Magellan Employee Reviews

great place to work
TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 12, 2017
co-workers are great, helpful, good work environment, open door policy for any and all problems, you work is respected and appreciated, pay is good, overtime
customer cordinator
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  48th st and washingtonSeptember 28, 2017
it was a repetitive position with a great atmosphere and environment . They offered great benefits and good pay, it was easy to be successful, I really enjoyed my time with them.
Worst Management Ever
Product Owner (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CASeptember 12, 2017
It was an out and out clown show. The management team fought constantly, and each director relished the moment when one of their counterparts failed or was given a dressing down by the CEO. So even though the company lost, it was a win for the director(s) who were not on the receiving end of the punishment. Possibly the worst management team in the history of any company I've worked for. The management team was a textbook case of how to run a company into the ground. Oh, the stories I could tell....
Pros
An innovated product, at the time.
Cons
Management team.
Love prople
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  EAST PINE STREETFebruary 28, 2017
I like working with people and moving around to do other jobs. Love handy cap people and working with them love god as my savor and most of all just working with the fine folks in the tulsa area !
Peace and love god bless you
Will make the best hand you have ever had working for you !
Team Friendly
Sr. Appeals/Grievance and ICM Caseworker (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 9, 2017
management is very 'LETS WORK AS A TEAM' and appreciates employees throughout the year. Cubicles are very ergonomic friendly. They have a spirit committee that make the surroundings fun
Pros
free lunches
Cons
customer service can not always participate in luncheon due to phone calls
Supportive of worker activity
Licensed Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 8, 2016
Great support and fair compensation. Supervisor was early reachable and responded to employees in need of supervision.
Pros
fair compensation and great supervisor support
Lack of leadership
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJuly 25, 2015
The lack of leadership. Supervisors were very lazy and were scared to talk to clients. Only cared about themselves and no one else.Hired team leads who do not know what their doing.
Productive, well organized company
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 26, 2015
I believed i was well trained for the required job, and on handling crisis calls and rude callers. I enjoyed the working atmosphere and learning more about the mental health field and the insurance process.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short breaks
was fun while it lasted
Member Advocate/Data Entry/Claim Investigator (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 20, 2015
The schedule was the hardest part for some employees but I loved the structure. This was a call center and we took some difficult calls sometimes.There was turnover due to the stress. i however enjoyed the challenge. The supervisors and other member advocates were really great to work with, they will be missed.
Pros
great company
Cons
stressful calls sometimes
Job
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 25, 2015
Nice company to work for has opportunities for growth that had a lot of community involvement
Pros
work hours
Cons
compensaton/ hours of operations
Great Company
Military & Family Life Counselor (Current Employee) –  Virgin IslandsJanuary 8, 2015
I enjoy working for this company. The supervisory staff is excellent and the opportunity to work with service members and their families is priceless!
Unorganized company.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 25, 2014
Unfortunately the company was going through a lot of changes that occurred after a merge and it did not impress me. It was too far away from home to stay.
Great Company to work for.
Office Manager/Realtor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 1, 2014
This is a woman owned, women run company with some of the best people in the world to work with. They have a code of ethics and responsibility that outshines other companies.
It was a great company to work for.They were professional and had a fun work environment.
Error Resolutions (Former Employee) –  Phoenix AZApril 29, 2014
This was a great job because you got to interact with the other employees by helping them resolve errors.The management was good.The hardest part of the job was having to remember all the different codes you had to use.The most enjoyable was my co-workers.
Pros
Located right next to the light rail.
Cons
How far it was located from my house.
Good Employer to work for
Provider Relations Supervisor/CCM (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 21, 2014
Despite the possibility of contracts ending, Magellan was an excellent place to work and they really took care of their employees when the contract did end.
///
ELIGIBILITY SPECIALIST/CLAIMS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMarch 28, 2014
I worked there for almost 9 years, there was stability, and I got a promotion while I worked there.
Pros
flexible hours
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Internships) (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 29, 2014
I would typically make reports, send reports and input data onto the Magellan servers.
Provided healthcare services for members
Member Advocate (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJanuary 23, 2014
A typical day at work will consist of answering calls from in inbound call center.
Pros
The positive work enviroment
Cons
The contract was lost and the job will be ending soon
Acceptable entry job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MissouriJanuary 22, 2014
Great hours 7am-3:30pm. Learned to authorize patient services for mental health and also billing for mental health.
Productive and Fun!
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 28, 2013
A typical workday involves interacting with children at their school's or at their home. I learned how to understand a person that is involved in an uncontrollable situation. I never met any of my co-workers. We worked independently when assessing each client. The hardest part of the job was seeing these emotionally and socially disturbed children cry over the burden of handling such difficult situations. The most enjoyable part of the job is being more than a mental health specialist for these kids. To may I was a friend to others I was family. I touched me deeply to know that I was never judged by my position but given the opportunity to help someone that was willing to be helped!
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Only given a certain time frame for counseling