Macy's
6,752 reviews

Macy's Employer Reviews

To work at Macy's
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Arcadia, CASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: making connections and seeing your customer happy when they leave.
Cons: management, communication with team members and the job culture.
Working at Macy's you learn the ropes of the retail business.I learned a lot about certain products while working here. Such as the difference between cotton sheets and sateen sheets, the knowledge of stainless steel 18/10 flatware, non stick versus stainless steel pots and pans. China and luggage just to name a few. As well as learning about lingerie. – more... Macy's is a good job to be able to connect with customers and create a clientele. A regular day at Macy's is usually a fast pace always a busy day, making sure customers are satisfied and more. Working with customers, a variety of customers with different styles and attitudes is the hard part about the job. But if you take your time, spending time with them, making sure you understand their needs, it becomes one of the joys of working on the job! – less
love my job!
sales associate (Former Employee), Bowie, MDSeptember 8, 2014
love every moment i spent at macys. the hours are amazing, the sales associate became my second family.
Enjoedgreeting custumers.
Cashier (Former Employee), Douglasville, GASeptember 8, 2014
I love talking to the customers and helping them if they needed it.
It's good for seasonal work
Sales Associate - Seasonal (Former Employee), Deptford, NJSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: nice discount and can be a fun environment to work at
Cons: under paid
Management needs to be more organized and hands on. Because you have a title as a manger does not give you the right to be lazy. Some co-workers can be fun to work with and some can be lazy.
The people make it great
Visual Merchandising Assistant (Former Employee), Springfield, ILSeptember 8, 2014
The employees really make it a wonderful place to work. The Visual team is truly amazing.
Fun Workplace
Recovery Associate (Former Employee), Concord, CASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: messy!
Typical day at work would be me coming in, putting on my apron and cleaning all clothing racks and picking all clothes off of the floor.
Management in general was good, however, my most recent time working for Macy's has made me not want return just because of my experience with my manager.
My co-workers were all really sweet and I enjoyed working with – more... them.
I would have to say the hardest part of my job was working the holiday season and having to pick up piles of clothes everywhere, but that was my job title!
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help customers find a specific item in the store that they had been searching for. – less
Typical Summary
Sales Associate / Manager On Duty (Current Employee), Roseville, MNSeptember 8, 2014
It is very easy but you are not paid that much and there is almost no room for advancement. However, my manager is very nice and can usually lets me have days that I request off.
started ou as Meyer and Franks
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Tigard, ORSeptember 7, 2014
Good place to work, buy not much room for advancement. When it turned to Macys they remodeled and would give fashion shows and bring in designers.
fun and face paced place to work
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), San Jose, CASeptember 7, 2014
enjoyed and learned how to provide excellent customer service for all customers, learned how to open accounts for customers, take inventory, and order clothing.
WORST JOB I'VE EVER HAD
sales (Former Employee), DeptfordSeptember 7, 2014
Cons: poor training, inexperienced and unfriendly managers unwilling to train and help, poor attitudes
Received little to no training to perform job accurately, VERY POOR management and snobby co-workers. Worked retail for 6 years and this was the WORST job I ever had. Very poorly run.
Wonderful Sales Experience
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Pineville, NCSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: ability to make my own schedule
Cons: short lunch breaks
Excellent place to grow and build sales experience. I had the ability to build my own schedule and learned invaluable sales knowledge.
Unhappy
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burbank, CASeptember 6, 2014
Really didn't enjoy working for Macy's. Managers were not so great, overall environment was okay, but I wouldn't want to work there again unless I really had to.
Good learning experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Newport BeachSeptember 6, 2014
Good retail experience and a great opportunity to learn about fashion. However compensation and benefits are not good.
A good company to work for
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Westminster, CASeptember 5, 2014
A good company to work for are more then willing to work with your scheduling needs if you have school e.t.c. management is very approachable and friendly and willing to do what ever you need to succeed and a very good team oriented environment
Great place to build experience in retail
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bronx, NYSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, and good time for breaks and meals.
Cons: low starting salary
Working at Macy's as a commission employee has been a new and valuable experience. The ability to sell isn't easy to everyone so it's best that i go in every day with a positive and confident mindset. I've learned great multitasking skills and operating a P.O.S performing functions in which usually managers are only allowed to perform in other companies. – more... We experience a high volume of shoppers so at times it may get a bit overwhelming. The management team does a great job at encouraging us to out do ourselves and assisting us with problems or questions we might have during the shift. What i enjoy the most about the job is being the reason for a customer leaving happy. – less
Productive place of employment with good employee discounts
Retail Support Associate (Current Employee), Milford, CTSeptember 5, 2014
A typical day for retail support at Macy's starts at 6 in the morning and involves unloading the shipment trucks and preparing the merchandise to be put out onto the sales floor. Overall, the job is decent but the work hours are lacking.
professional atmosphere and very fun place to work
Stocking Associate (Current Employee), Valencia, CASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: discounts on clothes
coming into work is very welcoming. i come in and get things done, i learned a lot of things like merchandising and how much hard work people put in to inspire other employees(Leadership), management is very well done and its a serious job, my co workers are very helpful and they are willing to help, the hardest part of the job is getting up early ahaha – more... there's nothing hard at all about my job and i enjoy everything about my job – less
productive fun place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 5, 2014
meet new guest
how to handle frustrated customers
ok not the best management
cowrkers are managable
cleaning fitting rooms
getting paid
Fun place to work and it was always fun to be there.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2014
loved the job and as always working with customers and making them happy.
Great work enviroment
Visual Security Officer (Current Employee), Gurnee, ILSeptember 5, 2014
Working along side the loss prevention team, I acquired skills in determining typical behaviors of theft from customers and employees, on a day to day basis my responsibilities were to greet customers and act as a spokesperson for the store and the loss prevention team to our customers and associates. My co-workers are an integral part to the success – more... of the loss prevention teams success in preventing theft and shortage for our store. Hardest part of the job, is properly attaining all the required steps to properly apprehend shop lifters whether it is an external theft or internal. – less