Magna Seating Employee Reviews

Hard Work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MIFebruary 19, 2017
Hard work, as you work longer there it does become natural to you. Long hours, great benefits, paid weekly wish i were still there.
good place to work
General Assembly, aro forklift (Former Employee) –  Lordstown, OHFebruary 17, 2017
auto industry has alot of layoffs production manager is very degrading to employees he is the sole reason that i gave management 1 star
Pros
great pay great people
Cons
production manager is very demeaning to anyone who is not his friend.
Productive place to work
Absent Relief Officer (Former Employee) –  Lordstown, OHFebruary 5, 2017
Management sometimes can be overbearing with certain situations. The people who i worked with are the best part of the job.
Find another job.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYFebruary 4, 2017
This is not a good company to work for. They do not give you a 48 hour notice for forced overtime. They tell you the day before, not even 24 hours before that shift. You receive a point against your attendance if you can not work that forced overtime. This place is a joke.
Pretty Good
Global Business Analyst; New Business Development (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIFebruary 1, 2017
Good Company, treats employees well. Competitive Salary and benefits. Brand new building. Very transparent and has good opportunities for advancement depending on the department you work in.
Good Corporation with solid growth
Quality Assurance Manager/Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lordstown, OHJanuary 25, 2017
Good company to work for top automotive supplier to Auto industry.
Local management good be improved.
Benefits and compensation fair.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Weak upper management
Magna seating
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MIJanuary 10, 2017
I would start my work day by washing my hands and getting gloves then getting to my work station I learned many techniques from management how to manage my time while on the assembly line the co workers where a family enviroment focus on the goal
Productive, fast-paced environment.
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNDecember 9, 2016
Fast pace assembly line work. Environment inductive to college age employees and grads. Also good way for them to earn extra holiday cash. Magna is part of UAW ...breaks way too short
Hard work. Fast paced (foam department)
Foam department (Current Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYNovember 8, 2016
One of the most physically demanding jobs I've ever had, and I've worked in other assembly plants.

Hours are long. 630 am 630 pm. If you work day shift, expect to work your days off (friday and sat) until you're no longer the low man or woman on the totem pole.

Turnover is extremely high because of the fast paced nature. Most co-workers are friendly to a certain extent. Others are extremely rude and callous. Probably due to the high turnover rate and seeing so many people leave foam department.

You better have tough skin inside and out to last here. Pay is good, but I'd rather take a pay cut then to have no life working over 60 plus hours. No benefits or membership in the union for 90 days. Also, Ford shut downs are reported for next year 2017 lasting over 6 months. I expect to be gone way before then.
Pros
Better paying factory for the shepherdsville area
Cons
Short training period. Long hours. No benefits until 90 days
I can honestly say I loved my job there
Leader in Materials Dpt (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNSeptember 21, 2016
I found out that I am a lot smarter that I thought I was. My supervisor saw something in me that I didn't and entrusted a very important operation in my hands. I pulled it off wonderfully without a glitch. I loved every minute of it. I even cried when I left.
Pros
The job was challenging but enjoyable at the same time
Cons
They misled me
Intense work place with unfair treatment
Assembler, Production (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYSeptember 16, 2016
12 hour shift with no air inside a extremely hot environment. Unfair treatment of it's employees even though there is a Union. The Union rep is paid by Magna and has its best intrest.
Magna Seating
JIT ASSEMBLY LINE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYAugust 12, 2016
Before Production We Would Have A Team Meeting, Afterwards We Would Go To Our Designated Line Which Had 7 Stations, We Would Go To A Station And Start Working On The Specific Job That Was Done At The Station You Are On, We Rotated Each Of The 7 Jobs Every 30 Minutes To Keep From Any Repetitive Movements. Management Were All Extremely Nice. The Hardest Part Of The Job Was Sometimes Your Hands Would Hurt Pretty Bad From Using Your Hands A lot But Once You Get Used To It Its Pretty Easy.
Good people on the assembly line, always played music for motivation.
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYJuly 8, 2016
Were expected to be on the job prior to designated time, Learned the construction of seats that were placed in Ford vehicles. Supervisors were great at the start because they knew what they were doing and as they left for various reasons the replacements were not trained as well and this made work harder for the employee. Co-workers were an enjoyable part of the job.
Productive, Encouraging, Fun Workplace.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Ridgeville Corners, OHJuly 5, 2016
Working with Magna was a great experience. They helped to prepare me for any kind of circumstance. My co-workers were very encouraging on a day to day basis. Work on a typical day was a joy! Even when things went wrong, everyone was still in high spirits.
Productive place to work
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Shelby Township, MIJune 10, 2016
Worked in the Seating division. Learned many aspects of quality. Was able to use my skills to complete the job needed. Co-workers are very knowledgeable and willing to help new employees.
Cut throat
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIMarch 14, 2016
For a very large company there is no training available nor overview of job responsibilities. You are thrown in the Lions den and it is a pure do or die environment.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no work life balance
Decent factory
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYFebruary 12, 2016
This place is just as good as their local industrial competitors with decent pay and good benefits, but the work environment may need some improvement.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Work environment
hipocritical
associate (Current Employee) –  KYJanuary 8, 2016
Highest turn over rate any where boasts a magna super. I have never worked anywhere where they tried so hard to make u fail. Co-workers are good people. They tell u when you are hired to take tylenol for pain before you start your day cause it's that rough.
Pros
good fellow workers
Cons
somewhat cut throat
Serious Workplace
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MIDecember 4, 2015
Magna is a serious workplace but you learn a lot and have a lot of open opportunities for advancement. Even though your longevity in the company decides on whether you will get certain positions it is a good place to work.
Very Clean And Nice Co Workers
Production Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MINovember 9, 2015
Love The Plant & Workers , Managment wasnt all that good , but if they liked you , then you had job security , its a plant thats based off who you know , not what you know !
Pros
workers, pay
Cons
Managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Magna Seating. Our community is ready to answer.

73%