Macy's

Macy's Employee Reviews

Found 10,712 reviews matching the search
Lackadaisical management, diverse co-workers
Seasonal Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTFebruary 8, 2016
The hardest part of the job was helping customers that were frustrated especially if they were upset because a Macy's employee was rude and purposefully didn't assist them. The best part of the job was conversing with costumers and instilling customer loyalty, making sure they would return to the store again.
nice place to work
Overnight Processor (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 8, 2016
it was a nice place to work seeing the family being reunited was a beautiful thing to experience. the wok condition were suitable
Fun workplace
Jewelry Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 8, 2016
It's an alright place to work, they work with you in terms of scheduling for school and family time...management isn't always in sync with one another, I enjoy working in the team that I am in, everyone helps each other out, even though it is sales and commissioned we all help one another out and aren't catty.
Fun place to work, management could use some work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 8, 2016
The most enjoyable part of this job was working with the people. In a typical day I helped up to 300 people find exactly what they needed.
Pros
Wonderful coworkers.
Cons
Had to pay for parking.
Fast paste and quick moving job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAFebruary 8, 2016
I didn;t get a chance to experience a lot while working at Macy's but the time that I did get to work was a learning experience. It was fast paste and quick thinking which I enjoyed just didn't get enough hours because we were seasonal workers.
fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2016
Courteously greet customers, provided effective training and guided new employees, helped customers in purchasing
and resolved their needs using sensitivity and professionalism
Operated and maintained cash register
Updated and properly balance out cash register continuously and general housekeeping duties.
Exceeding daily quotas with an average of 65 sales.
Achieved status as one of 15 top sales performers in the region
Managed cashiering activities in areas of purchasing, returns, and exchanges, and enforced store policies
Interfaced with vendors concerning pricing, availability, damaged product, buy-backs, and special orders
Pros
fun shopping
Cons
short breaks
Fast paced workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Des Peres, MOFebruary 8, 2016
Friendly co-workers and management. You will always have something to do, especially if retail is your thing. I met a lot of friendly people who didn't mind talking about their day.
Cons
Sometimes messy work area.
hard sell
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 7, 2016
hours not what you expect and commission is so hard to understand that even the manager can't explain it to you. customers are very rude.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
pay/management
productive and fun work place with fragance
fragances counter manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2016
work place is a place where u can learn a lot of things, for example in my typical day at work I give excellent costumer service, also a excellent explanation of my products to make the costumer comfortable, as a counter manager I make the work place a enjoyable place to my coworkers and to myself. The most enjoyable part of my job is to see a costumer go home with a happy face because the enjoy my service and my knowledge.
fast paced job with lots of responsibilitys
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 7, 2016
I typical day there is a lot of duties not limited to sales and customer service. Including merchandizing, stocking , client calls, personal attention to a clients needs as well as greeting new clients, when needed we are pulled to other departments that need help. During the holidays I was an SSA which stands for seasonal sales assistant, those duties included scheduling and coaching of the new associates. In addition I would help drive sales and help open credit accounts fro the store.
Pros
flexible schedule great co workers
Cons
the policy changes happen frequently and without notice
personal openion H.R. is horrendis
Recieving Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 6, 2016
came forward about issues including safety issues for both customers and employees as well as other issues, instead of dealing with the issues, H.R. seemed to wish to punish me for coming forward instead.
Fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
Shoe Expeditor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2016
A regular work day as a shoe expediter at Macy's could include picking/delivering 200-250+ shoes, processing shoes to put back into inventory, or making sure that the sales floor was kept clear of shoe boxes ready to add back to stock. I learned how to work in a very team orientated environment, and manage time so that the companies needs where met. My original manager was very kind and always straightforward with the task that she needed to be preformed. My co-workers were already well antiquated with each other, which made the environment more like a family - this made me very comfortable working with them. Since the work was very labor inventive, trying to balance work and school was very tiring. The most enjoyable part of this job was working as a team to accomplish the companies goals.
Productive and supportive workplace to help you succeed as a Sales Associate.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hilo, HIFebruary 6, 2016
Macy's was a great company to work for. The management was very organized and very supportive of their employees. They really cared about the success of their employees and the MAGIC that is created with their customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the co-workers at the Hilo, HI location as they welcomed new employees such as myself with open arms.
Its okay if you're looking to do something temporarily
Private Brand Stock Support (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 6, 2016
Not a lot of room for advancement, managers are never present.. Hours are decent, pay is decent. Okay if you're just looking for a "filler" job.
Good discounts throughout the store
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXFebruary 5, 2016
I would either open up the store and restock merchandise, or I would unload the truck, do sales on the floor, package and send off online orders, or set up tables and furniture for the store.
Pros
discounts
Professial
makeup artist/beauty advisor (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAFebruary 5, 2016
My days consist of makeovers as well as full customer service. I've learned in all of my job experience you need knowledge and a strong communication system in order to run effectively. My managers overall have been good at keeping our employees as well as our day in a clear order. My coworkers are all very different which helps learn how to work with a range of personalities. The hardest part of my current job in a work place of commission based people is making sure we all have a respectable understanding of maintaining our sales. The most enjoyable is building a relationship with my customer and exceeding each need they came in for.
Pros
Working and learning about various products.
Cons
Some of your coworkers in any workplace can unfortunately be very inconsiderate.
Way too big.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYFebruary 5, 2016
I'm sure Macys is a great place to work, just not for me. It's way too big and often confusing for my liking. I don't even like shopping there because of the size.
Flexible
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 5, 2016
Good job for college students such as myself because of the flexibility of hours, you can just about make your own schedule
Excellent learning opportunities available each day.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 5, 2016
I learned many aspects of customer service, merchandising, and training while working at Macy's.

I was an empowered employee, which made me feel as though I was an important part of the decision making processes regarding customer service.
Pros
Earned Macy's money as incentives.
Cons
Customers were overwhelmed with coupons. They were frustrated when they were not able to use them.
Great atmosphere
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAFebruary 4, 2016
Great place to work, they take customer service to a new level. My manager was very nice. Working there it's always something to do, I learned many different crafts while working there.