Magnolia Bakery Employee Reviews

Great company
Cashier/Counter (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYAugust 13, 2015
Great company that acknowledges your work ethics, they pay attention to their employees and want to see them succeed and be better.
Friendly and welcoming atmosphere
Counter Staff (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 13, 2015
Training was enjoyable and informative.
Co-workers were helpful and sincere. Employees perspective considered. In the heart of the city. Fast paced.
Fun and productive place to work
Manager (Former Employee), Grand CentralJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: free desserts and awesome culture
Cons: opportunity for growth and development was very limited.
A typical day would be hectic due to the high demand of products. The opportunity to grow was available to those who wanted it. Advancement was not impossible if the position was available. Co-workers and management were great. The most fun part: Eating all the cupcakes!
Productive working enviornment
Customer Service (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 3, 2015
This place being my first job it was a nice start to be begin, it showed me responsiblity and grew me into having great time managment skills, it was always fun relaxing and comfortable.
Bakery
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYOctober 1, 2014
A typical day at works consist of making and icing cupcakes, Serving baked goods and hot beverages. I was also a cashier and made deliveries.
fun place with great coworkers
Team member (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 6, 2014
my confidence shot through the room i talk to people all day something i love to do
Some days are fun than others
Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 7, 2014
Busy, busy, busy. You must have people skills to be a manager at this company otherwise it won't be fun for you and the staff.
bakery
cupcake decorater (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 14, 2014
loved working here but business was slow so i was cut. no complaints at all.
Great energy and ambitious people, equals a positive environment.,
Porter/ Prep Cook (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 13, 2014
Pros: great team, free cupcakes, hip area.
Cons: low pay, no benefits
I clean kitchen top to bottom overnight. Washing dishes, sweeping/mopping floor. Load stock off the truck into stockroom and refrigeration. Assist in baking prep and presentation of store. I've learned to train and lead overnight crew. my co-workers are always helpful and the management are hands-on leaders. The hardest part is working overnight every night but I still enjoy it because I don't really have to sleep to stay motivated. Theirs never a dull moment at Magnolia Bakery.
my work day
Personal assistant/ physical therapy aid (Former Employee), New YorkMarch 12, 2014
this job is fun there is lots of room for advancement however the only part I didn't care for is that management was sort of always late when it came to pay raises.
great for people interested in baking
Counter Assistant / Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 2, 2014
Pros: trying new deserts
Cons: hours are not always flexible
counter clerks day is prep all coffee stations. make sure all deserts are stocked up for customers. co-workers are mostly young. inspiring actor/or baker.There really is no hard part, business is always busy. never a dull moment.
Grandmothers kitchen scenery
Pastry Chef / Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: employee discount on deserts
Cons: no union, no benefits, no free lunch, bad managemant
Say good morning to everyone and see who needs me the most and take care of them first. I've learned that people will do just enough to get by. Management was horrible at handling inventory, and employee complaints. The employees where ok, a lot of them where very unwilling to do what was expected of them, causing the work to fall on me. Going to work not knowing if their will be team players that day, or will I be a one man union, it makes it hard to go in with strong execution tactics when there are reoccurring problems on top of unhandled situation from management. The best part about working for Magnolia was I got a chance to enhance my baking skills and at the end of it all, a lot of people really appreciated unconditional help. I was greatly appreciated by the staff.
Excellent Customer Service Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 6, 2013
Pros: beautiful presentation of desserts, wonderful customer service policy
Cons: lack of organization
I have always had a strong interest in the culinary world. I have a BA in Advertising and Public Relations. Communications has always been one of my main passions. Working in a globally famous department store, with high-end clientele helped me to have hands on Customer Service experience. Addressing clients concerns, and learning new strategies how to work with fellow employees helped me to learn a lot. The hardest part of the job was not feeling challenged enough, and not having an organized schedule. Organization is very important. The most enjoyable part of the job was everyone worked together to help complete a task. Group work was very important.
not ideal
Afterschool Teacher/Culinary Instructor (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 27, 2013
Pros: food retail, get to work with customers
Cons: short breaks, unprofessional, low wages
Working for magnolia is a great place if you are a student. The hardest part of working for thus company, is the negative environment. Very hard to move up in the company
Enjoy working with people.
Cashier/CSR (Customer Service Representative) (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 4, 2013
Open department,Counting orders, Preparing orders, Icing orders, Answering and directing call, Placing and deleting Phone orders via Monkey Media or Alhoa, Assisting customers with store products, Cash out customers via register on a POS system. When short staffed, close department. Assist other areas of the bakery such as the drink station, cupcake station or ice cupcakes for house.
an amazing work place to get to know people
Counter staff/Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 13, 2013
it was a great place to work at plus its a tourist area you get to meet people from all over the world, and the company is known for their best cupcakes worldwide.
Too many changes in management
Cashier/Counter-Staff (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: long lunch time
Cons: no health benefits, new management all the time
People are professional until someone starts wondering how long they will have their job for. A typical day would start out with a few people coming in at a time, then a big line after 20 minutes. Credibility does not seem to factor in when there are so many new managers, who come in, and don't know anything about how you really work. I learned to still work to the best of my abilities, so I can get through the day. Hardest part of the job was getting to know the managers, because I didn't know if they were going to be working there for a while or not. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers.
Great product and reputation
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 14, 2012
Running the store and its production. Days as a GM start at about 5:30 to 6:00. The average day is about 10-12 hours to do the job correctly. A lot of turnover in the counter staff positions.