Maggiano's Little Italy

Maggiano's Little Italy Employee Reviews

very fun work place good place to support career or school!
dishwasher (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHAugust 24, 2015
Pros: free lunches, sometimes pizza during holidays, easy to get a job!
Cons: Need to hire backup temp workers for dish area!
It was good to support a career goal. I met a lot of good people mostly hot female servers. Need to hire temp crew for dish washers.
Great Place
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Pay, Benefits
Cons: None
Maggiano's Little Italy is a Great place to work. It is a fast paced restaurant with lots of opportunity for growth. I would recommend it for sure.
Caring and upbeat team mates with a warm enviroment
Delivery and Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 6, 2015
Pros: 50% off all brinker restaurants.
Cons: not so good benefits.
This restaurant is not like any other I've worked for before. Everyone has your back 100% and is always supportive. It is a very warm environment with the textures of the restaurant, you walk in and are always welcomed with big smiles. The culture of the restaurant is mom and pops type of feeling. Management is always there to catch you when you fall and help you get back on your feet. They also know how to make sure the employees are having fun and making sure they wake up excited to come to work each day. For such a huge corporation I was expecting it to be more uptight but I was wrong. They only want the best for their employees.
Above average company for servers
Server (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2015
Corporate atmosphere and professionalism. Maintains focus on customers and employees. Provides the best lifestyle possible for its employees in an industry where it is difficult to do so.
Great Teamwork
Delivery Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Great teamwork
Cons: n/a
I loved working for Maggiano's being that the whole staff was on your team. No matter the position of the teammate, they were always eager to assist me if I had any questions or concerns. Or if I just needed help, they were there. It was a great company to work for, the team definitely backed me up!
Amazing job and great opportunities
Assist host or hostess, Write patrons' food orders (Current Employee), Wauwatosa, WIJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Fast paced environment, always something to do
Cons: Hours, no breaks
Preparing food and cooking on the line, can get hectic at times but I remain calm and keep up with the required pace for business needs.
Stocker
Stocker (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Fast paced
Cons: Part time employment
Polished silverware, cutting bread, making coffee, sanitizing work and wrapping station. It was a fun fast paced environment with plenty of opportunity to grow.
very busy kitchen
chef (Former Employee), TampaJuly 1, 2015
Pros: You can learn somthing
Cons: their going to work you to death
I work for Maggiano's for 9 year's in Tampa very very busy kitchen
high turn over for chef you have to kiss butt to get ahead in this company their also a high turn over for front of the house management as well. this mean that you can be their for a few years and work very hard then a new chef or gm walk in now you have to prove yourself all over again. they say quality life that's a joke
so i left this company in 2010 and they have been looking for chefs for years when i was there we didn't have this problem we didn't put cook , dishwasher job online we didn't have to i can't tell you what has change but I will say Taker beware !!!
Great Culture and Advancement Opportunity
Host/Banquet Server (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJJune 26, 2015
Pros: Discount on meals and shift trading phone application
Cons: the pay
I would clock in and head straight to the host stand. I learned how to seat people properly in a restaurant using maggianos guidelines. Management was fair as long as you handled all your responsibilities. My co-workers were all pretty young and hard working. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the waiting time when we got busy because you wanted to make the guests experience perfect. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my close friend and getting to know my peers.
High volume fast paced work environment
Server (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJune 13, 2015
Pros: good overall pay
Cons: high volume of customers
The only way I can describe Maggianos would be that in the realm of corporate restaurants, Maggianos is the Major leagues where only the most skilled servers can cope with the high volume and level of service expected with a fine dinning restaurant
Great co-workers and management
Server (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 9, 2015
Pros: Free meals sometimes
Cons: No breaks for service team
Ever since opening this store nine months ago, I have loved so many aspects. The people I work with are genuine and responsible and the atmosphere is enjoyable while hard work is rewarded. Our management teams requires constant feedback and open dialogue to ensue teammate happiness. Furthermore, employees are trusted and respected as valuable parts of the company.

The hardest part of this job is working out the kinks. Since the restaurant is still rather new, there are still many flow issues and small conflicts that have yet to be resolved. Although time and patients will surely take care of this.
unless you're part of the mgmt fraternity or a certain clique, it's tough
BOH (Former Employee), Durham, NCMay 28, 2015
Pros: Teaches you how to deal with difficult people
Cons: pay increases are exceptionally rare, difficult management
While the corporate policies that are taught are actually pretty good, those policies are not followed by the management team. Good people are often ignored so that favorites can roll through the ranks at lightning speed. Hiring and wage practices are unfair. Example 1: They hire people to be dishwashers at or near minimum wage, "promote" them to cook positions in a month, but don't give them raises. Example 2: They talk in meetings about how cutting down on waste, etc will cause salary increases for everybody, but reviews and increases are exceptionally rare.
Fun & Productive workplace with multiple fun coworker outings/events
Hostess (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 22, 2015
A typical day at Maggiano's would consist of providing excellent service to our customers and making sure that they leave our restaurant satisfied. All coworkers and managment working together as a respectable team. The hardest part of the job would have to be seeing any of our guests unsatisfied or upset. Easiest being assisting guests to there requests.
Awesome job culture
Hostess (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Great food, great reputation, generally happy guests, great coworkers. Good work/life balance
Cons: No job advancement
The work family I developed over the almost two years that I was there is what I miss the most about this job and something that I think about every day. Definitely a valuable job for me to have while in college, I learned a lot about costumer service, public relations, leadership, and teamwork.
Overall ok place to work just bad managing
Prep cook (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, great training
Cons: Watch out for who you talk to they might find a way to make you look stupid
No loyalty with management team, will work you to death. Clean environment but dirty attitudes sometimes. Very easy to learn and pick up ideas for home cooking. Food is really awesome though
Fun, fast paced environment
Server (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 18, 2015
Maggiano's was a fun place to work, though an extremely high stress, fast paced environment. The management staff had a lot of trouble communicating with each other, as well as the BOH staff. Side work was minimal, but a very important part of each server's daily responsibilities. Overall, it was a profitable, yet stressful, location for a server.
People who love people
Waiter (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 18, 2015
Worked together as a team with numerous employees to ensure proper job execution and provide the highest quality possible. Communicated with a diverse crowd of guests to obtain their needs and gave recommendations to enhance their experience. Trained multiple new hire employees to follow and replicate my enhanced work qualities that I perfected over the years. Built strong relationships with not just management or staff members but with many guests.
Great place to grow in a traditional restaurant setting. High burn-out rate for young managers or people with families.
Manager/ Banquet Operations Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 13, 2015
Pros: From-scratch kitchen quality, traditional restaurant-setting, great chances for advancement, free meals, good salary and benefits, chances to transfer are there if you want.
Cons: Bad work/life balance, corporate bureaucracy runs deep, jaded managers, and impossible guests
Great place to chase advancement. Very hard work- it's a place where you will be tested mentally, physically, and emotionally every day. Corporate bureaucracy is pretty difficult to deal with many times. Guest recovery is something that you deal with VERY often- and unruly, mean guests double the difficulty of the job. Fellow managers ranged from truly amazing and hard-working, to lazy and jaded. Overall, it was a great place to grow and if you're looking to be classically trained in a genuine, every-changing restaurant, Maggiano's will give you all of that. Quality of life is the big downfall though.
Great job
Hostess (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 10, 2015
Great work environment surrounded by a staff that ensures growth and opportunity within the company. Could be difficult at times, but the teammates really made the job easier
DISHWASHING
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAApril 19, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: Pay
a day at work was getting the saute pans ready for the cooks and if the table linnens were ready we had to throw them out, also we had to throw out the trash, cleaning the line where the chefs cook, cleaning the floors and cleaning our station, also we had to organize the shelves of utensils for the cooks. i learned at this job to move quickly no matter how slow it was the management only two of my managers were exceptional the others were in charge of the servers and bussers. The hardest part was when you were alone and had to work by yourself and closing. The most enjoyable part was getting free food by working in the kitchen
Headquarters