Macy's
6,554 reviews

Macy's Employer Reviews

productive and fun work place
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 14, 2014
Cons: short breaks
unload trucks , make sure all my customers are happy ,maintain a clean work place
productive place
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 14, 2014
Pros: had enough time to get home to my children
Cons: it was seasonal work
i was in shipping and recieving which is the back room
work day started at 3 am and ended at 2pm
co workers were nice and respectable
It was new experience for me.
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 14, 2014
My work day started from 4 in the morning to prepare the store and get everything ready for the customers. I learned a lot about what goes behind the scenes and how much pressure employees are under to get everything ready. Every day was different than the other. I worked with different managers and different spots in the store. Everyone had his/her – more... own way of getting things together. I did not have a certain co-workers, every day there were someone new. The hardest thing was too many things need to be done in little time. The enjoyable part was the experience of a new field and get to know how everything get done. – less
Give back to the community
Customer Insights & Strategy Manager (Current Employee), CincinnatiAugust 14, 2014
Pros: multil level communication
Cons: always asking for donations
Macy's Inc. is a good company to work for if you are innovative and looking for job advancement.
Multiple Department Manager
Sales Manager (Former Employee), FloridaAugust 14, 2014
Drive results in mutilple departments, develop staff, coaching and training of all new hires for holiday-focus on customer service and excellence.
being able to work at each department to learn the ins and outs
Clerk- Cashier (Former Employee), New London, CTAugust 14, 2014
counting the draw in, checking the isles for any trip hazards, checking the dressing rooms hourly and putting merchandise back on shelves.
Buyer Job phenome
Buyer (Former Employee), Citrus Heights, CAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: happy brides
Cons: not enough enpowerment given to my operators
Working for Federated Logistics was challenging and rewarding. I would create purchase orders and key receive them as well. I worked closely with many table top vendors and warehouse managers. I was responsible for CSF orders and maintaining count by doing inventory of all the tabletop merchandise. I supplied the table top merchandise to all the West – more... coast stores. I was team Leader of the Macys' Bridal Registry and taught L.U.S.A.T. to my 20 operators. I was responsible for quality control and escalation calls from customers. I did order inquiry as well. The hardest part of the job was inventory. Best thing ever was ordering that one piece the customer could never find and getting it to the customer for a good price and limited time! Also I loved being the president Of our volunteer group because we helped out the less fortunate. – less
Nothing special
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Garden City, NYAugust 13, 2014
Cons: screwed over people by being stingy with hours
I only got about 3-4 hours a week and management did nothing when I tried to get more hours.
It was a great experience for my first retail job.
Cosmetic On-Call; Cashier (Current Employee), White Plains, NYAugust 13, 2014
I learned a lot working working at Macy's , it showed me the real world of working .
Bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJAugust 13, 2014
Bad training, poor pay, and poor management of the staff. The managers did not know how to help out the staff.
it was ok
Cashier/Recovery Clerk (Former Employee), Garden City, NYAugust 13, 2014
picking up clothes and restocking things and also greeting the customers
A cool environment inside of the mall.
Sales Associate/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIAugust 13, 2014
Pros: 10% off all items
Most days would include merchandising, ( re-ticketing items for sale prices), others would include stock clothing and working with a register.
Retail
Contractor (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAAugust 13, 2014
It's retail. You expect the kind of work you see other people doing when you walk into a department store.
crazy schedule
Sales (Former Employee), Montclair, CAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: fast paced
Cons: inconsistent with scheduling
depending on what department I was working in I had different duties. My main responsibility would be customer and making sure that the customer was always satisfied and got the best deal.
not the best not the worst
Selling Specialist (Current Employee), Capitola, CAAugust 12, 2014
If you are working in retail its not the worst place to work as a whole I like working for the company but the in store managers tend to be yes than great.
Macy's Receiving
SUPPORT STAFF (Current Employee), Chandler, AZAugust 12, 2014
Pros: manager has open door policy, motivates and encourages team.
Cons: no breaks on short shifts; warehouse can be hot during the summer months
The truck arrives at 6 am; the afternoon crew begins unloading the truck for the evening crew to prepare the merchandise and place on the floor.

Everyone is rotated with different duties which may be open boxes and stack the merchandise on transport cages or peel plastic protection bags from shirts, blouses and dresses. Some are assigned to fold towels, – more... organize shirts and pants according to color and size.

Receiving manager is easy going and motivates the crew to get the work done.

Co-workers is a mix of people who are usually students attending the local community colleges looking to make some extra pay. Everyone dresses causal - jeans and black shirt.

The hardest part of the job would be the cleanup of the warehouse after all the merchandise has been placed on the sales floor. The enjoyable part, broken in two are the moments when all the merchandise leaves the warehouse for the sales floor and completing the clean-up of the warehouse before going home for the night. – less
Great starter position
Data Input (Former Employee), Avondale ArizonaAugust 12, 2014
Pros: friendly people
Cons: short breaks
Long and tedious. I've learned product assessment, hardest part of the job was prolonged standing and disgruntled co-workers.
Macy's: Good experience
Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNAugust 12, 2014
Macy's was an easy & fun job to have. I enjoyed my time there & would work there again.
Lacks Professionalism
L'Oreal Designer Fragrances Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYAugust 12, 2014
Pros: macys discounts
Cons: store management lacked professionalism
The best part of the job was the event planning and implementing. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unprofessional employees & management.
Remember it's not a career
ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: good way to build connections with people and overcome the fear of speaking to new people.
Cons: management, work load, long hours, rude customers.
When I first started working for Macy's it was a great experience. Great managers, great work environment, when they needed me I would always report in.

But once the CEO of the store started to send the old managers to different stores and some managers quit, this particular location hasn't been the same.

Some managers shouldn't be managers at all, – more... the customers are starting to get ruder by the minute, and they cut the hours for full-time so the pay is no longer worth the work. – less