Magellan Health Services Employee Reviews in United States

Great company
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOFebruary 18, 2016
I worked in the Maryland Heights, MO, office for just over a year and a half. The company lost several high dollar accounts causing massive layoffs, but my view of the company is this...it's a great place to work, amazing people, tremendous work/life balance. They didn't lose the accounts due to any fault of their own, but contracts ran out and the accounts chose to try other providers. My Supervisor and Director were straight shooters. Nothing was ever hidden from my department or the associates working under me. Very close knit company that tries to go out of their way to make sure employees are taken care of.
Pros
work/life balance, flexible time
Cons
job security
Nice Place to Work
Senior Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJanuary 13, 2016
Excellent work/life balance, with some opportunity to work from home. Very good benefits. Focused on behavioral health of members.
Pros
Vacation time, benefits, opportunity to work from home in some cases
Cons
Compensation
Great opportunity to work with a great population but poorly managed.
military family life counselor (Former Employee) –  Ft. Bragg, NCDecember 16, 2015
The direct supervisors were great but too many glitches in their system. They screwed up my pay multiple times and would always say we'll fix it next pay period. You get minimal support from the headquarters. It was great working with the military families though.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no support. minimal leave
Fun and very busy place to work
Medical Claims Specialist II (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 17, 2015
This was a temporary position. There was a lot of variety in what I did each and every day, ranging from paying claims to working different projects. I left this position to re-locate to Tennessee
Magellan Health Services
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 23, 2015
Great company to work for I work in the customer service department I enjoy helping the memebers who call in and to help them with there concerns
enjoyable
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Parsippany MJSeptember 29, 2015
Best company that I have ever had the opportunity to work for. Good compensation, great hours, outstanding co-workers and advancement opportunties, both in salary and positions.

the most enjoyable part of my day at Magellan was the work and knowing that you were helping others.
Dead wood galore
Application developer (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VASeptember 27, 2015
No place do grow. Dead wood weeding the place. No talent, no ambition managers running the company into the ground one day at a time.
Typical managed care company.
Embedded MFLC (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 27, 2015
Does not appreciate employees, micro- management, poor middle and senior management, no paid holidays, only 2 hours PTO per pay period, mediocre benefits at best, treated differently from office based employees, no transparency, no chance for upward movement, no raises. Alot of corporate BS.
Pros
Ability to work with military but in a non-clinical capacity.
Cons
see above
Excellant
Customer Service Associate I (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CaSeptember 22, 2015
Supportive Management, Amazing Staff, lots of open doors with unlimited education and training provided! I absolutely love working here! High quality work place!
If you like a busy job
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 15, 2015
This job is all about money and dont really care to much for their employees. Over worked and under paid. The first year working there was amazing and then new management came in and changed everything.

Want to know more about Magellan Health Services?

Ask a question
Was ok as a place to work, sometimes it was difficult.
Customer Service Associate/Member Advocate (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJSeptember 14, 2015
I did my best at the job and it was challenging. One of my managers was very harsh to me. I found that there was not much room for advancement unless you were in the medical field.
Pros
Pay was ok
Cons
management very harsh
Excellent Positions
Manager of Financial Reporting (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 14, 2015
I really enjoy my position at Magellan because the work life balance is superb. I enjoy the team of which I am a part and I think we have enough challenging work to ensure our continued growth and development.
Pros
Wonderful tea, fair boss
Cons
Too many different systems
I love love love my Job
MFLC (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 11, 2015
Great company to work for!! I like what they are doing as a whole,.especially the commitment to the men, women and families in the military who sacrifice for us all.
Pros
Many pros including flexibility, empathetic supervision who value their staff
Cons
Contractual position
Nice work environment, Friendly and very helpful co-workers
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOSeptember 1, 2015
Great and efficient training for a Fast Paced work environment with high volume of calls from patients and providers and Excellent management staff
Cube land, diirection of behavioral health unknown...
Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Care Manager, Sr (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, Ga.August 21, 2015
A typical day at work is answering the phone for 8 hours, with two 15 minute breaks and 30 mins. for lunch.
I have learned that I work for a large corporation. There is good and bad. I feel insecure about my position as Magellan continues to lose behavioral health contracts.
The hardest part of my job is sitting all day.
The most enjoyable part of my day is when I leave.
Difficult to get time off due to PTO policy. All the Care Managers (all licensed clinicians) have to compete for time off, because only a certain number of people can be off on a given day.
No time to get to know your peers at work because CM's are on a very tight schedule.
Pros
excellent salary and excellent benefits.
Cons
short breaks, short lunch, have to adhere to schedule
love my job
Health Guide (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 19, 2015
Currently working. Work from home doing what I like to do and that's helping others.
Provides ongoing, community-based support for an assigned caseload of health plan enrollees to improve access to care and coordinate care. Establishes a relationship with the enrollee, the care coordination team, and his/her providers. Conducts new enrollee outreach and orientation, arranges appointments and transportation as needed. Assists the enrollee in learning to navigate the health care delivery system, community resources, transportation, and effectively use health plan benefits.
Conducts outreach and orientation for new enrollees. Gathers information needed to ensure continuity of care and permission to share information. Administers Health and Wellness Questionnaire. For hard to reach enrollees, seeks connection by working with the Peer Support Specialist and leveraging community services, care providers, family members, schools, etc.
Assists enrollees in accessing care and ensures care is received. Helps members, as needed, in selecting providers, making appointments, and planning transportation. Contacts enrollee or provider to ensure appointments have occurred. Assists in transitions of care to and from alternative levels of care or settings. Makes follow up care arrangements and ensures post-hospital care is delivered as planned.
Meets with enrollee regularly (as determined by individual risks) in order to monitor progress according to the Care Coordination Plan. Reminds enrollee of self-management tools and crisis support. Informs and engages the Care Coordination Team if
  more... enrollee has difficulty adhering to the care coordination plan or adhering to treatment and needs additional support.
Works with enrollee and family/supports to engage in socialization, work or volunteer related activities, or access community resources and services.
Maintains up to date documentation in the Care Coordination Plan and other Health Services tools. Prepares information for Care Coordination Team meetings and as requested, for shared treatment planning sessions.

Able to read, write, and interpret Spanish
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Knowledge of community resources and government services
Knowledge of, and sensitivity to, the issues facing college students, low-income families, the elderly, children, and the mentally ill
Trained in the development and implementation of Informational and Social Programs (including Art and Crafts, Healthy Eating Habits, and Women’s Socialization groups)
Strong organizational, planning, problem-solving skills
Highly knowledgeable of welfare regulations and guidelines
Excellent management and leadership abilities
Ability to manage and prioritize the daily work effectively
Pros
Work from home
rewarding and flexible
Military Family Life Counselor (Former Employee) –  United States and abroadAugust 19, 2015
Excellent job, flexible and rewarding. Working to help children and families and military members is wonderful. Daily activities vary and professional diversity is accepted.
Productive fun place to work
Data Entry/Claims (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOAugust 6, 2015
Work environment was perfect to work in. The managers and supervisors where great to work with as well. I enjoy the flexible schedule they give you as well
Decent pay, low morale, understaffed
RN-Utilization Management,Single Case Agreements (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 3, 2015
Decent pay, low morale, understaffed, management is a bit hostile, benefits are good, you can work at home if you like. Plenty of autonomy, little upward mobility.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
understaffed, overworked
Productive and Good Company to wok for.
SR. Communication Specialist /Trainer (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAAugust 3, 2015
This is a great company to work for and would love to get back with the company. Great benefits and good people to work with. Enjoy the whole 10 years that I worked with the company
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
N/A