MAGNET

MAGNET Employer Reviews

Good company benefiting many in Northeast OH
Senior Network Administrator (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 19, 2014
MAGNET is a company that provides services for raw materials and manufacturers around Northeaster Ohio. They provide engineering support as well for clients and help to maintain and improve manufacturing commerce in this region.
Good Company
Industrial Designer (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 21, 2013
Good company to work for. Friendly and nice people. A nice learning experience.
Nice showroom shame about the old school management
Sales designer (Former Employee), Stockport, ENGJune 29, 2014
Pros: nice working area
Cons: poor commission rates, systems for systems, poor milage allowence
I was a RSD retail sales designer and worked at a branch that also had the trade sales section within the same building.
The training was OK but I've had better and from what I can remember the induction course was at head office for three or four days.
The rest of your training takes place at your branch and sometimes on a two day course at other showrooms. – more... These were again OK but I felt they needed to stick their head out of the Magnet bubble to see how the competition were doing things and develope some form of differentiation.
At the branch I was working at I saw a change of management three times and the turnover of sales designers was just as bad.
The people I worked with were OK but some members of staff that had been with the company a long time liked to talk about what they were going to do when they left ?

The senior management were clearly from the old school of Magnet that had somehow worked their way into positions that from what I could only assess as paper shufflers and made simple processes harder than they should be.
For example I had just got my head around how to use an in house CRM system that had been developed by Magnet 25 years prior, when they anounced they had spent Millions of pounds on a new system based on SAP's that was supposed to be easy to use.

I do not know if that member of staff who introduced the SAP system to Magnet is still with them, but it was a complete waste of money and I am sure it has cost the group millions in lost sales because it was not user friendly and both trade and retail staff struggled to become a competent user. If you are going to work for Magnet soon I prey that they have resolved that system for you, I really do.

The hardest part of the job was the SAP system and trying to keep your retail customer away from going trade. Another frustration you may have if your branch is both trade and retail. The retail designers earnt commission and the trade department share the profits on the profits. The trade kitchens are the same kitchens as the retail kitchens but with different names ??
I assume that if the old boy network still runs the ship at Magnet then this will still be the case.

The basic was OK but the commission was not, infact I think its the worst commission structure I have experienced. Its not straight forward or simple to work out and when you eventally get it in a wage slip you are going to spend a while working out what you have been paid on and what you have due. Sometimes I didn't even know what the I'd recieved money for?

The most enjoyable part of the job was having a really nice shoroom and your own desk and presentation area with a large 42 inch screen for your prospective customer to gaze at. – less
Easy going with genuine people
Warehouse assistant/Trade sales (Current Employee), LutonJune 23, 2014
A typical day for me is to keep the warehouse in working order
Good working environment.
administrative assistant (Former Employee), tunbridge wellsJanuary 14, 2014
Cons: long commute
I enjoyed the relative calm sales environment. Dealing with the public was undemanding as not busy during the week.
working & enjoy
D.T.P (Current Employee), Hamirpur Himachal PradeshApril 9, 2013
Pros: free lounches
Cons: long hours
1. hard work
2. honestly
3. good
3. best
4. publication work 24 hours working
5. crash course on +2 pass student
was fun work out side long hours
Rigger (Former Employee), Langley, BCApril 2, 2013
Pros: payed when out of town
Cons: never knowing if you had work
A typical day at work would be up at 5 am go to the shop load the truck for the days work we would drive to the job get all are rigging done as fast we can up the tower some at 200 ft with this job i did learn alot about telacom (cell phones) and how thay work are management was not the best thay really didn't do much with us or for us the co-workers – more... where some of the best guys you could work for all ways there for you the hardest part of the job not knowing if you had work and the most enjoyable part of the job working all over B.C – less

About MAGNET

MAGNET, supports, educates and champions manufacturing in Ohio. We are the service provider for the national Manufacturing Extension – Read more