Magellan Health Services

Magellan Health Services Employer Reviews

Busy and full of meetings
Sr. Programmer Analyst (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJune 18, 2014
I improved a lot as an entry level programer analyst with Magellan. It was a great opportunity for me to work with a great team and great management.
It's time for me to find new challenges and improve myself in many other ways.
Growing company, national scale
General Manager, CMC (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJJune 17, 2014
Pros: expanding footprint
Magellan is a growing company with national scale.The company has a strong history in Behavioral Health services. The company has employees with strong knowledge base and skill sets.
fun work place
Customer Care Associate (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 15, 2014
Pros: lunch
fun work place good co workers learned alot about medical insurance policies
Benefits wonderful, Management terrible
Smi Evaluation and Eligibility Coordinator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 12, 2014
Pros: wonderful benefits
Cons: inadequate leadership
Benefits were excellent. Management very inexperienced. My department kept losing supervisors through layoffs, or accepting other job offers. The result my department was inefficiently run by inexperienced supervisors who knew little or nothing of my department's job roles. Ineffective decisions made by little or no understanding of the department's – more... policies. End result outside peers thought my department did not know how to do their jobs. – less
Employees are not valued
Care Manager (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LouisianaJune 7, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: abusive work environment
Basically this is a stressful environment with no support from supervisors or upper management. Employees are NEVER given an opportunity to provide any feedback. Management is disconnected from staff. No supervision or training, unrealistic expectations of employees. Many employees are looking for other employment. Some employees just quit without finding – more... other employment. The benefits are great. – less
Fun place to work
Senior Reimbursement Analyst/Collection Department (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 23, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no room for advancement
Responsible for all aspects of collection for the Orthopedic and Radiology practice which included arbitration for No Fault cases and appearing in courts with physician on hearings on Workers Compensation cases
Day to day billing duties includes accurate CPT and ICD 9 coding on all claims per guidelines
Assist in cash applications, bank deposits
Assist – more... in front desk/customer service on an as needed basis – less
great coworkers and creative job experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJApril 21, 2014
Pros: helping customers
Cons: dealing with angry people
A great opportunity for dealing with people and their mental health and substance abuse behavor
Account Management in Scottsdale - BEWARE
Account Manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZApril 1, 2014
Cons: vp of operations/account management
Great company - awful AM leadership. High rate of turnover. Inconsistent messaging and role requirements.
Fun and Opertunity to learn and built my self.
SharePoint developer (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAMarch 28, 2014
Very Friendly,
and fun environment.
Plenty of opportunity to build oneself.
over all its a good work place
Administrative Support Clerk (Former Employee), Columbia, MDMarch 20, 2014
over all its a good work place good hours too and good benefits.
Good Job Secuirty but no room for advacement
Customer Care Coordinator/Customer Care Associate (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 20, 2014
Pros: great pto and benefits
Cons: terrible attendance policy, terrible maangement and no room for advacement
Magellan is a good place to work but it is hard to move up in the company and they do not appreicate those who have a strong aptitude to learn more or a strong will to want to advance.
Company has changed their core business and go forward strategy
Account Executive (Former Employee), National accountsMarch 18, 2014
Great place to work for the first 7-8 years. As the company has been trying to determine who it wants to be, the culture and work environment has suffered. Layoffs are commonplace, and will likely remain that way until there is some stability.
nice work enviroment
Radiology Administrator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 18, 2014
Pros: salary, and health insurance
Cons: counter productive work enviroment
no room for advancement. same systems used for years ( no up training ) supervisors will not provide personal direction for new products
A great experience and decent place to work.
Member Advocate (Current Employee), St. Louis MoMarch 4, 2014
Magellan is a professional environment with employees that care about their company. Everyone is friendly and likes to include whomever in activities.
Productive and full of knowledge
Customer Service Associate/Member Advocate (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: work contests, flexibility
Cons: very angry customers, crisis situations
Magellan was a different experience from normal customer service. I have acquired a lot of knowledge from calculating and adjuicating claims, reviewing appeals both administrative and clinical, and having a better understanding of the healthcare industry.
Work
Customer Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Maryland Heights, MOFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: activity level
Cons: company goal managment
..... Very good to balance home life and work. Easy work. Relaxed days.. flexible schedule. Pretty laid back. Decent food.
Decent place to work
Authorization Representative I (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 22, 2014
Worked 7am-3:30pm, excellent hours. Learned a lot about the mental health/radiology insurance.
Happy for the experience
Co Located/ Appeals and Comments Coordinator (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
I am happy for the experience for working with Magellan Health Services. I have learned and lot more aspects of the health care industry from a Bahavioral Health aspect.
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Data and Reporting Specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: flexible shecdules
Cons: none i can think of
Magellan is a positive work environment and I have had the ability to learn and grow. Management cares about their employees and everyone appears to be very happy working for this company.
Position allowed me to learn alot
Account Service Representative (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 13, 2014
My position allowed me to learn about many different areas in the company. My position touched a lot of departments so it offered me the opportunity to grow with additional knowledge.

About Magellan Health Services

Magellan Health Services has charted its courseĀ to becomeĀ one of the largest managed behavioral health care companies in the nation. – Read more