Macy's

9.8K reviews

Macy's Employee Reviews

Fast paced atmosphere with a enthusiatic sales team.
Field Mangaer (Former Employee), Sterling Hts. , MIAugust 24, 2015
Pros: . The most enjoyable part of the job wasworking with a great team.
Cons: Hardest part of the job was rebuilding our sales team when I first started in the department..
Fun enthusiastic Department in Macy's. Goals and customer service were priority. Responsible for setting up fine jewelry, selling repairing and order mdse to satisfy customers needs daily. Recruited and trained a sales staff of eleven and had to learn to train others on the floor.
I love the customers and macys gives you alot of work so you are always busy.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Monroeville, PAAugust 24, 2015
Overall Macy was a good workplace. I never felt bored like there was nothing to do macys always have work for you to do. I really grew close to my co-workers. Everybody I knew worked as a team and we got any job done no matter what it was.
Sales Associate (RTW) (Current Employee), Grand Forks, NDAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Getting to help others
Cons: 10 minute breaks
Long hours, competitive pay, extremely nice co-workers, understanding customers. So far the job has been moderately paced and I cant say I have anything to complain about. I think I should have had a few more training days and gotten payee for the 40 hours of online and in store training that I completed.
Enjoyable, busy
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), College Station, TXAugust 24, 2015
Positive part-time employment during the Christmas New Year holidays. The only problem was that there were not enough CSRs available, which is common with retail stores.
good place to move up, fflexible schedules, good discount
Executive (Current Employee), TexasAugust 24, 2015
flexible schedules, opportunities for growth, good discount, tenured executive staff. If you work hard and let people know you want to grow, they will find you the positions.
Not so bad
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Aventura, FLAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Get to make your own schedule
Cons: commission sucks when your co-workers are super competitive
Its not so bad if you like cleaning a lot and are a great seller. I don't know about now but when I was there, there was little to no management in my department. I was basically my own manager but I wouldn't choose this company for a career more like a high school part-time job.
Loved my job and was the victim of companywide job eliminations
Visual Manager (Former Employee), Clay, NYAugust 24, 2015
Pros: back of house employee discount and extra discounts at certain times
Cons: job elimination
I worked monday through friday 7ish to 4ish, updating mannequins, merchandising presentations, collateral and creating the wow factor that makes customers take a second look at the product.
I learned the importance of balance and scale in display and developed my creativity across more genres than clothing - i.e. home goods.
Loved 99% of my co-workers
The hardest part of the job was being a team of one. Sometimes set-ups physically required more than one person and getting that help was near impossible considering the bare bones staff they expected the stores to run on, you weren't able to pull someone away for 5 minutes as it would leave 3 departments unmanned.
The most enjoyable part of the job was my job and the hours it came with. I love the visual merchandising aspect of retail and I got to work normal hours doing it.
You can feel the Magic
Seasonal Recovery Specialist (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLAugust 24, 2015
The atmosphere in Macy's is very relaxed. Macy's is probably the best job I ever had . i really enjoyed being part of the magic that is made at Macy's.
not a good place to work
Sales associate, Customer service, and cashier (Former Employee), Valley Stream, NYAugust 24, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: short breaks, healthcare, compensation.
The work day is usually slow, unless there is a big sale that day. The compensation is not exactly fare for what you are required to do. Micromanaging management style. There was not really much that was enjoyable about this job.
Good work environment
Seasonal Recovery Associate (Former Employee), Newark, CAAugust 24, 2015
I wasn't there for to long, just long enough for seasonal work. All I did was clean the store by picking up all the clothes on the ground and folding the disturbed clothes on the shelf while helping the usual customer with there needs.
what ive learned
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Dededo, GUAugust 24, 2015
To me retail wasnt a career that you can grow from, it was fun while i was younger but not something i would like to continue
is a nice place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), west covinaAugust 24, 2015
is a nice place to work good people management is very respectful to there employee's, customers are nice and reasonable over all a good work environment.
fun workplace
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAAugust 23, 2015
Overall i enjoyed my experience. Mainly worked with adults, how refreshing. very simple job, but slow at times. i come from high paced jobs so it became boring at times.
temps arent treated like employees
Seasonal Temp (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 23, 2015
Pros: commission sales
Cons: nobody welcomes you to the team
macys treat their customers great, their regular employees great, seasonal employees aren't really welcomed by regular employees they are very rude and bossy. management really favors you if you've worked there already. no support, not welcoming, and I would never work nor shop there ever.
Great learning experience
Sales Rep (Former Employee), ChicagoAugust 23, 2015
While working here, I really learned how to read people. I got to realize when a customer wasn't having a good day or was having a great one. Working at this company made me understand people more.
Job From Hades
Cashier and Shoe Salesperson (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Wonderful coworkers, a discount (maybe)
Cons: Everything
I learned great interpersonal skills, how to learn and think quickly on my feet, organized efficiency, and how to work a different operating system (along with other methods of technology). I would say the most enjoyable part of the job has been my co-workers. Other than that, this place pays the absolute minimum wage, makes no effort in supporting or caring about its employees (the corporation), you get a quarter raise depending on how you rate as a sales representative, there's barely any commission to noticed within the paycheck itself, there is continued pressure within the work place (and they are never satisfied, even if you manage to fulfill all the goals in one day), and they keep tabs on you like you're a child. Oh, and they force you to open a Macy's account as part of the "application" process. Basically, you're lucky if you can keep your sanity and not turn into a raging alcoholic. You're luckier if you've found another job to replace this one and never have to come back.
ordering
Temporary Holiday help - Seasonal Order taking (Former Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 22, 2015
Pros: good place to work
Cons: seasonal
Temporary Holiday help ( seasonal )Assisting customers with
all online Macy’s and Bloomingdale orders, advancing gift cards and credit card holders. Problem
solving issues with gift cards and charge cards. Answering inbound calls for Holiday purchases and
returns.
Management and staff had an interactive relationship
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Peoria, ILAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Interacting with customers
Cons: none
- Receive/greet customers.
- Assist with customer requests.
- Provide a positive experience.
- Process financial transactions.
- Setting displays, providing for an appealing shopping experience.
- Safety of the customers
HORRIBLE!
Sales Manager (Former Employee), New JerseyAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Sales
Cons: Abusive management and customers
Although the company is OK, the management varies store to store and in New Jersey just HORRIBLE. Expected to do the job of multiple people, felt like an associate, cleaning person, etc. Too much expectations for little compensation. NO RECOGNITION. Management always negative.
productive workplace
Merchandiser (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Santa Maria, CAAugust 22, 2015
It helps me how to manage my time and deal to every different people. be patience and do costumer service as a priority. Good workplace that I am able to grow and learn.
Headquarters