Macy's
8,595 reviews

Macy's United States Employee Reviews

Rude Customers during the holidays.
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Fast pace
Cons: Rude customers, crowds, and it was retail so in general a little stressful
-I was a seasonal associate and I loved the fast paced work but the holidays turn people (customers) into maniacs:)

-I also believe that the seasonal associates deserve to get an earlier start just to get a hang of the cashier and routines. The customers would yell at the associates if we had some kind of issue or holdup with the register. Customers were very irritated and stressed with the pace and long lines.
productive fun workplace with customers
Cashier (Former Employee), Stockton, CAApril 15, 2015
Working at Macy's was a blast loved the customers, the Employees and the time I spent their no matter what the situation was you always managed to have fun
Fast paced work enviorment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLApril 15, 2015
I enjoyed working at Macys in City Place because It was a fast paced environment. I enjoy engaging with customers and forming a relationship to the store in a positive mood.
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Collierville, TNApril 15, 2015
Macy's is a fun work place that is like a family. They work around my school schedule and they are very flexible. They communicate with you well and they make sure that you do have a life outside of their.
very busy work area
Retail Salesman (Former Employee), greensburg, PaApril 15, 2015
Pros: clothing sales
Cons: you spend what you make
some staff is nice, very competitive, no real benefits other than shopping.hardest part is angry customers, but you should always have good customer service.
Clean and Friendly work place
SALE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYApril 15, 2015
Pros: flexiable hours at work, great managements
Cons: short breaks
a typical day at work would be i will arrive at 9 am, open all the register, organizer my work areas and get ready to start my day. Macy's have great management and they are very flexible with their schedule. they work with you to see what time works for to start working, just in case you have other responsibility like school, or kids. i never had a problem with any of my co-workers we was all friendly with each other. i wouldn't say there was anything had about working at Macy's, it just got really busy during the holidays and you need to have patients to deal with your customers. the best part about the job was see so many people from different places, and different cultures come there to shop.
Productive Workplace
Provided Customer Service (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 15, 2015
Pros: discounts, assisting customers
Cons: no health benefits
a typical day at Macy's would consists of me being there around 9:00am and having team meetings with my co workers. At Macy's I used to run my reports for the day. As management I learned how to achieve the goal of professional customer service. My co workers work as a team to help me complete many tasks threw out the day. The hardest part of the day would be having to leave at a specific time and wants of more hours. The most enjoyable time of the day is starting work!
Departments poorly staffed.
Commissioned Fine Jewelry Specialist (Former Employee), Aurora, ILApril 14, 2015
Associates not appreciated for their longevity with company. Long hours standing without consistent break coverage. Poor staffing which increases customer issues and additional work.
Fun, chill, productive
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIApril 14, 2015
Everyone is professional, nice, productive, inspiring, great, positive attitude, ambitious, awesome, laid back, non stress, all great, cool, fun, chill.
Productive Place
sales associate (Former Employee), Paramus, NjApril 14, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: required to work all weekends
I learned how to work with a team, and great communication. Macys provides excellent workshops on how to reach sales goes, and to reflect to company in a positive way
Great team, fun work environment, keeps you busy.
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 14, 2015
Typically help customers make their shopping experiences quick and easy, learned how to multitask efficiently, work a cash register. Management is there to help you move up, your co-workers become your family. Hardest part would be trying to get more hours, the most enjoyable, knowing that you made a customers day by giving them your all.
Great for those with active lifestyles
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Visalia, CAApril 14, 2015
Pros: Discount, shift selection
Cons: Employee attitudes are snobbish
Macys allows their employees to choose their shifts however full time employees get the first picks of the shifts. The discount is great and can be applied with any purchase and coupon.
Fun and lighthearted work environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJApril 14, 2015
Pros: decent breaks and free beverages
Cons: impatient customers, and messy work areas
My co-works were friendly and easy to get along with. They willingly taught all the different aspects of being a Macy's employee.
Great place to start
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee), Bridgeton, MOApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great collabolation
Cons: No opportunity to growth
Good work environment. Management willing to help and support. Great open door policy. Recommend for entry level or who need work experiences.
Clean friendly work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Paramus, NJApril 14, 2015
Macy's is very relaxed but busy place whose number 1 priority is
excellent customer service.
All Macy's stores are located in both urban and rural communities,
so someone has the ability to meet people from different cultures.
Produtive and fun
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 14, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: None
I really liked working at Macy's and helping customers, I also learned how the retail and fulfillment center operate. I worked multiple jobs position including a dock manager for a few months. I would recommend Macy's merchandiser to any college student looking to work par-time and receive marketing/ business management experience.
Fast Paced Fun Working Enviornment
Private Label Manager (Former Employee), Short Hills, NJApril 14, 2015
Sales, service, merchandising, managing of employees. I learned that working in retail management is very difficult and time consuming. One must have great patience and be willing to make sacrifices to work in this industry.

The hardest part of this job was convincing clients to purchase accessories. Creating a need when there wasn't one can be difficult.
Sales
Cosmetics Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), ColoradoApril 14, 2015
I have enjoyed my time at Macys.. They have given a place to work while I pursed my other goals. I have made it a great place to be so I can continue my education..
Fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee), West Covina, CAApril 14, 2015
It was a good place to work if the boss wasn't there because she would make the customers uncomfortable. all of us workers knew what are job responsibilities were and did them without hesitation and everyone went above and beyond to make it a better work place.
Very basic
Associate (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 13, 2015
It was hectic only on sales day . Other than that it was okay. Nothing really special about. I work recovery which is no longer a department.

About Macy's

The nation's #1 department store chain has adopted the name of its most famous brand and cash cow: Macy's. Macy's, Inc. operates – Read more

Macy's Salaries