Magna International Employee Reviews

Physically demanding
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOSeptember 21, 2017
If you like production work. .10 to 12 hrs a day, some weekends. Then this is a job for you.

Hot in the summer. Cold in the winter. Theres ergo mats under your feet.

This isnt a job to dress pretty.
Keep quiet and just do your job
Pros
30 min lunch. 2 15 min breaks.
First job
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 11, 2017
Learned a lot first job, selling materials and equipment to the twin plants in mexico a lot of customer service, travel a lot between Mexico and USA, learned how to sell
great people and good place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, SC 29673August 27, 2017
it may seen that my comments contradict my overall review but Magna really is a great place to work but the current group of managers makes it a horrible place to work. I spent a lot of years there and truly hope it can get back to the place that i remember.
Pros
good pay, great associates
Cons
poor managemnt
decent company
Paint setup material handle clean up crew (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIJuly 30, 2017
Dependable job with benefits meeting new associates due to high turn overs in personel. High turn around with management. Monthly meetings comics and cook outs
Pros
vacations
Cons
alot of stress
Overall Very Solid Favorable Company
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 24, 2017
Magna should review its Policy on Expats Treatment and Service for the Company..

Overall the Company provides a good opportunity for Career Development and Enhancement.
Fast Paced Work culture
Contract - Supplier Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 12, 2017
Anyone who is lazy should go there. will learn to get high speed. The Environment itself make you work quickly and effectively.
The management is also supportive.
Pros
Good to work
Cons
Lot of stress
Tough job but learned a lot
Tool and Die Supervisor- Eagle Bend Mfg (Former Employee) –  Clinton, TNJune 8, 2017
Good people to work with and loved the area that it is in would go back to Tennessee for the mountains and good weather. Many good memories. Tough job but learned a lot
World Class Manufacturing Facility
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIMay 12, 2017
Very challenging product group to process. Worked a lot of weekends working on the quality defects. Upper management could not be trusted. There was a lot of turnover.
Productive Enviroment.
Technology Manager - Engineering (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 3, 2017
An overall good place to work.
The company operates with a lean ethic which is the corporate way of non centralized management with how various departments react with each other.
Cons
Limited Advancement
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIApril 24, 2017
Great place to work people are nice. You will work more than 40 hours as an engineer. Lots of events which help you have fun. Recently they've been doing a lot of re-organization at the location. Hopefully that's done.
Pros
Lots of events and nice people you work with
Cons
Reorganizations make it stressful I believe that's over with hopefully for everyone there.
Pay is pretty good but they will consume your life
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Boyne City, MIApril 18, 2017
Most people were stressed, high anxiety causing health issues. You can make this a long term career but plan on this job being your life. Everything else is second to work at Magna.
Pros
pay well
Cons
Meat grinder culture.
Great environment to work in due to motivating atmosphere
Junior Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONFebruary 20, 2017
I enjoyed working here due to the amount I was able to learn in my short time here thus far. Employees are always willing to answer questions and give feedback. In addition, the work-life balance is very good, with workers receiving mandatory breaks every 4 hours. my time at Magna International, I was given the very positive opportunity to learn about how the automotive industry works in a motivating environment. Management was also very motivating, as they always made sure that I felt welcomed at the workplace.
Pros
Lots to learn, good management
Cons
Long hours of work
Great place to make money
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Piedmont, SCFebruary 17, 2017
Wish we had more days off and more vacation days . The work environment is pretty typical for a car manufacturing job hours are hectic but money is great I make almost 60k a year with OT but I work pretty much 28 days out of every month .
Pros
Money
Cons
No time off
A day at Magna Delta Township Exterior Systems
Process Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 13, 2017
My most resent work associated within automotive assembly at Magna’s Delta Township Exterior Systems, revolved around continuously improving the Camaro Rocker Cell. I helped create a standard method for applying Rock-Guard thermoplastic urethane film (paint protective).

Currently analyzing possible energy efficiency improvements to our facility’s regenerative thermal oxidizer.
Automotive Manufacturing Environment
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNJanuary 12, 2017
Magna Corporation is an Automotive Manufacturing Company located in Spring Hill, TN. Their main customer is General Motors, and they provide seats for them.
Good work family environment
Assembly/Floater (Former Employee) –  Brownstown, MIDecember 19, 2016
It was a good company, just poor management. Felt safe and gree lunches when we met gosls. Just would never hire and loved to keep temps.
Disorganized
Salaried Employee (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, SCOctober 17, 2016
Compensation and benefits are good but, as big is this company is, there is complete disorganization. Unfortunately, the higher level managers are former tool makers and have no clue how business should be conducted.
Benefits
Cons
Management, disorganized, lack of communication
Total Caos
EHS Manager (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, SCAugust 25, 2016
I worked in a management role for a short period of time and noticed right off the bat that the entire organization is completely out of control. They expect 12 - 15 hour days at least 6 days a week. Sr. management has no clue to what is needed and how to properly handle any kind of a situation without screwing it up and causing additional issues. After attempting to get my area back on track and asking for additional help for approx 8 months I finally threw in the towel and left. They claim there a flagship plant but you could have fooled me. No communication, no teamwork, no support and a huge lack of good management from the top down. I recommend staying away from this place at all cost.
Pros
Decent compensation and benefits.
Cons
Absolutely huge management issues
unorganized chaos
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  MissouriAugust 2, 2016
managers would change your schedule 5 min before shift change. They would force you to work 30+ days with no day off, working 10 & 12 hours shifts. The robots are constantly breaking down because they over work them and they don't fix them correctly the first time. Their point system sucks, as they don't care if you are 1 min late or 29 min late, if you are late you get pointed a 1/2 a point. If you are more than 30 min late, even with a call you are pointed a full point. If you call in for the day you are pointed a full point. A no call no show is 2 points. If you are injured on the job you are pointed, even with a doctors note. They basically have no tollarance for excuses even if you are sick, they expect you to be at work. If you get hurt on the job the managers just say "oh, ok, now get back to work". Your points stay with you up to 12 months from the time you get the point. It doesn't matter how hard you work, or what goals you meet, they never acknowledge the good job you have done with your team. The turn over rate is so high, they go through temps and employees because of the long hours, the disrespect shown to employees, and the open ended promises of being hired on after so many hours. They would be a good company if they cared more for their employees and hired quality managers that took pride in their work.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
long hours, no days off, managers treat you unfairly, point system
Excellent
team leader (Current Employee) –  MichiganJuly 23, 2016
10 out of 10 great superb company to work, I wish to prolong with that great environment. People remembered for there attitudes, I admit that I have find extra ordinary people at this job. They respect, care.