Magnolia Women’s Recovery Program has an immediate position for a Mental Health clinician.
It's 40 hours per week. Two shifts available:
The work schedule is 9am--5pm and 2pm to 10pm / Monday – Friday
Magnolia Women’s Recovery Program is a rehabilitation program dedicated to assisting pregnant and postpartum women overcome substance abuse addictions, and let go of the shame, blame, self-loathing and other dysfunctional behaviors that often accompany addiction. We have a very supportive and caring team committed to educating our clients, their children, family members, and community on the various illegal drugs that are destroying our community. We want to empower our clients to reclaim control of their lives, and prepare the way for their families.
Our Mental Health clinician must understand Magnolia's mission and goal.
We are seeking a Clinical Social Worker / Marriage Family Therapist to provide continuous, comprehensive mental health services including behavioral health assessments, individual psychotherapy, and group psychotherapy, crisis intervention, outreach, and case management of dually diagnosed adults who are pregnant.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (include but not limited to):
- Intake of new clients, including assessments of presenting problems, obtains psychosocial history, conducts mental status examination and diagnoses using the Diagnostic Statistical Manual (DSM-IV), provides consultation to a multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- Provide assessment feedback and recommendations to clients and collateral providers
- Assist collateral providers with process of linking clients to available behavioral health services
- Provide brief, evidence-based behavioral health interventions
- Work with program staff to assist in the development and implementation of group-based psychotherapy and psycho-educational interventions
- Complete all clinical documentation and data entry duties in a thorough, accurate, and timely fashion
- All other reasonably related jobs as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field from an accredited university and registered with the Board of Behavioral Science as An Associate Clinical Social Worker (ASW) or Intern Marriage Family Therapist (IMFT);
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE:
- Two years working with dual diagnosed adult populations;
- One year experience doing community based case management
- At least one year of prior experience providing mental health services to an adult population
- At least one year of prior experience providing (or co-facilitating) group psychotherapy services to adults
- Fluent proficiency in use of Excel, Word, and Outlook software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide range of people.
- Ability to be highly organized and effectively track a high volume of information
- Bilingual language fluency a plus: Spanish-English
- Demonstrated interest in providing mental health services to adults.
- Knowledge of community resources and system of care in the East Bay for substance abuse and / or pregnant women
+ Competitive pay rate + benefits (depending on experience and qualification).
Please send resume and cover letter to
Magnolia Women’s Recovery Program,
682 Briargate Way, Hayward, CA 94544;
Fax (510) 487-2916, or email: Attn. Human Resource. NO phone calls please.
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required.