About The Role:
Magnify.net is looking for a talented and creative Back-End Developer to join our technical team. This role will build new product features as well as maintain existing software and provide technical assistance to customers integrating with the Magnify platform. As part of our team you will have the opportunity to work on a high performance, highly available, highly visible SaaS platform and gain critical experience developing and maintaining software deployed in a multi-server, multi-platform environment. The ideal candidate will have experience with the Perl programming language, the LAMP environment as well as exposure to Java and distributed computing technologies such as web services, message queues and data grids.
- Working with the technical team to design, develop and maintain a highly available web-based application platform built using Perl, MySQL and Java in a Linux environment
- Developing, maintaining and monitoring custom-built technical solutions that facilitate customer integration with our platform
- Integrating third-party data sources with the Magnify platform and helping to monitor and maintain those integrations
- Aiding the technical team in fixing bugs and participating in the QA process for new feature deployments
- Communicating with the customer service team regarding bugs, project timelines and deliverables and customer implementation tasks
- The minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field or demonstrated relevant technical experience is required
- Experience working in a LAMP environment is required
- Experience writing Perl in a web application environment is required
- Experience with SQL is required
- Experience working with version control systems such as Subversion or GIT is required
- Experience working in a Linux environment using the command line is required, some experience with Linux system administration is strongly preferred
- Exposure to data caching technologies like memcached or EHCache is preferred
- Exposure to HTTP caching technologies like Varnish or Squid is preferred
- Exposure to Java is preferred
- Exposure to distributed computing technologies, such as web services, message queues and data grids is highly desirable
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services like EC2 and S3 is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability and desire to work in a very fast paced team environment and adhere to both internal and external deadlines
- Confidence and creativity
- A self-starter
- Maturity of judgment and operating talent to achieve credibility and influence with senior management team members, staff members, and peer organizations
- A sense of humor and ability to find joy in engaging with a dynamic team
Magnify.net is a venture-backed startup. Compensation includes a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent package of employee and health benefits and stock options. This is a full-time, on site, exempt position.
Please send a resume and cover letter (including salary range) to jobs (at) magnify.net with your name in the subject line and on each attachment. No phone calls, please. We'll reach out to you to discuss your background and the company. No recruiters or headhunters.
Indeed - 7 months ago
Magnify.net is the leading provider of cloud-based video curation solutions to the online publishing, brands, and ad networks. Magnify's...