Macy's Employee Reviews

Found 15,675 reviews matching the search
disaster
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILFebruary 15, 2017
macy's was the worse store I've ever worked at . always junkie, mangers too young to really understand the business. the management team is full of twenty something year olds
Productive workplace
Seasonal - Part time associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2017
Macys provided an opportunity to work without direct supervision. We knew what we had to do and managed to get the job done. Once we completed out duties we would help on the floor if needed.
Pros
Discounts in the mall
Cons
Short breaks
Macys
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAFebruary 15, 2017
Very business oriented place, everything's classy! They mean well and the customers love the place.They give you the options to purchasevarious things accordigly!
boring and repetitive work with low pay
Asset Protection Associate (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutFebruary 15, 2017
you come into work you do a little meeting. you talk to management and your co workers. you do bunch of audits they dont even check. you walk around for hours or stand in one position. you make sure nothing gets stolen but they have insurance for that anyway. you dont take no one down if they steal you just look at them i guess. not enough pay or hours they job kind sucked.
Pros
one hour lunch, you get a lot of down time.
Cons
low pay and no advancement
department store
Regional Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 15, 2017
long days full of business
stay with the correct crowd
holidays
friends for life at least I hope so peeps
That's it you work retail you work hard.
You love it or not.
I loved it most of the time.
Pros
discount
Cons
discount ???
fun enviornment
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAFebruary 15, 2017
very friendly co-workers, management was okay could do a little better with communicating with everyone, the hardest part was knowing if I'm staying or not
productive workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  111 n state street, Chicago ilFebruary 15, 2017
a typical day at work is really busy, i learned a lot about retail, management was really good and professional, workplace culture was really diverse, there was no hard part, the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with co workers.
Good Work Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 15, 2017
Fun work place. Need a fixed weekly hours. Hours per week vary from 29/hr to 35/hrs per week, which makes it difficult if you are a regular full-time employee. If pay and hours for full-time employees would be better employees would be happier.
Pros
offer benefits
Cons
hours of operation vary from season to season and working on Thanksgiving day
good job
Sales Associate/Visual (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 15, 2017
I really like working at macys. I worked at macys for two years.i was on there visual team and it was a great team to be on. the management at macys were really nice.
Opportunity that I have experienced
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 15, 2017
I enjoyed my time working with some awesome people in the workplace of Macy’s, and I know that retail stores are not for me.
Pros
breaks was short
Cons
health care was awesome
Neat workplace.
Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLFebruary 15, 2017
A typical day at works runs by smooth as a support associate. You are given instructions on what is needed and fulfilling them is a breeze.
very fun and productive place to work
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILFebruary 15, 2017
The typical day at Macy's will be engaging in customers, greeting and always keeping a smile on ones face, making every possible sale you could get. I learned that you cant approach everyone the same way. give the customers space sometimes and approach them when they are ready. The workplace culture is very diverse and I met a lot of interesting people a long the way
Organized Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDFebruary 14, 2017
Enjoyed going to work with great coworkers and was able to always communicate with my managers.Great environment both with my coworkers and customers.
Enjoy customer interaction
Sales Associate - Handbags (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 14, 2017
I was hired as a seasonal employee for the holidays. I was determined to stay on as a full time permanent sales associate. I worked my __ off proving that I was just what Macy's ordered. It paid off and I can say that I am now permanent full time. I actually can say I love my job. I just wish the pay was more.
Pros
Mangement is great and considerate
Cons
pay
Excellent people to work with and fun customers
Sales Manager II (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAFebruary 14, 2017
On the go, never a dull moment. Always a fun time with co-workers, associates, and customers. A lot of daily tasks and distractions. Must stay focused on what you're working towards. Learned how to deal with difficult individuals and situations. Must love problem solving. The hardest part about the job for me was keeping a work/life balance. The best part of the job was the people I worked with. Benefits the company offers are great, pay was so-so. Also, a great company to work your way up in.
Pros
Advancement, benefits
Cons
Lack of communication
Pretty good place to work
Stock Associate/Web Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 14, 2017
Duties include unloading and unpacking new merchandise shipments, and preparing them for the selling floor by folding, hanging, or stacking, delivering new merchandise to the appropriate department for placement on the selling floor or stock area, organize and maintain merchandise in stockrooms, and fill in the selling floor as needed, learn Macy's systems and procedures to enhance selling efficiencies and complete support duties, collect damaged merchandise from designated areas and accurately complete required paperwork, provide support for major sales events and regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
Do not work here!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2017
Macy's is a complete soul sucking abyss. The upper management do not care about their employees, all they care about is the bottom line, how much money the particular store made that day and how much the company as a whole made. Each employee is given a sales goal for the day and if you don't make the goal, a supervisor speaks to you about it. There is so much backstabbing and sales stealing going on, it's not even funny. If you value your mental health, please do not ever go to work for Macy's
need to train employees better and clearer information needed, not all on computer
Retail Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Bellingham, WA 98226February 14, 2017
Customers decides to purchase their items. Some customers are patient and kind; some are irate, rude, and impatient. I learned to handle different personalities kinds of people by just smiling and speak in a normal soft tone. Management sometimes check on their employees and information that was given was not clear many times. Some knew about the sales and coupons, some did not. Training was not consistent. Because I was a seasonal employee, the managers were a little bit lenient and patient with me. The workplace set up was comfortable.

The hardest part of my job was learning the cash register. Although in the past I had worked as a cashier, the purchasing with checks, cash, and credit cards was faster and much easier. Learning the Macy's system of procedures, purchasing items, returning items, ordering online and instore, damages, holding items, and etc. was all done on the cash register. At first, the procedures was very confusing, but with practicing everyday, and getting, meaning hearing the employees talking about some procedures, I picked up tips.

In training, everything was just thrown at us and we were expected to perform as if we knew what we were doing. However, the enjoyable part of the job was the customers. Some customers liked too talk story and tried to explain what they wanted out of an item. It was nice as I walked with them to find the item that they wanted.
Pros
able to pick our own shifts online
Cons
training needed a human mentor, even if it was online
Good place to learn
Bridal and Gift Registry Advisor (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 14, 2017
Learned it is important to come into a position with a plan to excel and grow. Must be willing to work hard to succeed. Keep yourself informed and educated.
successful, hard worker, fun worker and always on time
Recovery (Former Employee) –  Grossmont, CAFebruary 14, 2017
•I have currently volunteer with American Red Cross Association through job Corps of San Diego i volunteered at different Church of god in Christ Ministries also have work with porter Elementary school and different nonprofit organizations such as San Vincent de Paul ,birthline in salvation Army

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.