Macy's

9.8K reviews

Macy's Employee Reviews

Nice
Shoe Expeditor (Current Employee), Deptford, NJAugust 20, 2015
MAcy's was a very fun, loving place to work. The managers were great. I really miss working there. I would go back if I had to. just wish they paid more.
Macy's is a well-established Retail business!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee), Queens, NYAugust 20, 2015
I've worked with the company as a part-time employee, aside my fulltime job as an educator in a classroom settings.
I like the flexibility it offers with the employees with regards to scheduling and other – more... services that they offered that is done through the internet.
The company is one of a reputable retail company, that is standing strong and has good opportunities to offer to it's employees with regards to advancement and great benefits for long-term employees they hired.
I worked as a seasonal employees, and enjoyed working with my colleagues and managers. It is a family of well-trained employees, ready to served the customers and fellow employees with satisfaction! – less
Fast paced and challenging
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), El Cajon, CAAugust 20, 2015
Working at Macy's was a challenge. I like challenges. When working in Sales, you have to sale the clothes and also, get customers to do a credit application. I loved working at Macy's. I wish they could have givin me more hours.
worst customer service place
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYAugust 20, 2015
this is not a good place to work they treat there employees like trash. All they care about is the customer and thats it, management needs to replaced and corporate officials need to work as sales associates and team members behind the scene to see what we all go through
over all okay place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Bay Shore, NYAugust 20, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: short staff
If you like working with people and, your a team player this is the job for you. not everyone if a team player so be ready to pull your weight.
Busy, Exciting and Interesting
Merchandiser (Former Employee), OAK BROOK CENTERAugust 20, 2015
Every day was different when your interacting with different people every day. Which was awesome because i love helping people and providing them with the customer services that they need. with being a – more... Customer server, Merchandiser, sales clerk my work activity changed on a day to day basis. .. i would perform general stock and inventory duties. tracking, pricing, organizing sales floors etc.... working in teams are awesome too. – less
Productive and motivated team.
Support Team member (Former Employee), Albany,NYAugust 20, 2015
Macys is a very good place to work, if you are a college student or are in the cosmetic field. You can gain a lot of experience,and meet a plethora of people.
I truly enjoy giving good customer service!
Sales Associate Macy's (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 19, 2015
I think the best thing about working as a sales associate at Macy's (besides the discounts) was being able to take care of & please the customers to the best of my ability.
A good part time job during school.
Sales Associate (Jewelry Department) (Former Employee), West Hartford, CTAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: short unpaid breaks, not much to do during slow times
I showed and sold fine jewelry and watches.

The management team was always willing to help you in anyway possible.

The most enjoyable part of this job was learning about the products you were selling and when you helped the guest find exactly what they wanted.

The hardest part about this job was meeting sales goals on really slow days.
Productive fun co workers and workplace
Sales Associate for Fine Jewelry (Former Employee), Dartmouth Mall North Dartmouth, MAAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Working with great co workers/manager
Cons: Short breaks, health care
Productive fast paced environment with supportive co workers and manager. Not all about the sales but how the sales associates worked together as a team to reached the daily sales goals for the company.
Ok, place to work.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), charlotte, ncAugust 19, 2015
This is a great company to work with, I really like it a lot and editor in chief is amazing. For any one interested come aboard, you won't regret it!
Seasonal position to get into holiday spirit
Sales Associate, Seasonal (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLAugust 19, 2015
Pros: associate discount
Cons: On feet for extended periods of time.
After many years at AT&T, I found Macy's to be a good way to earn some extra income working part time on a seasonal basis. A major benefit available to all Macy's associates is the associate discount. I used mine to add to my wardrobe for items to wear both on and off the job.
Enjoyed the scheduling
Seasonal Clerk (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Scheduling my own hours
Cons: Not being able to work in the same department every shift.
I really enjoyed being able to schedule my own hours during the holiday season. This worked well for my family in order for one parent to be home at all time.

The experience to work face to face with the customers during the holiday season was great as well.
very productive
sales associate (Former Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 18, 2015
Best job I have had yet, I have learned a lot from my co workers, and made friends that I still keep in contact. If it wasn't for the awkward hours I would have been able to stay and work during my previous school year.
Sales/Customer Service (Current Employee), Lithonia, GAAugust 18, 2015
Pros: flexiablity
Cons: pay not that good
Good place to work and advance. Management is good to encourage employees to do well on the job as well as provide sales goal.
Enjoyable place of business
Men's Shoes Sales Representative (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAAugust 18, 2015
Working there was very fun, i was almost always busy and met very good coworkers.The managers were amazing as well as the majority of the customers.
great!
LANCOME COSMETICS - Cosmetic Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), new yorkAugust 18, 2015
great experience! my first makeup/sales job! great incentives and competitive pay! It enabled me to grow and branch out in the makeup field
Early Mornings
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Lithonia, GAAugust 18, 2015
I worked with the support team, so we were in there early mornings changing signs. Unfortunately, hours were not the best and only a few full-time/part-time positions were open. If you are not a morning person this is not the job for you. Tasks were calculated in the computer on how long it should take you to complete it, but it was very unrealistic.
Authorizations Specialist (Current Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 18, 2015
The Macy's customers are exciting and ready to shop! The authorizations team is the best! They have a huge cantina for the employees and they have lots of events to keep you busy!
Okay for a secondary job.
Receiving Associate (Current Employee), Orland Park, ILAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Great, fun, and hard working coworkers and nice employee discounts.
Cons: Extremely low pay, poorly managed, overworked, and low hours.
I currently work at the Macy's in Orland Park, IL. It's so poorly managed and disorganized. This is a good job if you already have a good paying job and you're just looking to make some extra money. The hours aren't stable, you work really hard but the pay is super low, and management is never on the same page.
Headquarters