Magic Memories Employee Reviews

Lack of communication
Customer Service Associate/Public Relations (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 22, 2017
Communication and observance is crucial for great production. Lots of finger pointing without researching first. Other than the free food and meeting inreresting people from all over the globe, this place could be better to work for. People should become managers because of hard work, not because of favoritism.
Not a good place to work
Asst. Manager/Lead Photographer/Special Events (Current Employee) –  Williams, AZMarch 17, 2017
Magic Memories took over SharpShooter Imaging I. Worst micromanaging than SharpShooters. No full-time work available. Printing equipment is terrible.
Pros
Good part-time work for Teens and students
Cons
Terrible healthcare, bad printers, management is not good and has no communication with line level employees.
Apply at your own risk!
Staff (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 10, 2017
This company has high turnover for a reason. Very micromanaged! The culture here is terrible. They treat their staff poorly. Benefits are high cost and you are lucky if they actually enroll you with the insurance carrier. HR is super distant and good luck getting help from them. Winter time I've seen supervisor hiding tissue boxes from staff so only they could blow their nose and the supervisor wasn't the one who brought in the tissues, one of the staff did! Way to demonstrate teamwork!

Good luck getting decent training. You will be thrown to the wolves with little training and will be pressured to perform. Products sold are a rip-off. The place is a joke, apply at your own risk. No one enjoys working here. Some of the positive reviews are not genuine. Expect your paycheck to be wrong. For some reason with all the personnel and systems in place it's never right.

Apply at your own risk
Pros
Paycheck, hopefully it is correct
Cons
Culture, not as fun as they make it seem.
Fun place to work
Sales Photo (Current Employee) –  CNN AtlantaMarch 7, 2017
I started with Magic Memories in 2016 and I've grown in my photography skills since working here and have met some great people. I would recommend it for anyone just starting out in photography that would like to learn while you earn.
Pros
Grow your photography skills and connect with business-minded individuals
Cons
Breaks aren't long enough
Honest Review
Manager (Current Employee) –  South Florida, FLMarch 4, 2017
First of all, please do not believe the majority of reviews on here. During the second half of 2016, we were pressured into coming on here to write fake reviews. I'm sure a few are genuine, but many are not.

Magic Memories was a good company a few years ago. Since then it has rapidly fallen to pieces.

Every department is extremely unorganized and cannot seem to develop a solid plan to sort things out.

Many of the department heads are extremely sexist/openly talk about their dislike for Americans (yet they have no problem operating here...)

Don't waste your time on this company. Please go to a company that has a future and will value and appreciate your work.

On the plus side, I have met some great people along the way. However, most of them have been driven away by this terrible enviornment.
Pros
Great front line employees, pay is ok
Cons
Sexist enivornment, hateful executives
Family and Attractions Photography
Lead Photographer (Former Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COFebruary 18, 2017
I have met and made many friends working with SharpShooter, now part of the Magic Memories family, work at top destinations. The experience I have gained is invaluable.
Fun, fast paced, friendly and eventful work environment
Sales Photographer (Current Employee) –  Bryson City, NCJanuary 11, 2017
Lots of walking, High energy, working in tight spaces. close knit group of workers. Learned a lot about person to person interaction, sales, confidence in speaking with others. Hardest part was time constraints, best part was being around happy people and getting paid to take pictures of them.
Loved this job, really fun work environment
Photographer/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PADecember 20, 2016
I loved this job but it was too much of a drive for me, i've met some really great people.
The management started out being really laid back but then they started to get really strict on certain rules and such.
Training and communication was sometimes a struggle.
The most enjoyable part of my job was taking photos and getting to know the guest. Also just making their days happier.
Pros
free food on thanksgiving, good hours, friendly work environment
Cons
long lines for food, machines shutting down, management communication
Great place to work only bad thing was management.
Photographer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Luray, VADecember 13, 2016
Great pay, amazing hours and nice employees! Manager was very rude and unfair everything an employee could not do she would do. Ex. Employees can't be more than 2 minutes late and the manager some days wouldn't even come in for her shift, constantly taking personal days when the employees could rarely call out without a consequence.
Cons
Short breaks and management
Magic Memories
Photographer, Marketing, Sales (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CADecember 7, 2016
Honestly, I loved the company at first, Until, i didnt get paid for 3 months, my hours randomly got cut when i was promised full time.
Fun but can become stale and complacent at times.
Sales Photographer/Team Trainer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 30, 2016
This job helped me gain excellence customer service skills that I can take with me into more career paths. It allowed to meet different people from around the world and see how they interact with each other and the people around them.
Pros
Hours are always available to pick up
Cons
Since the job is based around tourism, usually weekends and holidays are a must.
Productive workplace at times fun but also not as professional as I thought it would be.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 20, 2016
I enjoyed working with magic memories for the little time I did. I did notice that there was many family and friends already working once I was hired on and it seemed as there were people more favored than others and it wasn't fair in that sense
Pros
Got to eat at the buffet occasionally for free, worked with people I knew
Cons
It wasn't very close to my house.
Great work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 16, 2016
Magic memories is a great place to work, good management and they work well with your schedule. There are slow seasons but Overall this is a good company to work for.
Great Place to work
Photographer (Current Employee) –  ArizonaOctober 13, 2016
Everyone is super friendly and will train you regardless of your experience. Very fast paced environment and rotating between tasks keeps it interesting.
SharpShooter
Sales Photographer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2016
Good Company just not a lot of room to grow the hours are nice but sometimes get cut early due to staff budget. Overall Fun job I can say that!!
Pros
Free Photos
Cons
Pay, Pay, Pay
Fun place and meet lots of tourist
Photographer for Bayside (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 12, 2016
Very hot, but entertaining working with Captains and Mates. Fun meeting new people and trying to learn different languages. Love my coworkers, make the job exciting to be. Hardest part of working there is the sun, since I work outside even staying hydrated and eating there were many times where I almost passed out. The most enjoyable part is making our customers happy with their photos and being with my coworkers
something new
Full Time retail sales and photograph assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 24, 2016
i loved my experience working with magic memories. i caught myself smiling making other people smile. that job taught me making money for your wants and needs does not have to be hard at all , it can also be fun and filled with joy.
Energetic and Fun workplace fit for anyone!
Lead Photographer (Current Employee) –  Branson, MOAugust 23, 2016
I loved working here and I hope to continue to work here whenever I can. I learned more about customer service and more about photography. Also, I met great people who I still keep in touch with. The overall atmosphere there is amazing and everyone is always having a good time.
Pros
Great atmosphere, fun activities
Cons
Outside, Undependable Weather
Worked by myself
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 21, 2016
Generally only worked by myself doing deliveries but occasionally worked with other people doing manual labor. Co-worker relations depended on the company you were working with.
Fun coworkwers
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 9, 2016
Fun coworkwers, but no culture, upper management doesn't care about employees or location, if something goes wrong, they fire you, no job security, bad pay, and horrible relations with partner company. Stay away. Seems like magic memories in other countries are fun, but stay away if you're in the US.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management, HQ, and upper management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Magic Memories. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5