MAGNOLIA REGIONAL HEALTH CENTER Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to work and advance.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSAugust 19, 2015
There is a lot of advantages to working for this company, for starters they have superb insurance and benefits for working for them. They are very generous with the paid time off for vacations, and medical reasons. The company will pay for you to go back to school to increase your education for advancement.
Pros
Great insurance, Generous paid time off, free employee meal once a month
Cons
no cons for this employer they are a great place to work.
A place to expand my knowledge of the counseling profession and lead psycho-educational, psychotherapy, process, and activity therapy groups
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSJuly 7, 2015
At the Crossroads unit in Magnolia Regional Hospital, i had the opportunity to work with the severely mentally ill as well as work with dual diagnosis patients those recovering from substance abuse. I led many types of groups (psycho-educational, psychotherapy, process, and activity therapy) and did psychosocial assessments. I also refined my progress note writing. I had the blessing of being a part of a treatment team and in consultation with other professionals. I developed my personal model of counseling here. My supervision was extraordinary and my co-workers (social workers) were exceptional. My job was not hard because i loved the inpatient environment and every part of it is what i longed for to truly help those who needed me the most and wanted to integrate their lives into a more prominent and healthy position in their world.
Pros
leading various types of groups
Cons
average length of stay 5-7 days for an inpatient; needed more time to get to know patients
work
Med Surg Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSJune 19, 2015
the people i worked with were good at teamwork. our floor was very under staff which made doing individual care difficult but our nurses and nurse aids and lpn came together and got it done
Emergency Room Nurse
Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSSeptember 17, 2014
I enjoyed working in the Emergency Room and the people there were like family to me
Pros
work atmosphere
A typical day at work
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSJune 25, 2014
A typical day at work as a credentialing specialist was spent on the phone for a major part of the day. This is definitely a job that requires someone to be comfortable making calls regularly and speaking with many different types of people on a daily basis.
Branch Manager of Home Health and Hospice (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSMarch 23, 2014
I enjoyed caring for a variety of people in their own homes. It was rewarding to see the progress patients made once they returned to their home.
Productive and fast pace workplace with awesome benefits.
EVS Tech 1 (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSFebruary 25, 2014
Overall all MRHC is a great hospital to work for. The benefits package was incredible; just not enough pay for what I had to do.
Pros
discounted lunches and benefits package
Decent job if you REALLY need one.
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSJanuary 22, 2014
Overall this place needs a huge overhaul. Management in most departments is beyond questionable. Most (not all) nurses/med clerks & doctors show no signs of caring about the patients' well being. Overheard many times "I wish they'd shut up & give us a break" & many obscene remarks about family members, not to mention patients asking for help or pain relief only to be ignored or told by NURSES that they can just wait or it's not their job (ridiculous). Too much favoritism shown. And not one person follows the rules set for them or the hospital. CEOs need to stop spending money on idiotic things & start cleaning house. Housekeeping (environmental services) do not get even a quarter of the credit & appreciation they deserve and also treated like dogs or low lifes.
Pros
discounted food, met some wonderful people, if you're full time the insurance is great.
Cons
too many to list them all but favoritism, lack of rules, lack of actual management, seriously low pay for the amount of hours & type of work. the whole hospital is a con.
Experience in many areas of the health profession.
Medical-Surgical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSJanuary 17, 2014
A job where you had to be highly flexible, maintain good communication, and be adapt to quick changes. My college nursing teaching was reinforced. And learning to care for patients with understanding and compassion. Management was oriented toward hospital needs, and those of the patients, Co-workers were helpful within the constraints of their responsibilities, and always quick to give advice. The hardest part was not treatment to me, it was helping patients understand there immediate treatment, and the language and terminology used by hospital staff. The most enjoyable part was seeing the positive progression of the patient toward wellness, and recovery.
Pros
one on one time with patients, as allowed by time constraints. additional learning opportunities provided by the facility.
Cons
not being able to obtain full time positions, even though i worked mostly 50 hour weeks.
I loved working here.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSJuly 24, 2013
This was the best job I have ever had. I loved working here. They don't pay top dollar. It's not always about $$$$$.
Certified Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Corinth, MSMay 21, 2013
It's a good place to work, and the people are friendly. They have a slogan called, "One Patient at at Time." We do our best to uphold that motto, and we care about the patients as well as their needs.
steady paced enviroment
ward clerk (Former Employee) –  Alcorn, MSApril 1, 2013
steady paced enviroment, enjoyed the people i worked with at times, management had a hard time of being fair among workers at times.
Pros
working nights and taking care of patients
Cons
favoritisms
nice enviroment to work in
Medical Assistant/ Medical clerk/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSMarch 25, 2013
good place to work, money is not up to par. very political. doctors are very kind and willing to work with you in any way.
Pros
safe enviroment
Cons
politacal
productive, caring
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSMarch 17, 2013
worked here for four years. When I began I was in nursing school, I started as a nurse aide, then progressed to ward clerk. I then progressed to licensed practical nurse. There is always room for advancement there as long as you are willing to take the classes. Days would start with a thorough report on each patient, we then would start with morning meds. doing wound care along the way, and keeping check on everyone, we worked together as a team to give our patient the best care available. Our unit consisted of many types of illness, but mostly we dealt with COPD, and oncology patients.. Respiratory illness ranged from asthma to TB.. and the oncolgy patients were mostly terminal. My favorite part of this job was helping to ease the patients day, and maybe get a smile. hearing someone say I appreciate what you have done for a family member who has expired, when you know that you do it because it gives your heart pleasure to make it as easy as possible. The hardest part was getting attached to patients who have been on your floor longterm and then they expire. breaks your heart sometimes. The only other reason I can think of that I was displeased with this facility was that they could call you off at any time. this don't pay the bills. I learned that there are many nurses out there who have a wonderfully caring heart, and want to work as a team for the greater good.
Pros
teamwork, caring staff
Cons
call off schedule when census low, pull all over hospital
Good people and job satisfaction of helping families in their time of need
Med Clerk (Current Employee) –  Corinth, MSMarch 16, 2013
overall a decent place to work. Not a lot of money but enough to help get by. Hard most of the time very demanding and high paced but rewarding when you see people walk out healthy with their family.
Pros
cheap food with employee discount, fun people to work with
Cons
long hours, low pay
friendly and helpful work enviroment
Registered Nurse - Surgical Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Corinth,MsJanuary 15, 2013
good place to work, good administration, growing facility
Good people to work with but long hours and low pay doesn't mix well on the bad days
Med Clerk (Current Employee) –  Corinth, MSAugust 19, 2012
A typical day at work consists of charting answering paitent requests and giving care to each individiual. I've learned how to be a better listener to give each person a higher quality of health care that they expect. Managment could be more concerned with watching the employees and reward the ones that are performing above standard. I love working in a team enviroment the ones you work with become apart of your family to watch out for and for them to do the same for you. The hardest part of the job is the 12 hour shift. The most enjoyable apart of my job is the people that I work with they make the time and pay worth it.
Pros
discounted food, lots of time off
Cons
low pay, no overtime
Did not work out
Medical Assistant PRN (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, ARJune 25, 2012
Did not enjoy working there.
The staff weren't friendly and did not discuss problems with workers properly.
Pros
pay
Cons
staff
Minus a few of my co workers I enjoyed the overall experience and knowledge I gained working for this company.
Medistat Rural Health Clinic-Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSJune 19, 2012
Working for Magnolia was a major eye opening experience. I learned so much about the health field and would like to continue my career in this field.
Productive, Customer Satisfaction.
Patient Access Clerk (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSMay 22, 2012
I work swing shifts in the ER and Surgery Short Stay. I've learned to work in a fast pace environment as well as being sufficient with my work. My co-workers all have the same interest at heart, we care for our patients. The hardest part is doing swing shifts. I'm happy with my job because I know I am helping people.
Pros
free healthcare
Cons
short lunch

MAGNOLIA REGIONAL HEALTH CENTER Reviews by Location