Macy's

9.8K reviews

Macy's Employee Reviews

It was a good working environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 22, 2015
Pros: They have a good break policy.
Cons: Dont give out many hours
The store managers are very nice, and are always there to assist you. The environment is very friendly. I really enjoy working alongside with my co-workers. It gets very busy during weekends and holidays.
Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAAugust 22, 2015
I didn't work there for very long, good thing about this job is discounts. They were very welcoming and friendly. Great management
Recovery/Retail Cashier
Retail Cashier/ Recovery (Former Employee), ManassasAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Excellent teamwork
Cons: seasonal job only
inventory, counted cash in drawer, collect cash at end of shift to drop off at designated area so company could take to bank the next day, organized fitting rooms, folded clothes during the Holiday Seasonal time.
Burdines / Macy's
Assistant Loss Prevention Supervisor (Current Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Burdines - Everything
Cons: Macy's - Everything
Loved everything about the Burdines years. It was a small company and everyone was down to earth. Policies were good and no politics were involved. Once Macy's took over, everything changed
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Downey, CAAugust 21, 2015
working at Macy's was great i got to experience working on the cashier, got more experience in customer service and it helped to to keep a great schedule for school.
Productive workplace
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLAugust 21, 2015
My job included working with customers on their credit accounts. I enjoyed the sorting of mail also. There wasn't much interaction with co-workers except on my break. I loved helping customers with their questions about their accounts and if I couldn't help them there was always my supervisor to help them.
fun place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAAugust 21, 2015
Pros: fun to work
Cons: wages
this was my first job, loved it, i worked in fragrances and was on and off in cosmetics, great support from management, co workers helped eachother, can get hectic around holiday time but it is still fun and exciting and fast paced, had a great experience
ok
Manager (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAAugust 21, 2015
This is an ok company to work for. Pay is low you have to fight for what you want because they are cheap! Macy's will have you do someone eles job for more that 3 months and when you ask for a raise it's a problem.
Dias productivos de mucho trabajo y de organizar constantemente el departamento.
Asociado de ventas (Former Employee), San Juan, PRAugust 21, 2015
Cuadre de caja registradora, diferentes transacciones que incluían cobro, devoluciones, pagos de tarjeta de crédito, etc. Aprendi amanejar la caja registradora,a lidiar con distintos tipos de clientes. La parte mas fuerte del trabajo era complacer a todos los clientes al mismo tiempo ya que demanda mucho de los asociados y hay que saber manejarlos.
Great!
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 20, 2015
I have positive interactions with my co-workers and I believe Macy's is a good company to work for. By working via commission it allows you to set goals in order to increase the amount of funds you earn.
stressful and not worth the pay
Customer Service Rep. and Admin/Clerical Assist. (Former Employee), City of Industry, CAAugust 20, 2015
Pros: moving up within the company and learning
Cons: leaving
Fast past environment....office politics, female drama of course can never be avoided. high volume calls... learned how to deal with VIP customers and assist management to understand the logistics of the company. Supervisor was the best and taught me so much and from my understanding she is no longer there. Macy's/Bloomingdales over charges for their furniture and even tries to sneak out used /returned merchandise back to their customers. They even send out refurbished furniture and bedding to save a buck so they don't have to pay the manufactures back. Merchandise is over priced and yet they barley pay their employees the minimum wage and don't offer full time positions so they can't get away from paying benefits.
Nice
Shoe Expeditor (Current Employee), Deptford, NJAugust 20, 2015
MAcy's was a very fun, loving place to work. The managers were great. I really miss working there. I would go back if I had to. just wish they paid more.
Macy's is a well-established Retail business!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee), Queens, NYAugust 20, 2015
I've worked with the company as a part-time employee, aside my fulltime job as an educator in a classroom settings.
I like the flexibility it offers with the employees with regards to scheduling and other services that they offered that is done through the internet.
The company is one of a reputable retail company, that is standing strong and has good opportunities to offer to it's employees with regards to advancement and great benefits for long-term employees they hired.
I worked as a seasonal employees, and enjoyed working with my colleagues and managers. It is a family of well-trained employees, ready to served the customers and fellow employees with satisfaction!
Fast paced and challenging
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), El Cajon, CAAugust 20, 2015
Working at Macy's was a challenge. I like challenges. When working in Sales, you have to sale the clothes and also, get customers to do a credit application. I loved working at Macy's. I wish they could have givin me more hours.
worst customer service place
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYAugust 20, 2015
this is not a good place to work they treat there employees like trash. All they care about is the customer and thats it, management needs to replaced and corporate officials need to work as sales associates and team members behind the scene to see what we all go through
over all okay place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Bay Shore, NYAugust 20, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: short staff
If you like working with people and, your a team player this is the job for you. not everyone if a team player so be ready to pull your weight.
Busy, Exciting and Interesting
Merchandiser (Former Employee), OAK BROOK CENTERAugust 20, 2015
Every day was different when your interacting with different people every day. Which was awesome because i love helping people and providing them with the customer services that they need. with being a Customer server, Merchandiser, sales clerk my work activity changed on a day to day basis. .. i would perform general stock and inventory duties. tracking, pricing, organizing sales floors etc.... working in teams are awesome too.
Productive and motivated team.
Support Team member (Former Employee), Albany,NYAugust 20, 2015
Macys is a very good place to work, if you are a college student or are in the cosmetic field. You can gain a lot of experience,and meet a plethora of people.
I truly enjoy giving good customer service!
Sales Associate Macy's (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 19, 2015
I think the best thing about working as a sales associate at Macy's (besides the discounts) was being able to take care of & please the customers to the best of my ability.
A good part time job during school.
Sales Associate (Jewelry Department) (Former Employee), West Hartford, CTAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: short unpaid breaks, not much to do during slow times
I showed and sold fine jewelry and watches.

The management team was always willing to help you in anyway possible.

The most enjoyable part of this job was learning about the products you were selling and when you helped the guest find exactly what they wanted.

The hardest part about this job was meeting sales goals on really slow days.
Headquarters