Magellan Health Services Employee Reviews

Was great until new manager.
MMA (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 6, 2017
Great place to work unless your work with SWallace she's an sub par human being with poor management style that only was given the job by default because the previous director was being let go and only interviewed 2 people 1 of which was offered the job but not offered enough money so he declined and they needed a manager so C bag got the job now it's a black hole.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Poor management
Love it here
Provider Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJune 5, 2017
I started my assignment March 29 and I love it here. I want a perm position hopefully working with same department. It is a awesome thing when you want to get up and go to your job. Here I love coming to work with the team I am on.
Pros
My Badge works and they care about the person
Cons
contractor
Competative and profit drivien
Director of Account Management (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 5, 2017
I worked 50 hour work weeks and then worked weekend conferences to promote our product. I truly believed in the programs that I was promoting I did not have the support from Magellan as a for profit company.
worst empolyer ever
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJune 4, 2017
Magellan is not a great employer. All they care about are numbers, they could care less about their employees. I would highly recommend not working for them.
Great location for various counseling skills
LMFT, LPC (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJune 2, 2017
Great work environment at Shoemaker High School in Killeen. Constantly in contact with youth with problems of various kinds. Freedom on the job was fantastic.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Employer
Very quiet and relaxed area
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 30, 2017
A typical day was starting with breakfast and then the applications begin to come in. Learned alot about doctors and the credentials and licensing that comes along with being a physician.
Private Contractor
Independent Behavior Analyst; Private Contractor (Current Employee) –  TennesseeMay 24, 2017
Opportunity to build private practice. Flexible, fair and commensurate with market standards. An adept skill set developed in contracting and negotiation.
Pros
Flexibility
Great People
Claims Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMay 24, 2017
Great People to work with. Working at home full time or part time is very convenient. Fl3xible schedule allows me to have half days on Fridays which means more family time.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Work at Home
Cons
Health Insurance available is high deductible
Excellent place to work
Supervisor, Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJMay 24, 2017
Magellan is an excellent place to work with a great compensation package. They truly want to make a difference in the lives of people affected with behavioral health concerns.
claims
Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMay 23, 2017
A typical day was to start off and pay and process claims according to the insurance contract with the providers

It seemed like the group I worked with had now consistent logic
or reason on why they did some coding and claims processing.
Then they would come to you and say no we need to do it this way,
then the following week or so come back and change it and say no we need to go back to the other coding it was right after all.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
by a stinky trash dump
High Demand Health Care Environment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMay 22, 2017
Dynamic fast paced office focusing on the the state medicaid membership and how to better assist those members with their mental health and substance abuse needs.
Customer/Call Center Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMay 20, 2017
Average day making sure the customer has the correct policies. I learned a lot about health insurance. Great team. There were no hard parts of the job. Great work place. the co workers.
Hard to move up and out of the call center
CPhT Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  VAMay 20, 2017
If you work night shift, it's difficult to get holidays off. The pay is alright, but the scheduling is strict. If you don't meet your adherence or get good numbers, you get in trouble. When you do good, you're barely recognized for it. Training is a joke. I was trained by one of my peers and the training department says they don't have me marked down as trained, but I'm doing my job every day. The training department doesn't have time to train people thoroughly and if they did, they couldn't because they want to throw you into your job quickly.
Pros
pay is ok, semi-flexible scheduling
Cons
insurance is awful, hardly get a holiday off
Although the salary could be higher for the professional work expected, you are treated professionally with respect and care.
Military Family Life Counselor (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMay 14, 2017
See above. This job helped to repair my professional self confidence improved my overall attitude toward work in general. Most of the workers were satisfied with conditions and treatment by the management.
top company
Radiology Authorization Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 12, 2017
Magellan has different job positions with good pay. Provides free lunches at times, different fun company events, and a great place to work for. my overall rating for this company is a 10
Pros
free lunches
Overall Description
Sr. Concurrent Review Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 12, 2017
Poor training of staff, impulsive when it comes to reorganization of department structure, supervisors are not very knowlegeable regarding nuances. Supervisors need to be more supportive of staff. CEO needs to halt the Yearly layoffs.
Pros
Ability to work from home
Cons
Healthcare packages are not employee friendly, extremely high deductibles/premiums, poor management and not very friendly
Impossible goals to achieve and super cliquish
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMay 11, 2017
Training seemed thorough, but when out of training, assistance was minimal. Only allowed to ask your lead or supervisor for assistance and chastised by asking other team members if one of those two were not available. Frowning seems to be part of management training. The culture is expected to not take breaks(lunch or bathroom) and simply eat at desk. Their mission for members involving emotional and physical wellbeing is totally opposite of what the mission is for employees. Flexibility with work schedule is limited. They will do surveys with staff input of what staff would change, what they like about their job, what they dislike about their job, and then never use the information. Turnover is very high partially due to the lack of concern for employee morale. Within a six month time period, 5 people in my department left for better jobs and/or more flexibility, while three people were going to leave and they were offered work from home positions. Good experience to learn about this side of the business.
Pros
continuing education reimbursement, volunteer paid time off
Cons
super short breaks, noisy work environment, lack of communication, condescending dishonest management
Great workplace
MFLC (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAMay 9, 2017
Magellan is a wonderful place to work with opportunity for advancement. The compensation is great and management shows an interest in the wellbeing of their employees.
Productive and fun place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lemoyne, PAMay 2, 2017
My typical day at work included gathering and documenting requirements (BRD, FRD, SRS), conducting JAD workshops, analyzing risk, reviewing test cases, and getting feedback from clients.
Everyone is for themselves
Claims Processor II (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMay 2, 2017
good job, decent pay, team leads and some supervisors have no communication. its a decent place to work, flex hours and ok benefits. pay could be better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Magellan Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.