Macy's Employee Reviews

Working at a tourist hotspot
Customer service - Watch department (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 4, 2017
I worked at Macy's in the fall at Chicago's Water Tower Place. We had many foreign customers and tourist from other states. I'd either be in the watch department, the fashion jewelry department, or the temporary Swatch brand watch kiosk.
I'd dust and decorate display cases, restock materials (especially popular ones!), resize watches, and count check the register.
It was a enjoyable job. I have nothing negative to say about the position nor was anything "hard".
Pros
Fast paced, meet lots of different people
Cons
Great place to work co-workers are very motivating.
Associate Worker (Former Employee) –  Century City, CADecember 4, 2017
A typical day at Macy's was easy or the most part once you get use to it. I learned time management and customer relations here. Management were always very helpful when it came to leading. The workplace culture was diverse and welcoming to all. The hardest of the job was learning where each department was located. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping others.
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 4, 2017
nice place to work, for people enjoy fashion and helping people develop a look that fits them. it was very fast paced and everyone on the team was nice to be around.
Lots of work but not great pay
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 4, 2017
Macy's is a good job for someone in school or just as a second part time. For a single parent with bills Macy's is not a reliable source. Although as an employee you sometimes have access to great deals and advances on sales. The management team is mostly poor and can definitely use some improvement.
Productive, good woking atmosphere. Ability for growth.
Sales Associate and Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CADecember 4, 2017
The place was extremely nice. I like the atmosphere. We had advancement for growth. I exceeded almost all sales in the place. I did very well overall.
I sold almost a lot of mechanize during the busiest seasons. Overall customers where really happy. With my performance. I had very positive reviews. Often customers wrote positive reviews about me. I was really happy.
I sold almost all products for the company. I did very well overall. Customers left the store very happy. You could check the reviews on Yelp. or macys.com website you could find amazing reviews there written about me.
Pros
Up to two breaks in one day, positive working environment.
Cons
No healthcare, short breaks
fun place to work
Support Lead (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CADecember 3, 2017
great team, communication and flexible work hours. we in support work early in the morning, only downside is we are heavily understaffed. communication could be better.
Pros
early in morning shifts
Cons
not enough hours
fast past l
merhandise manager (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJDecember 3, 2017
we worked long hours but it was by choice ans nwver the same th ing everyday on the job training learned everyone job not just my own flexible schedule great pay bad benefit plan great 401k
Pros
fast pace great people alot of oppurtinity
benefits
Macy's
Macy's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 3, 2017
It is a fun place to work at with a clean environment and a balanced work place. It has hard working staff and a nice show of worksmanship with a steady work pace.
Pros
Good customer Service
macys
Detective (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 3, 2017
good company to work for but limited possibilities to move up. also, they are very hesitant to promote or give fair raises overall, its a good company to work for if you dont plan to stay long
Asset Protection Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairview, TXDecember 3, 2017
The managers are over worked. The commutation is poor. You benefits when you retire are poor. The is not enough help to learn,
This seams to be all politics.
Very unorganized.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Portland, TNDecember 3, 2017
Could have been better if it was a bit more organized.
A typical day ;is crazy. many employees not working make it harder for the ones that just put in their hours and go. It was too hot with all the walking around. Hardest part is making yourself go and stay due to the I don't care attitude by so many people.
Porductive and fast paced
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CADecember 3, 2017
Most management is bad. Great co-workers. Benefits are good. Fast paced environment that requires a lot of detailed work. Always standing and lots of lifting involved.
Very productive as a seasonal employee.
Holiday Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Downey, CADecember 3, 2017
There was always something to do at work during the holiday season I worked. The employees were very friendly and were patient and answered any questions I had. It was really fun and you got to know your co-workers. Each department is close with their employees. Management was great. The hardest part was working on Black Friday, even then it wasn’t too bad. Most enjoyable part was stocking perfumes and making gift boxes for fragrance department.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Switching between departments often.
Seasonal Sales Associate
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 2, 2017
Daily duties consist of reaching sales goals, with bonuses such as commission for going beyond the goals that have been reached. Great relationships were established with customers and fellow employees alike.
Pros
Hour long lunch breaks, discounts, benefits with owning a Macy's card
Cons
Long shifts on Black Friday and during the holiday season
bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTDecember 2, 2017
worst job ive had. was very fast paced. you get very little time to have bathroom, smoke breaks. was let go from the job for something that I didn't even do. there was no looking into what happened just please leave the store sir.
Commpetitive Environment
Loss Prevention Lead Detective (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 2, 2017
This job was very competitive but a good environment to work in. I had great benefits and advancement opportunities. I did not like the hours due to having small children at the time. I needed to be on more of a set schedule. I would recommend this job if you like an adrenaline rush.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Store hours are complicated.
did so much work and minimal recognition
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILDecember 2, 2017
they treat their employees s if they have no life outside of the company. The communication between all areas is minimal and often leads to employee dismay. Many employees concerns were never addressed.
Horrible
Certified Culinary Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PADecember 2, 2017
Horrible management doesn’t know how to treat workers. Managers doesn’t work they sit around and not do their job. The pay is horrible oh really don’t get paid slot and then you get paid weekly.
I worked in receiving so i didn’t really interact with anyone.
merchandising (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GADecember 2, 2017
I can say that it was a well in order store, supervisors and manger were nice. Clean and comfortable place to work, not too much to complain about. I actually enjoyed working there
I have worked for Macys for about 6 years and i feel like i need a job that is gonna go consistently challenge me
Beauty advisor (Current Employee) –  Mays Landing, NJDecember 2, 2017
Macy’s definitely has giving me everything I need for this level of my life. Now it’s time to go to the next level and to work towards my full potential.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Lack of growth within the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.