Madison Square Garden

Madison Square Garden Employee Reviews

one of the best jobs that i ever had
Extra Laborer (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 22, 2015
working at madison square garden had its up and downs but overall it was one of the best jobs that i ever had. i love the atmosphere working the events there.
Surreal Work Environment working for Pro Sports Teams
Digital Producer/Editor (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 2, 2015
Pros: Experience, Something new every day
Cons: Lack of benefits, Disorganization
A typical day at work for me is that every day is different, which is exciting. I was a videographer/producer/editor for the pro sports teams associated with MSG. I would film b-roll of the teams skate and then proceed to their locker room where media availability would take place (scrums, 1on1 interviews).

Game days would be spent at the arena all day. I would film and capture the entire atmosphere associated with the team and fan base. A later edit would result in mini sports news stories that would post on the teams mediums.

The hardest part of the job would be during playoff time. PR events and activities pick up considerably and at times it was challenging to allot enough time for everyones request.

Working for MSG was an absolute honor and privilege. The most enjoyable part was: it's s great environment that allows you freedom to express your own vision when producing certain projects. At the same time, you work in an setting in which legendary athletic accomplishments take place.
Great environment to be in, get in what you put out
Student Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 29, 2015
Pros: Working at a premier venue, great cohesion
Cons: not exposed to other departments, as well as other interns
My responsibilities at MSG varied greatly. It was mostly asking the department if they needed any help (again this is an internship). If you talk to people they will talk back to you and answer any questions, never be reluctant.
Accounting Manager, Corporate Finance Operations (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 20, 2015
Always busy
Supervisors go the extra mile to train you and give you the skill set you need to do your job
Co workers are typical New Yorkers
I love the entertainment industry
Nice place to work
Contract Trainer (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 15, 2015
I enjoyed my temp assignment at Madison Square Garden. People were friendly and helpful. Learned a lot and not a stressful work environment.
Production Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 11, 2015
MSG was a good place to work. Most people were very nice and there's always a change of running into someone famous. If your on the production end, it's very long hours including nights, weekends and holidays and no health benefits but very decent shift pay.
Fun place to work
Dancer (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 27, 2015
A typical day at work includes practices and dancing at home basketball games. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with families who face varying obstacles in the Garden of Dreams Foundation. It is most rewarding to see the genuine smiles and happiness on the faces of all the children we meet and work with.
Fun workplace with different events.
Food/Cashier (Current Employee), New York,NYApril 23, 2015
Pros: Take home food sometimes
Cons: No breaks
A day at work at Madison Square Garden is a fun interesting day. You see different people of all kinds of culture and a lot of events goes on depending what day you work such as basketball, hockey, boxing, bull riding, and etc. I learned how to interact with everyone and how to manage talking with the customers that come there. My co workers always work as a team to get the job done. I wouldn't really have a hardest part of the job because anything that needs to get done will get done but I might have to say the hardest part has to be denying a customer no more alcohol for the rest of the night whether it's because we aren't serving anymore or if they didn't have the right form of ID with them. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to make the customers satisfied with what they need and being able to watch the game as well sometimes.
Summary
Food Prep/ Beverage (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 30, 2015
Overall the Job is fun and exciting. The best part of the job is the fans and the people that come to the event. The hardest part of the job is dealing with management and co-workers, needs to be more organized. In the Summer its really no work.
Guest Services Flexibility
Guest relations (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Complementary Tickets, Discounts, Paid Break, Building Experience
Cons: Uniform
A typical day at MSG (Madison Square Garden) is never typical, there are different events that occur which makes the work atmosphere an exciting & thrilling place to work. One day I am working as a Concierge/ Escort for VIP GUEST.( Celebrity, NBA, NHL, Executives and even the CEO) the next day I am simply working with the guest from people with disabilities and -people who just need general help. With constant events at the "The Worlds Most Famous Arena" flexibility is key in our department.
Very well organized, Busy and eventful.
Cashier/ Food prep (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 3, 2015
Always busy and interesting. Had a new place to work with different people almost everyday. Sometimes had favorites with people most of the time job was a simple task.
fun work environment and good atmosphere
Portable Preparation Worker (Current Employee), New york nyJanuary 30, 2015
manager are pretty fair. job is fun that we can see the events as we work. typical day make sure the customer satisfy and help as much as possible for the customer that is within my power.
A great opportunity
Area Manager of Multiple Concession Venues (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 20, 2015
Every day was different. You had all kinds of events from Knicks & Ranger games to concerts and the circus.
Many fantastic events went on during my employment. The RNC (Republic Nation Convention) for the re-election of George W. Bush. To the concert for NYC after 911.
The job was stressful many times, but the reward of pulling off such great events was great.
13 years went by in a blink.
Productive environment
Internship (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 19, 2015
Great place to work and showcase your skills/talents. Management very helpful, and able to attend events.
Not dependable with poor management
Sales Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: entry level salaries
Madison Square Garden is always going through changes. There is always a new reorganization happening within the company. Upper management is always changing, as is the direction of the company, providing an unsecured workplace, which also makes advancement within the company difficult due to the high turnover and new philosophies.
Fast pace and exciting
Standing-Level Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: learning to work under presure
Cons: when there wasnt events there wasnt any work.
Madison Square Garden was a very busy environrment,being a Standing Level Supervisor was like being a chameleon because each work day you could be placed in different situations with different employees and different duties.The events particularly changed the duties and decisions of the day.Meeting and greeting many celebrities was exciting.
Fun place to work and could learn a lot
Utility/Laborer (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: the pay
Cons: no union
A typical day at msg is just transforming the arena from one venue to the next venue. I have learn the skill of assembling NHL Hockey set ups, NBA Basketball setups and concert stage building. We are supervised by foreman's and building ops who make sure we carry out our duties. The Co-Workers are like a family inside the building. The hardest part about the job is communication and scheduling but the best is the pay and over time you can make and work.
I love the garden.
Guest Service Rep (Current Employee), new york, nyJanuary 8, 2015
This is a part time job , in which I assist the V.I.P's and there family and friend . I keep a pleasant and warm welcome to the garden and enjoy meeting celebrities and there families.
Almost everyone's dream job
New York Liberty, Marketing (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 12, 2014
Pros: working along with the best of the best
Cons: as a young person still learning, it can be difficult to learn as fast but i kept up
My day would start and end with prospecting new clients. In between I did a lot of cool stuff though. I go to work media days, help conceptualize the game day entertainment around the game, create promotions to help the sales team push sales attract new fans, and work along side some of the best people in sports in the world.

I learned so much about the sports industry that it sticks with me until today!

Management was always tough but fair! They looked to get the most out of us and rightfully so. Coming to Madison Square Garden should always be a five-star experience and they made sure of it.
My experience at MSG
Food Preparer (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 9, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: no break at all
Working at the garden was fairly okay in every aspect. it could've been a bit more organized as far as each day had went. co workers were okay, did not really get too much into death with them. but for the most part it was good job to have had. and yes i would recommend others to work there.

1 2 3 4 5

About Madison Square Garden

Like the city it calls home, Madison Square Garden (MSG) is the entertainment company that never sleeps. While known for its legendary – Read more

Madison Square Garden Salaries