Magellan Employee Reviews

Productive, well organized company
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 26, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: short breaks
I believed i was well trained for the required job, and on handling crisis calls and rude callers. I enjoyed the working atmosphere and learning more about the mental health field and the insurance process.
was fun while it lasted
Member Advocate/Data Entry/Claim Investigator (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJMarch 20, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: stressful calls sometimes
The schedule was the hardest part for some employees but I loved the structure. This was a call center and we took some difficult calls sometimes.There was turnover due to the stress. i however enjoyed the challenge. The supervisors and other member advocates were really great to work with, they will be missed.
Job
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: work hours
Cons: compensaton/ hours of operations
Nice company to work for has opportunities for growth that had a lot of community involvement
Great Company
Military & Family Life Counselor (Current Employee), Virgin IslandsJanuary 8, 2015
I enjoy working for this company. The supervisory staff is excellent and the opportunity to work with service members and their families is priceless!
Unorganized company.
Secretary (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJune 25, 2014
Unfortunately the company was going through a lot of changes that occurred after a merge and it did not impress me. It was too far away from home to stay.
Great Company to work for.
Office Manager/Realtor (Current Employee), Rochester, NYMay 1, 2014
This is a woman owned, women run company with some of the best people in the world to work with. They have a code of ethics and responsibility that outshines other companies.
It was a great company to work for.They were professional and had a fun work environment.
Error Resolutions (Former Employee), Phoenix AZApril 29, 2014
Pros: located right next to the light rail.
Cons: how far it was located from my house.
This was a great job because you got to interact with the other employees by helping them resolve errors.The management was good.The hardest part of the job was having to remember all the different codes you had to use.The most enjoyable was my co-workers.
Good Employer to work for
Provider Relations Supervisor/CCM (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 21, 2014
Despite the possibility of contracts ending, Magellan was an excellent place to work and they really took care of their employees when the contract did end.
///
ELIGIBILITY SPECIALIST/CLAIMS SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOMarch 28, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: //
I worked there for almost 9 years, there was stability, and I got a promotion while I worked there.
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Internships) (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 29, 2014
I would typically make reports, send reports and input data onto the Magellan servers.
Provided healthcare services for members
Member Advocate (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: the positive work enviroment
Cons: the contract was lost and the job will be ending soon
A typical day at work will consist of answering calls from in inbound call center.
Acceptable entry job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Earth City, MissouriJanuary 22, 2014
Great hours 7am-3:30pm. Learned to authorize patient services for mental health and also billing for mental health.
Productive and Fun!
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LADecember 28, 2013
Pros: working with children
Cons: only given a certain time frame for counseling
A typical workday involves interacting with children at their school's or at their home. I learned how to understand a person that is involved in an uncontrollable situation. I never met any of my co-workers. We worked independently when assessing each client. The hardest part of the job was seeing these emotionally and socially disturbed children cry over the burden of handling such difficult situations. The most enjoyable part of the job is being more than a mental health specialist for these kids. To may I was a friend to others I was family. I touched me deeply to know that I was never judged by my position but given the opportunity to help someone that was willing to be helped!
Very face pace customer service- Call center
Authorization Representative (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 5, 2013
The company is a medical company and have very high turn over rate.
revolving door
Receiving (Former Employee), DenverMay 23, 2013
The management has not figured out the warehouse. There is a revolving door of personnel and work hours and shifting schedules and departments. It was a great company but they haven't figured out how to manage the warehouse between temps and permanent employees and overtime. Once they figure it out it will be a great place to work.
was fun place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), San Dimas, CAMay 16, 2013
Pros: no free lunches and no games there
Cons: no healthcare, was a temp employee
typical day at work was fun.. I handled company accounts . hot to know my customers. hardest part of my job was leaving my coworkers
Slave shop
Electronic Technician (Former Employee), Upland, CAMarch 3, 2013
Cons: worst management team ever.
One of the worst jobs I ever had. No talking just work. Micro management at its best.
Magellan
Acquisitions Analyst (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 13, 2012
This is a private equity company that focuses on the development of industrial, private airport, and commercial property.
Good place to work for
Account Receivable (Former Employee), San Dimas, CANovember 28, 2012
Research the claim for accuracy and process for payment. the co-worker are very helpful. The hardest part of the job was obtain supporting documents.
Productive and exciting
Systems Support Analyst - Contract (Former Employee), Earth City, MONovember 24, 2012
I enjoyed my time working at Magellan. It was great.
I enjoyed working with the staff and company.