Madison County Commission Employee Reviews

A very family oriented place of work.
Assessing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 3, 2017
A typical day for me at Madison County Commission was dealing with the general public heavily on a day to day basis. It was very rewarding for me in so many ways. Would love to at some point join what I called a family agian.
good job, great benefits
License Department Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 22, 2017
I enjoyed the people I worked with......it was the customers who would give us a problem! haha, but it was a challenge to figure out problems with paperwork, etc and then eventually succeed in getting them their titles or tags straightened out
Pros
good benefits
Cons
stressful when dealing with bad apples
Review Summary
Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 30, 2016
This organization has given me the training and skills needed to perform with optimal management support. The typical working schedule is 8-5 Monday through Friday. I thoroughly enjoy my position, you rarely find a career that you are passionate about and that's what I've found working in this department. The hardest part of the job bringing new ideas to colleagues that do not believe in change. To win them over I hear out their concerns and attempt to educate them on the positive aspects of reorganization.
Pros
Urgent Care Clinic
Cons
Micromanaged...low morale
prison setting facility
Detention Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 2, 2016
A typical day at work was 12 hour daily. However I personally learned how to multi- task operating 5 computers at one time. Management wasn't fair when it came too promotions and raises.Me and my team players build a synergistic team. In my overall opinion when it comes to the hardest part of the job, lack of team work on co-workers behalf. The most enjoyable part of my career at Madison County, was the professional opportunity to converse with the Chief and various attorney's.
very hard work and low pay
tire repair (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 29, 2015
I repaired tires on very large equipment. It was hard work and I had to be in the sun all day. It was hard to get the defective tires off of the rim.
Pros
traveled alot
Cons
very low pay and hard work
Environment of change.
Solid Waste Director (Former Employee) –  Madison, FloridaApril 8, 2014
Enjoyed implementation of culture changes for the department. Most difficult part of the job was enduring ever changing political environment. Great growth experience.
It was a good place to learn and grow
Clerk 3/ Fill in supervisor (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 15, 2013
When it was busy, it was great. Learned something new each day. When slow, they seemed to find reasons to get rid of the office. Were and are probably still going to, contract it out. However, the place used to be about a steady work place and be the perfect place to work till retirement kind of life. It has since become something else. Has great potential to return to it's old glory. The people that work there are all hard working and amazing. Made the job better to work with a great team.
Pros
People, insurance, benefits
Cons
I had no room to grow
Great Company
Assessing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AlabamaNovember 25, 2013
A typical day at the Courthouse, would be basically being there to help the general public with all their assessing needs as needed. A great working environment!!
Pros
Across the board, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Cons
Great Benefits
Productive and Great Work Environment
Utility Worker/Driver (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 7, 2013
A typical day at work was great. Unfortunately the job no longer exists due to a massive layoff at Madison County Commission.
easy going work
utilities man (Former Employee) –  Harvest, AlabamaFebruary 17, 2012
great place to work. Really laid back.. loose-supervision.