Macy's
8,598 reviews

Macy's United States Employee Reviews

Macys
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 11, 2015
Pros: Flex Schedule
Cons: Pay
I had a great overall expierence at Macys but not much room to grow. Not a career for me, but a good place to work if in college. They were really flexible about our schedule.
a very diverse place to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brockton, MAApril 11, 2015
It was my first job so I gain a lot of my skills from there. and I was able to juggle school while working there; the schedule is flexible
It was a fun place to work.....
Sales Rep./Fit Specialist (Former Employee), Roseville, CAApril 11, 2015
Pros: Fun, fast-paced, awards given for hard work at a formal ceremony.
Cons: Physically hard on your body, and didn't pay well.
I enjoyed being a Fit Specialist and getting to know my clients and their stories. I built lasting friendships with my coworkers and we worked well as a team. The hardest part of my job was clean up at closing. You would receive little star award pins to display on your name tag when a customer gave your manager a compliment about you.
Productive and fun workplace
packing clerical (Former Employee), Cheshire, CTApril 11, 2015
Pros: Good work environment
Cons: limited advancement opportunities
A typical day included submitting employee hours to payroll, maintaining accuracy reports and assisting other departments as needed. I learned how to meet deadlines and to organize information and the importance of teamwork. Management was always helpful and I especially liked working with co-workers. The hardest part of the job was when business really picked up around the holidays
great people to work with
Levis Merchandising Selling Associate (Former Employee), Durham, NCApril 11, 2015
My typical day at work would include cleaning up any clothes that would need to be put away. Helping and giving options to customers while their shopping.
AVOID AT ALL COST
Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee), Erie, PAApril 10, 2015
WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR TREATED PEOPLE AWFUL DID NOT CARE ABOUT FAMILY LIFE............................
Good work environment if goals are met.
Men's Furnish Sales Associate (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 10, 2015
Pros: Long Breaks
Cons: Credit Card Application
holiday hire
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Santa Barbara, CAApril 10, 2015
didnt stay long. they told me how much they liked me but never gave communication as to if i was going to stay as a permanant or if i was not.
very busy during holidays
Seasonal Sales Associate Fall Season (Former Employee), San Francisco, CaApril 10, 2015
Pros: close to public transportation
Cons: very chaotic
meet new people, working in the financial district i would talk to a lot of foreigners. very busy work place, staff is very nice. energetic staff
Very friendly environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brandon, FLApril 10, 2015
Typically there's a rush usually sometime after 4 though about 6 on weekdays. On the weekends it varies. I learned how a big team thrives for goals and encourage each other to make credits. The managment was corgel and great guides. My co-workers were very approachable and supporting. The hardest part of the job was keeping the fitting rooms clear on huge sale events. The most enjoyable part of the job was having enjoyable conversations with customers.
Motivational and Energetic Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXApril 10, 2015
Macy's constantly motivated the employees to enhance and improve their skills. While working there, I learned to always use positive energy, regardless of the circumstances.
Horrible
Multi-Store OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), North JerseyApril 10, 2015
Horrible management at the ground floor level. Company headed in the right direction but needs newer district management who can adapt to the changing needs of the company
Busy and not worth it.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bronx, nyApril 10, 2015
Pros: 50 prepaid credit card
Cons: too much.
Typical day at work would be on the register until I make my sales goal otherwise on the floor replenishing for the next business day. I honestly learn that retail as in Macy's and Jcpenney is not for me. Management does not work but always tell you to do something your already doing otherwise they are on the sales floor talking. co-workers also talk on the sales floor. the hardest part of the job are the sale days when the store is very busy and crowed, best solution is to stay calm and continue in a timely manner. The best part of the job is honestly clocking out to go home..
Fast paced environment, flexible schedule, great place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fairlawn, OHApril 9, 2015
Macy's is a great place to work. I love helping the customers find the products they need and helping them save money. My manager and my co-workers are very helpful, dedicated hard workers. We all work together to best serve our customers. We also have free buffets in the break room in order to celebrate holidays like Christmas, Easter, birthdays, etc. We're also rewarded for our hard work with extra employee discount days, health benefits, paid time off, and so much more. I love how Macy's works with my schedule. I am assigned several hours a week and I can pick up extra hours when I need them. Macy's is a great job for college students with a full course load, who want to get experience in the retail industry.
Recommended for first year college students
Retail Support Associate (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Flexible work Schedule, weekly pay, holiday season pay raise
Cons: Hour cuts, mediocre management, under staffed at times
a typical day at Macy's last for five hours or more depending on the situation. i have Learned how the receiving aspect of retail is done and how to work in a fast paste work environment.
alright work place
Merchandising/Pricing associate (Former Employee), Rochester, NYApril 9, 2015
over work employees...........................................................................................
horrible place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Manchester, NHApril 9, 2015
its a place for high schoolers and younger people because you will not be treated well if your elderly or are looking for to start from the bottom and work up.
Position was interesting and helpful.
Human Resource Administrative Assistant. (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJApril 9, 2015
I worked for several people and found the job to be interesting. I learned how to train employees and accept applications. I also learned how the process goes for reviewing training videos and setting up direct deposit for payroll.
Fun place to work but scheduling format is inconvenient
Cashier (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXApril 9, 2015
Pros: Breaks
Cons: Schedule, credit card applications
It's a fun environment to work in when you're with the right people but it can definitely get stressful when management starts pressuring you to solicit credit card applications. Also, I completely disliked the first come, first serve scheduling format. It's truly inconvenient because as a temporary associate, I wasn't even guaranteed at least 20 hours a week and if I was able to pick up a shift it would either be only 4 hours long or closing.
fair seasonal job
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Boynton Beach, FLApril 9, 2015
Pros: fair breaks when you need
Cons: on your feet all day with uncomfortable shoes
seasonal a fair job, mostly just ringing sales and putting clothes away, most people were lovely, older employees a bit rude and threatened about their sales.

About Macy's

The nation's #1 department store chain has adopted the name of its most famous brand and cash cow: Macy's. Macy's, Inc. operates – Read more

Macy's Salaries