Maggiano's Little Italy

Maggiano's Little Italy Employee Reviews

learning experience
Runner/Busser (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILAugust 25, 2016
Magiano's lIttle Italy was a cool job, I liked the very fast paced work and relaxed down time, but the Job culture leads to a very cut throat feeling, people being fired left and right for things that could have been worked out or improved upon. Overall I met great people there, earned a decent pay, met great staff, and co workers.
Pros
The Kitchen cooked for the workers
Cons
Cut throat environment, employee's being fired for very minuscule situations.
Summary of Working
Prep cook (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 15, 2016
A typical day for me starts early since im a student at the CIA now im up later. Working wise though I am use to working doubles on the weekends and working after school. I am currently a full student so I would be working part time. I am the type of person that gets along with others but handles my business. I was taught that there is a time and place for everything, and being professional is very important. The most important part of my day s when I am learning something and I make it on my own and its perfect that feeling i get is what keeps me coming back for more. I look forward to it every-time I cook/bake.
Pros
I get to learn new things, meet new people, do what i love
Cons
N/A
Great company that cares about their employees
Server and Trainer (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 29, 2016
Life at Maggiano's has been great. They have treated me wonderfully. I have worked with most of the same management for the past 10 years. They give me the schedule and time that I need to take care of my family and work on my career as a concept artist. I knew Maggiano's was loyal to their employees when earlier this year the restaurant closed down due to a health scare and the company reimbursed the entire staff the earnings we lost. Great Company to work for.
Pros
schedule
Cons
late nights
It was okay
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 6, 2016
It was an alright job just no understanding for single parents who have issues finding childcare. I would recommend this job for single adults or adults who dont have children under the age of 2 years old. The chefs were respectable but did not care if you had childcare or not.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
No breaks and not alot of room in the kitchen for more than 3 people
Excellent place to work.
Food Runner/Host (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 30, 2016
Typical day at work, run food and get paid extremely well for it.
I've learned to work in a team and how to stack a lot of plates on my arms.
Management is flexible, co-workers are awesome, hardest part is the strain on the legs and the most enjoyable would have to be that it's just sweet.
Pros
Excellent job with great opportunities to make money
USA. Supervisor (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAApril 12, 2016
Maggiano's is a great place for experienced wait staff to make money and have a very flexible schedule. It isn't fine dining but it isn't fast-casual either. It is a great family environment. Expectations are to just adhere to the brand standards and sell featured items. Nothing too crazy. Management is not something you will encounter at any other restaurant. The general manager is great with staff. He has a real human element to him. Most other managers on his team follow suit. The fellow teammates are pretty much the same in any other restaurant. There is always clicks and crews that stick together. Everyone gets along for the most part.
Never Again!
Coordinator, Trainer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 19, 2016
They have some ok benefits and if you work for managers who uphold the Maggiano's Way it can be a great place to work. Unfortunately they basically work their people like slaves and a vast majority of the managers who work for the company don't seem to be in their role because of their skill or dedication but rather because they're friends with someone above them. The company is cut throat and the management style is pretty idealistic and doesn't develop great managers. There are some in the company but the best ones were not developed there.
Pros
Ok benefits, A few good managers, Food that is easy to execute, Very good growth for entry level food service workers.
Cons
Breaks are hard to come by, the monthly features as a cook, If you want growth don't expect a personal life until you actually are a salaried manager, many very low quality managers, Restaurant closing, Steve Provost
Great place
Carry-out Service (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VASeptember 10, 2016
Maggianos is a great restaurant. I worked in the carry-out booth and it was a very faced paced environment. I learned skills including keeping cool under pressure, and also staying organized and why it is so important in any environment.
Fun workplace
Busser/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILSeptember 20, 2016
i did enjoyed working there until i had no motivation to work there any more so i told the manager i had to move on to another job what's the point of being there if you don't have compassion or motivation.
Pros
postive managers
Cons
no cons
Fun and good environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAFebruary 19, 2016
Typical day at work would be 5 to 8 hours and walk out normally with the average of 80 dollars.
I learned how to deal with every kinds of people and situations.
fun and friendly staff and management
The job wasn't really hard, the only thing would be not knowing how much money you will walk out with.
Talking to different types of people would be a fun fact about the job.
Pros
Flexible hours, easy cash
Cons
not constant money, stressful
great place
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 19, 2016
a fancy place that serves great food and is very busy they have high expectations for there employees and they treat every customer great and handle problems professionally
Great first place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 28, 2016
I loved it here the only problem I had was that the staff didn't work well together as a team, mostly because their was no management in place that was effective then, thats since changed so I've heard.
No chance for success
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook, ILFebruary 25, 2016
No bat back with an hour and a half wait. Terrible tip out from servers. No tip out for banquet service. No floor pads (OSHA required) and putting away liquor bottles every night and every morning in a lower back breaking cabinet. Just awful when it could be so great. And bugs
Pros
Great manager Anthony
Cons
Too many to list
Good environment
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2016
People are friendly all of my coworkers have pleasant attitudes before starting the workplace which ribs off on everyone.
Pros
family meals
Cons
not able to take breaks
Everyday is different
Banquet Captain (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 2, 2016
I enjoy working face to face with people and everyday is different. I really like to be busy so waitressing is great. You have to have patience and great customer service skills.
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJSeptember 5, 2016
maggianos has great food and nice staff, the management has been changed and there are many great things about the restaurant. middle class tier restaurant
Nice job!
Cashier/Food Handler (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMay 11, 2016
I was hired with maggianos in 2015 and I will highly approve of this job because of the great work ethnic the company has. although weekends get crazy the pay is good.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
work long shifts
Productive and fun workplace ever
Server (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJuly 5, 2016
It is one of the top places to work for Maggiano's is family and represents that through the guests which is why guests keep coming back.
fun environment, creative thinking is required
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILFebruary 15, 2016
I came across a great growth experience through building relationships and creating new ways to run the business. Changing shifts between hosting and bussing taught me to multitask and learn different perspectives.
Pros
professional attire
Cons
long standing hours
The Employees have some unique funny and money hungry
Dishwasher/Cook/Houseman/Server/Busser/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 7, 2016
During the holidays the nights at Maggiano's Little Italy is crazy but at the end of the night your anger and aggression will be solved by the satisfaction of greenbacks are in your pocket.

Bartending was a good skill that I learned at this place. This place has is a martini bar kinda place
Cons
Short Breaks... No Vacation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maggiano's Little Italy. Our community is ready to answer.

Maggiano's Little Italy Reviews by Location