Magnolia Manor Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 29, 2016
This place has zero staff morale. The managers are never available. There is little to no training. Also witnessed a lot of favoritism in the workplace, medical records that were manipulated unlawfully, and was lied to on multiple occasions by the administrator. The DON is immature and very inexperienced. This is a terrible place to work. I would never recommend this place for care or employment.
Pros
Cons
the entire experience
Terrible place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 15, 2016
They are always short on staff, the Administratior is a total liar and will lie directly in your face. The Cnas are a lazy group and tend to run good workers out. Its infested with roaches and spiders. You never know who's working so scheduling is always wrong and assignments are never right or done
Pros
Non
Cons
Bad pay, unclean, horrible deapartment heads, evwrything
In my opinion, its a non productive, nor fun workplace for C.N.A.s
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 8, 2016
My personal work opinion, for the most part, little concern for the care and well being of the residents as seen by me, during my time with magnolia manor.
Pros
first shift assign 15 residents, knowing you could not provide quality care for some.
Cons
Due to the number of residents on my assignment, I never had the time to take my full schedule break, or eat lunch, I was trying my level best to provide care to those on my assignment.
fun workplace
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 29, 2016
such kind people to work side by side with so sad that they actually went out of business working next to the managers would actually be the funniest part for me..
Pros
friendly workplace
Cons
Very cool place to work, get to meet a lot of new people.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Social Circle, GAJanuary 27, 2016
The thing i loved most about the job is i work by myself. I also had the best boss i could ask for. The work wasn't the type of work that i wanted to do though.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
low pay
SO Many Wonderful People
Assistant to Activities Director (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJanuary 11, 2016
There is so much to love about magnolia manor. The staff there is really a family and some of the best people you would ever meet!!
The most enjoyable part of the job
CNA (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCNovember 5, 2015
What i enjoyed the most would have to be interacting with the seniors I looked after. Just getting that one on one time with them was great. They would take you all the way back with the words of just one story. Almost making you wish you grew up when they did. I wouldn't trade a single moment I spent with my residents, because I have memories that will now last a life time. I loved keeping a smile on their face, and cracking jokes with them. Not many of them have visitors, or family come by, so I try to spend as much quality time as possible with them to make sure their stay was adequate.
I loved to help the residents.
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCOctober 11, 2015
I loved to see the smiles on the residents faces when I brought them their food. The staff were ok but manangement can be difficult at times.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
health benefits
unorganized
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 24, 2015
the company i work for has no manors. the employees do not work together as a whole. and some of the workers are rude to residents and i do not condole this at all
Pros
the residents when they are happy and well taken care of
Cons
the way the job is set up. do not like it at all.
A great learning experience with some really nice patients
Nursing Aide (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GASeptember 12, 2015
There where a lot of things that happened. great place to work really nice employees great patients. I learned that magnolia manor is a place about business they really live up to their standers. what I enjoyed the most was this one patient that used to make me smile every morning I walked in. Decent pay, great hours, and amazing service. the hardest part of the job was leaving honestly.
Pros
The patients really made me feel like they appreciated my effort
Cons
Short breaks
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, GAJuly 15, 2015
I've learn you have to treat people with great hospitality care and also you have a positive attitude where everywhere you go And understand the values of being a great employee. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing that all my goals are accomplished and that i suits all my customers needs.
Pros
great people to work with excellent environment
Cons
short vacation pay benefits
I liked working as a Housekeeper at Magnolia Manor
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJune 29, 2015
A typical day working at Magnolia Manor was okay for me. All I had to do was clean the patients rooms and hallways. I've learned how to clean under difficult circumstances that is probably to gross for me to mention. However; the job itself was okay. Didn't agree with management but it was my job. Co workers were easy and great to work with. Hardest part of the job was when we had to do our job and the cna's job to. The most enjoyable par of my job was the patients.
Pros
Loved my lunch hour
Cons
Not enough pay
Easily Burnt out
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 8, 2015
Magnolia Manor was always under staffed and made the work experience difficult. The phrase "leave your problems at the door" did not apply. Most employees and management had bad attitudes and were had to work for/with. I loved all of my residents and wished I could do more for them but there just was not enough staff and time to finish.
LPN position review
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 27, 2015
Hardest part of the job was seeing my residents not being taken care of as they should have been by staff members. Scary mistakes were made by nurses as well as CNA's (that I reported). Unsure if they were taken care of, I left before finding out.
Good or Bad Day
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMarch 31, 2015
a day at work can go either way good or bad, you have co workers telling lies on you, but the best part of the job is taking my 30 min break and just watching tv and enjoying my lunch.
Pros
Free Lunches, 30 mins breaks
Cons
Dealing with mean residents
Nursing home is affordable and that is about it
Activities Director (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 10, 2015
They don't treat the residents with respect, however this is an affordable place for your loved ones! I would not recommend this place to you unless you are visting your loved ones everyday.
Pros
fun enviroment
Cons
healthcare
A good organization to work for.
LAUNDRY AIDE (Former Employee) –  Saint Simons Island, Ga.February 7, 2015
Working in the laundry department at magnolia manor, you're constantly on the move because their is so much to get done, From sorting & washing clothes to returning items in a timely manner.While working at magnolia I was given the opportunity to train others in my department. My supervisor was the type who encouraged his employees to train in more than one area of the department there. I for example was able to work as a housekeeper,laundry aide, floor tech. I liked the people that I worked with.The hardest part of the job is standing & lifting heavy bags of laundry. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people that lived at magnolia manor.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
no free lunches, limited overtime pay
enjoyed my job,people,and time spent there
cna (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 31, 2015
a typical day concentration at what my surrounding are,and take charge,do my job,and do it well.there was always,training classes to advance to an extent ,not enough help,so watching your surrounding was a must.making a new friend,talking about the clients,was always a joy,a story for the can remember ,was like a piece of history,and always cheered them up,the loss was hurtful.i always take my jobs serious.the responsibility is that.
Pros
making a friend
Cons
loss of a friend
Love my job
LPN (Former Employee) –  Inman, SCJanuary 26, 2015
I learned a lot from taking care of the residents, I enjoyed seeing them have happy moments. Team work was a big factor. New management was very different. Hardest part of the job was lack of communication.
Awesome Place To work!!
LPN Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCNovember 24, 2014
Loved the faculty and staff. Management had the right balance of making the job work. Loved working with the Residents. You had nurses you could count on. Very caring staff. Family atmosphere.Honestly, the hardest part of the day was having to leave. I learned the best nursing skills here.
Pros
all of it. perfect job for new nurse.
Cons
pay could have been better but job made up for that.