Macy's
8,878 reviews

Macy's Employee Reviews

daily experience in the retail and fashion environment
Michael Kors Specialist (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 19, 2015
Pros: schedule flexibility, great discount, work environment that doubles as shopping environment
Cons: lack of autonomy, role enmeshment, too many programs to suggest to customers
It is a good place to work. It will provide valuable experience to persons' looking to gain experience within the fashion and retail environment. There is flexibility with the work schedule, therefore associates can balance personal life and work life. The coworkers I have at Macys are now considered my friends. They are great people. We rely on each other to get through the bad days and make the good days better. The hardest part of working at macys is their is little autonomy. Also, their is a lot of things being implemented that an associate has to remember and is judged on. Lastly, it is difficult to manage giving superb customer service as an associate should along with having to do the duties of other departments such as support. The most enjoyable part of the job is growing your sense of fashion, meeting new people, and making someone's day with good customer service.
okay
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Farmington, CTMay 19, 2015
Pros: discounts, benefits, flexible
Cons: low pay
great flexible schedules and great benefits.
good co workers, and management are okay
low pay and they expect too much.
Ok place to work for part time work.
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 19, 2015
Pros: Some work flexibilty
Cons: Favortism
Typical work day consisted of prepping and cooking food. Everyone was a team player. Management was just ok. Hardest part was not having product available on several occasions. Most enjoyable part was the fact that "I love what I do."
Enjoyable and productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Fun work environment
Cons: No cost of living raises.
Assisting customers in finding fun fashion and fine jewelry for a special someone, occasion or themselves. Fitting their desires, tastes and needs in finding the perfect piece or pieces to put together that perfect ensemble. I learned to sense the customers style combined with what I observed and heard. Management was supportive in increasing sales and opening credit accounts. The hardest part, there wasn't any. The most enjoyable was making the customers really happy with their selections, especially when they came back to thank me for helping them and what a success their choice was.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), CommackMay 19, 2015
Pros: friendly people, nice manager
Cons: short breaks
I believe that Macy's was a good experience for me. It was a part time job while I was attending college at the time. I learned to be responsible and attentive to the deadlines and tasks and I succeeded all my duties. My co-workers were friendly, I say that would be the most enjoyable part of the job.
ehhhh
Sales associate (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Flexibility, coworkers, a lot of freedom
Cons: Compensation is trash
I really don't know what to give them, BUT the best thing about working at macy's is the flexibility. You can choose the days you can work and the shift. If you can't work on a certain day, you can advertise that shift and someone usually always picks it up. Only good for someone who is a student and just wants some extra cash in their pocket.
It is a job
Security (Current Employee), HoustonMay 19, 2015
Pros: I had a great manager and super
Cons: low pay dead end job
I am/was a asset protection officer at a distribution center. It was a job, not a lot more to say about it unfortunately. If you stick around for 30 years you might advance but most people wont stay here that long since its a part time spot making "ok" money, for part time any way.

Nothing really great or really bad about it to be honest, just show up work and go home.
Great environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burbank, CAMay 18, 2015
I was able to choose the schedule that was good for me and my family, I would arrive and e welcome by the other associates with smiles all ready for the day. Management was always available when you had any questions or concerns and more than happy to help you, Customer service always has so job earning moments but with the support of everyone the day passes by.
good job
Stock inventory associate (Former Employee), Westbury, NYMay 18, 2015
was a very fast paced job, i enjoyed working here. it was a a very easy job Macy's is a very busy environment so even on a slow day you will never bored
Great place for work
Support Team Member (Former Employee), Joliet, ILMay 18, 2015
I enjoyed this job very much aside from my pay. The co-workers treated everyone fairly and showed appreciation towards all co-workers and bosses.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Glen Burnie, MDMay 18, 2015
I really loved working at Macy's everyone was helpful and very easy to get along with. It was the easiest job I ever has the customers were excellent and the other employees were kind and always willing to help when you were in need.
Productive and learning experience
Sales Associate (seasonal) (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAMay 18, 2015
Sales associate, fitting room attendant
Rang for customers, attended fitting rooms, recovered and maintained sales floor, placed merchandise onto sales racks, and provided customer service
timely and non stop upbeat places
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 18, 2015
Pros: BEING APART OF A MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR COMPANY THAT CONTINUES TO GROW
Cons: LIMITED DISCOUNT, NO LONG TERM HEALTH BENEFITS AND PAY RATES
WHILE HERE I GAINED MORE COMMUNICATION SKILLS. HERE YOUR ALWAYS IN A ONE ON ONE WITH CUSTOMERS AND ITS ALLOWS YOU TO ACTUALLY SEE WHAT THEY LIKE AND HAVE THAT TRUE CONNECTION WITH THEM SUGGESTIONS AND FEED BACK FROM THE CUSTOMER IS WHAT THE COMPANY REALLY WANTS IN ORDER TO CONTINUE TO HAVE THE RIGHT PRODUCT TO CONTINUE TO STAY IN BUSINESS
non
House keeping (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 18, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: non
enjoy working there get the chance to better my skills in the building maintenace dempartment..good fun envorinment frendly co-workers management was good pay was ok.
Fun place to work if you're into fashion
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Livingston, NJMay 18, 2015
Pros: discounts on items
Cons: Medical benefits
Busy and slow work days all depending on daily the number of customers shoping in the store.
I've learnt good customer services here. Management could have been better. I've met some great co-workers.
Hardest job was cleaning the fitting rooms.
The most enjoyable part is getting your employee discount on top of the sale prices.
Macy's
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLMay 18, 2015
Macy's was a good company to work for but there were some things i did not approve of. they were unOrganize in the excutive office.
fun and easy going workplace
Loss Prevention Detective (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 18, 2015
Cons: hours
Hours were not the best and most high end managers just seem to care about their bonuses and how they look. Advancement seems to take longer than expected. Underpay employees.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Springfield, MAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Great Management / Great Workplace
Cons: Advancement
Great Store, Great Brands very welcoming management was excellent to work with. Helped me develop my sales and service techniques.
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Good discount on purchases
Cons: long break when you work 8 hours
Good company to work for and very friendly co-workers.your purchases at a discount.I had lot of fun shopping.standing on your feet for a very long was very hard sometimes.
what ive learned
Recovery associate (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 17, 2015
horrible place to work. very unprofessional. not satisfied with the treatment given to employees. unfair treatment. a little bit of favortism

About Macy's

The nation's #1 department store chain has adopted the name of its most famous brand and cash cow: Macy's. Macy's, Inc. operates – Read more

Macy's Salaries