MAGNA

MAGNA Employer Reviews

Fast pace...decent work atmosphere
Material Handler (Current Employee), Liberty, MOFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: good money, promote safety, supervision is on top of things.
Cons: short breaks, attendance points are low for the amount of days you work.
Support the production team, keep materials available to prevent lines from shutting down. Communication could improve, but for the most part thry listen and try their best to get you the tools get the job done.
a good company to work for
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), McCalla, ALJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: free work boots
Cons: short lunch.
good management and good co-workers.I learn to appreciate a good opportunity.magna has been the best job i have ever had with management and my co-workers they treat you like family. I typical day at work consist of hard work to make sure that the work is quality work.
Great toplace to work
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee), Howell, MIJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: great health insurance, weekly pay
Cons: long walk to break room and short breaks
Magna is a great place to work for and management is constantly promoting that there are advancement opportunitys. This is a very busy plant most departments work over 40 hours a week. The company is very good with listening to the workers and helpful when it comes to trying to make the company a better place to work. The hardest part of the job for me is the distance I am about 40 miles away which I will say I make up for in hours, however the drive does get tiresome.
Supervisors make sure they help you anyway they can.
Inspector/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Piedmont, SCDecember 6, 2014
I loved working for Magna. They always stayed on top of things. HTI team leader is a handful.
Fair place to work
Machine Operator/Inspector (Current Employee), Township of China, MINovember 30, 2014
Pros: available overtime
Cons: sometimes the overtime is on short notice and mandatory
While at work, I inspect plastic parts for defects as they come out of the machine. I enjoy interacting with the other employees during breaks.

Sometimes management is required to increase production which can cause stress on the employees but they are still respectful and consider input.
bad management
Operator, Material Handler (Former Employee), Saint Clair, MIOctober 29, 2014
bad management no one cared about what u was doin there and they didn't care bout there workers.and i left there couse I did live in St.Clair and moved to Port Huron
I miss this place :-(
Benefits Representative (Former Employee), East Syracuse, NYOctober 24, 2014
Pros: conpensation and benefits
Cons: none really
Best place to work in CNY...Too bad it moved to Mexico
It was your family away from home. I spent long hours here but it was all worth it.
everyone are pretty much hard workers
Team member (Former Employee), scSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: sometimes the job could be so laid back
Cons: too many people wanting to be in charge
-12 hr shifts/6 days a week
-I learned that working 3rd shift is hard on your social life
-management kept the place clean, but treat the temp workers bad
-I loved most of my co-workers
-the hardest part of my job was working in a place with no air/heat
-the most enjoyable part of my job was my paychecks
I would not send my worse enemy there
Machine operator (Former Employee), NewyagoSeptember 12, 2014
I I was hired to work 7-7 sat sun. every day I was put on a new machine with no training. They want you to run at least 3 machines at a time. they are not all in a row or close. I worked a machine for 9 hours did not ask questions or talk to anyone. My machine went down and I asked what do I do, they said call ts. I asked where the phone was and how and what to dial and they just looked at me like I was dumb. once I got a ts to the machine she got upset and said what. Like why are you bothering me. I was told on my second weekend they wanted me running 3 machines that I have never run before. 1 of my machine was putting out bad parts and it took forever to sand them. All my parts was good until 3 when 2nd shift management told me to quit sanding so much and pass the parts with in 2 hours my parts starting comming back. No one would fix the machine and they wanted me to keep putting my name on the parts and pass them. It was my job on the line not theres. No training second shift management is horrible and they run you worse than a dog for 8.75 and hour.
It was okay
Assembler (Current Employee), Howell, MISeptember 9, 2014
Too hot and treated their workers badly but it was okay. It was hot and didn't provide me with a fan like they should have. Management was rude to everyone and constantly was unhappy. They expected your life to revolve around them and you to drop everything to work there. They would give us 12 hour shifts 6 days a week and expect us to be okay with it.
Opportunities
Decostar, Process Engineer (Current Employee), Carrollton, GAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: opportunities, healthcare, pay, etc.
Cons: sometimes very stressful.
Very busy with plenty of opportunities! Working within the Automotive Industry is often very stressful... Magna is a great, strong company. The benefits are also very good.
hot place, pays ok, and supervisor is a really nice person
Assembler (Current Employee), Holland, MIJuly 24, 2014
Pros: 3 breaks
Cons: still not hiring people than just as temps
is a nice place to work a little hot for me it pays 10 dollars and hour but I really want a stable job were I can get hire
Bad division. Hostile work environment
Engineer (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCJuly 24, 2014
Pros: health care, 401k
Cons: to many to list. don't do it
Poor management, 24/7, worked 20 hour days, used threatening behavior
Productive and hard work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYJuly 14, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: short breaks
While I worked here I was temporary and it was nice while it lasted. This place was such an good place to work at.
It is okay
Laborer (Current Employee), Benzonia, MIJuly 2, 2014
Cons: no paid lunches
The only thing i can say about Magna is the ridiculous hours they are working everybody. and not being able to celebrate our Independence Day.
Great Job
Contract Expired (Former Employee), Piedmont, SCJune 30, 2014
Pros: good pay, field of work, positions i works
Cons: n/a
good pay, management, hours, and benefits overall the job was ok
Best first job.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), China, MIJune 22, 2014
Magna was my first job, which I enjoyed a ton. It taught me a lot about dedication and learning to work with others.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYJune 20, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: too many work days
Most work weeks are 7 days a week due to low manpower and too much work to be done in one week.
Pretty laid back job, if you can handle the hours
Assembler/Diagnostic Technician (Former Employee), Excelsior Springs, MOJune 10, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: long hours
Long nights of working the assembly line but still had the ability to talk and have a great time with coworkers
very hard place to work
Die Setter (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCJune 4, 2014
Cons: short breaks
this place is very hard to work for. our hours is earthier a 12 or 16 hour shift. not at home a lot to spend time with the family. take molds off pre heat, put molds on die sled, put molds into press, bolt molds to top of press, take out die sled, set the mold on the ground, unbold straps that's holding the molds together, left up press, bolt molds to the floor, put in stumps so that the imc ( paint ) can left up to shoot the imc in, the stumps range in weight from 20lbs to 200lbs, hook up the steem and the hydraulics. then got to the next press. witch we had to do 8 to 10 mold changes a shift. all coworkers know what we were all supposed to do and were all coordinated with each other.

1 2 3 4

About MAGNA

Magna International Inc. (TSX: MG), is an automotive supplier headquartered in Aurora, Ontario, Canada. It is Canada's largest – Read more