Madison Security Group Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Bad MGMT & Dispatchers
Tour Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 11, 2016
I worked for this company as a supervisor for two months at which time I left. There was no orientation, You are not informed that you must sign on to a union and pay union fees until you have filled out hundreds of forms and have been giving one uniform and your picture taken by some young man who looks like he has been living on the streets for months. No post conditions at the sites. Supervisors do all the patrols and report writing. there is no training of the guards what so ever. The MGMT stiff gossip about each other right in front of new and expecting employee's. I worked 14 days in a row, 16 of 17 days. When I requested one day off I was told that it could not be given by the dispatcher but only by someone in MGMT whom I could never reach. I had a doctors appointment to which I notified the dispatcher which I was informed to, only to be told that I was a supervisor and could not call out even thought it was 48 hrs notice and if I did not report to work that I would lose my schedule for the week. The dispatcher can make that decision but cannot give a day off was the last straw for me. I know that I should have walk out on day one, but after filling out forms for 3 hours you say to yourself "what the heck, give it a chance" if you run into this company don't do it.
Pros
Cons
Poor MGMT
wow
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 25, 2016
Worst place in the history of jobs. I rather be a bum than work there. If u want to be kunta kinte than come work for madison. They love them slaves.
Pros
Cons
everything
long boring job in the worse places
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 25, 2013
A good day at Madison started with one of the three shifts since a security post is 24 hours a day in each site. Depending on how productive the job was, depend on the shift you had. Honestly I didn't learn much but from the prior training I had gained from courses to obtain my security licence. The management wasn't efficient enough to support the needs of the employees there. Which is one of the reasons people kept quitting more then people getting hired but at the end of the day, a job is a job. I didn't know much of the people who worked as the same company as I did. Honestly there was a lot room for improvement like the pay but the biggest one would be the lack of communication and understanding of the employees. I didn't find much to enjoy about the job but the fact I was getting paid.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
work in bad areas, pay way too low, no benefits, etc
Decent and enjoyable work place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 20, 2015
A typical Madison Security day is calm and steady. Patrolling residential buildings; from that I've learned tenants are more respectful when the guard is. The management team at Madison work well and are easy to speak too about work situations. Staffing and Co-workers all are there to do they job and job only. The hardest park of the job is working in winter due to the site location being a block away from the beach.
good job to start
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 12, 2014
pays minimal but gives raises, makes you work hard and constant, people always on your back, some management sucks
Security Company that epitomizes corruption
Lieutenant (Former Employee) –  charles HillOctober 20, 2013
One of the worst security companies out there.I wouldn't even recommend this company to beginners in security.I am a former employee who invested 2yrs in the company and only gotten advancements because of my fighting prowess.No benefits,starting low pay and they don't even have direct deposit.
Pros
you get to meet different people who may be influential to you depending where you go.
Cons
you don't get paid for your mealbreaks, bi-weekly pay, and the company itself is corrupt.
Don't bother
security officer (Former Employee) –  bronxAugust 6, 2014
This place is a total rat hole. They pulled a bait and switch advertising a driving position at trump golf course. I spend the entire day filling out a gigantic stack of papers, and when I finally get the schedule , its for only19 hours and at 8 bucks and hour, at some hood building in the Bronx! Not only that but they also had silly fees that they take out your first check. I wish I had listen to the reviews I read online. Unfortunately, the reviews are true. I asked for my license back as soon as I heard the manager speak. He removed any reservations I might have had about leaving upon opening his mouth. Don't waste your time. I can't believe they are still in business.
Pros
none at all
Cons
every last thing
Do not recommend
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 5, 2013
I did not last long because of my co-workers tried to get me in trouble and i got fired for something i did not do.
Pros
close to home
Cons
horrible hours
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 17, 2013
•a typical day at work- Data entry of the night and tour of the building
•what you learned- How do deal with other
•the hardest part of the job- Dealing with the public
•the most enjoyable part of the job- Helping others
not a great company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 19, 2014
not the company to work for. they expect a lot of you for 7.40. they refuse to give overtime and they do not care about staff.
ALL EX LEOs Stay Away
armed security (Former Employee) –  queens NyMarch 25, 2014
this company does not even have direct deposit
They will not mail your check
They have supervisors with Law enforcement exp. and they expect a Retiree to Jump (really) after doing 20yrs I jump for NO ONE
worst
security guard (Former Employee) –  BronxAugust 6, 2013
One of worst place to work, 7.65 starting, they send one of the worst area in Bronx especially at project. Stay away
Pros
bi weekly pay check but you have to pick up.
Cons
7.65 per hour, each day at different location & time

1.7