Madison Area Technical College Employee Reviews in United States

No hope for the college
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 8, 2016
Sorry to say but the college is on a downward free fall. Employment is toxic. I feel for the instructors who really keep the doors open.
Pros
Students, State Benefits and Parking
Cons
Management, break down of the unions
I absolutely loved my group of instructors
President of Madison College Radiography Club (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 16, 2015
My teachers are what made my completion of this program successful. They are extremely supportive, patient, understanding, and knowledgeable. They're were always there for us no matter what and there compassion and enthusiasm to teach really shined through!!1
Pros
The faculty definitely made the schooling less intimidating
Cons
Sometimes just not feeling like there was enough time to get everything done
Great
Intern (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 7, 2015
Madison Area Technical College, was great. Working there was great. I really enjoyed working there. Everyone was really nice.
Fun Place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 24, 2015
I didn't really have a typical day. Everyday there was something new to learn. As I did several jobs at once. One day I would be a cashier, the next I'd work in the kitchen. It was pretty fun.
Technical training
Law Enforcement Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 20, 2015
I started my position as a program coordinator for Law Enforcement training to gain a foothold in starting a career in upper education. My work consisted of direct management of the academy training for pre-service law enforcement students, scheduling classes, hiring and scheduling instructional staff and monitoring classroom delivery for compiance with DOJ standards. My job also required me to develop more contracted training seminars for law enforcement agencies within a five county area. My co-workers where individuals I worked with within my law enforcement career, which made my job very enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was re-building a program that had fallen out of grace with local law enforcement. Management was very supportive of my efforts and provided me the tools to get my job done.
Pros
Learning how technical education works
Cons
Full time instructional staff very territorial
Helping college students daily
Clerical Assistant - Student Development (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 5, 2015
My days at the college go fast due to the nature of my position. The job can be very stressful some days due to assisting students with critical situations, but can also be very rewarding when you hear the success of a student. I love what I do and work well under pressure.
Great Times
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Madison, WisconsinApril 3, 2015
I had a great experience working for Madison Area Technical College. It was a great atmosphere, great mentors, great entry level experience!
Was able to work on projects
STUDENT HELP (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 4, 2015
I was a student helper as a lab monitor. I supervised the computer labs for a couple of hours a week. It benefited students and it also benefited me. It helped me get my projects done.
Fun!
Writing Tutor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 30, 2014
Helping the students was definitely the best part of my time there. I only worked a couple hours a week and most of the time was spent in the writing center.
Fun simple side job at MATC
Student Help (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 22, 2014
It was an easy going place, with simple tasks and all you really had to do was come in and do basic tasks helping students with studying and logging their info for attendance in an excel spreadsheet document.
Pros
quiet, simple, got to help people learn
Cons
low hours
fun doing the fundraising
Athletic Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 27, 2014
I love meeting new people, very busy at times. Learned a great deal about marketing tools.
Pros
free gym membership
Madison Area Technical College wonderful place to work as an part time Instructor.
Lab Assistant / Instructor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 16, 2014
I worked for MATC as a part time Instructor. A typical day teaching at MATC was the same as working for any other Beauty College that I have worked for in the past. Wonderful opportunity!

Management/Coworkers were all greatl to work with.

I enjoy teaching and helping others succeed.
Pros
great hourly pay.
Cons
no benefits for a part time emplyee.
MATC is a professional environment for advanced training
Honor Student (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 8, 2014
The instructors made the education rewarding by working one-on-one and encouraging students to do their best.
Pros
campus and its satelites are close to home
Cons
parking (availability and cost)
Fulfilling work and a great team.
Adjunct Culinary Arts Instructor (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 16, 2014
I am always excited to go to work. It is a very professional atmosphere. My co-workers always give freely of their expertise and time to the students. It is an incredible experience to see the growth that our students achieve in such a short time. And to see these students go out into the workforce and succeed gives me a great sense of accomplishment.
Productive and fun workplace
Art teacher (Former Employee) –  Reedsburg, WISeptember 6, 2013
It was a temporary work.
MATC clothed this program now because a leak of students.
The hardest part of work was a quantity of students, I felt I could not give a proper attention to every person.
I had a pleasure to teach arts to different people.
Pros
no lunches
Cons
short brakes
MATC Portage Library
Librarian (Current Employee) –  Portage, WIMarch 14, 2013
Librarian duties - checking library materials in and out - public relations and information
Pros
flexible breaks
Cons
loud student noise
Student Job
Lead Orientaion Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 14, 2013
Do not work for the College if you are student there. They walk all over you and management is very sub-par. Especially in the Student Life area.
This is a challenging job. I work on something different every day.
District Electrician Range 10 (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 28, 2012
I absolutely love this job. I have a great boss. The people here are fantastic to work with.
Pros
great work. good compensation.
Cons
no opportunity for advancement from where i have risen to. there are no overtime opportunities.

4.5