Macy's

9.5K reviews

Macy's Employee Reviews

call center
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Erie, PAJuly 26, 2015
call center work at dial America was difficult a lot of disrespectful customers also they changed managers a lot there too. great pay a lot of hours to pick up and fun times also
great place
Sales associate (Former Employee), Kenner, LAJuly 25, 2015
productive and fun place to work. the management is great and the job has great benefits. The hardest part is meeting your sells goal.
Fun place to work, very flexible scheduling system.
Clinique Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Gratis
Cons: Short breaks
Our day is always filled with fun.I learned a lot about making great connections with all guests.Building relationships is my passion. Management is great, they always see to it that we are happy. My co-workers are wonderful people. All ages and different cultures amazes me. The most enjoyable is helping clients find the right product that they needed.
Productive and fun workplace
Duties- Restock and recover sales floor (Former Employee), Burlington, MAJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Good sized breaks, excellent work environment
Good place to work managers were very understanding and helpful in easing into getting to know job tasks. There was not a shortage of work to be done so it was not difficult to keep busy.
Productive and fun place
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 24, 2015
This is an amazing place to work. There is a lot to learn but the people who have been there are willing to help. They work well with outside life of Macys. The co-workers are nice and easy to get along – more... with. The customers are amazing because everyone is different. The hardest part would be learning how to bring in the reward accounts because its a lot to learn when it comes to the benefits and learning your grove to get people to get a Macys account. – less
Co-workers are the best part of the job.
Salesperson (Former Employee), Barboursville, WVJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Co-Workers are a very diverse group, supportive, fun and talented in many ways other than sales.
Cons: Must stand, walk the whole shift, elimination of some positions adds duties to salespeople, less time to spend on customers.
Macy's is great for college-age part-timers. Very up-beat atmosphere. Good place for corporate beginners. Can be hard to adjust to constantly varying shifts if you are used to a regular work day.
An enviroment to utilize customer service and develope skills for sales.
Sales Rep Fragrance (Former Employee), citrus heights , caJuly 24, 2015
Pros: spiffs, goals to where they give you back money, manage your own schedule.
Cons: part time, the pay was minimum for the service we provided
A cooperation where you were able to adapt smoothly into become a sales consultant, learn basic touches of sales like how to engage and be able to sell without being aggressive. Maximizing every sale with the right customer service and satisfy the customers needs.
customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 24, 2015
Macys was a great seasonal job! Flexible schedules was a plus. I love interacting the customers. Helping them wit last minutes shopping, around the busy holiday seasonal.
fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Plantation, FLJuly 24, 2015
Fun to work in the juniors department. Easy job to get and easy to keep. Friendly employees. Sometimes not enough people are put on the schedule. Can be very hard to manage.
unenjoyable
Sale Representative (Former Employee), Brandon, FLJuly 24, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: standing
I Enjoyed the customers and employees and i did not like that they were always calling me on my days off as i was part time when i worked at this job
Great Place to Work
Cosmetics and Fragrance Sales Associate (Current Employee), Decatur, GAJuly 23, 2015
Learning how to create a wonderful environment for the customer, even through shopping is helping me to prepare how to work with people.
FUn work place
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Merritt Island, FLJuly 23, 2015
I really enjoyed working here, I would start work at 7 but usually did not get enough hours, It was more around 20 hours when i needed 40
I sold men's suites and other accessories.
Men's Ware Associate (Former Employee), Smyrna, GAJuly 23, 2015
I worked at Macy's selling men's clothing. I learned how to use the cash register and how to balance it at the end of the day. I was very motivated to work, though standing for hours was not my ideal thing to do.
I liked working with the company as a team and my coworkers were like family.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Sanford, FLJuly 23, 2015
I enjoyed working with this company. My manager and coworkers were always there to help if needed. We worked as a team and it made the day go very smooth and efficient.
Good Environment but can be Boring
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAJuly 23, 2015
The location that I was working at wasn't very busy through the week . So your day to day would be filled with fixing things up and organizing things. My co-workers were all pretty nice and helped in passing – more... time on slow days. The weekends were usually steady and the customers are typically polite. The managers were fine and relatively understanding though at times they'd ask the impossible, such as hitting sales goals when in 4 hours you've seen all of 5 people. Overall it is an enjoyable experience. – less
Loved the job Hated the managment
Volunteer Work/Community Service (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 23, 2015
I loved working at macy's I loved the people and customers however management was unprofessional and rude. they don't care about their employees and only care about how many stars we can get a month.
Great learning expoerience
Customer Service (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJuly 23, 2015
Restocking inventory, helping ring up customer merchandise, cleaning stock room and sales floor. Learned that everything is done with team work. Management is great. Co workers are great teachers. Hardest part of the job was angry customers, enjoyable part of my job was giving a 100% in customer service.
Nice part time job to work.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), AnnapolisJuly 23, 2015
Good place to work while pursuing higher education. The schedule swap option is beneficial and greatly appreciated. Got along with everyone in my department well.
Fashionable
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYJuly 23, 2015
Busy store to work in specially in the middle of Herald Square, I meet a lot of individuals and friends working in this company.
Another SWEATSHOP LIKE WALMART!!!
Vault Jeweler Clerk (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJJuly 23, 2015
Pros: No
Cons: None
I worked in jewelry vault 2 years as seasonal holiday worker ,POOR. MANAGEMENT NO COMMON SENSE SHIPPING DEPARTMENT WAS SENDIND OUT WRONG ITEMS THAT WAS VERY EXPENSIVE WHEN IT CAME ACROSS MY WORK AREA I – more... NOTIFIED MANAGEMENT AND THE SUPERVISOR TREATED ME BAD SINCE THAT DAY,BECAUSE IT SHOWED SHE WAS INCOMPETENT OF DOING HER JOB,REPLACING AND EXPENSIVE ITEM WITH A SALE ITEM NO TELLING HOW MANY WWENT OUT!AFTER THAT I WAS TOLD NO MORE WORK! Then i got called and hired permanent for weekend nights $15 hr this was crazy for 3 weeks i only had 2 days work how could i consider my self permanent with no hr after roming up and down the stairs from 1vault to another trying to find something to do I WAS TOLD MY SERVICES WAS NO LONGER NEEDED ANOTHER SWEATSHOP FLOODED WITH INDIAN MINORITY WORKERS WITH NO EDUCATION AT ALL!!!! – less
Headquarters