MagnaCare Employee Reviews in United States

So So
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYFebruary 2, 2016
This could be a really good company if they would clean up management!!!

There is a lot of favotism in this organization!!!!!! If you are not someone's favorite or a kiss a&& chances are you will either be stuck in same position you came in or forced to quit!!!! Training is also not that great!!
Pros
Experience
Cons
Mostly everything
Secure Place to work
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYJanuary 12, 2016
Magnacare is a great place to work. Fun and Family Oriented Company, No complaints. Nice Co-workers, Visit company, Lots of days off, good compensation package
Long Island a good place to work
System Adjuster/Credentialing Department (Former Employee) –  Garden City Long IslandSeptember 9, 2015
From Temp to Permeant. I like working with the staff and team. The commute was long at first then I was able to make it out there. I learned many roles at Magna Care that have done well for me now.
Pros
Long Island Garden City
Cons
Working for Magnacare was great!!!!!!
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Garden City,NYAugust 6, 2015
At Magnacare I met the most amazing and brightest people. My manager was amazing she taught me more than I had already knew coming from another medical co. The first day I Started I was treated with respect and felt so comfortable since day 1.
Pros
Had great benefits
Consistent workflow, however, work is monotonous
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYJuly 26, 2015
I enjoy my co workers. Everyone is pleasant and cooperative. The work itself is predictable and boring.

Management is pleasant for the most part. In the past, there were some bumps in the road with some management personnel, but these problems have since been resolved.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with the monotony. The pay scale is also too low, considering the amount of time that I have been working there.
Pros
We get to dress down in the summer months, we are allowed to go home a few hours earlier on holiday weekends.
Cons
Watched too closely all day long.
terrible
claims (Former Employee) –  westburyApril 14, 2015
Wouldn't refer anybody to magna care unhappy unhealthy ppl working miserable I might add manager not professional at all
Pros
pizza
Cons
breaks
okay
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYMarch 29, 2015
They are interesting. very nice friendly culture med mgmt director not so much. otherwise evryone is pretty helpful to the best of their ability
Unprofessional HR Staff
Qualified Applicant (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYMarch 24, 2015
This company claims to be a "great place to work" not so...they discriminate you on looks and age. They don't return phone calls or emails or follow up when they say they will.

Terrible experience interviewing overall.
Exciting
Senior Provider Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 20, 2015
Contracting for the development and maintenance of a PPO Organization Network. Provider support to Providers office when they were have an issue with one of our payors in our network.
Pros
meeting different people
Cons
traveling alot
Productive and fun workplace
Claims Analyst/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYNovember 25, 2014
I dealt with alot of different types of people that would call in about claim issues, This company was structured and trained. I enjoyed my co-workers. There was always a sense of professionalism. There was always room for growth and advancement.
Pros
training, structured company
Overall Terrible Experience
Executive Assistant General Counsel (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYNovember 16, 2014
Management was not involved with the staff at all. Management typically "threw the staff under the bus" to save their own jobs. Terrible workplace, no management support.
Very busy high volume call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYOctober 8, 2014
I spent 7 hours on the phone assisting members clients and providers with medical claims and provider information. There were 2 15 min breaks and an hour lunch.
I learned billing, coding medical management and how health care is really a need for everyone. My mangers were great as well as my co-workers, it was a family atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was getting providers to understand how billing works. i enjoyed helping the customers resolve issues and understand procedure.
Pros
hr was reasonable and the pay was great.
Cons
not much room for advancement of flexibility
Hard working Family Environment
Intake coordinator (Former Employee) –  WestburySeptember 25, 2014
I am a Licensed Practical nurse and took a position as an Intake coordinator there to be able to enter a reputable company even to start at the bottom. The professionalism of the staff and the family atmosphere there broke my heart when I decided had to leave. I only left because the Part time hours and the pay rate didn't meet my budget, so when I was afford several full time position I had to take one.

If I was offered a full time position there with a better rate I sure would not leave.
Pros
family atmosphere
Cons
limited hours and low pay scale
Not a corporation
Medical Claims Analyst - Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYSeptember 9, 2014
Magnacare was a private company at this time and the feeling within was of a small company where everyone got along
Revolving Door - Disgruntled Employees
intake coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYApril 25, 2014
I worked at this company for almost 9 months. The place is filled with so many unhappy workers. It's a call center environment but calls aren't the problem. The employees are. If you're comfortable working with people who curse constantly through the day, management who don't like approving time off when you need it, answering a series of calls while watching other senior workers lolligag around allowing the call queue to flood or even having to watch your "lead" workers take barely any calls while you bust your butt taking over 60 per day then by all means, apply.

You'll lose lunch many days which is against the law. There were plenty days when we were given 15 minute lunches because the call volume was high (theyll buy pizza to keep you working at your desk).

You'll find out that the place needs a total overhaul as it's filled with dead wood.
Pros
free dental care, dress down fridays
Cons
low pay except for nursing staff, no employee moral, temp 90 days go perm is a lie
It was productive
Senior Post Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMarch 11, 2014
My co-workers were okay. It was a decent job.
Responsible for the analysis of diagnostic claims posting process and the efficiency
of diagnostic payments. Receives paper checks and/or Explanation of Benefits from Magnacare clients and TPAs in reimbursement for diagnostic claims and applies payment(s) to the individual patient account(s) in timely and efficient manner. Reconcile all batch payments and any/all differences between check amounts and the expected diagnostic claim/batch payment amount. Receives and processes all denials/rejections generated by Magnacare clients and/or Third Party Administrators in timely and efficient manner.
Cons
no advancement
A company with "endless possibilities"
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYFebruary 18, 2014
It's what you make of it, just things didn't workout for me I suppose... I have nothing else to say
Pros
great staff, good work enviroment
Cons
stability, jugdmental management
It was a great company to work for. Room for growth is limited.
PPO Poster (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYSeptember 4, 2013
Working at magnacare was great. I worked from 9-5 and an amazing group of colleagues. I also worked with financial records on a day to day basis and took full advantage of a great opportunity.
fast pace growing company with a family atmosphere
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYAugust 3, 2013
a great team to be involved with from the ground up. I have learned a great deal. work is not overwhleming assistant always on hand if needed.
union based. but over all fair and exceptional in time of personal needs.
Pros
great benefits, friendly enviroment, treats for birthdays and hot weather
Cons
commute
fun place
Provider Recruiter and Contractor (Current Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJJuly 24, 2013
good people..fun place to work..laid back..very flexible and understanding management