Maersk

Maersk Employer Reviews

Ideal place to work
Collection Coordinator (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 15, 2014
Maersk/Sea Land is an excellent career position with great compensation.
good
Vessel Superintendent (Former Employee), Long Beach, CADecember 10, 2013
foreign owned company little or no interaction from the top down in dealing with the regular employees.
Deadlines Deadlines Deadlines
Export Account Representative (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no advancement
A TYPICAL DAY...
Determine all content and features for each print issue and website according to potential audience appeal.
• Oversee, train and guide staff, freelance writers and interns to ensure clear understanding of content.
• Manage all aspects of magazine production such as setting deadlines, proofing editorials and submitted final files to – more... the printer. • Liaise with in-house publisher, editors and graphic designer to ensure deadline completion as per the editorial calendar.
• Write various feature articles for both print magazine and website.
• Develop strategic partnerships and alliances with PR firms, media buyers and ad clients to ensure long-lasting relationships.
• Strategize and implement all social media outlets ensuring adequate response to audience inquiries.
• Manage content and write copy for company’s social networks.

WHAT I LEARNED...
At Maersk, I learned the importance of time management and multi-tasking. I learned that the client isn't always right, but you can't ever tell them so. Most importantly, I learned that there is always room for improvement in any system or process.

MANAGEMENT
Amazing.

MY COWORKERS
My family.

HARDEST PART
Client complaints regarding US Customs regulations, because government agencies cannot be negotiated with.

MOST ENJOYABLE PART
Writing training manuals to improve our tedious systems and seeing the positive results. – less
Good Company if you want to possibly relocate.
Senior Equipment Control Dispatch Specialist (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXMay 14, 2013
Pros: layoffs
Cons: great benefits
Great benefits, but they have had many layoffs making the company not as stable as they once were.
good company.
Equipment Planner (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 13, 2013
good people to work with. management was great. pay was low and benefits and family life balance were lacking
Supervisor
Marine Supervisor (Current Employee), Savannah, GaApril 28, 2013
I learned how to supervise and organize on a mass scale. The ports authority slows for no reasons. You learn to keep up or ship out. Only the best and most efficient supervisors are able to keep up with the required work load output.
Worked in two different time periods
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, NJApril 14, 2013
Pros: wonderful culture and work environment
Cons: n/a
Latest 9/00 - 11/01 Adm. Assistant - Human Resources; Routine secretarial job functions including special projects. There was a lot of interaction with management as well as employees. I especially enjoyed being the chair of the company picnic. I conducted meetings as well as monitored sub-committee meetings.

5/89 - 8/97 Adm. Assistant to Director – more... and CEO

I enjoyed the diversity of this position which included administrative support regarding the opening of Maersk's first office in South America. I also enjoyed researching financial information of competitors and providing reports to management. – less
Benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXMarch 16, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: you pay a surcharge to add your spouse
They offer good benefits, some of the best around for this date and time.
Good place to work at
Risk Management Claims Coordinator (Former Employee), Madison, NJJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: business casual on fridays
Cons: my job was outsourced
Early days, challenging systems, management & co-workers were diverse
Another major challenge and big overhaul.
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), Carson, CADecember 25, 2012
Pros: great chance to improve the company's overall profitibility.
Cons: economy dependent, retail product supplier dependent.
Had to start at the beginning once again. Build the program from the ground up, establish the entire P.M. and P.P.M. systems. Change the culture and technical checks and balances. Improved downtime efficiency by 60% and company profitability.
good
marine engineer (Current Employee), sinagporeNovember 20, 2012
nice company ,
i have worked with maresk from cadetship to becoming a
chief engineer.
learnt all the engine room work
co workers are nice. and exp
Valuable Experiance
Assistant Operations Manager (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJMay 5, 2012
Great company to work for. Working in operations is fast paced and long hours. The company offers lots of vacation time. Life and work balance does suffer.
Good place
Chartering Manager / Broker (Current Employee), London, ENGSeptember 7, 2014
Monitor market trends and evaluate viability of possible business opportunities and provide recommendations to the management to take course of action and identifying customer needs and expectations through relationship management.
Actively participate in the development of the quality management system and engagement in the process for the continuous – more... improvement of departmental procedures. – less
Great Workforce
PEX Business Partner for the Customer Service (Former Employee), LiverpoolJuly 18, 2014
Pros: an appetite for change
Cons: a little inwardly focused
Great Business at the beginning of their continuous improvement Journey.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Pune, MHMay 7, 2014
Productive and flexible
flexible timing, fun to be with colleagues.
very nice experience with this company
A/B (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHMay 5, 2014
I feel more safety and facilities on job, ......................................................................................................................................................
Meeting my target on a monthly basis and will also indulge in Hr connect activities.
Process Associate (Current Employee), Chennai, TNApril 14, 2014
Pros: good environment and secured job
Cons: more weekend shifts
Good place to work and learned how to interact with co-workers in an corporate environment,also developed my soft skills as such.
Awesome place to work
Senior Assistant Manager - Projects (Former Employee), Pune, MHApril 9, 2014
Pros: nice place to work and great colleagues
Cons: during recession there was no proper plan and temporarily lost the strategic vision
Great place to work if you are in a commanding position.
Gives your space to think and do things
I had a great boss and the top management knows me by my name and met me to discuss on crucial projects.
Lots of learning and exposure
Manager - Contract Compliance (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHApril 6, 2014
Pros: subsidised food
Cons: extremely long hours
Lots of analytical work and less interaction with clients. Plenty of internal interaction.
Project Management
Technical Project Manager - A P Moller Maersk, UK (Former Employee), London, ENGMarch 5, 2014
Pros: free lunch and free gym
God company to work for, however job in question is not what i had originally anticipated.