Macy's
6,353 reviews

Macy's Employer Reviews

Great Place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 20, 2014
Really great atmosphere very fast pace and sale quotas. The schedules are not very great, but if you don't mind retail hours then this a great place to work.
This company is extremely customer focus
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mesa, Scottsdale ArizonaJuly 20, 2014
Pros: provides lunches during store events & big sale days, rewards with macy's money & gift cards for customer satisfaction and credit solicitation
Cons: pay wages and increases are poor for the amount of work and expectations of the job, not enough associate support during peek sales days
I enjoy the fast pace, high energy customer interaction. I thoroughly appreciate the fact that Macy's empowers each associate the authority to make ANY decision it takes to give the customers in-store experience a satisfying and trouble free transaction from beginning to end,
A good company to work for
Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee), Twin Falls, IDJuly 20, 2014
While every job has its ups and downs, Macys as a whole was a great company to work for. Supervisors would have your back if you were right and let you know if you were not. cant really ask for more than that. Pay was very competitive. Most of the management was very professional. Good training opportunities. If I would have been able to relocated to – more... a larger market the opportunities for advancement would have been great. – less
I would recommend Macy's as a great place to work
Commission Furniture Sales (Former Employee), Concord Mall, Wilmington DelawareJuly 20, 2014
Pros: ability to schedule your time and switch when needed.
Cons: working longer than mall hours.
Macy's allows freedom for life outside work while maintaining a very positive work environment. Macy's believes in servicing the customer and giving the employee empowerment to do so.
High Octane environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: possibilities seem end less to advance.
Cons: with all the possible advancement, managers move around a lot.
This is the first big retail business I have worked for. And at first it was a little bit intimidating. Weekend sales were over whelming and filled with customers. As the weekends past, I confided with seasoned vets of womens shoes and came out with a game plan. Now that I know what to expect, it's more of a challenge.
Fun coworkers, got along very well.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Garden City, NYJuly 19, 2014
Pros: working with customers.
Cons: long hours during holiday season.
I enjoy interacting with customers. I catch on quickly. I am willing to take others under my wing and show them the ropes.
this was a seasonal job, but i got a lot experience as a customer service
Seasonal Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJJuly 19, 2014
every day was a busy day, do to lot of holiday orders to satisfy customers request.
management was excellent
teamwork was a priority
I really enjoyed working at this temporary job.
good relationship with my co-workers
30% off Michael Kors bags
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 19, 2014
Pros: worked with michael kors
Cons: some of the co-workers were not so welcoming.
-It was by the entrance where I worked on the busiest portions of Macy's, the center core. It was always busy and kept me going. People from different states and countries visit and you helped them pick and choose according to their preferences.
-I learned to work at a really fast pace and always have a smile on.
-The management was friendly however – more... strict as well. They always kept a check on you and that kept you going. They were very helpful especially when I was new.
-Co-workers were nice, some however were a little more difficult to be acquaintance with. That was okay, since I was busy all the time.
-The hardest part of the job was probably remembering where the new merchandise was stored after inventory especially since you have to work so quickly and you are helping more than one person at once.
-The most enjoyable part was being able to meet people from different cultures and countries. – less
fast paced, very fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), milford CTJuly 19, 2014
Pros: be hands on with customers
Cons: manger was never around to assist
taught how to sell and product knowladge. was in charge of having a client based job of helping find the right fit for me
Typical Retail Job
Visual Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 19, 2014
A typical retail corporate setting. Some really great mentors and employees, while others were lacking in dedication to the work.
fun and respectful
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fairview Heights, ILJuly 19, 2014
Pros: give good breaks between work hours and flexible schedule
Cons: not many hours
I loved this job. Friendly co-workers. Working here, I learned how to step out of my comfort zone to reach my sales goal. My most enjoyable part of this job were my co-workers. I do miss the environment and vibe.
An alright place if you're looking for seasonal
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Peabody, MAJuly 19, 2014
It was a job, not much else to it. If you wanted the employee discount you needed to apply for a credit card. Hours were set and were like pulling teeth to change.
Productive and enjoyable
Signing Associate (Current Employee), Gurnee, ILJuly 18, 2014
A very free flowing and fast paced job...
Learned how to use pda scanner, macys portal, etc...
Friendly environment.
I loved working at this macys
overnight processor (Former Employee), Manhattan Beach, CAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: managment was awesome
Cons: only was christmas help
This macys was how people should be treated, they cared about the store and you.
Lots of extra hours
Sales Associate - Part Time (Former Employee), Valley Stream, NYJuly 18, 2014
Macy's gives you a great schedule you could work with and a chance to advance within company
friendly, fast paced, but not much room for advancements
Retail Sales Associate, (Seasonal) (Former Employee), hill top mall richmond caJuly 18, 2014
A typical day at work here would be managing registers and hourly sales. Also cleanliness of department and customer satisfaction. All employees are very friendly and greet each customer. hardest part of the job would be convincing customers to open credit accounts.
Fun Atmosphere
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Livingston, NJJuly 18, 2014
Pros: mall and store discounts
Cons: standing on your feet for hours
A typical day includes either opening or closing the registar. Helping customers with there purchases. Keeping the surrounding area tidy and handling the fitting room. My co-workers were a joy to work with. The most enjoyable part of the day is having satisfied customers.
Good work place
Galleria Mall - Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee), Cheektoaga,NYJuly 18, 2014
Fun workplace. I had the opportunity to provide star service to all of my customers. I learned to work in a fast paced environment.
lot of fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: great people
If I had not gone into the Army I would like to have retired form there
fast paced
Womens Shoes (Former Employee), san diego caJuly 18, 2014
learned macys products, ways of selling, diverse co workers, fun and easy going.