Macy's
8,384 reviews

Macy's Employer Reviews

A fun place to work overall
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Traverse City, MIMarch 23, 2015
I like fashion, therefore, I liked working at Macys. The management staff was professional yet fun. The best part of my job was interacting with customers who came to the HR office and helping resolve their issues.
Busy work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Duluth, GAMarch 23, 2015
A lot of busy work required when things aren't busy, even if things are already clean and in order. Fellow workers are kind of helpful, but are very competitive since it is a commission based job and the head sellers often had arguments. Management was fair, but commission was very hard hard to achieve since the return policies were very lax.
Productive and fun place to work.
Store HR Coordinator (Former Employee), Charlotte NCMarch 23, 2015
kept you on toes... awesome work experience
learnt a lot in very short duration, how to excel in our work...
taught us the people management
Being at one with the customer
Sales Representative (Former Employee), McLean, VAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: customers
Working at Macy's allowed me to know how to provide proper customer service to customers coming in, whether they're looking for something in particular or just browsing around and need help.
hpoo
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Frisco, TXMarch 23, 2015
Pros: break
Cons: limits
Customer Service, Commission sales, Cashiering, Rearranging, Tagging and Resorting. Co-Workers seem to mind their own. Managers are not as nice as possible
It just sucks
SALES ASSOCIATE- LADIES SHOES DEPARTMENT (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXMarch 23, 2015
Everything is all about getting people to sign up for the credit card. NO SERVICE JUST THE CARD. FUN FAR AWAY FROM MACYS. This job is better for the younger people who are just starting out.
productive and fun work place with great co-workers
Sales Associate/Shoe Expeditor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2015
My duties at Macy's were to keep a clean and neat work station. Meet and assist customers with great product knowledge in order to make sales. My co-workers were the best I've ever had.Management was great. But the thing I enjoyed the most was the people. I got to meet and create bonds with my customers. While there I learned a few things. I learned how to upsale and create long lasting bonds with my customers that still exist today.
Always something to do, active job
Lead Merchandising Associate (Current Employee), Burlington, MaMarch 23, 2015
Pros: great hours, no weekends
Cons: no cummunication, no recognition, not good raises
I merchandise new products to the selling floor as well as open new receipts and put the items in the proper places.
I have been at Macy's for about 15 years and I have learned a lot, there is always something new that comes up so it keeps it interesting.
My co-workers are good people they work hard and have my back, always getting the job done, as we say "TEAMS WIN!'
The hardest part of my job I would have to say is, having no communication in the store. Having to do the same project over and over because of that lack of communication, however I always get my job done and I do it well.
I really like to see new merchandise come in, is it always a fresh new look to the store. Plus it keeps the customers keep coming back.
Busy
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), Valley StreamMarch 23, 2015
Great co-workers and managers, everyone really looked out for each other and managers were keen to work in a very positive way with employees.
Great place to work but compensation could be better.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), West Nyack, NYMarch 23, 2015
Pros: great enviroment, great employee discount
Cons: compensation could be better, advancement opportunities are restricted
Every day for us is an opportunity to connect with customers and give them a pleasant shopping experience. Co-workers are great and management is very understanding.
Great Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLMarch 23, 2015
Loved working with Customers and learning new skills.. Learned new products.. Helpful employees and educated Bosses
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Valley Stream, NYMarch 23, 2015
Pros: macy money
Cons: being looked at as being a criminal
The managers does not treat the associates the way they should, They never have your back. The hardest part of the job was knowing something was wrong, but because the customers came first you had to give them their way.The best part of the job was being able to meet some really great people both sales associates and customers. I built some very strong relationships.
it was pleasant
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee), Springfield, VAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: friendly people
Cons: you can barely pick up a shift online.
a day at macys was like any other typical retail work day. The only hard part was making new friends with the co-workers because I am super shy. The most enjoyable part was being able to work productively with no distractions.
Retail
BEAUTY ADVISOR (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 23, 2015
help customers
teach them about products to use
ask for help when needed
know other lines
make people look and feel pretty
productive
Housekeeping (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 22, 2015
macys is a job where everybody respects you , treat everybody equal and most important is a company that likes to get the job done.
They are nothing more than a prettier Walmart.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: the other managers i worked with.
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities if you did not fit a certain, look which was a recent college graduate out of the edp progam.
How can you put on the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and then require that your associates work on Thanksgiving so the people who make the money to pay for the parade are unable to watch it or even celebrate the holiday with their friends and family? The same goes for the Fourth of July Fireworks Spectacular.
Hectic and overwhelming work place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 22, 2015
Typical day at work consisted of meeting quotas and opening rewards cards. Much was not learned, management was not persistent. Hardest part was having to work in a non ventilated area.
Busy Enjoyable Environment
Retail Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Queens, NYMarch 22, 2015
Working at Macy's was a wonderful thing during the holiday seasons. Daily it would be a very busy environment but very interactive with the customers and coworkers as well. The typical day at work would include recovery, a busy line and giving my opinion on an item that the customer wanted to buy if asked. The hardest part of the job would actually be recovering accessories before the store had closed. There was so much but it was fun as well. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the customers happy faces while leaving satisfied with their purchases and their savings!
Nice starter job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oakland, CAMarch 21, 2015
Nice work environment, friendly, punctual. Hardworking environment
little opportunity for advancement. Enjoyed working with customers,
performing transactions, preparing food.
good co-workers
Sales Associated (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 21, 2015
cashier and fold clothes and unfold clothes. get the store in order. sign up customers with macy's credit cards management was great. the hardest part about the job was not enough hours.

About Macy's

The nation's #1 department store chain has adopted the name of its most famous brand and cash cow: Macy's. Macy's, Inc. operates – Read more

Macy's Salaries