Magellan Health Services

Magellan Health Services United States Employee Reviews

Interesting and exciting work.
MILITARY FAMILY LIFE COUNSELORS (Former Employee), USADecember 9, 2014
Pros: contractual work
Cons: contractual work
Awesome in that this positions provides supportive consults to service personnel.
Good money but not worth it
MFLC (Military Family Life Consultant) (Former Employee), Ft Campbell, KYDecember 8, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, working with military families, good money
Cons: coorporate like atmosphere, no loyality, too many people to report to
I have worked as a military contractor for over 4 years, traveling to different locations, mostly working at Ft Campbell. It is a great job for newly licensed counselors but the travel will "get to you" if you choose to be an independent contractor. Also, there are so many policies and procedures that keep you from doing your job (which is helping military families) Don't step outside the box! It's the kind of job where you are safer "doing nothing than something."
Provider Data Management
Provider Data Manager (Current Employee), Maryland Heights, MODecember 5, 2014
Versatile, busy, detailed and consistent. Great co-workers and management staff members.
Great balance
Contract Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VADecember 1, 2014
great balance in workload
advancement opportunities are available
productive and fun to work
Oracle DBA (Former Employee), columbia, mdNovember 22, 2014
I had a very gods relationship with my management and coworkers.
Everyday I go to work I learn something new.
company is great to work for but this location is not.
clinical pharmacy technician (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FloridaNovember 17, 2014
The company itself is a pretty good place to work for. The work environment is good when you are not constant being hassle, or picked on. The company I would give a great rating for its the pharmacy technician supervisor that makes it hard to work there. Constant finding something to pick on you for, shows favoritism, never owns up to his mistakes but will quickly throw you under the bus(hypothetically speaking). He doesn't know how to talk to employees, poor management skills. The list can go on and on about this work environment there. Magellan is a good company to work for if it was under better management.
profession company
MILITARY AND FAMILY LIFE COUNSELOR (Current Employee), VirginiaNovember 3, 2014
Pros: bi-weekly support with supervisor
Cons: sometimes difficult to schedule long vacations
Magellan Health Services is a very positive company to work for. They provide excellent benefits, flexible hours and very professional supervisors.
Great Pay Excellent Benefits
OSS/Claims Customer Service/ Member Service & EMR (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LouisianaOctober 13, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits and company perks
Cons: lack of skilled management and policies not quite explained or understood
The environment is very professional and most of the management is very knowledgeable of their department. My co-workers are all new, so haven't had much time to really get a good feel for them; however, most of them seem very social and skilled to do their job. I love working for magellan, I just wished they had better management and leadership in the department I work for because it seems as if the reps have more insight and knowledge than the supervisors.
The easiest part of the job is the job itself because we are well equipped with resources to make sure we are doing the best job possible. The hardest part of the job is realizing there is not much room for growth or advancement within the company because we all want to move forward.
I have been given the opportunity to cross train for multiple positions which is the most rewarding part of my job. Learning clinical advsisor was the best opportunity given to me because it gave me an entire new skill that I didn't possess begin my journey at magellan.
Decent Job Good Benefits
Authorization Representative (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 12, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: lay offs
Decent company to work for, pay depending on department good also god benefits. Down side tend to lay off a lot.
good work place
Claims Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 8, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
good compant just unstable due to contracts overall a great place to work for me.
Project Administrator (Current Employee), Maryland Heights, MOSeptember 27, 2014
Magellan has been good to me throughout the years. There is opportunity for growth in certain departments.
Great experience
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 24, 2014
Cons: short breaks
I've learned a lot from Magellan, and have gained lots of healthcare experience.
Professional and Friendly Environment
Case Management / Counseling (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: professional with a excellent open door policy
Cons: no opportunities for advancement
I have been with my current employment for 6 years and I have development different technique to appropriately assist my clients.
Member Advocate (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: great work atmosphere
Cons: demands of the job
One of the best places to work I've found so far. Outstanding Managerial Staff, Good work environment, and support from other departments. Only hard part of the job was the various demands of an ever changing workflow and responsibilities.
This place sucks!!!! Do not do it
Care Associate (Current Employee), Baton RougeSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: pay is ok not enough
Cons: horrible run!!!!
This company espically in Baton Rouge location it is horrible, the upper management lacks ability they hired unexperienced supposedly profeesionals to do nothing!!!. Too much favoritism no room for advancement. As an employee you are overworked they do not care about their employees. Upper management talks about employees like dogs!!!! they do not care about you. Not sure if this company will last please beware before you apply read other reviews to get an idea. They overturn rate is high people are quitting from left to right!!!!!!! RUN FAR
highs and lows
Support Specialist/Claims/ Member Advocate (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: 401 k paid time off
Cons: leadership wasnt helpful at times
Co-worker were great to work with!
Leadership wasn't helpful at times
Learned their are a lot of people in the world with mental health problems
Hardest part was not knowing the mood of the caller that was no the other line.
Most enjoyable was company parties and get together
Productive, Fun and Professional
Claims Specialist (Former Employee), St Louis MoSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: far drive
Managers are near to help co-workers are great. I enjoyed my job due to the hours, and friendly enviornment
Magellan was wonderful until the change in upper level management
Director of Account Management (Current Employee), Miami , floridaSeptember 4, 2014
I worked for Magellan 7 years managing the State Wide Child Welfare Contract with the Agency for Health Care Administration. I have worked 16 years and devoted my life the well being of the clientele we serve . However, you have to find a balance between managed care bottom lines and servicing our enrollees. At Magellan I did not find that balance.
Enjoyed my co-workders
IT Business Analyst - Consultant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 26, 2014
The background check process leaves no room for errors. I only worked there for 3 months, I don't a lot to say.
Productive place to work with great people and good working environment.
QUALITY IMPROVEMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Parsipany, NJAugust 22, 2014
Pros: great work environment, excellent opportunity for advancement, good communication between colleagues and management
Magellan was a great place to work. I was able to able to grow in my career there starting as temp working as a admin. assist and finishing up as a Quality Improvement Specialist

About Magellan Health Services

Magellan Health Services has charted its courseĀ to becomeĀ one of the largest managed behavioral health care companies in the nation. – Read more

Magellan Health Services Salaries