Maersk Line Employee Reviews

Great place to work people are nice just no job security
Cargo Execution Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 21, 2016
Its a great company but there is no job security. They offshore 80 percent of their office work. A typical work day is 8-5 second and third shift jobs have been sent oversees. The do a lot of relaxing fun activities with their employee.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No job security big fans of offshoring
Nice work environment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 31, 2016
It is a different culture as it is European based, they don't cut costs as much as American corporations. Real nice people to work with. Salary wise they are below average.
Work culture at Maersk Line
Sr sales analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 1, 2016
Work culture is amazing, HR is very good with the employees. They have flexibility in order to get the work done. If by any reason we cannot come to office we can work from home as well. management is also very supportive
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 17, 2016
I originally started with Maersk Line then requested to move to the forwarding side Maersk Logistics . Great company and excellent benefits. Maersk Logistics was eventually sold to Damco and relocated to charlottes. Best company ever to work for .
It is a good place to work and will alway refer people.
Trade Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lagos NigJune 23, 2016
It is a multinational orgarnisation.
We are goal getters and it is fun place to work.

A typical day at work is filled with energy. Meeting up with dead lines and while still on that your manger also has another duty that needed to be done along side with your dead line. It sometimes make you work all day without thinking of lunch break.

I have learned more on how to be proactive.

Manement skilled as been improved as we are given power to work with little or no supervision

My co-worker are fun to be with we a on great team tat enjoys great team work. when we achieve great result it is celebrated as a team and vise versa.

The addest part is satisfying both your internal and external customers.

The most enjoyable part of my job is when i achieve a great deal at the end of a project.

Note Overall rating is more than one star i could not pick 4 star as the site won't allow me, which is what my company is worth
Pros
free lunch, birthday celebration, team outing and team bounding, 13th month salary, christmas gift and party
Cons
good helth care benefits, one hour long breaks
Great Company
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJune 3, 2016
Great Company suspect Management.
My experience with this company for the most part was a positive one however some of the decisions made by Management made no sense.
Pros
Travel, coworkers
Cons
Management Culture
Great job experience
Regional Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 3, 2016
I love my job but the company is making changes that I don't want to be a part of. I love the knowledge I've acquired in this position. The management was excellent and the work environment was very relaxed yet professional. Definitely would have stayed if the changes were not occurring so rapidly.
I learned so much during my time there; about shipping, geography and about many different cultures around the world.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJMarch 7, 2016

Maersk is a very stable company and opportunities for advancement are unlimited; especially, if you are willing to relocate.
Big Company
First Assistant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 3, 2016
Big company I never worked in the office but I can imagine it is not that great. The office in general does not understand or care to understand the people working their own ships.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Global office pulls US Office strings with a limited understanding of US shipping, US Office in turn passes the blame and work to the ships every chance they get.
very interesting working world wide. learning other cultures
Repairman (Former Employee) –  world wideSeptember 24, 2016
typical day at work is a lot of interesting deadlines
learn to work with different people
really good co- workers during all jobs off/onshore
hardest part of the job was leading with people who did not care about finishing the tasks
the most enjoyable part was delivering the ships in time
Pros
free meals
Cons
short breaks, helthcare, and normal things going with the job
Contractual
Maritime Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 23, 2016
This was a contract award based position with a position overseas. Although the contract was won I chose not to accept. The company was good to work for.
Pros
Room to grow
Cons
Oversees position
nice campus
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 6, 2016
great co-workers and clients to work with on a day to day basis. Management open ears on any new situation that arise. Private campus that only allows badge access with personnel chef on deck.
Pros
nice campus
Cons
commute
Structured and financially sound company
Sourcing Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 24, 2016
Great place to work if one values work / life balance the most. Salaries are not competitive though. Interesting projects and flexibility to manage own work.
The largest container shipping line
Manager (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXDecember 20, 2016
Maersk has been holding the name "the largest container shipping line in the world and they continue to do so. They constantly review their efficiency by reviewing daily processes and cutting costs.
Pros
Highly efficient
Cons
Caring too much about costs
working with customers
Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILOctober 26, 2016
worked with customers solver problems, dispatch import loads to truckers once they were customs and freight released in the midwest. was dealing with many brokers on issues.
Pros
worked with so many people
Cons
losing my job due to transferring to india
Summary of my experience in Maersk Vietnam
Supply Chain Management Executive (Former Employee) –  Vietnam, PRJanuary 3, 2016
Maersk logistics (Damco VN) was a professional work environment where I was supported well from my nice colleagues. From 3 years of working here, I learned how to solve the problem effectively from real situations, to manage time between at work and at home, improve and strengthen my abilities. In addition, the company provided us a special company's cultures through activities such as team building, excursion, movie night and activities that contributed to Vietnamese society. The hardest part of the job was to understand well SOP for different essential clients so that I could meet their high demand and instructed vendors to follow.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Peak Season
Productive and fun.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 18, 2016
Breaks are on your own terms. It is your job to get the work done on time as they allow a lot of freedom from desk work. A typical day at work involves working and chatting on your own terms with hardly any supervision.
Pros
Nice people
Dynamic workplace where hard work and dedication was appreciated and rewarded
Government Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA 23510February 21, 2016
I managed the purchasing of spare parts and fuel for 5-6 large military ships. I worked with a great team of highly skilled individuals who helped bolster my performance and the overall success of our mission to effectively and successfully support the T-AGS Contract with Military Sealift Command.
Pros
great benefits, upward mobility
Great Benefits
customer care (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 10, 2016
They have a cafeteria, and the health benefits are good. The politics are insane, and if you're not" in" you won't advance.
An excellent company
Offshore Superintendent / Drilling Team Leader (Former Employee) –  WorldwideJanuary 25, 2016
Read Daily Drilling reports, correct same and get client rep to sign, also sign same and submit electronic copies to office in town. Read and respond to emails. Participate in management planning meeting and advise on availability and tasks to be performed that day and future tasks to be planned. Co-ordinate safety and crew meetings, preview previous days work. Take part in Client's planning meeting, give clearance and cover safety issues that may affect the operation, relay and review further client requests throughout the day, Track purchases, inspect rig at various times during the day. Oversee any sensitive or potentially dangerous situations and make judgements on same. Study preventative maintenance requirements and assist maintenance dept. with fulfilling the maintenance. Assist at safety meetings, help in training junior staff, advise and write appraisals for all crew members. On standby 24/7 to advise and supervise in difficult circumstances and to liaise with Night and day client representatives over clashes on what is safe and what is not acceptable.
Pros
Generous off time, high job satisfaction
Cons
Often working extreme hours, often in very stressful situations. Nigeria etc...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maersk Line. Our community is ready to answer.