Magellan Health Services

Magellan Health Services Employee Reviews

Quality Auditor and Customer Service (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: work from home.
Very detailed and organized position that kept you on your toes at all times. The company also allowed work from home and dress down which also made for a more comfortable and relaxing environment to work in. There was always something new to learn that made the job more likable.
Its a job
Credentialing specialists (Current Employee), Columbia, MDDecember 28, 2014
Pros: i work from home
Cons: not much recognition
Although I am currently working from home, I have had good times when I worked in the office. They try to make things better for its employees but I believe other things can be done. All in all...the people are good people to work with.
Great place to hone your skills
Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Care Manager, Sr (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GA.December 26, 2014
Pros: close to home; work out facility on site. free coffee & tea.
Cons: sitting at a computer for entire shift
I talk to providers, hospital staff, psychiatrists and health plan members. I have learned so much at Magellan, including computer proficiencies, handling complex cases, following policy and procedures. Providing telephonic crisis counseling, and determining severity of risk and level of acuity. My co-workers in general are very dedicated to our work at Magellan, friendly, helpful and serve our customers with the upmost integrity, caring and results driven.
The hardest part of my job is sitting at a computer all day, but the most enjoyable part of my job, is talking with our members who are in need of a licensed professional who can assist them in understanding their health plan, educating them about levels of care from traditional outpatient services to inpatient services for behavioral and substance use disorders. Educating them about mental health and substance use disorders, providing resources for them to obtain help and support in their daily lives.
Great company to work for.
Data Management Specialist-II (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MODecember 22, 2014
Pros: great overall
Cons: recontruction and down-sizing caused alot of lay offs.
Data entry of rates for services of mental health providers.
Great stepping stone for anyone in the education field
Administrative Support/Customer Service (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 10, 2014
Pros: no work on the weekends
Cons: late hours
Greeting new students, answering phone calls, general administrative duties. Data entry, time management and general education administrative duties were some of the things that I learned while in this position. The co-workers were great and very helpful. Management was good and fair. There was really nothing too hard about this job.
No loyalty to employees here!
Sr Care Manager (Former Employee), PhoenixDecember 10, 2014
Pros: knowledgable and caring supervisor
Cons: all about the financial bottom line, unfair compensation among employees with same skills and experience.
I worked for Magellan Health Services for 7 years. I was laid off with about 250 other employees. The severance contract was written so that most employees who were laid off were not eligible. I should have been compensated more than $10,000 over a 3 month period. Don't trust Magellan to treat you fairly.
Interesting and exciting work.
MILITARY FAMILY LIFE COUNSELORS (Former Employee), USADecember 9, 2014
Pros: contractual work
Cons: contractual work
Awesome in that this positions provides supportive consults to service personnel.
Good money but not worth it
MFLC (Military Family Life Consultant) (Former Employee), Ft Campbell, KYDecember 8, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, working with military families, good money
Cons: coorporate like atmosphere, no loyality, too many people to report to
I have worked as a military contractor for over 4 years, traveling to different locations, mostly working at Ft Campbell. It is a great job for newly licensed counselors but the travel will "get to you" if you choose to be an independent contractor. Also, there are so many policies and procedures that keep you from doing your job (which is helping military families) Don't step outside the box! It's the kind of job where you are safer "doing nothing than something."
Provider Data Management
Provider Data Manager (Current Employee), Maryland Heights, MODecember 5, 2014
Versatile, busy, detailed and consistent. Great co-workers and management staff members.
Great balance
Contract Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VADecember 1, 2014
great balance in workload
advancement opportunities are available
productive and fun to work
Oracle DBA (Former Employee), columbia, mdNovember 22, 2014
I had a very gods relationship with my management and coworkers.
Everyday I go to work I learn something new.
company is great to work for but this location is not.
clinical pharmacy technician (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FloridaNovember 17, 2014
The company itself is a pretty good place to work for. The work environment is good when you are not constant being hassle, or picked on. The company I would give a great rating for its the pharmacy technician supervisor that makes it hard to work there. Constant finding something to pick on you for, shows favoritism, never owns up to his mistakes but will quickly throw you under the bus(hypothetically speaking). He doesn't know how to talk to employees, poor management skills. The list can go on and on about this work environment there. Magellan is a good company to work for if it was under better management.
profession company
MILITARY AND FAMILY LIFE COUNSELOR (Current Employee), VirginiaNovember 3, 2014
Pros: bi-weekly support with supervisor
Cons: sometimes difficult to schedule long vacations
Magellan Health Services is a very positive company to work for. They provide excellent benefits, flexible hours and very professional supervisors.
Great Pay Excellent Benefits
OSS/Claims Customer Service/ Member Service & EMR (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LouisianaOctober 13, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits and company perks
Cons: lack of skilled management and policies not quite explained or understood
The environment is very professional and most of the management is very knowledgeable of their department. My co-workers are all new, so haven't had much time to really get a good feel for them; however, most of them seem very social and skilled to do their job. I love working for magellan, I just wished they had better management and leadership in the department I work for because it seems as if the reps have more insight and knowledge than the supervisors.
The easiest part of the job is the job itself because we are well equipped with resources to make sure we are doing the best job possible. The hardest part of the job is realizing there is not much room for growth or advancement within the company because we all want to move forward.
I have been given the opportunity to cross train for multiple positions which is the most rewarding part of my job. Learning clinical advsisor was the best opportunity given to me because it gave me an entire new skill that I didn't possess begin my journey at magellan.
Decent Job Good Benefits
Authorization Representative (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 12, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: lay offs
Decent company to work for, pay depending on department good also god benefits. Down side tend to lay off a lot.
good work place
Claims Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 8, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
good compant just unstable due to contracts overall a great place to work for me.
Project Administrator (Current Employee), Maryland Heights, MOSeptember 27, 2014
Magellan has been good to me throughout the years. There is opportunity for growth in certain departments.
Great experience
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 24, 2014
Cons: short breaks
I've learned a lot from Magellan, and have gained lots of healthcare experience.
Professional and Friendly Environment
Case Management / Counseling (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: professional with a excellent open door policy
Cons: no opportunities for advancement
I have been with my current employment for 6 years and I have development different technique to appropriately assist my clients.
Member Advocate (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: great work atmosphere
Cons: demands of the job
One of the best places to work I've found so far. Outstanding Managerial Staff, Good work environment, and support from other departments. Only hard part of the job was the various demands of an ever changing workflow and responsibilities.

About Magellan Health Services

Magellan Health Services has charted its courseĀ to becomeĀ one of the largest managed behavioral health care companies in the nation. – Read more

Magellan Health Services Salaries