Magellan Health Services

Magellan Health Services Employee Reviews

An organization to grow in
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee), Earth City, MOJune 29, 2015
This organization is a good place to grow in, if you are looking to start a career. There is job stability with this company, however, the compensation could be better.
Great place
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT CLERK (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 24, 2015
great place, I really enjoyed working there but my Job is ending soon and I hope to relocate to another Magellan. Magellan is a great to place with great co-workers
Good Job
HR Onboarding Specialist (Current Employee), Maryland Heights, MOJune 24, 2015
Pros: The amount of paid time off
Cons: Not much room for advancement
Magellan is a decent place to work.The workload is more than enough to keep busy.The benefits are pretty good, and overall the people are great to work with.
Communication
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee), Maryland Heigths,MOJune 23, 2015
Management lack in communication. Their attitudes are not postitive. When requested off for days they want you to switch. Favortism is very strong in this company. I will never work at this place again.
amazing work place
Claims Associate/Customer Representative (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAJune 4, 2015
Pros: everything was good about this company
Cons: nothing
this job has been one of the best jobs, dealing with claim and customer has been a great experience, coworkers were the best. this is where I learned great customer service skills and did lots of problem solving in claims.
Wonderful Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 3, 2015
I cannot say enough good things about the team at Magellan. We were given top-notch equipment on which to work, comfortable work stations, a good, workable schedule, and competitive pay.
I really don't remember
Authorization Representative (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 31, 2015
Pros: Bonuses, making your own schedule
Cons: none
It was on OK company to work for, it just wasn't in my field of criminal justice. I would however recommend the employer to someone else
Culture of acceptance and learning
Provider Support Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 27, 2015
Pros: Management
Cons: Work Life balance
Wonderful place to work with great managers, great culture but overall unstable work environment resulting in layoffs. Work-life balance not great.
No work/life balance
Programmer (Former Employee), MagellanRx, Scottsdale, AZMay 22, 2015
Pros: Freedom in how to develop projects
Cons: No work/life balance.
In the technology area of MagellanRx, Scottsdale, AZ there was no work/life balance. Projects and deliverables were often last minute, urgent, and competing for resources. Team was understaffed. One horrible manager (VP of Client Services) treated staff horribly, sometimes making life miserable for members of other teams, as well as her own. Technology management allowed her to constantly do this to the developers.
adequate work enviorment
Authorization Representative (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOMay 21, 2015
Cons: Job Security
• Provide customers with excellent customer services
• Document customers health information and provide accurate medical solutions
Fun and productive
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee), Maryland HeightsMay 17, 2015
I came in and logged onto my computer. I had to maintain good quantity of good quality inbound/outbound calls. I had an hour lunch break.
management could be more professional and not personal
Member Service Represenetive (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 5, 2015
managers have an attitude that reflects their personal feelings toward others,and demonstrate very little respect for those not in a leadership position.
newly launched company, still in need of progress
Health Guide (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLApril 30, 2015
magellan complete care is a new company of its kind designed to give benefits to those specifically with SMI. I work as a care coordination health guide, field based. I initiate contact with new enrolled members, gather health information and complete assessments to determine the level of care they need, and assist with case management services. I recently transitioned into a new region and relocated, and the management and staff were very friendly and had great communication skills. The hardest part of this job is getting the program established. There were/are always changes every week to make the company more efficient, and most recently the company decided to change their operating structure and have eliminated several positions, mine included. The most enjoyable part of this job is working with the members/clients. I enjoy working with people and building a rapport with those I work with and those I help, it makes a having a positive attitude at work easy.
This corporate culture is very unpredictable
Corporate Communications Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 30, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: traffic, culture, unpredictable
This is a startup. The executive team is rarely in the office and leadership changes frequently.
There are frequent changes in process and procedure because this is a first for everyone involved and there is an unknown if they will make it through the contract period.
Case Management
Case Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 28, 2015
Pros: I have a change to learn more about different illness, behavior and medication
Cons: The sadness, and it could be overwhelmimg
I love what I do when it comes to working with the elderly.
I love being able to help the less fortunate, the ones that are unable to help themselves.

This kind of work develops patience, skills and strategies' and with compassion.

I also learned that having different resources to be able to provide and assist ones in need is helpful.
Bad Management
Clinical Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLApril 6, 2015
Pharmacy Supervisor has no patience with anyone. He's not a people person at all. He don't understand women problems and he don't care to understand either. He shouldn't be a supervisor. He tells everyone business to anyone that will listen. He talks about everybody and he should be hired.
Member Services Representative (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 11, 2015
Great job concepts. Good salary. Mangement was willing to help. laid back environment. Moreal could have been a little better. Training could have been a little more organized.
Like to promote from within
Lead Follow Up Specialist (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 11, 2015
My job has given me flexible hours, with a management that cares about personal development. I have learned a lot about the Corporate world and how to conduct myself in a professional manner. My co-workers helped me develop my leadership skills.
Managers were the best!
Support Specialist II (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 9, 2015
Pros: managers were understanding and supportive.
Cons: they left chicago
My day consisted of maintaining the medical records department to prepare for Joint commission. Creating files and folders to assist case managers on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was leaving because they left Chicago.
productive and fun place to work for
Community Outreach Specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 5, 2015
Pros: great company to workfor.
Cons: changes to job description, without a choice
My overall experience here has been great. Unfortunately, my job description is changing and without much of a choice given to us individuals to take the 2-40 Health Insurance Course and exam for licensure. Many of us were not interested, but were pushed into taking the course anyways.

1 2 3 4 5

About Magellan Health Services

Magellan Health Services has charted its course to become one of the largest managed behavioral health care companies in the nation. – Read more

Magellan Health Services Salaries