Madison Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Busy
Office Manager/Receptionist/Billing/Coding (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDFebruary 8, 2018
I held many different positions with Madison Memorial
customer service
customer care
data entry
making sure all forms were completed
filing insurance
collecting payments
Pros
on site cafeteria
Cons
30 minute drive to work
Bad Experiences
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDDecember 12, 2017
When I worked at the Maddison Memorial Hospital, it was going great until I got a new boss. He was all talk but the progress was not showing. He treated me unfairly and have reported to HR multiple of times and they have not done anything to help me out or even the fellow workers. When I was working, I only would work about two to three days of the week with very low hours. When I was off, they would normally schedule me to work and I would drop my things and go to work and was not paid for overtime and did not have any benefits non whatsoever.
Great
Registered Nurse (Labor and Delivery) (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDNovember 14, 2017
This was a great place to work. I really enjoyed my time there. They have a great orientation program and get their new nurses well trained by the end of it.
nice coworkers, dispensible employees
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDOctober 9, 2017
Nice people to work with minus management. College town so employees are highly replaceable. Granted vacation requests were revoked with little to no notice.
Great Place to Work
Admissions clerk/Billing Rep (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDSeptember 27, 2017
Madison Memorial is a growing hospital with up to date equipment.
It serves a wide range of territory in South Eastern Idaho.
Employees and Providers are friendly and the Cafeteria serves the BEST food in town.
Pros
Small College Town
Medical Technologist (ASCP) (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJuly 26, 2017
MMH is the only county owned non critical access hospital in Idaho. MMH is also a self sustainable nonprofit hospital
MMH has 69 Beds and is a full service facility
It's on the forefront of providing evidence based holistic patient carel linking its community members to the most progressive physicians treatment and medical technology available
A very tight knit family type structure where at work you feel at home with your co-workers.
Help Desk Intern (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJune 8, 2017
I love working at Madison Memorial Hospital because all of your co-workers make you feel like you're home and you are apart of their family. Lot's of smiles on everyone's faces. Management is alright and their will always be things to work on, but overall functions very smoothly. Overall a great place to work. Hardest part of your job is dealing with people who are upset and frustrated with their current situation and need I.T. Assistance Most enjoyable is making that issue go away and seeing the relief on their faces and in their voices when the problem is fixed.
Pros
Very rewarding work. Close family type environment with co-workers.
Cons
Very upset Doctors/Nurses who need problems fixed NOW but that's not an option sometimes.
Lively workplace, friendly atmosphere
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJune 1, 2017
Enjoyable and positive work environment, with friendly coworkers.

Day to day was spent admitting patients to the hospital, collecting patient information,collecting samples, managing phone systems and collecting payments.

Management is positive and friendly and takes a strong roll in making sure you are trained; and the training is very thorough.

There is a potluck for the admitting staff every third Friday, everyone brings something delicious

Hardest part was the training; lots of information to learn, and sometimes you wouldn't use that information for weeks and then you would forget it, and have to refresh.

Pay is low for national range but medium in this area.It it is a rewarding job with something new everyday.
Pros
Discounts, Benefits, Location, Coworkers
Cons
Short breaks
Other staff in lab look out well for each other
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDMay 17, 2017
While it has been several years since I've worked there, at the time all members of the lab department helped each other and made sure that tests were done and resulted to aid doctors in patient care.
Pros
Great management and enjoyable coworkers
Good people but poor opportunities and closed minded culture.
Materials Management Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDApril 4, 2017
Great place to work but very set in their ways. Management us unqualified and more importance is put on who you know and how long you've been there. Compensation is poor for non clinical and underpaid. no growth opportunities.
Very Exciting
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Madison, GAMarch 29, 2017
At Madison Memorial I was able to do what I liked to do all in one. I enjoyed taking care of my clients as well as collecting the necessary specimen. I was able to get many of them cured from being afraid of needles. That made me excited.
Fun workplace with great people and amazing patients.
ADMITTING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDDecember 21, 2016
Madison Memorial in Rexburg, Idaho was/is absolutely the best place to work. The relationships made here will last a lifetime. Providers care so much for their patients. Really make sure that patients and their families have a good stay..
Busy , fun environment that provides many educational experiences.
Medical Staff Intern (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDApril 30, 2016
I has an awesome internship experience. I recommend it to others. Hands on learning, fun while working together as a team. Fantastic leadership, and a great work environment.
Work Summary
Healthcare Administration Society Leader/Member (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDApril 4, 2016
Having the opportunity to lead and work with a large society of students at BYU-Idaho was a valuable opportunity. I gained better leadership qualities and characteristics that further my development as a servant leader.
Caring and Teamwork-oriented
Day Surgery Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDMarch 15, 2016
Madison has an incredible staff devoted to quality patient care. Employees and departments work together to make a difference, and the staff is known for their friendly manner and dedication to patients first; I experienced this everyday firsthand. Everyone is so kind, has an upbeat attitude, and love what they do. The job tests your brain power, and you encounter high-stress situations, but it's always rewarding at the end of the day.
Pros
Great cafeteria food, friendly and helpful staff, teamwork, effective problem-solving
Cons
high-stress situations
Madison Memorial Hospital
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDFebruary 9, 2016
Wonderful place to work. Although I am leaving because there is no more opportunities to facilitate my growth. I would recommend this job to others for sure. Hope to go back someday.
Best place to work
Director of Nutritional Services (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJanuary 6, 2016
Best place to work. I love the culture and the environment. I would highly suggest it to anyone looking for a great place to have a career.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJune 29, 2015
I learned valuable skills regarding social media. During the internship I was the one creating short videos for the company. I filmed videos and then after edited the videos to ensure that it looked good. I later posted to different websites such as Youtube and Facebook. I did other things for the hospital in their Marketing department such as creating blog posts, creating posters, editing pictures in Photoshop, and learned Google Analytics. The hardest part about the job was when I first started the internship. I had experience from school but the different projects I worked on was given as an assignment from my supervisor. He would give me an assignment and if I didn't know how to do it, then I looked it up on Google and every time figured out how to do it. This was the hardest thing about the job but also the most enjoyable experience. .
Pros
Free Lunches, Learned Different Skill Sets, Learned from Mistakes
Housekeeping
Housekeeping Aid (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDApril 23, 2015
This was a wonderful place to work, I learned a lot about values and how to work with team members and accomplish more when working with team work. The management team needs a lot of work on how to be able to work along side the employees and how to be fair with all employees. I enjoyed all the people that I got to know throughout the 4 years.
Pros
great xmas bonus
Cons
being able to charge so much
Productive and fun workplace
Information Systems Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IdahoJanuary 27, 2015
Madison Memorial has always been concerned about the wellness of their employees. Currently the hospital is doing a "Biggest Loser" Contest. We workout together as co-workers, create healthy drinks, all while providing a positive and motivating environment.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
No windows in office spaces.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Madison Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3