Macy's
8,719 reviews

Macy's United States Employee Reviews

Team oreinted
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Monterey CAApril 25, 2015
Great co-workers with a positive attitude, friendly and helpful management, and a good way to learn a lot of new positive selling techniques from the "Magic Training"
n/a
Support Staff (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 25, 2015
a typical day at work would be picking and packing all day for me. iv learned how to pack very fast. all my managers love my work. and the hardest part of the job would be nothing at all.
Dark place to work however enjoyed the people I worked with
Salesclerk (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 24, 2015
The work schedule is flexible only in the times you are given. The work schedule does not allow for a balanced work and life schedule. The relationships formed with co-workers were enjoyable and that's why you continued to come to work. It was a dark place to work and could use some light.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate In Fashin Jewelry (Former Employee), Topeka, KSApril 24, 2015
Pros: Loved the couch in the break room
Cons: none
I started working at Macy's on black friday. To me that was probably the best thing for me. Thats when I learned how to do everything that I needed to know about the department I worked in. I worked in fashion jewelry. At first I thought that department was going to be hard, but as I got trained it wasn't that bad. I also worked in Juniors and suit/swim wear. I rotated from department to department. Had to learn how to open and close the registers. I pretty much got along with everyone, I was shy at first, I usually wait til someone says something to me then I respond.
productive
stock (Former Employee), ctApril 24, 2015
it was a very nice place to work and very fun and exciting place to be to work and learn many things great people yo get to meet on a daily
A work place that was at times a slow paced and fast pace workplace when there where sales.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Paramus, NJApril 24, 2015
Pros: A pro of working at Macys is wearing a different attire other then work attire on holidays.
Cons: Hours were cut after holidays and there is not any room for advancement .
While working at Macy's i learned that it is important to communicate and have a pleasant attitude with the customers and workers. A pleasant attitude and communication with can allow others to shop at the store.
AMAZING ALL AROUND
Men's sales associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 24, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: stand on your feet all day
I love Macy's. They have such great management and great organization. They get you right in and tell you what you have to do when training is and what you got to do.
Majority of the coworkers are nice and polite but then you have the ones that act like they hate their job. The hardest part about the job is being on your feet all day but its so worth it.
love who I work with, not in love with the frontline atmosphere
Customer Service Associate/VRU Monitoring (Current Employee), Bridgeton, MOApril 23, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: low wages, stagnant growth
Not happy with the lack of growth in such an elementary environment, especially at this particular center. Love the people I work with, very confused by the management situation.
Worth it for the co-workers.
Price Change Lead (Current Employee), Olympia, WAApril 23, 2015
My co-workers is what makes this job worthwhile. Most comfortable people to be around and make the day go by faster. Management is hit-and-miss. While not bad or harsh, they often don't give enough training to new hires and can't answer some questions that they should be able to.
BIG COMPANY
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 23, 2015
My co-workers were from different parts of the world witch made every day at work interesting. The hardest part of my job was working with very older people.
Stepping stone for other positions
Mentor/Trainer/ Specialist (Former Employee), Troy, MIApril 23, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: no upward advancement
Merchandising constantly to improve customer service and sales. Learn something new everyday in regards to company and policies.
It's a great place to work
Furniture Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hurst, TXApril 23, 2015
Busy and productive you learn how to resolve customer issues and work as a team, getting earlier delivery dates for the customers, having a satisfied customer.
Best Place To Work In Retail
Cosmetics Business Manager (Former Employee), Menlo Park, NJApril 23, 2015
Pros: Friendly co-workers, staff and clients.
Cons: Standing on one's feet all day.
A typical fun and competitive workplace that allowed me to meet many new clients and make friendships. Not all people are the same so one must calculate an individuals personality precisely in order to accomodate them with a correct response. I enjoyed interacting with many diverse personalities, ethnicities and social backgrounds. The hardest part of any retail occupation is the constant standing on ones feet for 10-12 hours per day. But the results are definitely worth it!
Productive and great store
Merchandiser (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 23, 2015
Pros: great team and lots to learn.
Cons: not many benefits
working at my particular store was great. I was there at 5am to do my work and my team was amazing and helpful. I had lots of learning opportunities, which was the best part of the job to me. Management was also a great help in teaching me new things so that I would have more advancement opportunities.
Fun place to work, customer friendly, and great products.
Customer Service Representative/ Selling Associate (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAApril 23, 2015
A day working at Macy's was always great fun, whether it was a slow day or a busy one because co-workers were always making things fun. Customer service was always of great focus to assure that all customers were satisfied not only with their purchase but with their experience with me. I enjoyed making connections with multiple customers, helping them decide what they wanted, and leaving them delighted with my services. Managers at my location were always so wonderful. They were there when you needed them and always so friendly.
N/A
Specialist (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNApril 23, 2015
It's not a lot of work, great location foor those who like busy. Really big store but organized well so you're not running from floor to floor.
Product and great workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 22, 2015
I like that the schedule is flexible. I got along with my managers and my team member. Learned alot in retail and the fashion industry about quality and product knowledge.
A well diversified work environment
Retail Sales/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Citrus Park, FLApril 22, 2015
Pros: employee discount, incentives recognition
Cons: working on commision (weekly draw) minimum wage salary
Day can be busy or slow depending on the customer traffic. I have learned about how retail works, a different side of customer service. Working as a team management often did not need to supervise the area. Co-workers worked as a team, covering each other as shifts were different each day and overlapped. The hardest part of the job was to convey many different types of information (sales, discount, specials, community events and product knowledge) while others stood in line. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction that a customer came in to make a purchase and left smiling.
Setting up store daily.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Westminster, CAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Great flexible hours.
Cons: Black Friday.
Daily, I would put price tags on each item and set them in the proper location they belong in. Also, when new merchandize was shipped, I would place them again in their proper locations. Management is very strict, and not too friendly. Coworkers were great and always helpful.
fast-paced and reassuring
Sales associate (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAApril 22, 2015
Pros: rewarding and reassuring
Cons: challenging and new
it was interesting learning how to adapt to the retail/sales world. I found it a bit more challenging at first, however I believe that was the best part of this job. It was extremely reassuring to find that I was able to not only meet the expectations of my position, but surpass them.

About Macy's

The nation's #1 department store chain has adopted the name of its most famous brand and cash cow: Macy's. Macy's, Inc. operates – Read more

Macy's Salaries