MagnaCare

MagnaCare Employer Reviews

Overall Terrible Experience
Executive Assistant General Counsel (Former Employee), Westbury, NYNovember 16, 2014
Management was not involved with the staff at all. Management typically "threw the staff under the bus" to save their own jobs. Terrible workplace, no management support.
Very busy high volume call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Garden City, NYOctober 8, 2014
Pros: hr was reasonable and the pay was great.
Cons: not much room for advancement of flexibility
I spent 7 hours on the phone assisting members clients and providers with medical claims and provider information. There were 2 15 min breaks and an hour lunch.
I learned billing, coding medical management and how health care is really a need for everyone. My mangers were great as well as my co-workers, it was a family atmosphere. The hardest part of – more... the job was getting providers to understand how billing works. i enjoyed helping the customers resolve issues and understand procedure. – less
Hard working Family Environment
Intake coordinator (Former Employee), WestburySeptember 25, 2014
Pros: family atmosphere
Cons: limited hours and low pay scale
I am a Licensed Practical nurse and took a position as an Intake coordinator there to be able to enter a reputable company even to start at the bottom. The professionalism of the staff and the family atmosphere there broke my heart when I decided had to leave. I only left because the Part time hours and the pay rate didn't meet my budget, so when I – more... was afford several full time position I had to take one.

If I was offered a full time position there with a better rate I sure would not leave. – less
Not a corporation
Medical Claims Analyst - Team Lead (Former Employee), Westbury, NYSeptember 9, 2014
Magnacare was a private company at this time and the feeling within was of a small company where everyone got along
Revolving Door - Disgruntled Employees
intake coordinator (Former Employee), Westbury, NYApril 25, 2014
Pros: free dental care, dress down fridays
Cons: low pay except for nursing staff, no employee moral, temp 90 days go perm is a lie
I worked at this company for almost 9 months. The place is filled with so many unhappy workers. It's a call center environment but calls aren't the problem. The employees are. If you're comfortable working with people who curse constantly through the day, management who don't like approving time off when you need it, answering a series of calls while – more... watching other senior workers lolligag around allowing the call queue to flood or even having to watch your "lead" workers take barely any calls while you bust your butt taking over 60 per day then by all means, apply.

You'll lose lunch many days which is against the law. There were plenty days when we were given 15 minute lunches because the call volume was high (theyll buy pizza to keep you working at your desk).

You'll find out that the place needs a total overhaul as it's filled with dead wood. – less
It was productive
Senior Post Analyst (Former Employee), Melville, NYMarch 11, 2014
Cons: no advancement
My co-workers were okay. It was a decent job.
Responsible for the analysis of diagnostic claims posting process and the efficiency
of diagnostic payments. Receives paper checks and/or Explanation of Benefits from Magnacare clients and TPAs in reimbursement for diagnostic claims and applies payment(s) to the individual patient account(s) in timely and – more... efficient manner. Reconcile all batch payments and any/all differences between check amounts and the expected diagnostic claim/batch payment amount. Receives and processes all denials/rejections generated by Magnacare clients and/or Third Party Administrators in timely and efficient manner. – less
A company with "endless possibilities"
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee), Westbury, NYFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: great staff, good work enviroment
Cons: stability, jugdmental management
It's what you make of it, just things didn't workout for me I suppose... I have nothing else to say
It was a great company to work for. Room for growth is limited.
PPO Poster (Current Employee), Melville, NYSeptember 4, 2013
Working at magnacare was great. I worked from 9-5 and an amazing group of colleagues. I also worked with financial records on a day to day basis and took full advantage of a great opportunity.
fast pace growing company with a family atmosphere
Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Garden City, NYAugust 3, 2013
Pros: great benefits, friendly enviroment, treats for birthdays and hot weather
Cons: commute
a great team to be involved with from the ground up. I have learned a great deal. work is not overwhleming assistant always on hand if needed.
union based. but over all fair and exceptional in time of personal needs.
fun place
Provider Recruiter and Contractor (Current Employee), Tinton Falls, NJJuly 24, 2013
good people..fun place to work..laid back..very flexible and understanding management
overall good company
Customer Service Representatives I (Former Employee), Westbury, NYJuly 1, 2013
Pros: breaks
this company is overall a good company to work for you get benefits and my co-workers are great to work with.
I enjoy helping others so to have someone call with an issue and i can calm and help them means alot.
Disgruntled employees
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee), Westbury, NYJanuary 12, 2013
A typical day at work consists of answering 50-60 calls. It would be an easy-going place if fully staffed. The Utilization Review Dept should have 40 employees, but amazing runs with 20 and multiple call outs daily!
Growing Company
Supervisor - Claims and Customer Service (Former Employee), Garden City, NYDecember 27, 2012
Pros: great group of people
Cons: long hours
I worked for Magnacare over years ago. I cannot comment on what it is like to work there now. When I worked there, they were growing and expanding. There were numerous growing pains and changes in management.
great pllace to work
Credentialing Analyst (Former Employee), Garden City, NYAugust 28, 2012
Pros: fun
Cons: poor benefits
good place to work for entry level employees. However limited growth
Enjoyable work environment
Credentialer, Medical Claims Analyst (Former Employee), Garden City, New YorkJuly 5, 2012
Pros: break room, restaurant of site, parking, mall near office
Cons: no company contribution to 401k plan
A typical day at work would start off with a briefing led by the manager detailing our day's priorities and goals. I learned by working for MagnaCare that I am a team player and can work independently just as well to accomplish the final objective of the department.

My co-workers were a pleasure to work with and I due miss them since my forced lay-off – more... at MagnaCare. The most difficult part of my job was getting there. The rest of the day flowed with ease because I knew what was expected of me and I am fully knowledgeable regarding the fundamentals of credentialing and medical claims processing. I also welcomed a new challenge because it created a sense of purpose and personal recognication. The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction that I felt when the department came together to achieve a goal or requirement needed deadline. – less
Challenging work environment with deadlines which fueled me
Credentialer, Medical Claims Analyst , TPA (Former Employee), Garden City, New YorkJuly 4, 2012
Pros: paid holidays, 401k plan
Cons: antiquated computer system which was very slow and stopped for long periods of time
A typical day at work starting with a briefing with my manager. We discussed the priorities of the day.
I learned to process healthcare claims in both the national sector and credentialed all national and international physicians by the standards of the JIC. I supervised 3 credentialing staff and my time effective manner.
My co-workers were a delight – more... to work with and I do miss them since I was laid-off from the company due to downsizing.
The hardest part of the job was getting there, then it was naturally easy, even though it was challenging.
The most enjoyable part of the job was accomplishing my goals on time and with excellence. I pride my work ethics. – less
Good Company
Insurance Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Garden City, NYMay 13, 2012
Helpful staff members, great company, team players. managed well.