MADD Employee Reviews in United States

Non-profit
Administrative Support/Office Management (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 1, 2016
MADD is an organization started to provide positive activism in various communities to eliminate drunk driving and underage drinking. They have been a valuable force in the communities they serve.
Pros
Being a part of a great service organization
Cons
N/A
An Organization that needs to get back on track
Walk Manager (Current Employee) –  East Haven, CTJanuary 1, 2016
Currently the organization is in the same boat as many non-profits. They are struggle to incorporate new revenue streams to make up for their deficits. However, they have a very short term vision plan with no contingencies and not enough experienced leadership at the helm to get them to long-term growth. The organization is losing money hand-over-fist and the ratio of dollar raised to fundraising is way out of hand.
Proud to work for a company with a mission to eliminate drunk driving.
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2015
I rated this company honestly due to my personal experience. I love what MADD stands for and our mission to end drunk driving has become a passion of mine that will stick with me from here on out. I have also learned so many skills that will help me going forward like working with victims, volunteer, community service workers, and more. I have also learned many skills like accounting, customer service, and saw a glimpse of what the corporate world holds. I have, however, had problems with management in the past which has since changed. I had a boss that was having me forge his signature and make deposits to a fundraising account when it should have gone elsewhere. I have two co-workers that are victims of this violent crime and I have been humbled to work by their sides. It is a constant reminder that what I do on a day to day basis is important. One third of my job is running what is called a Victim Impact Panel. We have 12 throughout our state each month and I run 5 of them. At these panels, I am in charge of communicating with our victim volunteers who come to share their stories to the attendees (which are court ordered to attend for receiving a DUI, multiple traffic violations, etc.), coordinating the class and making sure all runs smoothly and that includes paperwork processing. I have gained many skills and would love to stay with this company but because it is non profit, the pay is very minimal and due to a recent move, my commute has become too long to maintain.
Pros
Supporting the mission of a wonderful organization
Cons
minimal pay, poor previous management
Madd
Executive Director/CEO (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 8, 2014
MADD is one of the most ineffective non-profit in the country. The COO is running this company to the ground. They don't deliver the services the say the do. MADD leadership don't know how to run a non-profit effectively. The morale in the organization is very low. There so much wasted. If you aren't a withe woman on this organization you have no chance.
Cons
many
Fun place to work
Intern (Current Employee) –  Huntington, NYApril 14, 2014
Great organization to intern at. The staff are very nice and pleasant to be around. The mission is important to help educate the community of the dangers of drunk driving.
Mothers Against Drunk Driving
Henry County CAS Leader & VIP Coordinator (Former Employee) –  atlDecember 25, 2013
*Drunk driving research, collaborating everything needed for VIP, ensuring that all attendees will have needs met.
*I learned that as a country we have been fighting against drunk driving and underage drinking for two decades.
*Management is VERY supportive.
*Co-workers are there for you when you need them and we all get along.
*The hardest part of the job is listening to the horrific stories of survivor or families.
*The best part of the job is seeing an attendee change their life around to the good and make a commitment to never drive impaired again.
Pros
seeing the changes in peoples lives.
Cons
hearing to stories
Great Place To Work
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 22, 2013
Although my stay with Mothers Against Drunk Driving was short-lived due to the end of the grant cycle, I enjoyed my time with the company. I had the opportunity to meet and work with many great people as I shared MADD's message about the dangers of distracted and impaired driving. I spent most of my days meeting with school officials or local government officials; trying to set up workshops or seminars for the communities of North Mississippi. The thing I enjoyed most was participating in Health Fairs which afforded me the opportunity to meet and speak with the public. I provided printed materials and shared statistical data pertaining to underage drinking and crashes/deaths that were alcohol related.
Pros
equipping parents and community leaders to speak against drunk driving.
Cons
although many community leaders wanted to hear madd's message, it was hard to secure meetings and set up community events.
It is a Productive place to meet people and help others as well.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 14, 2013
I loved volunteering at MADD because it gives me a great feeling helping out people who have been in the same situation such as myself. Also to know that I am not the only one grieving for a loved one.
Positive message that comes from the organization.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 6, 2012
A typical day with this organization is attending health fairs and educating people on not drinking and driving. Also speaking to people about the laws that have changed and affect homeowners who have parties and friends or family members leaving the party intoxicated how it affects the homeowner. The hardest part of this internship was dealing with all the attitudes of the ladies in the office because they are all different but there was gossip and I do not like gossip and do not feel there is a need for it in the office. The most enjoyable part of the internship was relying the powerful message that this organization had to share with others.
Pros
powerful message
Cons
gossip & attitude

Want to know more about MADD?

Ask a question