MAGNA Employee Reviews in United States

Awful
Ingection Molding (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJuly 8, 2016
This company was bought out and ruined the pay is the only thing that is decent all the workers and production is impossible. There machines can't even function to run a whole shift they stop running and take awhile to be fixed.
Stressful
Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNJuly 6, 2016
This particular plant is unorganized and employees are expected to work long hours until the job burn you out. Pay is good, people are great.
Pros
People
Cons
Materials is a very challenging department.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJune 27, 2016
Great place to work at and the people i worked for had a great imagine to follow. Magna is a wonderful company. Many challenges but a lot of good support. Long hours sometimes required.
Pros
Advancement
Great company but management areas are lacking.
Technical Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Moonville, SCApril 3, 2016
I have learned a lot from Magna from operating, trouble shooting, and quality of press lines, I was trained on the apprenticeship program for tool maker and I am very thankful for that. It is a difficult fast paced job. Very demanding.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
They take employees for granted>
great management
roustabout/cementer (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYApril 1, 2016
very safe and great to work for great training they toke the time to teach on the thing i needed and had great couching skills
Assembly Worker (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GAMarch 21, 2016
Magna is an OK job, it pays well but your limited to doing different things. Once you get good at a specific assignment, you will eventually become stuck there. The hardest part of the job is making it through the shift. Time seems to slowing go by because its repetitive work.
Pros
Being able to drink water and sodas on the line
Cons
Short rushed breaks, lazy team leaders.
Very talented Team Members
Tooling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAMarch 10, 2016
Supervised 9 tool Makers in the repair and Pm of inhouse tooling. Attended engineering meetings for new programs. Trained in 5s, SafeStart and Leadership. The hours could be very long when there were tooling issues to correct. It was very rewarding to see the Team come together when the pressure was on and achieve things that others did not believe could happen.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Work Hoildays with no comp time
Had a television in every break room
welder,Parts Inspector and packer (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, SCMarch 2, 2016
typical day staying focus. Learned teamwork, management was helpful, co-workers was helpful, hardest part was waiting for parts, enjoyed everything about it.
Enjoyable
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIFebruary 27, 2016
My experience was short. I do not have many bad things to say about the company except working 13 hours a day, 7 days a week for 4 months straight was a bit too much.
Sander
Sander (Former Employee) –  Benzonia, MIFebruary 27, 2016
My typical work day was me standing and sanding car arm rests right after they came off of the mold.
what I learned is that it is a very hard on your hands and with standing for long periods of time.
Management was ok
My co-workers were ok, I was just there to do my job so I could save my money for a place to live.
The hardest part of the job was the standing on a concrete floor with no mats.
There was really no enjoyable part of this job, it was a factory job
Decent
Assembler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIFebruary 20, 2016
Great pay. Lack the structure of a good management team. Job security is a mystery. One month you work all the days. The next month your laid off for up to 6 weeks.
Pros
Good pay, great benefits
Cons
job security, management
Dont make plans for the weekend
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INJanuary 17, 2016
favoritism abounds, and you are expected to be available 24/7. No balance between work and home. There are good ppl there but they are leaving because of the atmosphere now.
Pros
nice 401k match
Cons
favoritism, no smoking, cant leave on lunch, work alot of weekends
Magna
It Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 8, 2016
Great place to work and enviroment. I learned a lot working here and it was a great experience. I would recommend it and it was hard to leave
Jr. planner/ Cycle Counter (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJanuary 7, 2016
I would advise anyone to try to get a job there. the hours are not long and the pay is well decent allowing you to have money and family time..
Magna was fun and the people who worked for them was good
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  East China, MIDecember 16, 2015
Look at a broad to see what press you where on. And then you go to the press and do your job. How to mix the press and packing the parts. Management was lax did not do their job. My co-workers where great and friendly. Finding management to fix the press. Just to go to work everyday and to talk to co-workers.
Productivie
Machine Operator/Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 10, 2015
We have a team meeting then we get ready for our workday. I ran doors while the machines made doors for BMW. I also was cross trained in the molding department.
loving but busy enviroment
Line worker (Former Employee) –  Benzonia, MIOctober 1, 2015
I loved being a nursing assistant and taking care of people that can no longer take care of them selves. It was a very rewarding job.
Pros
free meals
Cons
sometimes to busy to take breaks
Terrible work environment with terrible management and team leaders
Assembly Line (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KyAugust 26, 2015
Let me start off by saying. Stay very far away from this company if you know whats best for you.
They will wear you down and not in a good way. I went in to this company hoping for the best but when I started it was the opposite.
The management will be-little you and talk down on you. The team leaders obviously have depressing lives. Majority of them are very miserable and look for the new hires to take it out on.
When you are trained on 1 job you will be taken off of that job to do something completely different and expected to know how to do the previous job after doing it 1 or 2 times.
The turnover rate is extremely high and most wonder why. It is quite apparent to why it is that way.
Don't even think about calling in if you have an emergency or anything for that matter you will be terminated right on the spot.
You have been warned. Don't be roped in by the 14.50 an hour pay it is not worth it at all.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Management, Team leaders, Trainers, Atmosphere
Productive and clean place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Howell, MIJuly 27, 2015
working at popeyes was very sucessful but they managers was very rude. Besides that i learned alot working. I loved working front counter and keeping my customers happy.
Entry Level Job allows for advancement
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Saint Clair, MIJuly 13, 2015
Working at Magna was beneficial as I was able to advance in positions and learn along with improve my leadership skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MAGNA. Our community is ready to answer.