Maersk Drilling Employee Reviews

Great benefits
Lead Floor Hand (Current Employee) –  GULF OF MEXICOJuly 3, 2017
Good place to work!! The benefits and pay top most of your companies. The company provides travel pay and food. If you work overseas then that's additional bonus on your checks.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Travel time
Great co-workers
Engine Room Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 15, 2017
Day always begins with meeting and handover. I've learned a lot about fittings, drill floor equipment, and pumps. There's not many good things I can say about management at all. The workplace culture is good on most days. Hardest part about the job is being gone from home for 4 weeks and dealing with management and HR.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
4 weeks of solid work, management, and HR. Unstable oil prices
Very good and safe work place.
Hyd mechanic (Current Employee) –  InternationalJune 8, 2017
Good Company work for. In the moment all oil companies do everything to survive, so working environment could be a bit better with all those lay out people. But its steady a great place.

I been nearly all over the world for this company and always been treated very good. Safety standard very high.

Your day start with handover and then proceed to your workstation and check daily PM's. Then i go to drill floor and talk with drill crew about operation and then i plan my daily work.
Pros
Can be dificult keep the balance between family and work
Great company to work for
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2017
One of the best companies I ever worked for. The management has an open door policy where they are very willing to hear and try to come up with solutions for ay concerns you my have.
Challenging work environment with good comaraderie
Materials & Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2017
A challenging and rewarding place to work. The workplace culture is a blend of many nationalities all melding together to accomplish the task. The emphasis on Heath, Safety and Environment is at the forefront of each workday.
Pros
Mutli-cultural coworkers; Encouragement to advance
Cons
Lack of job security
great benefits
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2017
Benefits here are exceptional and hard to beat. Especially the newly added maternity benefits - that apply globally, guaranteeing women at least 14 weeks of PAID leave.
Busy place
Assistant Driller (Current Employee) –  US GOMApril 20, 2017
Worked offshore.Very busy, was an amazing job until oilfield crashed. That's all I really have to say but this is making me type more just to get back to job searching.
Outstanding Core Valves
ToolPusher (Former Employee) –  InternationalMarch 29, 2017
A day working on a drilling rig, managing the operation, preforming the clients program could change for any reason at anytime. Having the crews well prepared and trained is the key to success.
Pros
When production is up, great benifits
Cons
There redundancy program should reflect on the production that the employee produces.
Fun and productive job.
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 14, 2016
Twelve hours of work a day. Learned more than I can type on here about the oil field. The management was great onboard the rig. The co-workers where a great team as well because they was family. The hardest part of the job was being gone from home. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to go home for a month at a time .
Enjoyable place to work
Maintenance Engineer (1st Assistant Engineer) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 14, 2016
Learning opportunities
Equal Opportunity
Good management
Good Benefits
Safe Workplace
Balance between life and work

Hardest part of the job is being away from home
below par
DFO (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 28, 2016
i expected much better from this company and it was great until MDUSA had their way i am disappointed wish it coulds have been different
Good place to work for.
Rig Mechanic on Maersk Venturer (Former Employee) –  WorldwideSeptember 20, 2016
I find that the entire crew will help with anything you might have issue with. I have enjoyed working with Maersk and do wish the market would turn around. The only reason it all came to an end is due to a market crash and no contracts on the table.
Pros
Logistics were ace.
Cons
Can't think of any.
I already did a review on this
Roustabout, Maersk Valiant drill ship (Former Employee) –  US GOMSeptember 7, 2016
Management was always in a contest to see who could get what done. No clear goals between departments. Because of management crews were normally working against each other
Challenging and varied
Technical Section Leader (Former Employee) –  WorldwideAugust 18, 2016
Starting at 0600 hours.
Joining morning meetings amongst others conference calls with shore base making priorities for the day and planning upcoming projects and tasks handed over by the night shift..
Visiting work sites on the rig and doing paperwork during the day.
Evaluating planned and unscheduled maintenance tasks.
Ordering spare parts as required.
Handing over duties for the night shift.
Working day usually finished at 1800 hours unless critical tasks required more detailed hand over for the night shift
Pros
New challenges every day .
Cons
Too much paperwork
Productive and good place to work
Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2016
Everyday starts with checking SAP for PM's and answering calls to repair Drilling and Dynamic Positioning equipment on this state of the art Deepwater Drilling Ship
Pros
Excelent Pay and Time off
Cons
away from home for 28 days
Excellent employment with great company values.
Drilling Fluid Operator (Current Employee) –  Gulf of MexicoAugust 7, 2016
Currently I am responsible for multi-million dollar equipment that carries out the heart and soul of drilling operations onboard. I oversee work areas that encompasses several different operations. I am held responsible for the delegation of tasks to members on the drilling crew and their production throughout the process. I enjoy every aspect of my job. I currently work rotational schedules of 28/28. I believe the hardest part of my career so far has been the absence from my home life however it has afforded my family the luxuries I had never known.
Pros
Quanity and quality of time at home.
Cons
Physical and emotionaly challenging work.
Good people to work with, top of the line equipment
Drilling Superintendent - Maersk Valiant Drillship (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2016
I would recommend Maersk Drilling to anyone seeking to work in the drilling industry. Maersk is always on the cutting edge of technology with its drilling equipment. Safety is always a number one concern onboard all the vessels.
Gas engineer
GAS ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  City ojeda Zulia state, VenezuelaMay 20, 2016
excellent professional willing to take on challenges and new commitments to bring my best dedicated, punctual and eager to learn more home day
The Best Company I have worked for so far!!!
Motorman/ Engine room Mechanic (Former Employee) –  US Gulf of MexicoMay 3, 2016
MAERSK Drilling is one of the top drilling companies in the world with up to date technology .Top of the line supervisors from all over the world and top notch equipment. Work days were always busy staying on top of PM's, watching for possible future problems and addressing those that might arise. Housekeeping was a must in all work areas and kept in good order. Co-workers always worked as a team and accomplished work in safe and timely fashion. Communication between workers and management was an intricate part of the operation. Meals were above and beyond expectations. Time off was furnished with TV, gym, game rooms and access to phones to contact family or friends. Pay was competitive in the industry and benefit package was complete.
Pros
Working for a top ranked company
Cons
Work is controlled by the price of oil
Isolated, male dominated and potentially risky job.
Crane operator (Current Employee) –  NorthseaMarch 7, 2016
Get up at 0400, hit the gym and train for 1 hour. Breakfast, handover and get my guys started on todays jobs while attending meetings with management.

Get out on deck, operate the cranes and get things done according to plan and our procedures.

The hardest part is missing the family.

Best part is the culture in the industry, the brotherhood feeling I get. It reminds me of the Army