Macy's
7,760 reviews

Macy's Employer Reviews

Fun place to work
Ralph Lauren Vendor Specialist (Current Employee), Savannah, GAJanuary 20, 2015
I like when we're busy so that my day goes by quickly but when I have downtime it's good because I can recover my area and revamp any displays that might need it. My coworkers are great as are the managers, it's typically an enjoyable place to work. The best and worst part of the job are the customers but I do enjoy meeting people from all walks of life
Fun work environment with great benefits
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 20, 2015
Great working environment with good employee perks and benefits.
a great opportunity to move up in the company. I learned great customer service skills, an I learned a lot about the retail.
happy customers, stories to tell my husband when i get home
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: networking
Cons: short breaks
Macy's was very cool, i got to tell people how to spend their money.
they valued my opinion.
look and received help when needed.
enjoyed work
Friendly Workplace
Dock and Processor (Former Employee), Champaign ILJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: getting paid every week
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at Macy's is; unloading trucks that come in the dock full of clothes and accessories and unpack them to prepare them for the sales floor. The management and co-workers were great and made it easy to work there which made the time go by faster. I think the most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers actually and getting off at a reasonable time.
Work and go to School
Sales Associate (Current Employee), hyattsville, mdJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: flexible schedue
Cons: no room for career advancement
The schedule is very flexible. Gives you a chance to have experience with customer service.
Its an alright Place to work.
Commissioned Sales/ Recovery Associate (Current Employee), Huntington Station, NYJanuary 19, 2015
Some of the people are great, but no one responds to feedback unless it comes from a customer which majority of the time still does nothing. There are also a couple of managers who are very nasty and take advantage of the fact that they feel they have more authority.
Great position and work enviornment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), White Marsh, MDJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: the team
Cons: short breaks
I loved this job. I genuinely enjoyed going to work everyday, the manager was amazing, and the advancement opportunities were fast paced and exciting.
Its retail
Support Associate (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLJanuary 19, 2015
the hours are never enough. the pay isnt high enough. the job security isnt very high unless you are a manager. In order to succeed in the company you cant have a real life and you have basically work 24/7 to afford to support yourself. It is a hard job and you almost never get payed enough.
Macy's was a great employer
Team Leader (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 19, 2015
Macy's was a great company to work both for and with. I would recommend this company to anyone!
Great place to work, many different positons available
Visual Manager (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: rarely work weekends or nights
Cons: healthcare, at times workload expected in time frame is over whelming for one person.
A typical day would be to Walk with VPSM (store manager) to see the needs of the store and to get partnership from the SM's to recovver there areas.
walking standards in the building. Setting up visual directives. Floor walk to ensure clean shoppable environment. As well to recover any visual set ups. Update mannequins, Set up posters for sales as well as any vendor identification.
enjoyed customers
COUNTER MANAGER/SALES (Former Employee), Dartmouth MaJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: free lunches on meetings for the makeup counter
Cons: short breaks, had to push to much stuff on customers
Standing for long hours, Hardest thing of this job was to push opening macys credit cards. I did enjoy working with my co-workers they always made the day fun. Management is not understanding of single parents or family-work balance at all. Learn a lot of new ways to apply make-up. Doing events was fun and most enjoyable.
Wow!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Redding, CAJanuary 19, 2015
Working at Macy's is one of the most enjoyable things I've done, the customers are normally very nice and the management is always lending a helping hand. I'm In love with this company.
Trendy Men
Sales Floor Associate/ Merchandiser (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: reoccurring clientele
Cons: conditions and terms for holiday pay
Working for Macy's in the Young Men's area also known as trendy men is exciting. The guests are so eager to find exactly what they've came for and offering my help makes it all the more better. A Typical day includes my guest and I interacting and getting to know more about what brought him/her in. The hardest part is making sure we have the product, I never enjoy disappointing the customer. If needed, management is always available for help. What excites me most is following through with the purchase. The transition from a "looker" to a "buyer" is what lets me know I've done my job!
productive
Optimal fitting Room/Sales Associate (Current Employee), brooklyn, NYJanuary 18, 2015
fun work environment and working with my co workers is a good experiance
Productive, fun environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Valley Stream, NYJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: long breaks, get to choose your schedule
Cons: very tiring, minimum wage, tedious cleaning
Excellent team, very productive also very fast paced at most times. Knows how to handle any situation, very friendly staff. Extremely helpful in a lot of situations, helped me to establish great communication skills. Doesn't include that much hard work, it's both a fast paced and slow paced work environment
Productive place to work and very fast pace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 18, 2015
A typical day of work is clock in, make sure I speak to every customer and make sure they know my name and where I will be if they have any questions. Make sure my customers leave happy and satisfied. Keep my work space clean and ready or the next shift.
Terrible workplace
Salesman Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 18, 2015
You're assigned to a big area by yourself and they expect for you to keep it neat while providing outstanding customer service and never taking no for an answer from a customer, even when most of the time the customer drags you out of your area and you have to attend to them which takes up to 45 minutes. If you're in the area you were assigned and its neat and no customers in it, you basically got coached if you spend more than one minute just standing idly. Always insanely crowded and the compensation doesn't make it worth it, theres no benefits nor ways of advancement.
Employment Review
Seasonal Stock Associate (Former Employee), Christiana Mall, DelawareJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: supportive manangment and coworkers
I enjoyed my experience at Macy's. The management provided a very supportive team and motivated us at all times to do our best. Because of my work ethic and committed attitude towards work, I was able to thrive as an employee.
I liked many aspects and my co-workers.
Sales Associate, Gourmet Foods, Men's Furnishings (Former Employee), Chicago, IL - State StreetJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: employee discounts and macy's money
Cons: recovery
As a retail store the typical day would begin with getting the area I worked in ready for guests. Greeting guersts and assisting them in finding what they were looking for.
My co-workers and I got along quite well and were supportive.
My manager pretty much left our area alone, as it was well organized and managment was rarely needed.
The hardest part, I guess, was the recovery of merchandise.
Most enjoyabe was the returning guests who would seek me out.
What I learned was more patience then I thought I ever had.
Thoroughly enjoyed working with management and associates.
Part Time Human Resources and Executive Mail Room (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 18, 2015
Part of the Human Resources position allowed much interaction with interviewees and associates. It was a pleasant and fulfilling experience as everyone was welcoming and made the workplace stress free. The job requirements and daily work responsibilities were in line with my job as "on call". I made many good friends and will remember this job with satisfaction and good memories.