Macy's
8,389 reviews

Macy's Employer Reviews

customer service
Department Manager (Former Employee), Flushing, NYMarch 19, 2015
Overall I liked working with the customer's, associates and my peers. I observe my associate on their customer service and selling skill in order to give fast feed back and redirecting to the correct behaviors. what I've learned is to be a lot more patience's, most of my co-worker had make it enjoyable going to work and some was good at what we did but the most enjoyable part of the job was indeed analyses and resolving any customer issue to making sure they had a wonderful experience.
this was a temp part time position.
housekeeping (Former Employee), Hilo, HIMarch 19, 2015
this was a temp, part time position while going to school. I worked in the evenings and all in all, it was enjoyable and nice. I worked by myself and worked at a mall.
my review
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 19, 2015
Pros: macy's money ......hour lunch
My time working at macy's was so long ago can't really remember much except for the hour lunch and the awesome macy money we would get from snitching, doing good deeds and opening macy's card. this was real money by the way.
very fun
Holiday Sales Associate (Former Employee), Capitola, CAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: good pay rate, fun
Cons: very busy at times
everyone working with me was friendly they took their time to teach me around the store. my coworkers would always give me tips on how to improve my work.
Learn as you go.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Deptford, NJMarch 19, 2015
Pros: great work envorinment
Cons: self-taught strategies instead of manager-led ones.
This job definitely taught me how to be self-reliant as my training wheels came off quickly and well into my first week of training. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers and supervisors, all of whom were very supportive, knowledgeable and fun. I learned how to work with both my co-workers on the floor and the expeditors in the stock-room.
The most difficult part of this job was learning what promotions were going on and which coupons we were allowed to accept and which one's were void and were not allowed as well as having to teach myself the ins and outs of the register without much training.
The most enjoyable part of this job was working with my clientele. I always look forward to meeting and going beyond the expectations of my customers.
Fun place to work
Senior Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee), Temecula, CAMarch 19, 2015
Everyday was something different to deal with. Co-workers were great and made it fun place to work. Flexible with peoples schedules.
A hot mess.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 19, 2015
Very disappointed with this company. Management was horrible. A lot of favoritism. HR did not do there part in protecting the employee.
Fast paced and enjoyable people to work with
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 19, 2015
Processed reports for store manager for early morning meetings with sales personal.

Balanced cash vault and replenishment of registers.
Great part time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 19, 2015
From the moment I started at Macy's I felt very welcomed and at ease. I had some previous sales experience but not presviously in the Men's department. I learned a lot about clothing and worked with great people.
Fun place to work for few hours.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Plano, TXMarch 19, 2015
I have learn that Macy's is a nice place to work because you get to deal with all kind of cultures like co-workers and customers. Getting credits is the high goal for every retail store so it is for Macy's. The rewarding side is when a customer leaves the store very satisfied and eager to get back.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAMarch 18, 2015
Cons: short breaks
Great company! I learned how to communicate better and be more patient. The most enjoyable part of the job was ringing up, I loved it because I already knew how to do it. There was nothing I disliked, my co workers made me feel welcome.
FastPaced Even on slow days
Customer Service (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: go job to use to build experience
Cons: if you are not a fast paced person or used to being paid minimal wage youll be unhappy
Macys your super sale department store i've truely learned how to multitask and be able to adjust to taking on multiple positions in different departments from training new associates on how to ring up and return different items to how to process a hold and one day sale or honor a friend and family coupon the day it was always something new to learn how to register a brides gift registry to the how to process inventory in the scanner gun on inventory days. My hardest part to my job was at times being the only person that want to work on the weekend but that taught me how to manage and be more independent and truly work under pressure. The most enjoyable part of my job was the satifaction at the end of me ringing up the customers purchae or during the purchase the customer always got to have a plesant experience.
Everyday is an adventure.
Customer Support Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 18, 2015
Pros: discount
I love being a support associate. It allows me to utilize my organizing skills and develop my managing skills. My team is in charge of keeping the stock room filled and make sure new merchandises are processed in a timely manner.
My co-workers are just hard working and I love my team of five. We are effective and efficient, we get things done on time and keep each other's spirits. My team is very supportive of each other.
I love the fast pace and variety the position offers.
Apart of my responsibility includes processing new merchandise. I've processed up to two palettes a day in merchandise. That is what I consider to be the most draining part of the job.
Any day can be transformed in any way, it all depends on human contact.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), 1500 South Willow, Manchester, NH 03103March 18, 2015
Pros: trainning classes and seminars are often available to be attended
Cons: long term employees feel easily very tired and tend to complain
A typical day of work:
a)The morning meeting b)Opening registers c)Checking fitting rooms
d)Reorganizing merchandise e)The Selling process f)clock in-clock out for breaks g)Closing registers/ Depositing
What I learned:
There is diversity everywhere: with Customers, managers, and coworkers.
The hardest part of the job:
In order to achieve the daily assigned sales goal, co-workers try to balance out the difference between the management's expectations and the Customers' need for more personal time and space.
The most enjoyable part of the job:
Socializing with different people every day and having fun with.
Busy, cool at times and productive.
Sales Representative/ Cashier (Former Employee), Valley Stream, NYMarch 18, 2015
Pros: discount on merchandise
Cons: short breaks not enough benefits at the time
At Macy's I worked mostly stock, so my basic duties where was making sure shipment arrived and was signed for. Restocking new merchandise, organizing my area also multitasking with stocking and helping customers with online orders and in the store purchases. As far as I remember about my co workers they were very helpful and funny, lots of laugh at this job, I learned at macys customer service skills mostly, hardest part of the job was the long days sometimes due to call outs but otherwise it fun working in the mall and macys.
Entertaining place to meet new people and learn new skills.
Sales Representative/ Cashier Seasonal (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXMarch 18, 2015
Pros: bringing food to share, gaining new friends
Cons: no management appreciation
Learned to sale more and connect with the customers.
Helped to sell and advise on selling products.
Hardest part was to get help from co- workers
Most enjoyable was to help others find what they needed, and get a gift for others who are special in their lives.
Can be productive at times.
Cashier/Recovery (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 18, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: on your day off constantly calling you to come in
working with my coworkers was the most enjoyable part of my day. Managers in Macy's lack communication, during the week days the job can be very slow paced but during the weekend it can be rushed.
Learned about different designers and their clothing.
Receiving and Processing Specialist (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJMarch 18, 2015
Productive, good team players, great bosses! Worked organizing accessories and clothing by various designers. Learned the Magic of Macy's.
Productive but at times very meticulous.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 18, 2015
Pros: store discount
Cons: little breaks
A day at macy's consisted of 8 hours walking through the store observing customers. Making sure they did not steal or attempt to steal merchandise.
fun,long , stay busy
Retail Support Associate (Former Employee), Sherman Oaks, CAMarch 18, 2015
cleaning up racks
assisting customers
its was very nice working for macys the time went by quick because you will always busy.

About Macy's

The nation's #1 department store chain has adopted the name of its most famous brand and cash cow: Macy's. Macy's, Inc. operates – Read more

Macy's Salaries