Macy's
8,384 reviews

Macy's Employer Reviews

Great company
Administrative Support Team (Former Employee), Kennewick, WAMarch 27, 2015
Overall a great company. Have fun working for Macy's and everyone in the company was great and incredibly helpful. Work life was stressful but the management team was always there to help.
Excellent program.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Excellent organization of the program.
Cons: None.
A typical day at work included folding clothes and reorganizing them on shelves and hangers. Occasional transaction processing.

Learned how to process transactions in a Macy's brand retail store.

Management was generous and very efficient in carrying out staffing needs such a special scheduling needs.

Co-workers were very skilled and helpful.

Most difficulty part of the job was processing returns.

Working with staff was the most enjoyable aspect of the job.
Great Fun Great People
Executive Sales Manager (Current Employee), Lihue, HIMarch 26, 2015
Great place to work, Fun energetic. Great opportunity for advancement. Macy's a very passionate company very focused on the associates, as well as it's customers.
Generous Employee Discount Poor compensation
Sales Associate (Current Employee), HicksvilleMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Hourly rate
The people I have met here are nice and friendly but quickly move on to other opportunities or keep Macy's simply for the discount and work other jobs for income.The sales associates in the Hicksville store are paid minimum wage and don't get to hone any sales or leadership skills because they are always cleaning up a dirty and unorganized store.
A fun Place to work
Sales Clerk (temp) (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Having steady work with benefits as a temp.
Cons: It was a temporary job. I could not reapply for a permenant position.
I would come to work and I would interact with customers. I would see My Manager every day. I would also need to ring sales. I had to make sure that the workspace was tidy and clean. I enjoyed working with my coworkers. The hardest part of my job was speed. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting people.
Great place to work just entering retail
Sales Associate/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 26, 2015
Pros: schedule
Cons: Management, pay raises, opportunity to move up
I started working at Macy's my senior year in high school, very fun place to work and I had no problems with my schedule working around school. The only problem I would say is the opportunity to move up as well as pay raises was the only con I would say. Management would also be another con of the company.
its an ok job
Support Associate (Current Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLMarch 26, 2015
hour are not so great and the pay not great either but other than that its an ok enviorment and some managers work with you. you learn a lot and great coworkers nice part time job.
Little to say
Seasonal Merchandise Stocker (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 26, 2015
Very little to say. I worked there for a few months as I waited to join the Navy. It was a nice place to work, and it was seasonal work.
A great learning experience
Cosmetic Flex (Former Employee), Monaca, PAMarch 26, 2015
Macys was a very enjoyful place to work. The department that I was in everyone made me feel like it was like working with family and was very helpful to me. I learned alot about there products and was coached very well on how to promote the companies products
Love the job itself
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Everett, WashingtonMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Great during the holiday
Cons: Sometimes working in different departments learning all the product
I learned what it is like to work in a department store, and the way they educate you so much so you are able to do your best on the floor.
Great seasonal job
Merchandiser / Signer (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIMarch 26, 2015
I loved everything about this job. Price clothing before it when on sale an got to get the best selection before the store closed. The pay wasn't that great but it was OK if your into part time working, this will be great for you.
Very Busy
Active Staff (Former Employee), Martinsburg, WVMarch 26, 2015
Pros: the pay
Cons: No benefits, short lunches
Often a supervisor from a different area would interfere, causing problems with other supervisors. If one supervisor wasn't familiar with how a certain area worked, production would be slowed down.
Amazing Place to Work!
Marketing Strategy Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 26, 2015
So much innovation in this company. The best place I have every worked! So much opportunity for you to seize and get noticed. So much work to get done but you are rewarded so everything is worth it.
Fun
Retail Salesperson (Former Employee), North Wales, PAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Fun Friendly Staff
Cons: Not enough Hours
I had to organize and fold clothes neatly on counter tops, count my drawer when I open or close for the day I met interesting people I had fun when I was working there even management was friendly I would recommend anyone to work at this macys
overall an amazing journey
Acting Counter Manager/Counter Manager (Former Employee), Hayward, CAMarch 26, 2015
Every day was something different and new to learn from. Meeting new customers and connecting with returning customers. I grew as an individual while working with Macy's. I truly enjoyed working for this company because i loved being around people and interacting with them. My co-workers were like a second family to me. Management had its ups and downs here and there. The hardest part was leaving.
Productive and comfortable place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAMarch 26, 2015
Macys does not require experience so, it is good for people who are seeking job with little or no experience. Timings are flexible and availability can be changed 2 times a year. They have the employee room with refrigerator, microwave oven and vending machines but it needs to have a cafeteria for employees. I have gained a lot of customer service experience there. i nave learned cash handling. Managers are cooperative, pleasant and ready to listen to us.
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), hermitage paMarch 26, 2015
Pros: nice enviroment
Cons: very low pay
loved the coworkers managment the culture of the company, only the pay is way too low !!!! I believe that with higher pay happier employees and company would keep longer good people that make customers happy and to keep them coming back.
Enjoyable customer service job
Cashier (Former Employee), NJMarch 25, 2015
A typical day at work was interacting with customers who loves to shop and also assisting them in finding the latest fashion trends and what they are looking for.
Interesting place to work.
Recovery Associate (Former Employee), Lakewood, CAMarch 25, 2015
Fun place to work as a first job and great way to get into the fashion side.If you love clothes, its an awesome place to work. The employees are very nice and fun.
Great Place to Work
Asset Protection Manager (Current Employee), Queens, NYMarch 25, 2015
-Great place to Work
-Learned all aspects of Job
-Great Management
-Great co-workers
-Hardest Part of the job is nothing, always someone there to help
-Most enjoyable part of job is the people

1 2 3 4 5

About Macy's

The nation's #1 department store chain has adopted the name of its most famous brand and cash cow: Macy's. Macy's, Inc. operates – Read more

Macy's Salaries