Magellan Health Services Employee Reviews

Awesome Place to work. Awesome staff of co-workers
EAP Intake Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 24, 2017
A typical day at work on this job is awesome, helping people help themselves and showing them how to have productive lives. I walk away from my job daily with a sense of self-worth and knowing that you've helped someone get through their day. The workplace culture is awesome, very diverse and everyone have one common goal, the greater good of the common. The hardest part of this job is when someone calls and their in a crisis situation. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that at end of day you've helped someone.
Great place
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 7, 2017
 I work in Medical Records I make sure my patients charts are up to date with all of their medications, appeals, consents and other valuable information. I also set up appointments, scheduled transportation to and from the clinic.
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 5, 2017
I had great apportunity working there it was a pleaseure to learn new things and have to meet new people to get work accompliced easy wtih the team work
I would not recommend working for Magellan
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOApril 3, 2017
I was not happy working for Magellan. It was difficult to get the more experienced co-workers to assist and the fear of losing your job was always present.
Constant changes, no work/life balance, no support & no value
MFLC (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 31, 2017
I've been an MFLC for over 18 months and with 2 different contractors. This one openly admits they pay less and pay just decreased again. Insurance has also gone up and there's no PTO. If there's a govt. holiday you don't get pay.
There's no management or HR support. Work expectations continue to increase as has the arbitrary oversight requirements.
Pros
Population (military children, adolescents, adults)- Typically they appreciate and value you
Cons
Non-existent management, support, HR. Pay continues to go down as work increases
relaxed environment
Clinical Pharmacist Medicare D (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 29, 2017
easy going culture, flexible hours, good benefits. job advancement, career opportunities. I enjoy the abiltity to work from home, hard to get a hold of HR
online courses avail
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOMarch 28, 2017
there were online courses avail for my advancement for both my work environment and personal growth and those being available for me to take while at work helped my growth at Magellan.
Sink or Swim
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 27, 2017
Work is very easy, office life is extremely cliquish and hard to get along in. Management is often absent, and when help is required it is extremely hard to find.
Focused healthcare services enterprise
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 24, 2017
This successful company is carving a unique position as the leading healthcare management services corporation addressing the very real medical and social issues of special needs populations.
Pros
Growing, focused
Cons
Size can be a limiting factor in this current enviropnment
Albuquerque Office: Nepotism and bullying from the top down.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 24, 2017
Staff are treated poorly by senior leaders and directors. When staff complain they are forced out through poor treatment until they give up and move on. There is no one to go to with concerns without retaliation.
Pros
Opportunities to learn.
Cons
Directors gossip about their staff and bully them out when they speak up.
Call Center
INITIAL CLINICAL REVIEWER (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 22, 2017
First 4-6 months is in the call center office then will become an at home position.
Contracted with over 70+ Healthcare plans and knowledge of their guidelines on approving imaging scans. Fast paced, a lot of changes made daily, work on productivity scale and calls taken.
Management is 99% through new high tech velocity style so you never see or rarely over phone meet. Either via email or meeting via computer.
Hardest part of the job is solitude working from home never seeing or talking to other workers, sups.
I enjoyed the independency and flexibility with schedule.
Pros
working from home, flexibility, pto hours
Cons
Loneliness, insurance
Friendly environment
Auditor II (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMarch 20, 2017
Great Company to work for. Management is friendly and helpful. Vacation time is better than most companies with 4 weeks vacation your 1st year. Training could be revamped a bit.
Pros
vacation package
Cons
training needs revamped
Fast Paced with high expectations
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMarch 19, 2017
Often times the management has expectations that are out of reach. Just recently took on a new client, and there were too many technical difficulties that should have been tested and solved before setting expectations of performance.
Pros
Fabulous coworkers
Cons
Inpatient management.
Great place to work.
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 16, 2017
I've worked at Magellan for 17 years. I've worked in a variety of positions and have been able to advance over time. The people are the main reason I stay working here.
A Great Opportunity to work with Military members.
Military Family Life Counselor (Current Employee) –  Derby, KSMarch 14, 2017
Being an MFLC is a great opportunity to serve those who serve this country. I have been able to work with kids, go on field trips, and engage youth at summer camps. It is, at time, not the most stable employer but the population and what you do is great.
Good job and company to work for with good benefits
CYB-MFLC (Current Employee) –  Calcium, NYMarch 12, 2017
A regular work day in school setting. Working with children of military families is very rewarding. Learning to be flexible and how to work in the confines of government contract was the biggest challenge. Supervisor is very supportive. Hardest part of job is getting to know teachers and having them trust you with working with students. Most enjoyable is working with the students.
Pros
Independent work environment, benefits and salary.
Cons
Daily reporting online and constant changes to how reporting is accomplished.
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMarch 7, 2017
I worked there 12 years., i was able to work from home and vacation time is generous and my bosses were awesome. I had great hours and was able to balance work and home life easily.
Productive and fun workplace that brought up employee morale
Admin Support Clerk/Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 2, 2017
I enjoyed working at Magellan and the employees I work with. When you become permanent, you get 4 PTO weeks and they had good benefits. There were challenges where I had to work long hours because of the responsibilities of my job.
Great Place to work / Great team
Senior Appeals Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wes Des Moines , IAMarch 2, 2017
I spent almost 10 years with Magellan the amount of things i have learned is un-measurable. The culture was very much like family everyone treated each other with respect. Management was phonemonial.
Great place to work to help people
Contracted Military and Family Life Counselor (Former Employee) –  Westover AFB, MAFebruary 25, 2017
A wonderful opportunity to help our servicemen and servicewomen and their families in times of struggle. Very rewarding

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Magellan Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.