Macy's
9,536 reviews

Macy's Employee Reviews

LOVE IT
merchandiser/ LP (Former Employee), ChicagoJuly 27, 2015
Macys, is full of energy, The employees are extremely friendly and helpful. smiles remain on their faces all day and it felt great to be apart on the Macy's team.
works schedules are very minimal specially if you are on an on call basis. employment process/recruitment not so well defined.
Retail Stock Receiving Associate (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJJuly 27, 2015
Pros: additional employee discount on store purchases
Cons: minimal work hours, short breaks, too heavy work/
Given only very minimal work schedule as i am new to the company and my status is not regular. Guidelines on work scheduling is not transparent to employees. The job requires a lot of manual/heavy labor. The company though practice diversity and give additional discount to its employees.
very safe environment but not many hours to work
ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2015
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: not enough hours
Macy's has many different departments. My department is pricing. normally I come in and grab the utensils i need for the day.I get assigned a team leader and then i depart with my team to start scanning clothes. We normally scan until 11 am. from 10-11 we also help costumers. management is pretty lenient and understanding. the environment is safe and comfortable. The hardest thing abut my job is that its so easy to get bored, tired and uninterested. Its also hard to adjust because work hours are not very frequent. Some weeks we may not work at all and others we may have 3,4, or 5 days.
Furniture and Bedding Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Waldorf MarylandJuly 26, 2015
Macys is a great place to work, I have the honor of meeting lots of people everyday and help them choose the best mattress, rug and or furniture that best meets their desires. I also enjoy the staff and the management teams at Macys, they are some of the best people that I have ever worked for since being in retail sales.
Very slow long drawn out shifts
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Experience in retail
Cons: Hard labor, unappreciated
I got promoted from a seasonal worker to full time and worked very hard. I guess because I was the only guy there I had to do all the heavy stuff. The manager wouldn't even give me the chance to advance.
Great place to work in
Administrative Support Team (Current Employee), Northridge, CAJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Growth and Development of interpersonal skills
Cons: salary
Macy's is a great place to work in because it allows you to grow as a person, while giving you the opportunity explore different positions. The environment there is very warm and welcoming, especially when you get the chance to meet and interact with different employees. It is a perfect place to get experience dealing with customer service, as well as the chance to be a part of all the support team and everything that happens in the background. In the office it can get pretty busy with all the dead lines approaching for certain things and some interruptions or complications that may arise, but it makes the day go by faster. It really is a place to learn how to deal with different situations and learn to make decisions on your own.
Little pay for hard work
Retail Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Hours
Cons: Little pay and Poor Management
The managers are no where to be found when you need them to the floor. Minimum wage for so much work. Hours are OK just need to be quick when trying to get more hours.
merchandising
Co- manager and Merchandiser (Former Employee), DULUTH, gaJuly 26, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: no breaks, no good pay
great fast paced work. Satisfactory pay. equal opportunity. room to grow. Management teaches you what you need to know. great hours. flex schedules.
call center
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Erie, PAJuly 26, 2015
call center work at dial America was difficult a lot of disrespectful customers also they changed managers a lot there too. great pay a lot of hours to pick up and fun times also
great place
Sales associate (Former Employee), Kenner, LAJuly 25, 2015
productive and fun place to work. the management is great and the job has great benefits. The hardest part is meeting your sells goal.
Fun place to work, very flexible scheduling system.
Clinique Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Gratis
Cons: Short breaks
Our day is always filled with fun.I learned a lot about making great connections with all guests.Building relationships is my passion. Management is great, they always see to it that we are happy. My co-workers are wonderful people. All ages and different cultures amazes me. The most enjoyable is helping clients find the right product that they needed.
Productive and fun workplace
Duties- Restock and recover sales floor (Former Employee), Burlington, MAJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Good sized breaks, excellent work environment
Good place to work managers were very understanding and helpful in easing into getting to know job tasks. There was not a shortage of work to be done so it was not difficult to keep busy.
Productive and fun place
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 24, 2015
This is an amazing place to work. There is a lot to learn but the people who have been there are willing to help. They work well with outside life of Macys. The co-workers are nice and easy to get along with. The customers are amazing because everyone is different. The hardest part would be learning how to bring in the reward accounts because its a lot to learn when it comes to the benefits and learning your grove to get people to get a Macys account.
Co-workers are the best part of the job.
Salesperson (Former Employee), Barboursville, WVJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Co-Workers are a very diverse group, supportive, fun and talented in many ways other than sales.
Cons: Must stand, walk the whole shift, elimination of some positions adds duties to salespeople, less time to spend on customers.
Macy's is great for college-age part-timers. Very up-beat atmosphere. Good place for corporate beginners. Can be hard to adjust to constantly varying shifts if you are used to a regular work day.
An enviroment to utilize customer service and develope skills for sales.
Sales Rep Fragrance (Former Employee), citrus heights , caJuly 24, 2015
Pros: spiffs, goals to where they give you back money, manage your own schedule.
Cons: part time, the pay was minimum for the service we provided
A cooperation where you were able to adapt smoothly into become a sales consultant, learn basic touches of sales like how to engage and be able to sell without being aggressive. Maximizing every sale with the right customer service and satisfy the customers needs.
customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 24, 2015
Macys was a great seasonal job! Flexible schedules was a plus. I love interacting the customers. Helping them wit last minutes shopping, around the busy holiday seasonal.
fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Plantation, FLJuly 24, 2015
Fun to work in the juniors department. Easy job to get and easy to keep. Friendly employees. Sometimes not enough people are put on the schedule. Can be very hard to manage.
unenjoyable
Sale Representative (Former Employee), Brandon, FLJuly 24, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: standing
I Enjoyed the customers and employees and i did not like that they were always calling me on my days off as i was part time when i worked at this job
Great Place to Work
Cosmetics and Fragrance Sales Associate (Current Employee), Decatur, GAJuly 23, 2015
Learning how to create a wonderful environment for the customer, even through shopping is helping me to prepare how to work with people.
FUn work place
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Merritt Island, FLJuly 23, 2015
I really enjoyed working here, I would start work at 7 but usually did not get enough hours, It was more around 20 hours when i needed 40

About Macy's

Macy's, Inc., with corporate offices in Cincinnati and New York, is one of the US's premier retailers, with fiscal 2014 sales – Read more

Macy's Salaries