Magnolia Bakery Employee Reviews

Workplace culture
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2017
The culture at Magnolia is pretty opened. We greet the customers with an "Hello welcome" and this makes them happy. The work is hands on so its pretty fun working there. You look forward to going to work sometimes. There will be days you are excited to go to work.
Didnt like how
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2017
Nothing to say I really don't have my have much to say management so rude and so was co workers I did A lot and was treated like carp not a nice team went to hr
Love Magnolia Bakery/ Great experience
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2017
It was a great experience. My co-workers were a great help and I enjoyed working with them. The Magnolia team has a great training system that made working at Magnolia Bakery New York a comfortable experience.
Pros
Want to see you succeed
Cons
More room for customers
Entry level job
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 26, 2017
Replying for orders (both telephone messages and emails from local/international clients) Performing ad hoc assignments for catering orders. Data entry for monthly sales.
Pros
One daily dessert per shift
Cons
Extreme micromanagment and lack of communications
fun place to work
General Manager/Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 25, 2017
It can be fun working here, if you are a young manager you can learn a lot from people and you have a job security. Senior management are approachable and can see value on a person that works hard.
I worked as a cashier frendly place !
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 23, 2017
I really enjoyed this place fun atmosphere! Got laid off cause of lack of hours! This place was originally founded in New York this was the first one made!
Pros
fun enviroment
Cons
business slow no hours, laid off
Fine place to work.
Counter (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 8, 2017
Some days are busy, some days are not. Easy to keep yourself busy restocking items and cleaning and whatnot. It's a very cozy place. Great area minus the parking.
Cons
Parking, there are only 3 parking spots in the back, must rely on residential street parking which is absolutely abysmal.
Mg
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2017
Wish managers would really pay attention to their employees needs and improvements instead of worrying about how a customer didn't like how one person handed off a cupcake or how to properly assess a problem.
Great work place
Counter Sales (Current Employee) –  Central Valley, NYMay 25, 2017
The managers care about the workers and help during any situation. You can tell they care about your well being. They all keep positive energy and if anything is wrong they are there to help
Overall good work experience
Cahsier/counter staff (Former Employee) –  Columbus Square, NYMay 18, 2017
It's was a great starting place, if you're in high school they are very flexible with hours and will work with you if you stay committed, a good worker, and clear
fun place to work most of the time
General Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2017
nice people caring understanding, overall care about there staff, clean safe place to work, work life balance, good medical, biweekly meetings, weekly staff meeting, each month is new product, network with other stores, everyone helps out no one is better then someone else.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
medical
Great Place but....
Cashier / Icer (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAApril 20, 2017
Life at magnolia was well balanced, easy for me to balance my classes with my work schedule, management can use a little help as for when some one is out or calls off unexpectedly because it seems they get shaken too easily. As for coworkers, they were a pain feels like your working in a "every man for themselves" type of environment instead of as a whole part of a team. Some supervisors were very unprofessional as they made inappropriate comments at times.
Cons
NOT allowed to eat indoors.
productive and fun workplace
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2017
magnolia was a fun place to work at. You work with the same people everyday so you have a great work environment. My job was BOH so i had a list of things to do and you get trained on what to do and how to do, someone is always there to help you. Management is very nice and the best part of my job was how flexible and easy it was if i needed a change or planned for one. Everyday was something new and holidays were the best because everything was busier so it was sort of a rush.
Pros
free dessert, Pto
Cons
short breaks
Truth
Cashier/Trainer, Barista & CSR (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2017
It's a good place to learn new things but not a place to make a career out of. Honestly the more you know the more they use you without paying you for it.
Pros
Weekly Pay
Cons
Short breaks, poor health coverage
Fun and very energetic and comfortable
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2017
I loved the environment and the atmosphere. It was a lot of different option in placement at the job. The product was assume. I also enjoy learning something new and different everyday. The co workers was happy and open arms to new people. The placement being in the downtown famous part of new York was wonderful to meet the choices in diversity to the world. The meaning and how the company was started to all the meaning behind the picture to where they have grown to be amazing. I just love this job and what they have to offer the community.
Pros
We had to taste everything we sold, and shift swap was an option
Cons
Working on holidays was an option when it should be mandatory
good
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10003February 1, 2017
One of the longest jobs I have ever held. I had a phenomenal experience. Management really varied on the location wherein one worked. I was fortunate to have really down to earth and humane managers for the most part. Others at times were challenging at times, but for these same reasons they did not last with the company.
Pros
Pliability
Cons
pay
Inconsistent work hours
Bakery Porter (Current Employee) –  Central Valley, NYJanuary 22, 2017
Hours are changed depending on how busy the store is. Inconsistent hours=inconsistent pay checks. The store is fairly new, has only been opened since Early fall of 2016
Pros
Flexibility with scheduling
Cons
No Benefits, (dental vision, medical, etc)
an okay place
Cashier/Baker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 15, 2016
it was a pretty nice place to work, great co workers, though management was not as good. I did learn a lot from them which I am greartful for
Pros
paid break
Cons
no healthcare low pay
very good company
Counter personnel/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 8, 2016
All their locations are busy which is amazing. Pastries are delicious and sells for itself. co workers changed quite often at myn location,some people couldn't handle the fast pace. Most enjoyable part of my day was decorating cupcakes and cakes
up beat work place
Counter Staff (Former Employee) –  1240 avenue of americasNovember 30, 2016
consist of a lot of communication skills, fast thinking , keeps you on your feet, everyone is required to have leadership skills, family work place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Magnolia Bakery. Our community is ready to answer.