Magellan Health Services

Magellan Health Services Employer Reviews

Productive workplace
Back up Customer Service Rep (CSD) (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOOctober 21, 2013
Answered inbound calls for the physician call back line and triage requests for peer-to-peer discussions to the appropriate physician.
Transfer calls from ordering physician or office staff to Physician Clinical Reviewer (PCR) for peer- to- peer discussion as appropriate.
regular job nothing special
Call Center Rep (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJOctober 11, 2013
Pros: helping people
Cons: managers were very strick
I answered phone calls all day and I was able to talk with people medical problems and it was rewarding.
limited growth
na (Current Employee), ctOctober 8, 2013
limited growth potential. management has difficulty agreeing on strategic direction. projects frequently stopped and re-started or redirected.
Company was productive
Data Entry/Support Staff (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: celebrating an associate's birthday, meetings, pizza day
Cons: healthcare, vacation days
Turning on equipment such as copiers, fax, computer.
Entering yata into AS400 and Citrix
I liked most of my co-workers, a few I did not care for but got along with these folks in order to get the work done correctly
The hardest part of the job was running out of work and having to wait for more to be faxed over to the department I was in
I enjoyed our – more... weekly meetings; this was a time when we shared and learned about our work and each other. – less
Claims Specialist
Claims Specialist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 4, 2013
This was a nice and relaxing job environment. I was looking for something more fast-pace and challenging so it was not a good fit for me.
A Relaxed Environment!
Clinical Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FlAugust 30, 2013
Pros: relaxed work environment, lots of pto, monetary incentives
Cons: its a call center so the calls are non-stop...
Magellan, thus far, has been the best company I've worked for. They care about the employees and they encourage productivity by offering bonuses and other monthly incentives....including gift checks! Management is okay. I believe my supervisor is sometimes crabby only because he has to be.... Great company! I would definitely recommend!
Claims Specialist
Claims Specialist I (Former Employee), Columbia, MDAugust 21, 2013
Pros: early work schedule
A typical day at work was to process and resolve claim edits on suspended claims. I also provided support to my team members and processed claims with a high level of quality in accordance with the claim payment policies. I learned to improve my productivity. Management was available and working with my co-workers created a great support system. The – more... hardest part of the job was high production rate with inconsistent resources. The most enjoyable part of the job was working side by side with my-coworkers. – less
Informatica developer
Informatica developer (Current Employee), MarylandAugust 16, 2013
• Having 8 years of experience in IT Industry with emphasis on Data Warehousing tools using industry accepted methodologies and procedures.
• Extensively worked on ETL for over 6 years using Informatica.
• Technical expertise in ETL methodologies, Informatica 6.x/7.x/8.x - Power Center, Power Mart, Client tools – Mapping Designer, Workflow Manager/Monitor – more... and Server tools – Informatica Server Manager, Repository Server Manager, and Power Exchange.
• Expertise in Data Warehousing, Data Migration, Data Modeling, and Data Cleansing.
• Worked on Data Integration projects.
• Directly responsible for the Extraction, Transformation & Loading of data from multiple sources into Data Warehouse.
• Expertise in source to target mapping in Enterprise and Corporate Data Warehouse environments.
• Designed and developed complex mappings, from varied transformation logic like connected and unconnected lookups, source qualifier, router, filter, union, sorter, expression, aggregator, sequence generator, transaction control, joiner and update strategy and more.
• Involved in designing ETL data load strategy for SCD type1, 2 Dimensions and Fact tables, ETL reject handling, ETL restart recovery logic.
• Very strong knowledge in Relational Databases (RDBMS), Data modeling and building Data Warehouse, Data Marts using Star Schema and Snow Flake Schema.
• Extensive database experience and highly skilled in SQL in Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2, Teradata, Sybase, Mainframe Files, Flat Files, MS Access.
• Skilled in SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, TOAD, SQL Assistant.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, quick learner and analytical skills.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication skills, with ability to interact with individuals at all levels. – less
Productive workplace. A lot of experienced employees
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAAugust 11, 2013
Pros: lots of work to be completed
Cons: not a great environment for young professionals
Very great company -- in a continuous state of growth and advancement. Has a very bright future ahead of itself. Management there was excellent, they all have the right attitude for improving the company. A typical day at work is constant productivity -- there is a lot of projects and assignments to be completed. Co-workers are very knowledgeable and – more... experienced, but the workplace lacks young professionals. – less
Fun Job
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 19, 2013
 Researches and communicates information regarding member eligibility, provider status and authorization inquiries.
 Communicates appeal and denial to providers and members.
 Resolve customer complaints or concerns as the first line of contact.
 Provide mental health benefits to Hospital and Dr Office.
Customer Service management team is unprofessional.
Customer Service Associate I (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 12, 2013
Pros: the medical benefits are good.
Cons: management very unprofessional. employees do not have a voice.
The employees do all the work. Management is not involved in any type of career development plan for employees. Management for customer service call center are unprofessional. Mangement sit around and talk about their employees in the negetive. The management team tell lies. Management team only promote people they like on a personal basis not on their – more... performance. – less
Disease Management Health Coach (Current Employee), Columbia, MDJune 26, 2013
Pros: work from home
Allowed to work from home in my current position. Everyone works hard and are a very talented, professional group to work for and with.
Very great company
CAPS Claims Customer Service Rep. II (Current Employee), Maryland Heights, MO.June 9, 2013
Pros: pto
Cons: short lunches
Magellan Health is a great company to work for. Magellan have great benefits, such as PTO and health insurance. My average work day is long and busy.
providing a safe working environment
Liaison between RBHA (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 4, 2013
Pros: family oriented working environment
Cons: insurance and number of paid holidays
Typical work day: being able to give your best to ensure safety and meeting customer demands in a timely manner.
What you learned: providing customer satisfaction.
Management: very supportive of its employees.
Co-workers: are eager to work together to meet goals and dead lines in a timely manner.
Hardest part of the job: sometimes having complaints – more... from clients knowing that you have done your best.
the most enjoyable part of the job: knowing that you have effectively provided the need of a client – less
Same Routine
Proposal Coordinator (Former Employee), Columbia, MDMay 29, 2013
 Coordinated/managed proposal formatting and production of bid projects
 Assisted writer with editing responses and ensuring coherence of style and RFP requirements
 Formatted original text, illustrations, explanatory tables, and/or graphics
 Coordinated timely production of proposals with the production coordinator
 Provided technical support – more... with Project Managers – less
A caring company striving to meet their provider's and patient's needs.
CMC Support Specialist I (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJApril 23, 2013
I begin my work day at 7 am and ending at 3:30 pm. I input authorizations that I have issued to psychiatrists, registered nurses, therapists in order for them to see their patients. We manage mental health and substances abuses cases. We also have a call center which handles all the calls from the providers as well as the patients.

What I have learned – more... is to be more accurate, driven to be more successful at what I do and learn how others suffer through an affliction that is almost impossible to overcome.

Magellan's management offers us free lunches for our hard work and surprises, and games as well, also days off and picnics during the summer months.

We try very hard to do the best we can and to care about what we do. To be proud to work for a health company that strives to do their best in caring for their providers and patients is a very worthy experience in life. – less
Productive, fun environment, and friendly people
Customer Care Assoicates (Current Employee), Maryland Heights, MOApril 19, 2013
A typical day would be handling inbound calls, authorizing MRI and CT's for doctor offices. Being an employe at Magellan I have better myself at Mirco-Soft Word and Excell, my communication skills have grown, I am able to handle calls in a timly manager. I have a wonderful manager and lead who assit me with any request I may have. My co-workers are – more... very outgoing, friendly, and open. I do not believe there is a hard part about my job. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing daily after each call I have succesfully helped the caller with their request or concerns. – less
Business Analyst/QA Analyst
Business Analyst/QA Analyst (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VAApril 11, 2013
Cons: health care
Conducted user interviews, gathered requirements, analyzed the requirements using RUP methodology and documented the requirements using Rational Requisite Pro.jds
Worked with the SME’s to define business critical needs and analyze the possible technical solutions.
Created Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Specification (FRS) – more... document, User Requirement Specification (URS) and Change Request (CR) document for system application development.
Conducted joint requirements planning (JRP) sessions as a facilitator to gather requirements from the business area and to discuss different critical success factors of the project like Operational Feasibility Analysis, Technical Feasibility Analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis & etc.
Developed budget planning report & timelines of the project by conducting walk-through sessions and meetings involving various leads from Development, QA and Technical Support teams.
Authored various Use Cases and Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams using Rational Requisite Pro and used UML methodology to define the Data Flow Diagrams (DFD).
Performed GAP analysis for the modules in production, conducted feasibility study and performed impact analysis for proposed enhancements.
Coordinated JAD session with system analysts, development team, project manager for application development and Pre-validation specifications.
Developed and managed project plans, schedules, issues logs and business-technical conflicts.
Responsible for data management, data modeling and data mapping from XML to Facets – less
Customer Service
Customer Care Associate I (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 14, 2013
Cons: stuck sitting all day
A typical day is spent answering phones from doctor's offices, hospitals, and members requesting information on radiology authorizations. The hardest part of the job is not being able to get up when you want too. You have to spend your whole shift sitting in the chair and taking calls. The most enjoyable part of the job is when it's time to leave!
Very professional workplace
Director of Quality Improvement Services - MBHO (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAMarch 9, 2013
Pros: upward mobility
Cons: can be very long days
Typical day begins with hitting the floor and working. Friendly and professional co-workers. Very goal oriented.

About Magellan Health Services

Magellan Health Services has charted its course to become one of the largest managed behavioral health care companies in the nation. – Read more