Macy's
8,859 reviews

Macy's Employee Reviews

Productive and flexible work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 13, 2015
Macy's is a great company to work for. They make their hours very flexible to you; by allowing you to pick up hours on your own via online.
Macys
Cashier (Former Employee), Novi, MIMay 13, 2015
Pros: fun workplace, nice break times
A typical day at Macys was fun and easy. I enjoyed talking to customers and helping them find what they were looking for. I learned to be more patient. The co workers at Macys were sweet and nice and took their time with you if you need it. the hardest part if the job was the commission sales but I enjoyed going and working every day.
Sale Associate at Macys
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 13, 2015
Cons: short breaks, no managers around, low pay.
I was there for a year and a half, when first getting hired there was no one around to help when needed. Mangers are never in contact with other manager and they can't ever be found when needed. The constantly harass for associates to get credit cards open. they have little appreciation for a good job. Be aware that they would look for anything to fire a person. The only discount as an employee is 20% which is nothing. The atmosphere is a face pace environment and getting to know co-workers is not easy since they don't welcome new co-workers unless you have something to offer. The job is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. The pay is low from $9 and moving up in the company isn't something to happen.
A decent job for entry level customer service
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Boulder, COMay 13, 2015
Pros: customer service, not sitting at a desk
Cons: pay, heathcare, commute
A typical day at work begins with opening registers and tidying service areas. I have learned to work quickly, effictively, and politely with customers. I have also learned multitasking during short interactions with customers. My management is very supportive of their employees. They empower us to make decisions without their assistance or approval and recognize us for achievements. My co-workers and mostly students and have the job for extra money outside of school. The hardest part of my job is working hard for very little pay. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with many people everyday.
Always something to keep you busy
Merchandise Team Leader (Current Employee), Clearwater FlMay 13, 2015
Pros: 45 minute lunches, flexible schedule
Cons: Pay, lazy coworkers, lack of respect in some departments
A great place to work if you are looking for flexible hours and a starting job. Also a good place for a college student to work if he/she is under heavy college workload. Good chance of advancement from within. Very fast paced retail environment so definitely keep your feet moving.
Fun
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Arlington, VAMay 13, 2015
My day to day at Macy's was never a dull moment. I often found myself looking forward to the next day. I was learning something new everyday and making new friends, the guests/costumers there are amazing I really haven't worked in a environment that had so many diversity of people from all walks of life witch mad each day more exciting, you'll never know who you're going to run into. Everyone there was super nice, the guest/costumers kept me on my toes always presenting me with new challenges as well as management. Most of the management team really related to me witch made them easy to talk to. And many didn't take there job to seriously they played around and laughed just like the rest of us it made the work place more lay back and at ease. The only negative about the job was that the hours we're not consistent. But overall it is a great place to work.
Decent job, depends on the associate
Commissioned Sales Associate (Current Employee), ColoradoMay 13, 2015
Pros: co-worker relationships, employee discount, flexible hours
Cons: store clientele, overworked at times, manager cooperation, high turnover
It's most definitely a love and hate relationship. There are many days when I am proud to work here and there are those days when you want to walk out. It is okay to be here for a while but it's definitely not something you want to make a lifelong career out of.
Good Work Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 12, 2015
Pros: free lunches for holidays, rewards for opening Macy's Card.
Cons: Hard to take breaks.
Macy's is a good place to work if your a real hard worker you can grow in the company and truly love your work. A typical work day consist of recovering my area, making magic by helping customers, putting merchandise out. Management was okay they just need a communication class on hoe ti talk to associates. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers put an outfit together and seeing their excitement and respecting my fashion forward opinion.
Average Job
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Holladay, UtahMay 12, 2015
Just your average sales job. No commission unless you worked in cosmetics. The environment itself is pretty depressing. The Macy's in cottonwood could definitely use some love.
Too much is expected for small time allotted, managers choose favorites not based on work done.
Sales Floor Recovery / Optimal Fitting Room (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMay 12, 2015
Cons: Short breaks that weren't on time, unorganized.
Managers are rude and expect you to do way too much for the amount of time they set for you, even the supervisors agree on it. I learned that if you kiss up to the managers you can get away with showing up when you want, leaving when you want, texting while on the sales floor and not doing your job efficiently. Management made their favorites based on who would talk to them more not the work they put out. Many female coworkers spent the time gossiping and not working or texting on the sales floor, being rude to customers and getting the entire group in trouble for their mistakes.
productive and fun workplace with pool table
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 12, 2015
i would open macys and close it six days out of the week. i worked hard and was one of the top sellers

i met a ton of great people
gfgf
Sales Support (Former Employee), Harper Woods, MIMay 12, 2015
PATIENT CARE: Skilled in providing direct care toward the comfort and safety of the patient guaranteeing a secure and clean environment; Capacity to prioritize care according to acuity of patient’s condition and daily scheduling of assignment; Ability to identify a patient’s needs and provide them with the appropriate solution of care required for complete comfort and satisfaction of services granted; Physical agility to perform activities that require considerable stamina such as lifting, bending, stooping, walking, and handling of materials.

HOME HEALTHCARE: Ability to perform healthcare related duties such as monitoring patient’s condition, vitals, and medication distribution under the direction of a RN, while maintaining accurate and complete documentation; Capacity to care for individuals during periods of incapacitation; providing companionship, personal care, and emotional support in adjusting to a new lifestyle; Aptitude to consult with medical team; evaluating the client’s needs and planning for continuous care.

KEY STRENGTHS: Highly organized and conscientious, prioritizing duties according to acuity and workload leading to proficiency, accuracy, and completion of daily obligations. Skilled in learning new concepts quickly, working well under pressure, and communicating clearly with management, staff, patients, and family members; Knowledge and understanding of policies and procedures for upholding and maintaining patient’s privacy/dignity
Good place to work if you like people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mesa, AZMay 12, 2015
Pros: employee discounts, commisions
Cons: average wages
Has a good environment, coworkers are friendly.
Easy guidelines, good training before starting.
Management always available for guidance or support.
The hardest part of the job is having to be standing up the whole shift, no cafeteria you must bring your own meals.
Needs an update on internal procedures.
The best part of the job is the interaction with the client, if you like sales.
Macys
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bensalem,PAMay 12, 2015
Pros: Appropriate Breaks
Cons: n/a
It depends what department you work in and what time you're scheduled to work. But everyone aims to open up macys rewards cards, provide the best customer service, and keep department looking clean and neat to Macys standards. I learned alot about patience and making sure that your guest are always your first priority. Management is very hands on and involved. They have morning rallies to set the mood off right in the store. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with guests who are challenging. The most enjoyable part of the job are the many events we get to enjoy as employees.
fun place
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 12, 2015
fun place to work at more in the holidays. a very busy environment you have to be a good sales person in order to work here. good to know more than one langue since there a lot of tourist that shop there.
Productive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMay 11, 2015
Pros: Great company
Great place to work. A typical day would be to help customer find what they are looking for while giving them product knowledge. Also making sure you meet your quota by the end of the work day.
Productive Place.
Support Associate (Current Employee), new york, nyMay 11, 2015
In a typical day of work I would do some of the following tasks: Recovery of the floor, fulfillment, RTV (Return to Vendor). Management is good in general.
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Queens, NYMay 11, 2015
Flexible Scheduling - If you were scheduled a shift that you can't do (drops down 3 or 4 weeks of work schedule), you can advertise your shift but you have to do it right away so other associates that wants to pick-up hours can take that shift and you'll be clear of that shift. Great entry level job for people new to the workforce.
Retail sales
Mattress Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 11, 2015
Pros: Free swag in some departments
Cons: No advancement, management is lacking
Nothing special here. Just your average retail job, Each associate has a daily sales goal. You meet it and go home. The management is terrible. They bring in young people with no management experience.
Productive and fun workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Troy, MichiganMay 11, 2015
Pros: Schedule
Cons: The number of hours.
I learned the more about sales and retail. Also the staff made the working environment relaxed and easy to learn the ropes. I loved interacting with the customers and processing the online orders.

About Macy's

The nation's #1 department store chain has adopted the name of its most famous brand and cash cow: Macy's. Macy's, Inc. operates – Read more

Macy's Salaries