WAREHOUSE COORDINATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Description: Warehouse Coordinator
Warehouse Coordinator Job Purpose: Controls warehouse inventory by coordinating movement of product from production to warehouse to shipping.
Warehouse Coordinator Job Duties:
- Picks-up product by monitoring production; loading and moving product.
- Stores product by designating storage areas; adjusting storage areas according to production and shipping requirements; updating location database.
- Prepares product for shipment by verifying location; directing movement to staging area; resolving problems.
- Verifies product inventory reports by comparing logs and reports; adjusting entries.
- Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records; maintaining databases.
- Monitors inventory by completing counts as required.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes distribution and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Teamwork, Coordination, Organization, Planning, Time Management, Reporting Skills, Inventory Control, Documentation Skills, Data Entry Skills, Dependability, and Supervision
Position Summary: The Fulfillment Center (FC) Coordinator is responsible for first-line management and overall performance of his/her department. This position is responsible for preparing and planning strategies to meet the department’s daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
Responsibilities also include coaching and managing associates to high performance standards and recognizing individual and team success. The FC Supervisor works in concert with the senior management team in the pursuit of operational excellence and the facility’s all-around success.
- Achieve performance goals and objectives in the areas of productivity, accuracy and expense control, as depicted by the budget
- Analyze and conceptualize methodology to increase efficiency
- Make appropriate improvements to department processes and procedures
- Participate in the hiring of skilled associates
- Develop individual associate’s skills, standards and morale through training and coaching
- Direct, support and delegate tasks as appropriate to an individual associate’s skill level
- Give consistent and thorough feedback to associates, conduct timely Performance Appraisals, and deliver disciplinary action if necessary
- Understand and effectively communicate company policies to ensure compliance and consistent administration
- Read, understand and analyze daily, weekly, and monthly operational reports; use these reports to evaluate department’s performance
- Compute figures to accurately plan/adjust headcount to meet department’s objectives
- Foster communication and teamwork among staff to ensure accomplishment of operational goals
- Develop and execute daily and weekly action plans to meet department and Fulfillment Center performance expectations
- Understand and use Fulfillment/Distribution technology (i.e. WMS where appropriate, hardware and software components) and maintain control of department functions and procedures
- Represent the Fulfillment Center/Maevn in a professional manner, promoting Maevn’s policies and programs and approaching challenges in a positive manner
- Understand all safety procedures; ensure safe work practices are followed and maintain a safe work environment
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must have PC-based computing skills
- 1-3 years experience working in a warehouse environment
- Must be able to communicate effectively at all of the levels of the origination and bi-lingual a plus.
- Computation/mathematical ability and reading comprehension of technical/financial materials and reports
- Knowledge of PC applications
- Eagerness and ability to learn - absorb new information quickly
- Initiative to work with minimal instruction and direction
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience and working knowledge of warehouse systems, processes and productivity standards (WMS, computerized systems, SPC – statistical process control – and related ability to recognize, articulate and address variances in processes)
- Positive associate relations skills; ability to direct, coach, support, and delegate and maintain morale
- Demonstrated responsibility, maturity and leadership ability
- Demonstrated analytical thinking and problem solving ability
- Possess a sense of urgency required to work in a deadline driven environment
Job: Supply Chain/Logistics
Location(s): US-TX-FARMERS BRANCH
Schedule: Full-time (Some overtime as determined)
Job Level: Manager/Coordinator
Maevn is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values the diversity of our people, products, and services.
Job Title: Warehouse Coordinator
Job Purpose: Supervise the day-to-day activities of the shipping and receiving operations of the distribution center. The supervisor directs teams of employees to meet the safety, quality, and productivity goals of the operation. Improve and maintain the sanitation processes of the facility. Improve customer satisfaction by increasing service levels, such as fill rates and on time shipments. Assist the Departmental and the Operations Managers as needed.