Macy's Employee Reviews

Found 15,769 reviews matching the search
very helpful
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 20, 2017
meet new people and helped improve my work ethic and also allowed to grown into my career as well as building relations with my fellow employees.
Fun!
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 20, 2017
Very good place to work, I worked as visual merchandiser I loved it. It was only seasonal so it was bitter sweet. Overall very fun job.
Pros
weekly pay, long breaks. fun job.
I learned a lot and grew to be a more effective manager in my tenure with Macy's.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, MAFebruary 20, 2017
I have worked closely with my selling team and grew to know and care about them as individuals and together we exceeded our goals more often than not.
Not too fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 20, 2017
the pay was very bad and they treat their employees like they are not but expect them to stay longer when they need them. i learned that your self worth is important and not change it to please no one
fun environment with lots to do.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLFebruary 20, 2017
I worked at the macys in palm beach gardens Florida, i started as seasonal, and worked my way up to full time, it was a fun experience, i enjoyed my time their and would recommend working their to anyone else.
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAFebruary 20, 2017
I was a cashier in the juniors department. I learned how to use a register and developed communication and problem solving skills.
Pros
busy days
Cons
minimum wage
I feel like my time at macys was unorganized
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIFebruary 20, 2017
the management really didn't give much direction which is a problem because there were new employees daily. we would often get backed up from doing others work.
Pros
nice flexible schedule
Cons
bad managment
Compettitive Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYFebruary 19, 2017
Women's and juniors shoe department is fun to work in but you have to make sure you meet your sale goals every day which can be a hard task if the store isn't busy. Everyone is competing against each other if not helping one another meet their goal for the day.
Pros
discount
Cons
break
Great workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 19, 2017
Even though I was just seasonal the enviroment was great there was a few workers that didnt really like the seasonal workers but it was still a great happy place.. It was much to do and many to greet and see I met alot of wonderful nice shoppers I would ask for a better environment.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Can get very slow at times
Detail Oriented
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJFebruary 19, 2017
Macy's was a very busy atmosphere with very engaged and loyal employees. The hardest part of the job was customer interaction during one-day sales and straightening the store after said sales.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Pressure to meet numbers was high
Frendly employees
Seasonal sales (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 19, 2017
It was nice working at Macys Corporation because this was really my first experience as a salesmen. I was stationed in the north face department and moved up from there.
excellent company to work for.
Sales Manager, Handbags (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAFebruary 19, 2017
Everyday presents new challenges. Loved working with sales associates, vendors and customers. Great store management team.
Pros
wonderful coworkers
Cons
hours are demanding
Changing the towel tables for holiday season
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 19, 2017
I learned that according to the seasons the towel colors on the tables change according to the seasons or holiday colors. around big holidays where the big sales come i notice the store be really filled i enjoy helping multiple customers at once.
Producte. Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLFebruary 19, 2017
Acknowledge the expiriense of your employees and allow them to grow in. Better insensitive programs with equal opportunity.
And stop cutting hour for Full time position.
Exciting place to work
Lead Sales Associate, Cashier, Opener, Closer (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 19, 2017
Stocking and cashier at different registers handled money and direct customer service. Ordered products for customers and built client base.
Worse job i have ever had
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYFebruary 19, 2017
I will never work for Macy's again.i despised every minute I worked there. The pay was trash compared to other jobs. I was hidden in the basement and never properly trained on my job. I took initiative and trained my self to the best i could. Best part of the job was walking out at the end of my shift.
Great Place To Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 19, 2017
Macy's is a fun exciting place to work, the atmosphere at Macy's is full of positive energy.Management and Coworkers was very professional friendly and nice.I loved coming to work everyday to served the people at Macy's.
a place that should have stayed Marshall Fields
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 18, 2017
I started working for Macy's when it switched from Marshall Fields. There was backlash from the customers and the workers. I worked on commission but no-one wanted to buy anything so I didn't make much money.
Pros
historical place and building
Cons
Not enough money to be made
great boss who was tough on getting job done on time
Seasonal support assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 18, 2017
Typical day at work was pulling boxes off the truck and putting them on the line, or being at the other end of the line pulling out clothes and hanging them
Stressful
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAFebruary 18, 2017
A typical day at work consists of ringing up customers, running back and fourth to check the fitting room, doing recovery on the floor (if its not too busy), and doing go back. Not the best experience, managers don't care about you, you're often running a busy department on your own, no one covers you not even for a bathroom break. The costumers are rude, even fellow coworkers are sometimes rude.
Pros
Monthly birthday cakes
Cons
Horrible management, not enough hours, no coverage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.