Macy's Employee Reviews

Found 10,723 reviews matching the search
Productive and fun place to work.
Assist Clients (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Good Company to work for, I had a good experience with all my managers. As long as you have good work ethics, you can enjoy each day at work. I learned to work with a diverse number of people. Got along with everyone I worked and met. The hardest part of the job is being on your feet for long hours. I only worked part time and enjoyed my short shifts. I really felt like being part of a family. I got the opportunity to work all around the store and got to make many friends. I felt at home.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Low pay
people person
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLFebruary 3, 2016
not busy very clam meet my goal helping people feel about there self before the came in leaving with a smile co workers very helpful when assistants Is need learned the cashier customers how to help different kind of people everyone treated with kindness
A Day At Work
Seasonal Packer (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVFebruary 3, 2016
Overall was a great job. Had great coworkers and trainers that made sure I was comfortable with my job. A day at work started with a meeting and then stretching to get ready for the day ahead. The days were usually fast paced and busy, which was nice. On days that we weren't busy, they placed us in other departments to learn, or we restocked our work areas.
Pros
decent pay great coworkers
great incentives closing soon
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGEMENT TEAM (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOFebruary 2, 2016
This was an awesome job with great incentives. They treated their employees so well. They will be closing soon. Im not sure they will be looking to hire anyone.
Pros
Great incentives
Cons
closing soon
Productive work place
Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 2, 2016
Being an employee at Macys is very enjoyable, productive and educating job. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people from all parts of the world and learning the different styles of clothing they like to wear. My co-workers and mangers are very friendly and make the work day very fun and productive with their amazing attitudes.
Macys work environment
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 2, 2016
I learned that you always want to make a lasting impression on the customer, make sure they leave feeling better then when they came into the store.
It provided sales experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOFebruary 2, 2016
Inbound call center for Macy's and Bloomingdale's, allowing me provides sales and customers service to current and potential customers.
Pros
They pay weekly
Cons
Too much playing around
great management, felt heard
Fine Jewelry Commissioned Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 2, 2016
Everyone is acknowledged. They have programs to move you forward in the company if you're interested. I had 2 managers in my time there and I liked them both.
Productive and fun place to work in
Women's Shoe Associate (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHFebruary 2, 2016
A typical day at Macy's it always started off slow but then picked up and stayed that way throughout the whole day. Everybody was always in a good mood. I Learned to have patience while assisting customers and learned a lot about each product. Management was great,they always did their best to work with your schedule and to help. All my co-workers were and are awesome. Everybody is friendly. The hardest thing about my job was to open store credits for customers. I really enjoyed working in the fragrance/ cosmetic and shoe department. I learned a lot.
Pros
20 min breaks, 20% discount
Cons
30 minute lunch breaks
Laid back work place
Sales (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 2, 2016
A typical day at work was, come in on time, clock in, find out where scheduled to work. Help customers find what they were looking for and suggest other items to go with dress, suit etc. clear dressing rooms and return merchandise to proper location. Everyone easy to work with. Usually able to take a break when needed. Management was helpful with balancing work schedule. The hardest part of the job was leaving, because we were never done returning merchandise to their rightful place and I felt bad leaving so much undone for my co-workers to finish. The most enjoyable part of the job was the look on the guests' face when I showed them just what they were searching for!
Pros
Cons
compensation
Good place to work.
SYSTEMS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAFebruary 2, 2016
Great work/life balance and compensation but lots of red tape in order to get work completed and installed.
Unlimited learning opportunities thanks to web based training.
Co workers are great.
Harderst part fo the job: Production turnover process is very slow with excessive repetition in turnover documentation.
Most enjoyable part of the job: The support received from co workers when needed is excellent.
Pros
Generous with compensation and PTO
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities
Store Closed Down
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 2, 2016
This store is no longer open. It was closed down about a year ago. Macy reduces a number of stores. Before closing giving a minimum of 10 to 15 hours for each employee.
Fun and diverse workplace
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 2, 2016
A typical day was meeting new people . Helping customers with all customer service needs.Co workers were very nice to work with. Staff always went above and beyond.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
working long hours
Pros and Cons
Cosmetic Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAFebruary 1, 2016
I love my co-workers and they make my job more fun. I love being knowledgeable with new products and learning new things everyday. I've definitely learned many things working here for a couple of months. Management isn't the greatest and they don't care about their employees. They don't appreciate the hard work we employees do. Overall, I believe that this job was a great stepping stone for me in order to start my career in the cosmetic industry.
great seasonal job
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pineville, NCFebruary 1, 2016
Great fast pace job, can get a little hectic around Christmas time and black friday but overall a great job. You must wear all black or your outer most layer has to be black and small pinstripes are acceptable.. The hardest part of the job was really just having the patients to deal with customers that are trying to haggle with you for a cheaper price and soliciting credit is just awkward and uncomfortable for both sales associate and the customer. Most enjoyable part was that they let you be independent but were always there or around when you needed some assistance.
Pros
independence and reliability
Cons
understanding and explain how all discounts and coupons worked
Great
Ringer (Former Employee) –  ArrowheadFebruary 1, 2016
Busy. Great infastruce. Nice people nicer clothes. Fantastic. Theirs really not much more I can put in this review. I worked seasonal. Blah
What a wonderful place to work
Cash Office Associate/Gift Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYFebruary 1, 2016
I enjoyed working there and enjoyed the employee's. I gave it my all and it was just a fun place to work. I learned a lot about the cash office and how the money worked throughout the store. I really like being creative so I enjoyed the gift wrap department too.
Pros
Everything about the company is great and there is plenty of room for advancement.
Cons
Don't see any cons
Productive and fun work place
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAFebruary 1, 2016
I had the opportunity to work with some amazing people back at Macys. I was also able to take the time and learn more and more about how to give proper customer service.
Lots of loyal customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  ‘Aiea, HIFebruary 1, 2016
Very busy at all times, always places to clean and keep tidy. I learned how to resize watches, i learned different brands of handbags and the significance of each type and brand. Management was pretty much all over the place. Co-workers were awesome always there to lend a hand and always smiling.
not my cup of tea
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 1, 2016
A typical day is standing on your feet all day, no sort of compensation or benefits. Retail is not something that I enjoy doing it can be very stressful at times and also very time consuming.