Macy's Employee Reviews in United States

Found 13,593 reviews matching the search
Stepping Stone in my life
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 17, 2016
Everyday at work was always different than the one before. That kept me on my toes and allowed me to learn new things all the time. I loved how all of the associates worked together and made each one feel like family.
Pros
Good pay and happy atmosphere
Cons
Bad Management and never consistent amount of hours
Great place to start out!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 17, 2016
Macy's was the first offical job I have had and it was a great place to start and grow. The managers were very friendly and were always available to help. Coworkers were also very nice and helpful. I enjoyed my time working with them during there seasonal period.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kahului, HIJuly 17, 2016
In working at the store, when I was employed the department managers worked right along with the employees in the assigned departments. Team work was a plus. Numbers for management are important. In working along in a good way with the co workers it makes it a pleasant day in going in to work. Going into work with a good outlook and being able to work with your co workers is very important.
Pros
A good company to work for
Cons
Procedures that should be taken when an employee is ill are in question.
face paced
Mens Furnishing Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 17, 2016
I acknowledge customers in a friendly and helpful manner within 30 seconds of their entry into the area, and handle all returns courteously and professionally. I also determine customer needs based on personal features and other customer preference related factors, as well as demonstrate knowledge of store products and services to build sales and minimize returns and suggest additional merchandise to compliment customer selection.
Fun work environment with bad management, low pay and great sales
Fine Jewelry Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 17, 2016
Everyday it's a must that I had to count all jewelry pieces morning shift and closing. I would have to preset the sales for the department. Management was disorganized and the co-workers went above and beyond. I've learned to keep myself occupied at all times no matter what.
Pros
Employee Discount, Meeting new people, learning about jewelry
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, no hours
Loved this job!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHJuly 17, 2016
Loved working register and always in different departments! Nice coworkers and always willing to help managers. Always clean environment as well.
organized and well up held
Retail shop sells associate (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJuly 17, 2016
early morning clock in, I learned how to operate the hand technology , great customer service, co-workers were ok depending on how there day going . the hardest part of the job was finding the last of any product because it could be anywhere.
A wonderful balance between work and family life
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 17, 2016
great work environment and management works with you and your scheduling needs. co-workers are great.
Pros
scheduling, co-workers, work environment, management
Cons
short shifts, pay rate
Cool place to work at but really boring and draining
Sales Associate/ Expediter (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 17, 2016
At the time i was working here it was cool the coworkers were fun management was nice. The only gripe I have with this place is when management tells you to do something when there is nothing to do. You only find things to do during sales and holidays typical retail. 90% of the time its slow and when its slow its really boring. The hardest part of the Job is dealing with obnoxious customers and half the time just call the managers and they deal with it swerve. The most enjoyable part of the job is socializing with coworkers and enjoying the mall on breaks. What i learned is how to deal and interact with customers and sell.
Pros
15% discount, free credit card
Cons
always slow, draining slow long hours, horrible customers
Productive work place
Loss Prevention Detective (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJuly 16, 2016
Typical retail store. Open on all holidays, last of the remaining brick and mortar stores.
Employee's portray good team work on top of the stressful days
Great pay but not a great atmosphere
Women's shoe expeditor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 16, 2016
A huge lack of communication among management and all the heads of the departments. The benefits are great and the customers are even better. But with a large amount of co workers as they have it sometimes makes it an uncomfortable atmosphere. Its either overcrowded with too many employees or they all call off on the same day.
Macy's
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAJuly 15, 2016
This was a part time position. As anyone can imagine working for such a large established department store was an awesome experience. Every day was a delightful and pleasant experience.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
part time hours
Good place to start off in customer service.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 15, 2016
Typical day at work was serving customers hot and cold prepped foods.
Cash handling and how to safely and securely open and close drawers.
Management was okay.
Coworkers came and left. Very few actually stayed long.
Hardest part of the job was flexible work schedule.
Most enjoyable part of the job was holidays.
Pros
Pretty easy job.
Cons
Only part time jobs available in Marketplace Deli.
fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJuly 15, 2016
come in to the store open registers and get ready to start magic with customers making sure my area of coverage was clean and if not I would recover the area especially the more high priced areas
Poor
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJuly 15, 2016
Macy's is a bad place to work. I worked there and I got injured and they wanted nothing to do with the accident. They will tell you they have a lot of work and few weeks later they have nothing
i love it
coustomer service (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDJuly 15, 2016
I love working at Macy's, you get to meet new people everyday and the environment there is great, the managers there are great and always helpful.
Pros
great peple
Cons
not enough hours, pay rate
professional setting
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 15, 2016
they are very proffesional they care about your well being. they are just a bit uptight about certain things but is over all okay company to work for
Excellent Workplace
Credit Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 15, 2016
Macy's Credit Customer Service is a call center that supports retail stores nationwide. My typical day at work is to assist our internal representatives, clients, and ecommerce. We communicate internally and externally to management and customers. With my outstanding ability to assist, I have received great feedback from management. The most enjoyable part of my job is to be able to think outside of the box for answers to my client inquiries.
Doesn't take care of their employees.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  333 Caperton Blvd. Martinsburg, WV 25403July 15, 2016
Macy's claims to have an open door policy but when I needed to talk to someone other than in HR all I got was the run around from EVERYBODY, no one there, or at corporate would even give me the time, not even answer the phone, I was on hold for over an hour with NO answer still! And it was all because of BIG mistakes made with my paycheck which has lead to me to having to go three weeks with NO paycheck. And on top of all that the communication from the big guys, to the manager,s to the supervisors and then to the common warehouse worker is a joke along with this whole building.
fun
Customer Relations/Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 14, 2016
can choose days/hours if student
great place to shop
great customer service
wonderful employee discount
room for advancement
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks during peak season