MAGNA EXTERIORS Employee Reviews

Good work environment
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Macalla AlabamaAugust 30, 2017
Great place to work , family like atmosphere as well , great manager very friendly but fair , love the automotive work we do there over the years I've taken pride in my work making sure our customers are always taken care of to do my best in making sure parts are correct and on time when possible
Pros
Always love to come to work due to great management
Cons
Not enough staff at times
Not a bad place to work
Operator (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 17, 2017
nice staff you get use to the work fast the only downside is being a temp and not knowing when they will hire you in if they are downsizing they make temps wait longer.
Poor People Leadership, Great Technology
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 10, 2017
First, let me state that there are several great aspects of Magna and other Magna entities. Magna's overall innovation capability within the transportation industry is impressive, and they have the capabilities to deliver on projects that others cannot. There are also pockets of great people who are engaged and committed to the future.

Magna might suffer from the lack of an organized, effective people management process to onboard, train, and mentor new employees. Leaving a previous company with a high level of employee support, engagement, and development, the Magna office culture appeared to be very odd, as most people would avoid eye contact and any level of conversation with an unknown colleague. Additionally, I found borderline passive-aggressive relationships between management and employees. Frequently, emails would come out indicating so-and-so left to pursue other opportunities (effective immediately), eluding to higher than average turnover. People leadership capabilities and development structure appeared to be lacking.

I would recommend interviewing with Magna, as they offer some compelling opportunities. I would also coach that one should spend a lot of time in the interview process to clarify expectations, planned support, and training/mentoring commitments - this is a very team specific initiative at Magna given the lack of an overall process.
Pros
Significant Industry Capabilities
Cons
Corporate Culture and Empowerment
Productive and clean work space
Factory Worker (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIJuly 21, 2017
Overall a very professional place to work. Friendly staff. Great benefits. The pay is alright. Would recommend anyone who needs a job and has trouble finding one should apply.
Tough work place to work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Piedmont, SCJune 27, 2017
Plant lacks strong engineering support and the quality department is very week. The plant is doing a better job of addressing personnel issues. A lot of long time employees, who resist change.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
No work life balance
Good training to move on.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairforest, SCMarch 21, 2017
Doesn't let u know in advance that u have to work the weekend. Good for young people to get experience in production field. Not a job I won't f to do for a long period of time. Supervisor only listen to people the like.
Pros
Good healthcare
Cons
Short breaks
Good place to grow in the Automotive world
TSP/Raymond/cherrypicker online driver (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 6, 2017
I learn how to become a leader thru Magna automotive, working with good supervisors, I became a line leader over three departments I also drove a TSP/Crown on-line supplying hall 50 an 52
I really enjoyed this job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Howell, MIFebruary 25, 2017
I really enjoy factory work I prefer 1shift I like the pay every week the overtime and I like factory work I was working 12 hour shifts 6 days a week we have payed lunch great benefit s when your hired in
Nice coworkers
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIFebruary 11, 2017
I been here for a little over 2 years and I really enjoy this job overall it is the best job I ever had the work isn't hard but some days it can be challenging
Pros
Pay benefits advancements
Cons
If you not careful they will take advantage
working in the hood
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 14, 2017
Office area is extemely messy. Bathrooms in the office extremely dirty. A lot of salary people standing around doing a lot of gossiping. Seems too many salary position with nothing to do. Management caught sleeping at their desk and takes credit for work completed by employees.
Pros
getting a great pay check for gossiping
Cons
management taking credit for your hard work.
The pay is deent
Production/Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Mauldin, SCDecember 20, 2016
Assembling parts for bmw, I drove the stand up forklift to bring parts to the assembly. I would build the BMW BUMPERS and then inspect them.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Bad Management
Best place I've ever worked
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 12, 2016
Do your job and do it right and everyone was like a family there. The management was great and really cared about the workers. I'd recommend anyone to work there if they were still here in Chattanooga.
Pros
Free lunches, long lunches, great benifits, and just family atmosphere
Cons
The pay wasnt as great
productive everyday
Injection Molding Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 22, 2016
decent job i always stayed busy and worked overtime every week. This job had a very nice environment plenty of friendly people to talk to.
Staffmark
Packing and Shipping (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 17, 2016
I was a cutting for the interior fabric in the inside of the car. After I trim the lose fabric from the part , I had to put my left or right side stickers on .
a job is a job.i look at every job as the same there for i can stay focus and execute the task given.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Howell, MISeptember 23, 2016
I look at every job as the same.complete the work give in a manner of following all rules and guidelines to relieve my paycheck. although every job is different I focus on the same thing that gets me through the day.my family and my paycheck to provide for my family
Ok place
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJuly 19, 2016
It was a great place to work loved the jobs I did, just the people was a little rude.
Really hot
And management does not care about anybody but themselves
fun place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Benzonia, MIApril 20, 2016
I enjoyed doing new things and learning different skills. I got to see the finally product in making car parts. The management teams are awesome to work for.
Magna
Operator (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIDecember 17, 2015
Decent workplace with teamwork and solo work required. A change in management caused me to leave and look for new employment.
productive place
IMDS/PPAP (Former Employee) –  Township of China, MINovember 21, 2015
I like to work in Magna, I is stressful sometime, because my job relied on some other people to if they don't provide me with info I need I cant finish my job on the time
review
Material Handler/Quality (Former Employee) –  Saint Clair, MIOctober 15, 2015
worked well with team members over the years and was able to keep steady employment for 12 years with this company, great management