Macy's
7,428 reviews

Macy's Employer Reviews

Great place to work and awesome management
Fraud Prevention Agent (Former Employee), Tempe, AZDecember 10, 2014
I can't say enough about the management at the call center. They were always engaged and providing information on how to reach goals and exceed them. Team meetings were also very resourceful and never dull. Most days, especially during sales events, were spent on the phones verifying customers information to prevent fraudulent orders from being made, – more... and unauthorized changes on the proprietary accounts. – less
Productive place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Eatontown, NJDecember 9, 2014
Sell and Service to the customers needs and wants.

Sell charge Cards.

Order items online for customers
I miss working here.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Plano, TXDecember 9, 2014
Pros: great schedule system, nice managers, awesome break room
Cons: not so great hours, territorial workers, high sales goals, hard to open macy's cards
Just like any retail job you work the register and clean your area. The hardest part was convincing the customers into getting a Macy's card and also keeping up with your sales goal especially when you work in a slow paced mall. There are some coworkers that are very territorial and will not take kindly when you're in their department. With in my department – more... though everyone was kind and I even made friends working in the men's department. Working here was my first job and I stupidly took advantaged of the point system our attendance system had and was late all the time so I got fired. What a shame. – less
Working with Macy's
Flexible Work Team (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 9, 2014
Working at Macy's is a fun experience, you never know what is going to happen on a day to day basis
n/a
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee), Brockton, MADecember 9, 2014
A day at work was helping customers.
operating the cash register.
most of all the co-workers were great to work with.
And the most enjoyable was helping customers.
Fun Place to work
Retail Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Stamford, CTDecember 9, 2014
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: n/a
It is a very fun place to work, with ups and downs, above all, I enjoyed the time that I work there, I learn new skills.
Womens shoe department
Merchandising and monitoring floor stock (Former Employee), Beavercreek, OHDecember 9, 2014
Pros: commission
Cons: unorganized
This position was seasonal so I couldn't work there for very long. It was unorganized and chaotic.
fun work place
Retail Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 9, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
a typical day would be organize the new merchandise we get in the morning and sell to customers. i learned how to better talk to customers and fulfill their needs better. my co workers was easy going never had any problems with them. hardest thing about the job since it was based on commission was approaching customers that didnt wanna be help or with – more... attitudes. the most enjoyable part is knowing you reached your goals and know one will bother you. – less
very productive workplace also fun
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Pearland, TXDecember 8, 2014
Pros: hour breaks and a 15 minute break
Cons: sometimes the store is overpacked
very great retail store to work at, the management is very attentive in all situations and very organized, great job because you can pick up hours during the week as you go.
productive
Sales Representative - (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDDecember 8, 2014
Would come tomwork and pick up and pit clothes away from earlier in the day. Customer service and more.. nice company to work for
great experience but poor management
beauty adviser (Former Employee), monterey caDecember 8, 2014
Pros: lunch breaks
Cons: poor management
Macy's was a great experience, meeting new people and building a clientele list was a bonus. on the other hand, there was terrible management and it is very obvious that the managers had bad taste for one another and played favorites to the sales accommodates. i believe in an equal balance and personal issues of another shouldn't impact the work place.
It was a great place to work at
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 8, 2014
I would come in start folding clothes if needed be, then help people that needed to be check out of the store.
The Magic of Macy's
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Colonie, NYDecember 8, 2014
Macy's is one of the best retailers that I have had the pleasure of working for. There are constant updates that not only work with pleasing the customers, but the employees as well.

I have worked with Macy's for a few years and I have been able to experience these changes from the beginning of MySchedule Plus, where employees can choose what schedule – more... works best for them to empowerment, which allows the employees to take control to do whatever it takes to please the customers. I enjoy working for a company that is always shaping and molding to what benefits everyone. I am free to work and interact with customers, and I am empowered to make decisions that benefits them most, without waiting for a manager to come and resolve a situation.

As a Beauty Advisor I gain product knowledge from having the opportunity to train with Vendors in store as well as being sent away for training.With proper training I then feel more confident about the products I sell. I am able to discuss products in details about basic use to benefits. I have the opportunity to build a clientele by sitting customers down and working with them in terms of skincare or even makeup application. Without proper training it would be very difficult to really be able to educate clients, and Macy's makes sure to pair with the companies to obtain proper education for the Beauty Advisors. – less
love selling furniture
Furniture Consultant (Former Employee), Portland, ORDecember 7, 2014
Best part was helping people create comfortable homes. There were several videos from manufacturers about their product line, rather than in person reps. Mattresses were the exception. The mattress reps came once a month to make sure we had all the pertinent info.
Macys
Beauty advisor/ counter manager (Current Employee), holyoke, maDecember 7, 2014
My Team Is Amazing ,But In Need Of Better Management
Everyone Is Friendly And Nice
Flexible Hours and Schedules
Commission Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fresno, CADecember 7, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules and hours
Great Part time job especially with the flexible hours and schedules. Shifts were usually available on a weekly basis if I wanted to work more hours that week. Great working atmosphere.
Challenging and sometimes fun
Sales Associate Part Time (Current Employee), Santa Barbara, CADecember 6, 2014
Pros: discounts and bonuses
Cons: retail
I enjoyed the public relations part and didn't enjoy the company's constant demand for begging the customers for more more more.
N/A
Michael Kors Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee), Arlington, VADecember 6, 2014
Great experience. Great environment and very fast paced. Glad I was able to get the experience I needed.
Regular Retail Job
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), RenoDecember 6, 2014
Depending on what position you had, it would generally be a fast paced job assisting customers.

I worked in shoes as an associate, it was super competitive and difficult if you don't have certain persuasive skills.
Hardworking and Fun!!!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), York, PADecember 5, 2014
Over all Macy's is a great company. Great Staff outgoing and fast working environment.