave your register open for if seen by a manager you will be written up as theft even if the store isn't open and you are told to open your register so the HR can come to your station and put in your daily register amount, just open it when they come to your station. But it's much better now since they fired all their mnangement and did a full hire.
Pros
Environment and Commission
Cons
pay, policies and management
In general I had a positive exeperience!
Makeup artist/ Saleswoman (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 23, 2016
Macy's is a very warm, personal space where humans can truly express themselves while working. The training was difficult to adapt to, but other than that; the staff and managers are extremely flexible, understanding and welcoming to both co-workers and customers alike.
Horrible work place , no hours
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mayfair RoadSeptember 23, 2016
Poor hours , the managers were careless and rude. I enjoyed coming to work helping customers. If I could I wouldnt work there again. Maybe a different location
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Pay, hours and management
Always new things to learn!
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 23, 2016
Love working for Macys - never bored and people are amazing. Lots of flexibility with your schedule. You can pretty much work around your personal schedule.
Great enviorment and Loved going to work
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 23, 2016
consistently assisting customers. required to open up credit cards. always something new to do everyday and there was always some type of friendly contest goin on daily to increase sales that motivated people.
Pros
Discounts and overtime
Cons
na
fun place
Cashier/Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 23, 2016
As a small store , you get to know your fellow workers pretty well and the resulting friendships made it a fun place to work at
Great Employer
Cosmetic Products Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOSeptember 23, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company both times I worked for them. They worked with the hours that I needed to work. They secured my job for me when I had my baby
takeing things easy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 23, 2016
a day at work was very smooth.my customers are nice.in the building there is peace.at work I feel safe.my job was never confused.in my job their was guidance.

learning brought me prosperity.my job kept me in a safe place.my place of prosperity never made me look behind.my job made me feel in high walls.

in management I felt on ice skate.my manager gave me lots of room to be strong.
Pros
eating good
Cons
higher pay
Worst Company Imaginable
Manager (Former Employee) –  MissouriSeptember 22, 2016
Terrible company who does not care about it's employees. Discriminatory practices. Allowed hostile work environment and played favorites. Very unclean. Don't expect to get any help from management; it's a disaster! They expect you to work overtime hours for free. Very unfair environment!
love working for them
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 22, 2016
I loved working for MACY's. I would love to start back working for them. the hours and they pay is good. I liked working as a family and just working with the customers and all.
team work
sales representative (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 22, 2016
the company has a good team work and hard workers. it is famous company i worked as associate sales and cashier i helped customers
Retail is wonderful if you are single or want a second/part-time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILSeptember 22, 2016
It is a basic retail job. Used to be fun selling merchandise, but with all of the added static like selling credit, promotions, etc... it became less fun and more stress.
Cool Relaxing job
Assistant Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GASeptember 22, 2016
A great place to work with all different kinds of people. Its a relaxing sales job, if you are comfortable talking to people then its perfect for that outgoing person.