Macy's
8,711 reviews

Macy's United States Employee Reviews

Helping people with what they need
Sign Specialist (Former Employee), Dededo, GUApril 28, 2015
Always finding new ways to attract people. People sometimes buy what they want instead of what they need. Priorities are very important for a successful future! It is always great to work as a team to get the job done. Communication plays a huge part. I enjoy people who are satisfied with what they have purchased, and who always return to find something more.
Great place to work.
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), York, PAApril 28, 2015
Pros: A lot of training to help you perfect your job
Cons: Hours
This is a company that recognizes the efforts of their employees. A very encouraging atmosphere. Very strong on teaching, and coaching employees to achieve their goals and the expected goals of the company.
Great place to work, maybe im just a bit too ascertive, willing to try it again
Group Sales Manager (Former Employee), san Francisco, CAApril 28, 2015
Pros: Relaxed environment, and very chill people
Cons: Needs a bit more personality.
I really enjoyed working the floor at macy's. very beautifull people, a great environment, and very clean air.

providing great customer service, while knowledgeable sales skills are being distributed to local shoppers was a awesome time for me. I was also very well known to my fellow employees and work team.

I learned a world of possibilities, training with the credit department, in the checking field, with positive employers and team members.
Great Company
Fine Jewelry Specialist (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 28, 2015
Great place to work for part time work wasn't there a long period of time, but the short time I really enjoyed the co workers and morning meetings with recognition
Managers Will Lie To you
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Temecula, CAApril 28, 2015
Pros: Free sandwich on black friday, $1-$5 bonus for opening a new credit account.
Cons: Managers lie
I loved working at Macy's, until they laid me off at the end. I loved the coworkers and honestly loved the managers until the end of my seasonal assignment. They are such a screwed up company. They notified me at the end of the assignment that they WOULD hire me on when positions opened up. It has now (at the time of writing this) been two months and I haven't gotten a call back. Not to mention that, I recently walked in and there were several new workers. My manager insisted that there were no positions open. Obviously there were if they are calling new people and interviewing and hiring them.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Freehold, NJApril 28, 2015
Customer service, phone using a lot, open credit cards and use cash a lot. Work with customers all the time. Good for a part time job.
Good work place
Merchandise Handler (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 28, 2015
Pros: access to the clothes first
Cons: stressful at times
overall macys is a good place to work & get experience. management sometimes can ask for too much but if you work with them then you can get a better understanding for what needs to be done. A normal work day includes customer assistance , refilling merchandise & maintaining a neat stockroom. The hardest part about the job is getting a task done without the proper material.
Shipping out packages
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), Martinsburg, WVApril 28, 2015
Pros: lunch breaks
Cons: nothin
Everyone was friendly and very nice.Worked has a team and always had help and things got done in the time we was given.Got lunch breaks on time and sometimes the work was slow but always cleaned around the work area for the next shift
GOOD PEOPLE
sales (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOApril 28, 2015
CAME IN GOT RIGHT TO HELPING CUSTOMERS , WITH THEIR SHOPPING ITEMS, OR LOCATING A SECTION IN THE STORE. I ALSO SOLD THE MACY'S CARD TO OUR CUSTOMERS , EXPLAINING TO THEM THE BENEFITS AND ADVANTAGES. LIGHT CLEAN UP AND CLOSING OUR REGISTER AT END OF NIGHT SHIFT.
Very flexible
Sales associate (Current Employee), saugus maApril 27, 2015
Perfect job if you want to be in charge of how much you want to get paid that week. Set your hours throughout the week.keep you busy.
Poor Management
SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 27, 2015
I enjoyed working at Macy's, especially with the perks but I felt at times, I wasn't appreciated as much. I wasn't always thanked for my good work but constantly condemned when I did wrong. Some managers could care less about our well-being.
Great place to build your career and make connections
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT TEAM (Current Employee), californiaApril 27, 2015
Have worked for Macy's for over 15 years. This is the place to grow your career if you are just starting out in your career journey. Starting out as a manager of a department gives you the skills that you need in knowing how to run a business and impact the sales and customer service everyday.
Fun and productive workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 27, 2015
Pros: Long Lunches
Cons: Fast paced
Ring customers up and make sure all questions and needs are answered I learned how to work the register, I even learned how to talk effectively to customers.
Productive and a fun place to work.
Customer service rep (Former Employee), Bridgeton, MOApril 27, 2015
Pros: beautiful break room.
Cons: short breaks
Very good company environment. Chance for advancement. Brightly lighted, computers are state of the art. I would recommend anyone who wanted to start their career in customer service, to apply with MACY'S
Quiet but busy
Sales Associate (seasonal) (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 27, 2015
I set all the sales in the store before the store open. Make sure everything is correct with pricing. make sure everthing is organized within the store.
Shop while you work
Sales Associate/ Holiday Manager (Former Employee), Toledo, OHApril 27, 2015
Pros: Diligent about taking breaks
Cons: 2 words: Holiday Season
Help customers at registers and on the floor, put clothes away where they go, organize racks, keep back stock rooms organized, push credit cards and sales, work as many hours as you want. Retail does not pay very well.
Great Energetic place to work
Sales Manager, Retail (Current Employee), Short Hills, NJApril 27, 2015
Pros: Advancement on many levels, PTO
Cons: healthcare
A wonderful place to work and learn. I was able to interact with people in a wide range of customer service. I enjoyed helping and solving problems that led them to feeling good or much better than when they arrived at our doors. Typical day involved meeting and greeting staff leading them in morning rallies to engage their morale and creative spirits. Meetings with other Mangers to discussed our daily goals and ways of achieving them. The hardest part of my day was maximizing and filling open shifts, with Associates either calling out or not showing up it made it somewhat difficult to maintain even coverage, it took extra effort for my colleagues and I to maintain. I learned that I enjoyed customer service and I could use my background in architecture for more than just that.
Business Analyst
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Mason, OHApril 27, 2015
Great people to work with. No available to work remotely. Lots of room to learn and advance. Management great to work with as well. Lots of praise from management for doing a job well done.
Beginner Job
Sale Associate (Current Employee), BraintreeApril 27, 2015
Its a good work environment to start with if your in high school. I learned a lot from working there for 5 years. I learned to assist the customers when they need help. Good teamwork. The most enjoyable part of working there is helping the customers and co-worker. the hardest part of working there is custumers getting mad if the coupon don't work that items they would like to use.
Productive and fast paced retail sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bay ShoreApril 27, 2015
My major responsibility was to make sure that the customer was satisfied with their experience at Macy's. I had to work the register and solicit credit. I also had to make sure the sales floor was neat and orderly. My management was very helpful when it came to hard things like promoting sales or getting them to open Macy's credit cards. This job enhanced my organizational and customer service skills. The most enjoyable aspect of working at Macy's was seeing the customer happy with their purchase.

About Macy's

The nation's #1 department store chain has adopted the name of its most famous brand and cash cow: Macy's. Macy's, Inc. operates – Read more

Macy's Salaries