Madison Area Technical College Employee Reviews

Relaxed but professional
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 11, 2017
Madison College is a relaxed, but professional employer. They are very accommodating and truly want their employees to excel. Every experience I have had at Madison College has been positive.
Rewarding
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Portage, WISeptember 8, 2017
I taught various courses for the Administrative Assistant program. I learned something new with every class that I taught, each student I taught brought a unique perspective to the classroom.

Each Administrator at the school was well trained and very qualified for the job.

MATC-Portage was great place to work. Instructors were friendly and worked well together to give students a good environment to learn.

The hardest part of the job was learning new students every 8 to 16 weeks.

What I enjoyed most was the change in the confidence of the students over the course of each class.
Pros
The students.
productive with comical hummer
FOOD LINE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 9, 2017
I enjoy working there because of the people, it helps pass the time there. They try to teach you the necessary tools so that you can complete these task's as efficient as possible.
Pros
free drinks when on shift, great co-workers.
Cons
Work late night and early mornings.
adjunct professor
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 15, 2017
Prepared class notes and presentation from home office using the text books assigned to the class.

Created tests for students and graded their knowledge of the lessons taught.

Interaction with the students in role playing some counseling sessions.

Introduced the DSM 5 manual to students to identify psychological disorders and what criteria must be met. Discussed psychologist from history, like Freud, Jung, and others.

Discussed differences of analysis and ways to treat individual symptoms and presentation of challenges of those diagnosised. Had class guest lecturers to enhance the learning experience.

Was a hands on instructor, pulling students into open discussions and debates to assess their critical thinking abilities.

Typical day was 3 hours on non-paid preparation for class, one hour of teaching the class, 3 hours per week doing assessments of students involvement and learning curves. The Wisconsin Technical System does not hire full time instructors unless one in tenure has died and there were no benefits from being an adjunct faculty member.
Pros
Worked from home, could access Tech College Resources, print off exams, and create learning plan from home.
Cons
No benefits, no pay for class preparation or grading, and no possibility of advancement into a full time position.
Great place to work. Was a work-study position.
Enrollment Center & Student Peer Adviser (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 2, 2017
Great job! Great people! I was sad to see my time with Madison College come to an end as my work-study time came to a close. Madison College has a great environment for both employees and students!
Pros
work-study
Cons
short-term
Office Assistant/Work Study
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 29, 2017
Job is only open to student veterans using GI Bill benefits. The daily routine is assisting veterans with questions about their benefits, maintaining the office/lounge,and assist Veteran Student Services in coordinating events for veterans at the school. This jobs helps build your social and costumer service skills if they needed to be strengthen. The job is easy going , but one needs to stay up to date on the benefits for veterans.
Pros
adjustable hours
Cons
only open during school semesters
fast paced and willing to learn from mistakes
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 9, 2017
From the ground up, this division was created to bring in money to support candidates and that is what it did. It was increased up to a million dollar operation in less that 3 year.
Pros
fast paced quick changing
Cons
waiting for other departments to get the information to us that we needed
Fun, engaging educational environment
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WI 53704April 6, 2017
A typical day at work is mainly catching up on homework, helping others with their homework, and maintaining the appearance of the lab. The most enjoyable part of the day is to help others and myself gain experience in various subjects such as Microsoft Office, Windows, and Adobe.
This organization has too many politics
Lead PeopleSoft Administrator (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 5, 2017
Lots of talented people, and tons of tax money, but not creative and friendly. IT Management has a very strange taste to implement various procedures. IT Management does not know business and technology.
Student Technical Help
Student Technical Help (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 14, 2017
I learned to manage fellow technicians and got to train them in the computer repair process. I learned to develop and manage a small business server environment. Learning to manage multiple computers,systems, Hypervisor, and Printer. This job was a good stepping stone in learning about many different things as well as being a lead in a team and managing multiple teams.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Part time Employment
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 12, 2017
It is a teamwork environment. It was beneficial working with the college. I have learned so much and co-workers are there for support. Enjoyed it and grew in the field there.
Easy and Loving People to work with
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 1, 2016
My typical day at work was easy, I was only a student helper. But my job included answer the phones, helping students, setting up for events, stocking the bookstore, hanging up flyers and creating documents on the computer. My co-workers were nice and open, and they were all great to work with.
Dedicated to Student Success
Adjunct Faculty - Business and Applied Arts (Former Employee) –  Portage, WIAugust 5, 2016
MATC is committed to student success. There is little training offered at regional campuses for new faculty and minimal communication from the main Truax campus for departments. There is little to no opportunity for full time instructor positions. The pay for part-time instruction is far below industry standards.
No hope for the college
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 8, 2016
Sorry to say but the college is on a downward free fall. Employment is toxic. I feel for the instructors who really keep the doors open.
Pros
Students, State Benefits and Parking
Cons
Management, break down of the unions
Great Place to work
Six Sigma Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 28, 2015
A great place to work with a solid team. The government funding and budget is sometimes an issue but overall the CIO is a great visionary to work for.
Pros
Good Team
Cons
Funding
I absolutely loved my group of instructors
President of Madison College Radiography Club (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 16, 2015
My teachers are what made my completion of this program successful. They are extremely supportive, patient, understanding, and knowledgeable. They're were always there for us no matter what and there compassion and enthusiasm to teach really shined through!!1
Pros
The faculty definitely made the schooling less intimidating
Cons
Sometimes just not feeling like there was enough time to get everything done
Great
Intern (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 7, 2015
Madison Area Technical College, was great. Working there was great. I really enjoyed working there. Everyone was really nice.
Fun Place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 24, 2015
I didn't really have a typical day. Everyday there was something new to learn. As I did several jobs at once. One day I would be a cashier, the next I'd work in the kitchen. It was pretty fun.
Technical training
Law Enforcement Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 20, 2015
I started my position as a program coordinator for Law Enforcement training to gain a foothold in starting a career in upper education. My work consisted of direct management of the academy training for pre-service law enforcement students, scheduling classes, hiring and scheduling instructional staff and monitoring classroom delivery for compiance with DOJ standards. My job also required me to develop more contracted training seminars for law enforcement agencies within a five county area. My co-workers where individuals I worked with within my law enforcement career, which made my job very enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was re-building a program that had fallen out of grace with local law enforcement. Management was very supportive of my efforts and provided me the tools to get my job done.
Pros
Learning how technical education works
Cons
Full time instructional staff very territorial
Helping college students daily
Clerical Assistant - Student Development (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 5, 2015
My days at the college go fast due to the nature of my position. The job can be very stressful some days due to assisting students with critical situations, but can also be very rewarding when you hear the success of a student. I love what I do and work well under pressure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Madison Area Technical College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3