Magnolia Manor

Magnolia Manor United States Employee Reviews

Nursing home is affordable and that is about it
Activities Director (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 10, 2015
Pros: fun enviroment
Cons: healthcare
They don't treat the residents with respect, however this is an affordable place for your loved ones! I would not recommend this place to you unless you are visting your loved ones everyday.
A good organization to work for.
LAUNDRY AIDE (Former Employee), Saint Simons Island, Ga.February 7, 2015
Pros: health insurance
Cons: no free lunches, limited overtime pay
Working in the laundry department at magnolia manor, you're constantly on the move because their is so much to get done, From sorting & washing clothes to returning items in a timely manner.While working at magnolia I was given the opportunity to train others in my department. My supervisor was the type who encouraged his employees to train in more than one area of the department there. I for example was able to work as a housekeeper,laundry aide, floor tech. I liked the people that I worked with.The hardest part of the job is standing & lifting heavy bags of laundry. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people that lived at magnolia manor.
enjoyed my job,people,and time spent there
cna (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: making a friend
Cons: loss of a friend
a typical day concentration at what my surrounding are,and take charge,do my job,and do it well.there was always,training classes to advance to an extent ,not enough help,so watching your surrounding was a must.making a new friend,talking about the clients,was always a joy,a story for the can remember ,was like a piece of history,and always cheered them up,the loss was hurtful.i always take my jobs serious.the responsibility is that.
Love my job
LPN (Former Employee), Inman, SCJanuary 26, 2015
I learned a lot from taking care of the residents, I enjoyed seeing them have happy moments. Team work was a big factor. New management was very different. Hardest part of the job was lack of communication.
Awesome Place To work!!
LPN Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCNovember 24, 2014
Pros: all of it. perfect job for new nurse.
Cons: pay could have been better but job made up for that.
Loved the faculty and staff. Management had the right balance of making the job work. Loved working with the Residents. You had nurses you could count on. Very caring staff. Family atmosphere.Honestly, the hardest part of the day was having to leave. I learned the best nursing skills here.
Horrible place to work
Charge nurse (Former Employee), Columbia, SCNovember 18, 2014
Pros: pays good
If your not in the clique you will be given a hard time.
short staffing all the time
short on supplies all the time
Director Of Nursing is inexperinced and a bully.
Enjoyable Residents
Evening Medication Supervisor (Former Employee), Lutz, FLNovember 12, 2014
Pros: overall good coworkers, company felt like a family, nice clients and good experiences
Cons: pay for lunch, short lunch break, unorganized management.
A typical workday would start with myself handing out assignments for other staff. After that was completed I would begin my medication pass/Rounds. The interaction with the staff as well as the clients was very enjoyable. I learned a lot about how to write up requisitions for ex-rays and other test. The hardest part of my job was accepting the many responsibilites that came along with the position without the proper compensation.
n/a
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee), Columbus, GAOctober 22, 2014
Assist patients with there daily living activities. Enjoyed taking care of the elderly in the nursing home.
A Clean and Happy ALF
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Marys, GASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: learing from the empolyee's and patients
Cons: no cons
I worked the night shift at the time, learning to cope with losing resident's. Getting all my duty's done in a timely fashion making sure all resident's had medication's taken at the time prescribed the only part of the job I wasn't happy about where the hour's I wanted to work days. The most enjoyable part of the job was listening to the patient's talk about there life and family
awful job to much drama
Certified Nursing Assistant / Med. Tech (Former Employee), richmond hill, gaSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches, great residents
Cons: bad managers, to much drama caused by managers
I loved working with the residents, But had no use for management. They didn't attend to residents like they should have. And treated employees badly, the pay was awful, and was very stressful work environment, They have good employees but bad management. They need to hire new managers that treat employees a lot different and help make the residents happy.
magnolia manor
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCSeptember 15, 2014
I love taking care of the residents of magnolia manor. i believe if the facility was correctly and efficiently staffed it would be a better environment to work in. This would also help us to better care for our residents. The pay rate is also on the very low end of any pay scale.
it was productive and a fun work place and we had many of activities for our patients.
certified nursing assistant (Former Employee), Magnolia, ARSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: we had free lunch and great benefits
Cons: working short staffed and losing patients.
A typical day at work was great a lot of times i wasn't ready to go home. This is the place i started out at and received my certified nursing license and getting to know and meeting a lot of people from so many different places.I learned about how many aides it takes to work each shift/hall. and I learned to really keep my patients in good spirits even if I was having a bad day. the hardest part of the job was when we had two or more call ins that mean teaming up with who we had there but we still got the job done. the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know my patients and co workers.and they getting to know me and keeping them happy and maintaining a good living environment for them.
a loving caring cna
cna/ activities asst (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCAugust 29, 2014
provide help to the elderly in a nursing home setting while ensure safety
Unorganized from management down
Assist residents (Current Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 19, 2014
Cons: horrible eperience, would not refer anyone
This is by far the worse company I have worked for. We were over worked and extremely under paid. The moral was low, and the management was completely unprofessional.
Horrible place to work
LPN (Former Employee), americus, gaAugust 11, 2014
Cons: poor management, abuse of powers, racism
Horrible place to work. Placed residents who were isolation precautions in rooms with residents who are not. Did not implement universal precautions. Management was rude , they would lie to protect themselves. There was to much dishonesty.
Family-like staff
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee), Jefferson, TXAugust 11, 2014
The facility is an older building that hasn't had many upgrades over the years. There are no benefits available to the staff. Raises are hard to come by. HOWEVER, the staff there are amazing and they treat everyone like family. Couldn't ask for better people to share 8 hours or more with.
Great workplace.
Volunteer (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCAugust 7, 2014
Great patients. Wonderful staff. Learned so much about the nursing field. Hardest part of the job was not getting attached to the patients. The best part was getting to spend time with the patients and improve their quality of life.
LPN (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSAugust 4, 2014
I loved the atmosphere it was set up for the elderly to fit their needs. I worked swing shift in the beginning but was advanced to day shift which was better for me and my personal life. I had no benefits it was a private company. My job was pretty secure. Management was good they always worked with me and showed kindness when my daughter passed out at school and I was off for a while the management were great people. Magnolia Manor does a great service for those in need of elderly assisted living.
Director of Human Resource / Payroll (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 30, 2014
Pros: flexblity
Cons: ability to excel
8 hour days
Great co workers
Enjoyable residents
Learned how to manage time
Multiple jobs in one.
Laundry tech
laundry tech (Former Employee), Buena Vista, GAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: learning the different people
Cons: every two weeks pay
getting the laundry done for the patients, making sure everyone has clean clothes at a certain time

1 2 3