Magna Seating Employee Reviews

Serious Workplace
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MIDecember 4, 2015
Magna is a serious workplace but you learn a lot and have a lot of open opportunities for advancement. Even though your longevity in the company decides on whether you will get certain positions it is a good place to work.
Very Clean And Nice Co Workers
Production Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MINovember 9, 2015
Love The Plant & Workers , Managment wasnt all that good , but if they liked you , then you had job security , its a plant thats based off who you know , not what you know !
Pros
workers, pay
Cons
Managment
It was a good productive place to work I enjoyed my time there and its very unfortunate my time ended.
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MISeptember 9, 2015
My work day included reporting my designated spot on the line by 6am. We had rotations that we did so every two hours we would go to different places on the line. I learned how to conduct myself in a fast paced work enviroment. That was my first time working in production and I believe I more than held my own while working there. My coworkers were great since my departure I still keep up with most of them. I had a good relationship with my managers if it were up to them I would still be there but it was out of there control. They did the most they could do for me and I am very appreciative for that. The hardest part of the job I guess would be the long grueling hours on the line in the heat. It can get pretty hot in there we did not have air and were there some days for twelve hours. The best part of working there for me would have to be my coworkers. We all built a friendship that will last a lifetime.
Pros
Insurance, Pay, Distance from Home
Cons
Long hours in heat
Excellent working environment and Culture
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 20, 2015
Magna is a great company with great values. The Magna team is very supportive and cares greatly about their employees success.
It's OK
Global Business Analyst; New Business Development (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIJuly 27, 2015
Good company overall, with the exception of the department I work in. Very demanding, no work/life balance. Competitive compensation and bonus structure.
Pros
Competitive Compensation/Bonus
Cons
Work/life balance
Horrible upper management
Pilot builder (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIMay 7, 2015
Upper level management doesn't care about hourly workers, only numbers. Only does things to make the company look good, mot about employees.
Pros
...
Cons
...
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Highland Park, MIMay 1, 2015
Good company a lot of potential. Coworkers and Management are good. Typical factory day. Really not hard part, dealing with different personalities can be challenging but I am a people person and 1 good listener.
great people and easy and safe work place
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  KYApril 20, 2015
its a great place to work great benefits and if you want to move up there were always opportunities for that , the workers and staff are great
Pros
always had activities to win and caterd on holidays
Cons
short breaks
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  shepherdsville kyDecember 27, 2014
Great pay
Hard work
great company/employee conduct
You will get a work out
you get paid every week
there is a union
everyone helps everyone
awesome atmosphere to work in
Pros
the pay definitely matches the work
great work environment
Production Line Associate (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 1, 2014
a typical day was an 10 hour work days
I learned how to work with quality
the hardest part of the job was recovering from injuries with out taking days off from work the co- workers and management worked as a team to get goals accomplished
IT A GOOD PLACE TO WORK
Production Supervisor - Automotive (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MINovember 10, 2014
A typical workday dealing with manning ,safety, quality, inspection shipping, receiving and daily paper work. also learning how to adjusted to certain issues when they occurred. Trying to striving for the highest potential you can get out of yourself and your co-work. The hardest part of the jobs is trying to sit down and do your paper for the day, causes people keep interrupting you. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the people that you work with and the company that you work for cause if you get a chance to work with these individual for along time it become like a second family.
Pros
adancement
Cons
not being able to take your break when everybody take their
Productive and friendly
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MIAugust 6, 2014
This work environment was friendly as well as productive and fun.
Great job
Production team member (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYJuly 10, 2014
Great job-great benefits-great opportunity.
Too far to drive everyday for work
Temporary job via agency limited review
Pros
great pay-benefits-hours-great opportunities;
Cons
temporary assignment via an agency; too far to drive;
good insurance
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Excelsior Springs MoJune 2, 2014
5 s and safety team was fun. Job is very physical demanding ..Either very long day or short day. Most people were good to work with
Pros
great benfits
Cons
no job security
Proto Type Automotive Seats
Prototype seating (Current Employee) –  novi miMay 13, 2014
-Operated the end of the line tester for any malfunctions with the seat and then put the seat into shipping position
-Checking parts into the inventory system and also scanning them out of the system
-Took efforts on seats (how much effort it takes to push buttons to move headrest to push seat from full fold to first lock to full recline)
-Shipping, boxing and labeling seats
-Licensed forklift truck operator
-Generated labels for the parts paper work
-Paper work such has putting the all the proper paper work together that goes with the seats that will be built Kit seats using the paper work that I have put together (picking seat parts putting them on a cart to be built)
Cons
not the career i want to be in
oveall good work experience
Line Assembler/Production worker (Former Employee) –  highland park, miMay 6, 2014
provided excellent training, overall atmosphere professonal & productive
JIT Seat Assembly Plant for Ford Assembly Plant
Assistant Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  Shepherdsville,KYApril 11, 2014
Magna is a fast paced JIT assembly plant established in 2010.
As part of the plant launch team and new to seat assembly was a challenging and extraordinary experience.
Very Productive
Production Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYJanuary 29, 2014
Good place to work. Got along with co-workers, fast pace, advancement.
Mediocre work place, lacking managerial support
Materials Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MIDecember 9, 2013
Starting a half an hour before the shift for preparation and pass down of what will more than likely be a 12hr day. I learned that you are only as good as you were the previous day. Management is not very supportive of an individuals success as it is with the importance of its daily agenda. The necessary tools for day to day success are not provided nor planned for to accommodate the daily activities. Co-workers are constantly frustrated with the condition that the prior shift leaves for them, the situation is noted and never reconciled. The hardest part of the day would be restoring the warehouse, while also continuing with your own daily activities. Generally after lunch when things are all caught up.
Pros
401k, healthcare, wages
Cons
inexperienced managers and leadership
Machine Operator
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Highland, MINovember 25, 2013
great job and a good company to work for. I just wish they were more understanding of my child situation within my 90 days at the time.