Maggianos Little Italy Employee Reviews

not a bad company to work for
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 4, 2013
the hardest part of this job is the buisness rushes, we would have to fill the orders from the regular customers and the parties at the same time, and the togo and catering orders as well, all of that at the same time could be very frustrating especialy if the management team is yelling and screaming at u. but other than that the employees are great people to work with. and when its slow things are laid back but u still gotta complete all of your prep work.
Pros
in the mornings everybody takes a break at the same time, and the employees make one big meal for everyone to eat together.
Cons
the lunch break is only 30 mins long, and they say you will get benifits, but i never recieved any
It's alright. teammates make it fun, most managers are cool. Some guests can be nasty.
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJanuary 20, 2014
Co-workers: awesome
Management: it's alright, could be better
I learned how they go on and on about team play when all they focus on is really just helping the servers out. I understand they do come first, but they're very reluctant to help out others. No one really helps other departments out ever. hardest and easiest part of the job, goes to the guests. they can be cool, but other times can be real a-holes. new management sucks.
Pros
extra food leads to free food. really cool co workers. time flies. management (old)
Cons
no break, management (new). jerk guests. everyone's out for themselves.
Overall a great place to work and learn.
Delivery & Catering Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 9, 2015
Review the BEO´s for the day and prepare the set up depending on the type of event. Most of the time it would be just a set up and self serve which would be quiet easy as longest your well orginezed and for full service catering would take more teamwork and preparation. Overall the management and teammates where great to work with and I truly didn´t find anything really hard about the job. I have always enjoyed even at home to making people feel special and just really enjoy their special occasion that part of the job I really love.
filthy and run down worse job ever has killed my passion for food
confidential (Former Employee) –  san joseOctober 13, 2014
So much goes and gone wrong here...
Turnover high. They hire to fire... constant jealousy and behind the back talking. Employees missing I- 9's!!!!? No lie Call ice and make this place dissappear...
Pros
nothing
Cons
hostile work environment, un real long hour shifts, no call no shows, condescending chefs and gm, active gang criminal employees, just another number and never valued, too much gossip, to much brown nosing, worst italian food i have ever eaten, kitchen extremely filthy...
Professional Atmosphere
Server/Bartender/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Dallas,TexasAugust 31, 2014
Every day is something new and exciting. The management is very accommodating and professional when dealing with work and personal matters. The concept of teamwork is executed on a daily basis. The hardest part about my job is the inconsistency of business and cash flow. I really enjoy building relationships with my guests and making them feel special. With the restaurant industry being so competitive, when people chose Maggianos as their destination spot for lunch it makes me feel good as an employee. It is in a way, rewarding.
Busy restaurant season!
Server (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 1, 2015
This place was my first real restaurant job and i loved it the staff was okay, i was expecting them to be a little more helpful as i was a newbie in the business. The management here was horrible though, not as helpful as they make themselves sound like. Overall i made really good money and once i got the hang of things i just stuck around until the end of the season and moved onto something else.
Pros
won lots of prizes
Cons
no breaks
One of my best jobs
General Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMarch 6, 2015
Really enjoyed working for this brand. Gained a greater deal of knowledge from a timing perspective. Was able to impact the P&L statement. Further refined system knowledge and contributed by implementing religiously the systems
Pros
desire to provide management for quality-of-life
Cons
as with any restaurant, worked many long hours and exhausting conflict resolution within staff and discerning clientele
productive good co workers
dishwhasher (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 28, 2012
i was a dishwaher. i learned how to be a fast worker nd listining skills, management was ok. i loved my co workers they helped me out alot. my job was washing dishes,pots by hand and haad to go and put them back in place or to whoever required it. the hardest part was weekends it would be doulble the fast paced we had to be.
work experience
confidential (Former Employee) –  beachwood,ohJune 21, 2015
Too much arguing once work gets busy. People will walk of job easy. Need to stop letting dish worker transfer to prep area so easy. If you need a job will hire you easy but don't use as a career.
Pros
sexy women employees! free lunch! hire easy!
Cons
low pay and very long hours! no reliable dishwashers! high turnover! need temp crew for dish area!
Hells Kitchen
Chef without a title (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 11, 2015
If you like working harder than you are paid to, while others who work with less ambition to do even a mediocre job get paid more or the same, and you have no need for any kind of personal life than this is the place for you.
Pros
few and far in between
Cons
too many
A day At Maggiano's
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GaMay 21, 2015
Its a really fast paced job, but my co-workers and management made it smooth sailing. Everyone was very helpful from the cooks all the way to the General Manager. I learned a lot about time management and team work while I was employed with this awesome company.
Great Place
Service Staff (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 21, 2015
Maggiano's is a great place to work at or to enjoy a meal. If anybody want to have a full Italian dinning experience I will definitely recommend it. It's a classic Italian restaurant with over 50 wine selection. the staffs are most hospitable and care about their guests deeply.
N/A
Housekeeping/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHFebruary 1, 2015
I really enjoy working at Maggianos. The staff are so nice, an the management really care about you. Its a very safe work place. There really no hard part of the day cause my work is very easy to complete.
Its a great place to work
prep cook (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJNovember 15, 2015
its a very good place to work, its very homely. i enjoy working here but im looking to expand my work. they are very dedicated to pleasing the coustomers and their workers and i really njoy that
Positive energetic black tie fine dining venue
Bartender/ Fine Dining (Current Employee) –  orlando, flSeptember 28, 2015
Working for maggianos is a very formal family fine dining restuarant, very fast pace, positive energetic place to work. Must wear black tie long sleeve button up from neck to writsts.
productive and safe working place
dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2015
good place to work at if you have transportation and like to work in restaurants fast past job with good co-workers who care about doing the job right the first time
Love the server and Management group.
bus boy (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 29, 2014
I really like this place, because its basically family orientated place. It fun to enjoy having dinner with your family and friend.
Pros
customers
Cons
nothing
Good Place to hone your management skills
Suos Chef (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale AZAugust 25, 2011
The downside is the employeese determain your advancement not your upper management.The good side is they have a good benefits package and competitve salary.
great place to work
Banquet server (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisJuly 16, 2015
Fun and exciting atmosphere. Great team members, and management was very knowledgeable. Learned a lot about wines and beer, and how to sell more effectively.
lazy management
Food Server (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 3, 2012
Management from the Area Director down is inconsistent and lazy. Unwilling to do themselves what they expect the employees to do. High turnover restaurant.
Pros
decent money
Cons
poor management