Magellan Health Services

Magellan Health Services Employer Reviews

Decent place to work
Authorization Representative I (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 22, 2014
Worked 7am-3:30pm, excellent hours. Learned a lot about the mental health/radiology insurance.
Happy for the experience
Co Located/ Appeals and Comments Coordinator (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
I am happy for the experience for working with Magellan Health Services. I have learned and lot more aspects of the health care industry from a Bahavioral Health aspect.
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Data and Reporting Specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: flexible shecdules
Cons: none i can think of
Magellan is a positive work environment and I have had the ability to learn and grow. Management cares about their employees and everyone appears to be very happy working for this company.
Position allowed me to learn alot
Account Service Representative (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 13, 2014
My position allowed me to learn about many different areas in the company. My position touched a lot of departments so it offered me the opportunity to grow with additional knowledge.
Great workplace
Field Network Coordinator (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: wish had longer lunches; only 30 minutes
I have been working for Magellan for almost 9 years now. I enjoy working here. I was promoted three times and able to learn more of the business aspects of the company.
PRODUCTICE AND FUN WORK PLACE
Credentialing Specialist - Intake (Current Employee), Columbia, MDDecember 23, 2013
Pros: flex time
I have my assignmetnt and tools to use just incase i need more help
Anonymous (Current Employee), FLDecember 7, 2013
Typical day is long. Coworkers are friendly. parking is great.
Productive, always changing, active work place
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee), Columbia, MDDecember 2, 2013
Pros: accessible to many of the popular areas in columbia, md
Cons: commute can be bothersome
MHS is a very great place to work for with an excellent benefit plan; however depending on which department you enter, you can be a victim of management bullying or general disregard for your well being. Worked here many years and have only had one instance of the aforementioned, other than that the work place is always changing, special projects are – more... abound, and if you enjoy an active work place this is the one. – less
Average Place to work
Data Management Specialist (Current Employee), Maryland Heights, MONovember 26, 2013
Pros: flext time, vacation time, benefits
Cons: compensation, advancement, out dated systems
Overall the company is ok to work for. You get a lot of vacation; I mean a ton. But the pay isn't that great. It's hard to advance.Most people have better success leaving the company. A lot of the business practices and systems are outdated making it very difficult to do your job and be competitive in the ever changing market.
Be prepared for something totally different then what you were trained on.
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MONovember 23, 2013
Pros: people i worked with were very friendly
Cons: no sense of direction, all the managers do their own thing, no one is on the same page, lack of training on new accounts.
First off where do I begin at this place. You can have plus years of Customer Service or Call Center experience and still get paid peanuts coming in. I worked also with a lot of Customer Care Specialist. What they don't tell you is that Customer Care Specialist take all Supervisor calls. I have never worked anywhere that right off the Team Leader does – more... not take Supervisory calls. No room for advancement. They overlook you when you want to learn new things and there is favoritism. Some team leaders did nothing but socialized and barely knew there jobs. My manager was very knowledgeable and did her job but at times I felt she also overlooked things. Complaints against Supervisors are overlooked. On the floor it is totally different from training. Training leaves out some aspects that you don't learn until your on the floor. No training on new accounts. You just read a memo and familiarize yourself with the new company information. I could go on and on. All I'm saying is beware If you work for this department that has these positions at this company. You may do a 360 right out the door to another job and that's the truth! – less
stable company financially.
RN ICR (Former Employee), Maryland Heights MONovember 5, 2013
Typical work day is is typing and taking calls all day. day in and day out.
Productive workplace
Back up Customer Service Rep (CSD) (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOOctober 21, 2013
Answered inbound calls for the physician call back line and triage requests for peer-to-peer discussions to the appropriate physician.
Transfer calls from ordering physician or office staff to Physician Clinical Reviewer (PCR) for peer- to- peer discussion as appropriate.
regular job nothing special
Call Center Rep (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJOctober 11, 2013
Pros: helping people
Cons: managers were very strick
I answered phone calls all day and I was able to talk with people medical problems and it was rewarding.
limited growth
na (Current Employee), ctOctober 8, 2013
limited growth potential. management has difficulty agreeing on strategic direction. projects frequently stopped and re-started or redirected.
Company was productive
Data Entry/Support Staff (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: celebrating an associate's birthday, meetings, pizza day
Cons: healthcare, vacation days
Turning on equipment such as copiers, fax, computer.
Entering yata into AS400 and Citrix
I liked most of my co-workers, a few I did not care for but got along with these folks in order to get the work done correctly
The hardest part of the job was running out of work and having to wait for more to be faxed over to the department I was in
I enjoyed our – more... weekly meetings; this was a time when we shared and learned about our work and each other. – less
Claims Specialist
Claims Specialist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 4, 2013
This was a nice and relaxing job environment. I was looking for something more fast-pace and challenging so it was not a good fit for me.
A Relaxed Environment!
Clinical Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FlAugust 30, 2013
Pros: relaxed work environment, lots of pto, monetary incentives
Cons: its a call center so the calls are non-stop...
Magellan, thus far, has been the best company I've worked for. They care about the employees and they encourage productivity by offering bonuses and other monthly incentives....including gift checks! Management is okay. I believe my supervisor is sometimes crabby only because he has to be.... Great company! I would definitely recommend!
Claims Specialist
Claims Specialist I (Former Employee), Columbia, MDAugust 21, 2013
Pros: early work schedule
A typical day at work was to process and resolve claim edits on suspended claims. I also provided support to my team members and processed claims with a high level of quality in accordance with the claim payment policies. I learned to improve my productivity. Management was available and working with my co-workers created a great support system. The – more... hardest part of the job was high production rate with inconsistent resources. The most enjoyable part of the job was working side by side with my-coworkers. – less
Informatica developer
Informatica developer (Current Employee), MarylandAugust 16, 2013
• Having 8 years of experience in IT Industry with emphasis on Data Warehousing tools using industry accepted methodologies and procedures.
• Extensively worked on ETL for over 6 years using Informatica.
• Technical expertise in ETL methodologies, Informatica 6.x/7.x/8.x - Power Center, Power Mart, Client tools – Mapping Designer, Workflow Manager/Monitor – more... and Server tools – Informatica Server Manager, Repository Server Manager, and Power Exchange.
• Expertise in Data Warehousing, Data Migration, Data Modeling, and Data Cleansing.
• Worked on Data Integration projects.
• Directly responsible for the Extraction, Transformation & Loading of data from multiple sources into Data Warehouse.
• Expertise in source to target mapping in Enterprise and Corporate Data Warehouse environments.
• Designed and developed complex mappings, from varied transformation logic like connected and unconnected lookups, source qualifier, router, filter, union, sorter, expression, aggregator, sequence generator, transaction control, joiner and update strategy and more.
• Involved in designing ETL data load strategy for SCD type1, 2 Dimensions and Fact tables, ETL reject handling, ETL restart recovery logic.
• Very strong knowledge in Relational Databases (RDBMS), Data modeling and building Data Warehouse, Data Marts using Star Schema and Snow Flake Schema.
• Extensive database experience and highly skilled in SQL in Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2, Teradata, Sybase, Mainframe Files, Flat Files, MS Access.
• Skilled in SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, TOAD, SQL Assistant.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, quick learner and analytical skills.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication skills, with ability to interact with individuals at all levels. – less
Productive workplace. A lot of experienced employees
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAAugust 11, 2013
Pros: lots of work to be completed
Cons: not a great environment for young professionals
Very great company -- in a continuous state of growth and advancement. Has a very bright future ahead of itself. Management there was excellent, they all have the right attitude for improving the company. A typical day at work is constant productivity -- there is a lot of projects and assignments to be completed. Co-workers are very knowledgeable and – more... experienced, but the workplace lacks young professionals. – less

About Magellan Health Services

Magellan Health Services has charted its course to become one of the largest managed behavioral health care companies in the nation. – Read more