Macy's

9.8K reviews

Macy's Employee Reviews

is a nice place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), west covinaAugust 24, 2015
is a nice place to work good people management is very respectful to there employee's, customers are nice and reasonable over all a good work environment.
fun workplace
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAAugust 23, 2015
Overall i enjoyed my experience. Mainly worked with adults, how refreshing. very simple job, but slow at times. i come from high paced jobs so it became boring at times.
temps arent treated like employees
Seasonal Temp (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 23, 2015
Pros: commission sales
Cons: nobody welcomes you to the team
macys treat their customers great, their regular employees great, seasonal employees aren't really welcomed by regular employees they are very rude and bossy. management really favors you if you've worked there already. no support, not welcoming, and I would never work nor shop there ever.
Great learning experience
Sales Rep (Former Employee), ChicagoAugust 23, 2015
While working here, I really learned how to read people. I got to realize when a customer wasn't having a good day or was having a great one. Working at this company made me understand people more.
Job From Hades
Cashier and Shoe Salesperson (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Wonderful coworkers, a discount (maybe)
Cons: Everything
I learned great interpersonal skills, how to learn and think quickly on my feet, organized efficiency, and how to work a different operating system (along with other methods of technology). I would say the most enjoyable part of the job has been my co-workers. Other than that, this place pays the absolute minimum wage, makes no effort in supporting or caring about its employees (the corporation), you get a quarter raise depending on how you rate as a sales representative, there's barely any commission to noticed within the paycheck itself, there is continued pressure within the work place (and they are never satisfied, even if you manage to fulfill all the goals in one day), and they keep tabs on you like you're a child. Oh, and they force you to open a Macy's account as part of the "application" process. Basically, you're lucky if you can keep your sanity and not turn into a raging alcoholic. You're luckier if you've found another job to replace this one and never have to come back.
ordering
Temporary Holiday help - Seasonal Order taking (Former Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 22, 2015
Pros: good place to work
Cons: seasonal
Temporary Holiday help ( seasonal )Assisting customers with
all online Macy’s and Bloomingdale orders, advancing gift cards and credit card holders. Problem
solving issues with gift cards and charge cards. Answering inbound calls for Holiday purchases and
returns.
Management and staff had an interactive relationship
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Peoria, ILAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Interacting with customers
Cons: none
- Receive/greet customers.
- Assist with customer requests.
- Provide a positive experience.
- Process financial transactions.
- Setting displays, providing for an appealing shopping experience.
- Safety of the customers
HORRIBLE!
Sales Manager (Former Employee), New JerseyAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Sales
Cons: Abusive management and customers
Although the company is OK, the management varies store to store and in New Jersey just HORRIBLE. Expected to do the job of multiple people, felt like an associate, cleaning person, etc. Too much expectations for little compensation. NO RECOGNITION. Management always negative.
productive workplace
Merchandiser (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Santa Maria, CAAugust 22, 2015
It helps me how to manage my time and deal to every different people. be patience and do costumer service as a priority. Good workplace that I am able to grow and learn.
It was a good working environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 22, 2015
Pros: They have a good break policy.
Cons: Dont give out many hours
The store managers are very nice, and are always there to assist you. The environment is very friendly. I really enjoy working alongside with my co-workers. It gets very busy during weekends and holidays.
Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAAugust 22, 2015
I didn't work there for very long, good thing about this job is discounts. They were very welcoming and friendly. Great management
Recovery/Retail Cashier
Retail Cashier/ Recovery (Former Employee), ManassasAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Excellent teamwork
Cons: seasonal job only
inventory, counted cash in drawer, collect cash at end of shift to drop off at designated area so company could take to bank the next day, organized fitting rooms, folded clothes during the Holiday Seasonal time.
Burdines / Macy's
Assistant Loss Prevention Supervisor (Current Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Burdines - Everything
Cons: Macy's - Everything
Loved everything about the Burdines years. It was a small company and everyone was down to earth. Policies were good and no politics were involved. Once Macy's took over, everything changed
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Downey, CAAugust 21, 2015
working at Macy's was great i got to experience working on the cashier, got more experience in customer service and it helped to to keep a great schedule for school.
Productive workplace
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLAugust 21, 2015
My job included working with customers on their credit accounts. I enjoyed the sorting of mail also. There wasn't much interaction with co-workers except on my break. I loved helping customers with their questions about their accounts and if I couldn't help them there was always my supervisor to help them.
fun place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAAugust 21, 2015
Pros: fun to work
Cons: wages
this was my first job, loved it, i worked in fragrances and was on and off in cosmetics, great support from management, co workers helped eachother, can get hectic around holiday time but it is still fun and exciting and fast paced, had a great experience
ok
Manager (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAAugust 21, 2015
This is an ok company to work for. Pay is low you have to fight for what you want because they are cheap! Macy's will have you do someone eles job for more that 3 months and when you ask for a raise it's a problem.
Dias productivos de mucho trabajo y de organizar constantemente el departamento.
Asociado de ventas (Former Employee), San Juan, PRAugust 21, 2015
Cuadre de caja registradora, diferentes transacciones que incluían cobro, devoluciones, pagos de tarjeta de crédito, etc. Aprendi amanejar la caja registradora,a lidiar con distintos tipos de clientes. La parte mas fuerte del trabajo era complacer a todos los clientes al mismo tiempo ya que demanda mucho de los asociados y hay que saber manejarlos.
Great!
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 20, 2015
I have positive interactions with my co-workers and I believe Macy's is a good company to work for. By working via commission it allows you to set goals in order to increase the amount of funds you earn.
stressful and not worth the pay
Customer Service Rep. and Admin/Clerical Assist. (Former Employee), City of Industry, CAAugust 20, 2015
Pros: moving up within the company and learning
Cons: leaving
Fast past environment....office politics, female drama of course can never be avoided. high volume calls... learned how to deal with VIP customers and assist management to understand the logistics of the company. Supervisor was the best and taught me so much and from my understanding she is no longer there. Macy's/Bloomingdales over charges for their furniture and even tries to sneak out used /returned merchandise back to their customers. They even send out refurbished furniture and bedding to save a buck so they don't have to pay the manufactures back. Merchandise is over priced and yet they barley pay their employees the minimum wage and don't offer full time positions so they can't get away from paying benefits.
Headquarters