Magellan Health Services

Magellan Health Services Employer Reviews

Fun and Opertunity to learn and built my self.
SharePoint developer (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAMarch 28, 2014
Very Friendly,
and fun environment.
Plenty of opportunity to build oneself.
over all its a good work place
Administrative Support Clerk (Former Employee), Columbia, MDMarch 20, 2014
over all its a good work place good hours too and good benefits.
Good Job Secuirty but no room for advacement
Customer Care Coordinator/Customer Care Associate (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 20, 2014
Pros: great pto and benefits
Cons: terrible attendance policy, terrible maangement and no room for advacement
Magellan is a good place to work but it is hard to move up in the company and they do not appreicate those who have a strong aptitude to learn more or a strong will to want to advance.
Company has changed their core business and go forward strategy
Account Executive (Former Employee), National accountsMarch 18, 2014
Great place to work for the first 7-8 years. As the company has been trying to determine who it wants to be, the culture and work environment has suffered. Layoffs are commonplace, and will likely remain that way until there is some stability.
nice work enviroment
Radiology Administrator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 18, 2014
Pros: salary, and health insurance
Cons: counter productive work enviroment
no room for advancement. same systems used for years ( no up training ) supervisors will not provide personal direction for new products
A great experience and decent place to work.
Member Advocate (Current Employee), St. Louis MoMarch 4, 2014
Magellan is a professional environment with employees that care about their company. Everyone is friendly and likes to include whomever in activities.
Productive and full of knowledge
Customer Service Associate/Member Advocate (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: work contests, flexibility
Cons: very angry customers, crisis situations
Magellan was a different experience from normal customer service. I have acquired a lot of knowledge from calculating and adjuicating claims, reviewing appeals both administrative and clinical, and having a better understanding of the healthcare industry.
Work
Customer Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Maryland Heights, MOFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: activity level
Cons: company goal managment
..... Very good to balance home life and work. Easy work. Relaxed days.. flexible schedule. Pretty laid back. Decent food.
Decent place to work
Authorization Representative I (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 22, 2014
Worked 7am-3:30pm, excellent hours. Learned a lot about the mental health/radiology insurance.
Happy for the experience
Co Located/ Appeals and Comments Coordinator (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
I am happy for the experience for working with Magellan Health Services. I have learned and lot more aspects of the health care industry from a Bahavioral Health aspect.
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Data and Reporting Specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: flexible shecdules
Cons: none i can think of
Magellan is a positive work environment and I have had the ability to learn and grow. Management cares about their employees and everyone appears to be very happy working for this company.
Position allowed me to learn alot
Account Service Representative (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 13, 2014
My position allowed me to learn about many different areas in the company. My position touched a lot of departments so it offered me the opportunity to grow with additional knowledge.
Great workplace
Field Network Coordinator (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: wish had longer lunches; only 30 minutes
I have been working for Magellan for almost 9 years now. I enjoy working here. I was promoted three times and able to learn more of the business aspects of the company.
PRODUCTICE AND FUN WORK PLACE
Credentialing Specialist - Intake (Current Employee), Columbia, MDDecember 23, 2013
Pros: flex time
I have my assignmetnt and tools to use just incase i need more help
Anonymous (Current Employee), FLDecember 7, 2013
Typical day is long. Coworkers are friendly. parking is great.
Productive, always changing, active work place
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee), Columbia, MDDecember 2, 2013
Pros: accessible to many of the popular areas in columbia, md
Cons: commute can be bothersome
MHS is a very great place to work for with an excellent benefit plan; however depending on which department you enter, you can be a victim of management bullying or general disregard for your well being. Worked here many years and have only had one instance of the aforementioned, other than that the work place is always changing, special projects are – more... abound, and if you enjoy an active work place this is the one. – less
Average Place to work
Data Management Specialist (Current Employee), Maryland Heights, MONovember 26, 2013
Pros: flext time, vacation time, benefits
Cons: compensation, advancement, out dated systems
Overall the company is ok to work for. You get a lot of vacation; I mean a ton. But the pay isn't that great. It's hard to advance.Most people have better success leaving the company. A lot of the business practices and systems are outdated making it very difficult to do your job and be competitive in the ever changing market.
Be prepared for something totally different then what you were trained on.
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MONovember 23, 2013
Pros: people i worked with were very friendly
Cons: no sense of direction, all the managers do their own thing, no one is on the same page, lack of training on new accounts.
First off where do I begin at this place. You can have plus years of Customer Service or Call Center experience and still get paid peanuts coming in. I worked also with a lot of Customer Care Specialist. What they don't tell you is that Customer Care Specialist take all Supervisor calls. I have never worked anywhere that right off the Team Leader does – more... not take Supervisory calls. No room for advancement. They overlook you when you want to learn new things and there is favoritism. Some team leaders did nothing but socialized and barely knew there jobs. My manager was very knowledgeable and did her job but at times I felt she also overlooked things. Complaints against Supervisors are overlooked. On the floor it is totally different from training. Training leaves out some aspects that you don't learn until your on the floor. No training on new accounts. You just read a memo and familiarize yourself with the new company information. I could go on and on. All I'm saying is beware If you work for this department that has these positions at this company. You may do a 360 right out the door to another job and that's the truth! – less
stable company financially.
RN ICR (Former Employee), Maryland Heights MONovember 5, 2013
Typical work day is is typing and taking calls all day. day in and day out.
Productive workplace
Back up Customer Service Rep (CSD) (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOOctober 21, 2013
Answered inbound calls for the physician call back line and triage requests for peer-to-peer discussions to the appropriate physician.
Transfer calls from ordering physician or office staff to Physician Clinical Reviewer (PCR) for peer- to- peer discussion as appropriate.

About Magellan Health Services

Magellan Health Services has charted its courseĀ to becomeĀ one of the largest managed behavioral health care companies in the nation. – Read more