MAGNA Employee Reviews

Management change
Engineering Change Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 19, 2017
The factory is hot, but their is always a lot of work to be done. Turn over is high, which puts the work load on to others. Had a management change and thought it would be better, but got worse. Too much over time for operators.
Productive, good benefits
Welder (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, SCJuly 19, 2017
Overall good job just works too many days. Great supervisor, if there's any problem or will be resolved. Easy job to manage. You don't have to ask to use the restroom your free to go as you please.
Pros
Great food good atmosphere
Cons
Work too many days no days off
Nice company and are friendly
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mauldin, SCJuly 10, 2017
I loaded and unloaded product helped on assembly line when needed or picked orders I inspected orders and put them on machine press did final inspection and loaded it on racks
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Howell, MIJuly 7, 2017
enjoyed my time here, it felt almost as if i was working with family. supervisor care and Listen and explain things to you to insure you doing your job correctly.
Fast paced workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJune 18, 2017
Magna is a great workplace... You have to have great communication and lots of teamwork. Working at a fast but steady past. Your working with glass and other sharp things, so safety is very important in the workplace. It's important to get the quality needed.
Pros
Great benefits
Production and working instructions.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOJune 15, 2017
What I do at magna is building parts for other company's such as GM or FORD product. I'm on a line for over 10 hours a day, making sure all robots are working currently and properly. I go into 3 different door, putting parts on a special station, and loading the door with those parts. If there is a problem with the robots I call maintenance right away. Then after calling maintenance I call my boss or team lead over to address the issue.
Pros
4 breaks
Cons
Working in heat none stop
gernral labor
Armrest Assembler (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIJune 10, 2017
great job to work at the people were great to work with just sad they closed down the plant would love to take my skills to anew level with a new company
Great Place To Work
Quality inspector (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJune 1, 2017
Pay rate is amazing gives you plenty of overtime hours. Have events for there employees. very safe environment and clean. Open door policy someone is always alvalible.
Great Work Environment, Very nice people
Intern (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 1, 2017
Magna has one of the best work environments I have ever been in. All of my co-workers are super nice and very smart. They have only tried to help me with anything I need help with.
Fun place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJune 1, 2017
I loved Magna I hate my car went out on me and I wasn't able to make it to work great place to work and advance. They are also strict on attendance as any company

Want to know more about MAGNA?

Ask a question
7 days a week
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 30, 2017
not a bad place of employment, but being a single mother of 3 didn't work well having to work 7 days a week. If I had the opportunity to work there again I wouldn't because there was no family time.
Pros
set schedule
Cons
7 days a week
Excellent people to work with in job environment.
Production (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 21, 2017
So much is taught at Magna and the people on the floor are the best. The culture is good and the people are very hard working. The most enjoyable part of the job is coming to work in such a good environment every day.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Bad communication
good co workers and to many leadership changes
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 19, 2017
well they discriminate a lot by favoritism buddy buddy system work you like a slave to many new leadership that don't know the position work every holiday
Pros
get vactaion and benefits off the back
Cons
bad leadership
Good plave
Assembly/Welder (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 16, 2017
Good place to work good pay and benefits. I'm sure good and nurse good start out pay but no life 7 days a week. Have to live your life there. Which is no fun
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 15, 2017
Great company. Recommend others apply for open positions. Each group or division may differ in terms of culture. Management really makes a concerted effort to supports its employees and the employee charter.
Pros
US HQ office has a great cafeteria
Cons
good benefits
Line Worker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Benzie County, MIMay 15, 2017
It was a decent place to work and I enjoyed the people I worked with. I would probably still work there if they had kept the factory open. Overall I enjoyed my time there.
Job security was a big problem but overall I enjoyed going to work.
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 30, 2017
It was very hard to get hired in and the attendance policy was very unrealistic. Work environment was very nice and accomplished.I enjoyed working for this company.
operator
Production "Floater" (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, SCApril 25, 2017
Setup, adjust, and verify programming for CNC machining equipment
Recognize and report errors in programming and operations and collaborate with supervisory personnel to correct errors and recommend tooling applications.
Diagnose operating difficulties and make appropriate adjustments to realign the machine, change tooling, adjust offsets, recalibrate limits and repair minor tooling malfunctions.
Company Success
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Howell, MIApril 18, 2017
They made sure that you know everything that is needed to know how to do your job and doing it efficiently. Made sure that their employees were taken care of so that productivity can be meet for customers expectations
Miserable
Operator (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 14, 2017
7 days a week, 8 to 10 hour workdays. temps only get paid $10/hour. Won't hire you in unless you go to 2nd or 3rd shift, even if currently on 1st. Micromanagers. so many micromanagers.