Magna Powertrain Employee Reviews

Good place to work, But????
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INOctober 20, 2016
You don't have much of a life. You will be working 6/7 days a week (10-12 hour days). The schedule is constantly changing throughout the day/week. Just don't make any plans.
Pros
Money is good
Cons
No life..
Easy Work and great people who managed my shift
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 17, 2016
It was a good job, great people, and easy to get hired in threw a temp service because they could not keep people. so there was a lot of overtime.....
Experience oriented place
CAE Intern (Former Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 1, 2016
this company is not for the starters its for the experienced candidates. though hard you work you wont be recognized that's the drawback from this company
Pros
Cons
Too much of work and make u work even on weekends with no pay
Stable job with good benefits, but lack of family time.
Part Inspector (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INAugust 17, 2016
A typical day started with getting prepared at your station and getting your ppm gear on. The job was fairly easy to figure out and over time it was easier as you go. I enjoyed working with most of the people, but there are always some people who are not enjoyable to be around. The management seemed solid the first 3 years and it was a very relaxed environment, but recently it has been a little less enjoyable due to management coming and going and the plant growing.
Pros
Benefits, Salary, 401k
Cons
Management, Hours, communication
Enjoyed the people there.
Weldment Operator (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 28, 2016
The job was challenging and you work a lot of hours. I had very few days off through the time i worked there but i did learn a lot of new trades that helped me to improve myself.
Very fun work environment
Electrical/ Mechanical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 13, 2016
Responsible for Calibration and Instrumentation of Vehicle parts (Prop Shafts, Transfer Cases, Thermocouples, mode forks, clutch plates ) Fabricated Electrical Shift Box Harnesses, Breakout Boxes, Speed Sensors. Expanded on the ability to solder, analyze schematics, and analyze PWM signals.Responsible for maintaining calibration on all equipment and inventory check in-check out system.Prepared all Magna vehicles for testing during Upper Peninsula Winter Testing and silver lake testing. Assigned position as technician support during winter and summer off road tests.
Productive, stress atmosphere
CAE Engineer (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 8, 2016
Make people enjoy and make them struggle for work and also look for positive feedbacks.

Advantageous to join this company but many politics.
A respectful business with honesty and integrity at its core.
Lead Operator (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INMay 29, 2016
I have grown more as a person and as an employee here than anywhere else I have worked. I am challenged and pushed to be the best I can be on a daily basis.
great workplace
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INApril 26, 2016
fun workplace, good culture, pro employee, very successful, innovative.
very good co workers, high level of experience, customer oriented
Company seems diversified
LABOR RELATIONS/HEALTH & SAFETY REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYApril 18, 2016
I had good support, My co-workers seemed cooperative and helpful and the company is large enough for advancement. The hardest part of the job was not everyone on the same page and communication could be improved.
Good company, Solid People
Co-Op - Software & HIL Testing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIApril 10, 2016
I loved working at Magna. My fellow employees were easy to work with and the work was interesting. I worked as a Co-Op with my university and while their training was a little slow at first, once I started working with others there I picked things up quickly.
Industry's leading powertrain company
Co-op Engineer (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 5, 2016
it was very educative working at a tier one supplier to the big 3 and other OEMs. However the work for an electrical engineer was not what I expected.
Pros
growing company
Cons
disorganized
Fun work and Innovative Tech
Embedded Software and HIL Testing (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 1, 2016
Very engaging environment to work. Learn lot of HIl testing and test automation using multiple platform. Very kind in gestures
Nice working environment but lacked commitment to stay in the USA
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYFebruary 12, 2016
You were able to manage your day to day work without to much interference from management as long as work got completed.
Ability to let your creative talents thrive in new designs.
Pros
Not overly managed
Cons
Not committed to manufacture in the USA
Funtime at Magna
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJanuary 7, 2016
Magna Powertrain was a great starting oppertunity with nice affordable benefits and decent pay for its employees. The downside to Magna is that they have leadership positions that micromange good employees and make them want to quit. My lead operator was making my work look suspect to my plant supervisors which ultimately led to my termination.
Pros
Holiday parties with many free gifts and perks.
Cons
Job security was less than adequate.
False promises
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 27, 2015
Company started out strong and made people feel great about job security. Company made employees feel like they needed to cut wages to help secure jobs during a falling economy but assured us that jobs will stay for a very long time to come if we gave something up to help them in need. Broke every negotiated promise
Pros
Pay was great/benefits were better
Cons
closed plant and moved out of country
HR Improvement Needed
(Contract), Student Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 17, 2015
I really enjoyed working with the cross-functional teams at Magna Powertrain. The organization has an awesome Vice President of Operations and the President doesn't seem to bad of a guy. I think the HR Teams require drastic improvement. I worked in a position that fell under the umbrella, and I have never worked with such nonchalant, and unprofessional management. Up until my role at Magna Powertrain, I was privilege to work under great leaders.
Pros
Forward motion, great people to work with
Cons
Needs an adjustment in HR strategy and management
Fun, interesting work for awesome pay
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYOctober 14, 2015
This is where I learned and refined most, if not all, of my machining and production experience. This place was awesome and paid EXTREMELY well!

This was a UAW shop and the union really took care of their people!

This was originally New Venture Gear and was bought out by Magna.
Pros
Pay scale and union benefits
Cons
Magna drove this goldmine into the ground just to bust the union up.
great people to work with
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 28, 2015
Magna taught me a lot of machines and many different types of measuring tools that I had not previously used, the management was a great team that always helped when you needed them. I always enjoyed my days working, the hardest part about the job was learning some of the computerized machines and making the proper adjustments.
Pros
excellent pay and benefits
Productive work place
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 13, 2015
a clean and well organized workplace. learned to move in fast past and get things done in a timely manner. co-workers were very friendly and helpful. the hardest part was keeping up at first but with time it comes naturally.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Magna Powertrain. Our community is ready to answer.