Magellan’s is looking for an exceptional Senior Web Developer to help lead the evolution of Magellan’s International Travel, a 20+ year old iconic brand famous for providing the best travel solutions. The Senior Web Developer will be responsible for daily site maintenance and large scale UI enhancements for our fast moving catalog and retail eCommerce space. Magellans.com is on Magento platform (Open Source) and is written in PHP 5.
- Coordinate efforts for new development and maintenance of both frontend and backend web assets. These assets include platform (Magento), backend order systems (Controller), and miscellaneous tools used to operate our business.
- Creatively design open source solutions for the Magento platform to meet the needs of leadership.
- Implement site design layouts and elements as designed by the Creative Team.
- Maintain product information database, website prices, categorization and product merchandising, cross-sells and all other web-relevant product information as directed by Merchandising, Inventory Control and Marketing.
- Process product images for website updates including featured images, alternate views, swatches and thumbnails, as well as zoom and/or color enhancement by third party and creating and applying guided zoom product labels.
- Run daily quality assurance reports, making updates required, coordinating with other departments to ensure backend systems are in alignment. Participate in quality assurance testing as part of catalog launch cycle.
- Respond to production type issues in a timely fashion.
- Update non-product content areas like customer service, travel articles, etc. as directed.
- Filter customer product reviews for upload and flag for review by Merchandising.
- Work with vendors to enhance product content on website by identifying additional images, copy, specifications and similar detailed information to help present products in the best possible light.
- Maintain relevant cross-reference files used by vendors to drive traffic to the website.
- Partner with outside product services to enhance the overall customer experience.
- Serve as a team player with other developers, and other individuals within the organization.
Skills and Work Experience
- BA or BS or equivalent (minimum of development experience)
- 3+ years of PHP programming experience
- Prior Magento development experience
- Proficiency in Object Oriented PHP 5 development
- High proficiency with Excel, HTML, CSS,
- Experience working with a framework such as the Zend Framework
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a high attention to detail
- Familiarity with PHP debuggers
- Ability to learn new systems, API's and languages quickly
Other Job Details
- Competitive salary and fun working environment
- Full benefits available including medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.
- Convenient central Denver, CO location in the heart of Cherry Creek
Colorado Bag’n Baggage and Magellan’s recently joined forces to form the nation’s leading specialty retailer of travel goods. Both companies have catered to the elite traveler for more than 30 years and, today, the combined company offers a wide variety of branded and exclusive travel related products. We are seeking employees with a strong desire to be a part of a rapidly growing and changing operation who actively seek out new challenges.
Colorado Bag’n Baggage and Magellan’s recently joined forces to form the nation’s leading specialty retailer of travel...