Magee Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

Great place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 17, 2017
Busy flow ....
Diet order,allegies,input the patient information
Magagement team is great
Culture free zone
Making the customer happy just the fact of being able to satified the customer
There is hope for the revitalization of the Spiritual Care Program.
Per Diem Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 14, 2017
Company has undergone many changes since the beginning of major construction. Consequently, a successful spiritual care program had been difficult to achieve. I believe since the completion of some major construction projects, there is hope for a comprehensive spiritual care program in the future. Management is aware of the importance of a spiritual care program in the total rehabilitation process of their patients; it is part of the holistic healing of mind, body and spirit. This awareness validates the work we do as chaplains.
Okay Place to Work
Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 10, 2017
Magee is an amazing company when it comes to helping those with serious accidents. Working there as a per diem aide, however, is a different story. Trying to become full-time is almost impossible. Also, everyone is super friendly, but there is a lack of diversity. There are little-to-no people of color working there as therapists. I have yet to come across one. They are either aides, or front-desk staff. I love Magee, but sometimes it could be frustrating when you are sick. The management gives you a hard time when it comes to calling out sick, and as a per diem staff member, don't even think about benefits of any kind whatsoever. Per diem at Magee is basically what they call the part-timers. You do not receive any health, vision, or any other kind of benefits there. It is non-existent. They tell you that you can work as many hours as you want, however, sometimes I am stuck with 2 or 3 days a week, making little to no money.
Pros
Friendly, supportive, fun work environment, excellent place to learn
Cons
Ability to move up, lack of diversity, pay, no benefits
Productive workplace
Safety Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 21, 2017
I worked the front desk signing in visitors. I also transported patients to cafeteria and therapy. I also secured the parking lot where visitors park their cars.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Extremely fun work environment and an outstanding team
Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 18, 2016
I worked with the development team who always went above and beyond for the hospital.
I loved working with them and was very sad to leave. They taught me so much and the best part was all of their positive attitudes every single day.
happy out going and productive environment
Food Service Worker ( Crew Leader) (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 29, 2016
Everything is good.the people are great. I love what I do. the experience working in food services is terrific. the patients are a great experience when you are dealing with different type of diets.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
sometimes not enough stuff
Fun work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 13, 2015
Fun work place great place to meet new people everyday not a place you can grow fast but all in all it was a okay place to learn new things.
Fast paced, pleasant environment
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 13, 2015
I cleaned the building, daily and waxed & stripped floors. I learned the importance of communication. Management and co-workers were supportive. The hardest part of the job was communicating with the nurses prior to waxing the floor, due to the fumes. The most enjoyable was working with my supervisor.
Benefits rated 1 star, Job Security 3, & Advancement is difficult.
Food Service (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 13, 2014
Just like any organization, if an individual is doing well there is no need to worry about job security but advancement is difficult. I have worked there for many years and to move up a Master's degree is required before being considered unless an individual become a Certified Registered Nurse or Registered Nurse.
Pros
Most employees are very friendly
Cons
My current department bonuses are unheard of
ok
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 7, 2014
pay is OK compared to other companies the use of sick time is basically impossible
Awesome!!
Behavioral Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 23, 2014
If anyone is looking to build a good resume, start with Magee Rehabilitation Center because you will gain valuable experience working with passionate medical personnel who strongly the well being of the patients who are there. You also have representatives who can help you excel in areas you may be curious and they will give you the advice you need.
Pros
Great food, great people, and great working environment
Magee has a great program to improve people lives after there tragedies
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 31, 2013
A typical work day is challenging but rewarding! Ive learned to value you life more because you never know what could happen! Management could be more supportive to staff! Hardest part of the job is staying strong for the patient and not show them how there situation saddens you instead help them cope and learn how to live productively! The most enjoyable part of the job is when u seen someone do a 360 after coming in hopeless and a total chain reck.
Pros
free holiday events
Cons
short breaks
enjoyable atmosphere, evolving management/administration
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 6, 2013
happyand sad to be with this organization for many years, was always about the patient- no longer. evolving management / adminiatration as most facilities I suppose, clients should remain center of focus always, not who in the office of admin gets a bonus because the staff did what they were supposed to do. would like to be recognized for years of service, not set aside. I must admit that rehab is in my blood, I see miracles happen everyday and that is what makes me come back for more.
Pros
see miracles happen every day
Cons
often work short, no break/lunch, complaints unheard
Ability to learn new concepts
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  1513 Race st Philadelphia PaOctober 26, 2012
A typical day in magee good,comfortable,work load easy most times.
alot of team work at magee.
I learn good customer service and communications.They had huge event on that topic.
Once the new guys everything changed for the better and it did.
Co-workers,some were nice and some so-so.
Staying awake at night.
Knowing that you have made someone happy,with that good customer service that magee provided me with.
Pros
free birthday lunch cards
fun place to volunteer
Volunteer, Regional Spinal Cord Injury Center (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 16, 2012
It was a great experience. Great staff. Great patients. It is hard to get a volunteer position because of change of sstaff, but well worth it.