8,105 reviews

Macy's Employer Reviews

Expeditor/Sales Support (Current Employee), MichiganFebruary 21, 2015
I have been employed with Macy's for over 2 years. I enjoy working for the company. I would suggest that Macy's pay more. I only work part time.
Fun Work
Associate (Former Employee), CapitolaFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: comfy breakroom
Macys is a fun place to work. The other employees and managers are very nice and super helpful! The break room is nice as well with tv and couch and a refrigerator to store your food in.
Macy's values customer Service
Cashier (Former Employee), Sherman Oaks, CAFebruary 21, 2015
A beautiful work place filled with great employees.I love helping people everday selling merchandise.hardest part was opening credit for customer's nobody wanted credit cards the managment would push us to get customer's to open credit.
MACY'S
Supervisor/Trainer (Former Employee), New YorkFebruary 21, 2015
Macy's is a very professional company to work for. The culture of the bank supports diversity. Macy's has many platforms to share your ideas and opinions.
Great place
Salesperson, Cashier, Stock and Inventory (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MiFebruary 21, 2015
Great company to work for. I would work for them at any time in the near future. I enjoy shopping so Macy's was a good fit.I enjoy helping customers.
Doesn't offer many hours
Inventory and stock merchandise on the sales floor (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLFebruary 21, 2015
I'm part time and part time is only guaranteed 12 hours a week. My schedule is constantly changing and at the last minute. I have to have at least 25 hours in order to keep my benefits, but I don't get that, so my insurance is always being cancelled.
Good co-workers
Sales clerk (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: two fifteen minute breaks with a forty-five minute lunch.
Cons: very little hours with no benefits.
Give customer service, ask questions so that you can get a idea of what the customers are looking for, give advice on the colors and styles go well together , and give the customers product knowledge. I have learned how to listen to customers, how to handle mad customers, and how to service many customers at once. Management has empowered the associates with the ability to do whatever we have to make the customer happy. I really like my co-works we all get along and make work fun. The job is not really that hard, I guess the hardest thing would be being able to give customer service to every customer when it is very busy. The most enjoyable part of the job is my co-workers.
Good, professional retail environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAFebruary 20, 2015
The Macy's branch I worked for cared very much about customer service and appealing to the average consumer. The bar in terms of professionalism is set very high compared to many other Macy's I've been to/ A typical day of work consisted on helping customers with whatever their shoes needs were (worked in Women's Shoes department). From grabbing different shoe sizes to dealing with returns/exchanges, it was all about what we, sales associates, could do to make your day MAGICal. Learned how to deal with customers of all ages and all personality types, from the sweet and friendly to the ones that make you question why you get into retail in the first place. Co workers were very warm and inviting and created a comfortable work environment for me The hardest part of the job is dealing with multiple customers who all require several needs, ex. 4 customers who ask for several pairs of shoes in several sizes; I am only one person and I only have two arms. Most enjoyable part of the job was definitely helping customers who understand that retail life isn't easy and make an effort to make my job easier by being polite or just thank me for helping them.
Rude Supervisor
Seasonal (Former Employee), Humble, TXFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: meet new people and learned something new
Cons: horrible supervisor
3 different times I showed up at work at the time I was schedule only to have to sit in parking lot and wait almost an hour for people to show up bc I wasn't informed of schedule change and all I ever got was I will remembering it next time.
small office with little staff but a lot of responsiblities
Origins Cosmetic Counter Manager (Former Employee), Brea, CAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: fast paced, always something to do
Cons: holilday hours
Each day was a basically the same. Running morning reports and prepping for whatever sr management needed. Answered phones and dealt with customers as well as acting as a liaison for the employees. I enjoyed the interaction with the employees as part of our HR duties.
Day in the life of retail
Cosmetic Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Roseville, CAFebruary 20, 2015
While working at macy's I learned how to interact with all different kinds of people! I loved the atmosphere of the galleria and of the customers at Benefit! I didn't agree with my management at all! I feel like they were very unfair.
customers having too much power
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Norwalk, CAFebruary 20, 2015
taking care of customers more than there own employees. its also very flexible job, it helps me work my schedule around my classes.
The job was fun with nice perks
Flex Team (Former Employee), Taylor, MIFebruary 20, 2015
Besides waking up at 6am some days I enjoyed working at Macy's, I stayed busy and always shopping there as well. I normally would come in the morning and put new clothes out, or rearrange floors. I worked along two other people.
ALWAYS HAD GREAT SUPPORT
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dadeland Mall Kendall, FLFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: flexibility with my hours of college
Cons: closed very late for employees to stay longer
I always had great support with the managers there and the co-workers were encouraged to give each other a hand. I learned to multi-task and the respect given as a sales associate was wonderful.
Unreliable schedule but great co-workers and leads
On-Call Seasonal Merchandiser (Former Employee), Dededo, GUFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: fun co-workers, engagement events
Cons: no health or dental benefits for on-calls
I enjoyed working with the people in my team as well as the leadership. Most days I worked were stock replenishment and stock room reorganization. The most frustrating thing about the job was the unreliable schedule since hours depended on shipments which were unpredictable.
Good sales job
Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Troy, MIFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: employee discount, employee exclusive coupons, flexible schedule.
Cons: nights and weekends are usually a must, customers can be very fussy, store is often a mess and requires clothes to be neat and fitting rooms to be checked.
As a sales associate specialist, a little more will be required of you because you are a specialist. Overall, it's a good sales job with the holidays being the busiest season. As a specialist, you offer a more personalized sales experience to the customer and have the opportunity to build a clientele base with customers and you have more manager-like respect and privileges.
hard work
Men's Customer Service Specialist/Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 19, 2015
This is a retail job where you are expected to offer Macy's credit cards to every customer and to always be productive. You meet a lot of interesting people and make a lot of great connections.
Great, serious buyers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), PhiladelphiaFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: lunch break
Cons: huge department store, huge merchandising issues regularly
Working for Macy's was very exhausting but fun at the same time. Everybody were super nice and welcoming of me and the potential customers everyday.
Productive and good rewards.
Packing Associate (Former Employee), Martinsburg WVFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: sometimes they would give free lunches
Cons: very hot in the center
Productive place to work, when you do a good job they give these Macy bucks to get stuff in store. Very fast paced work . Management is ok. The hardest part of job is standing 12 hr. days. The best part of the job was my co-workers.
Vice President Store Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Spent time working with executive team. Walking the floor reviewing merchandising, recovery of floor and fixture placement. SPent time with the sales managers and associates while on the floor coaching and working on product knowledge and customer service. Spent time daily reviewing business what is working and not working. Putting together strategies to course correct opportunities and leverage wins. Work/Life balance was hard as it always is in retail. Favorite part of my job was any opportunity I had to coach and develop the team to grow and move on to bigger jobs through reviewing reports, supporting them on how to drive their business, helping them think outside the box when necessary.

About Macy's

The nation's #1 department store chain has adopted the name of its most famous brand and cash cow: Macy's. Macy's, Inc. operates – Read more