Magnolia Employee Reviews

Very productive program to enhance literacy and success of community members and society in general.
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Magnolia, ARFebruary 26, 2016
Part time employee- typical day includes testing students for placement in classes, scheduling, writing grants, management of other employees, seminars, holding board meeting and preparing minutes and agenda, fundraisers- co-workers are great, they are very knowledgeable and have over 20 years experience- hardest part of the job is only getting to work part time- it is a non-profit facility with limited funds-the most enjoyable part of my job is helping the teens make it to their GED preparedness class. I love my job.
Pros
Inner satisfaction
Cons
Part-time without benefits
Inspiring place to work
Staging Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 6, 2016
Magnolia was an incredible place to work. However, I felt as though after two years of work I wasn't moving up in the company as I had hoped. I started with the company in the very beginning and hoped that time would prove that I was able to work in positions with more importance. However, it was just poor timing. I was juggling work and school and it wasn't possible. With that being said everyone there was wonderfully supportive and inspiring. The way the company has built the brand name is incredible and I hope to be involved in such a great experience one day.
Great Staff and wonderful residents
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NCSeptember 26, 2016
Loved the residents and staff. This is an example of "A Building is What you Make it" We made great things happen each day for the residents. Many staff have been there extended periods of time and are very strong and knowledgeable at their positions.
A Software Development and Systems Support Company
Software Developer and Consultant (Current Employee) –  Greenacres, FLMarch 1, 2016
A Software Development and Systems Support Company, promoting continued learning and advancement of new technologies, opportunities to work directly with clients to develop solutions.
Laundry
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJune 15, 2015
You work good and productive for this company the only thing is that the company dont have benefits not all. For the employees
It's Best Buy = Life consuming
Home Theater Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Levittown, NYOctober 28, 2014
Takes up all your time with no benefit for selling XYZ. You get your hourly rate and the management benefits from you selling.
Pros
The people
Cons
It consumes your life
No job advancement
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAMarch 23, 2015
A typical work day for me was to working charges assigned to me. At the end of the day submit charges to insurance carriers. Assist the denial team with denials.
Pros
Don't have to worry about daily productivity
Cons
too much work and not enough coders, management wasn't involved in daily operation, pay not great and no advancement
An exciting quick paced job.
Molding (Current Employee) –  Gering, NEJuly 8, 2014
The typical day of work is clean the door frames and prepare the doors the hand doors. Next prepare the cabinets. Next I help install the cabinets then put together the closets. and then when I have time I do random tasks that need to be done then we clean put and go home. I've learned a lot. because I never knew how to hang the cabinets. The management is great they are easy to get along with but, striked. The co-workers and like teammates in a sport, they are there to help you out. The hardest part of the job is if you make a mistake and you got to fix it, and fixing it takes time so sometimes it's hard to get back on track. the most enjoyable part of my job is installing the door.
Pros
We get 2 breaks with our lunch.
Cons
Our breaks are very short.
A very nice place be working at, complete facilites like facilities for recreation and facilities needed by the residents
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJFebruary 20, 2013
Typical day at work, when youré there first things first is see where floors are you assingned coz magnolia gardens is a three floors assisted living facilities, then checks whose on your care and see whose gonna take their bath on s apecific day and go around and checks the resident. The management is good they are treating all their employees equally and with respect, my co workers are wonderful people. The hardest part of the job for me is when a resident doesnt like to be bathe, oh, you've got a lot of convincing to do, but if really they are not good at it just give them a sponge bath and it will be ok for them, the most enjoyable part of the job is when the residents take parts in activities especially created for them such as singing, some of them can dance some of them play cards and other activities lined for them to do, oh I miss those people, they like my family to me.
Pros
lunch is free, we can even have dinner sometime.
Cons
you cant avoid residents who are hard to handle, who dont want to be changed
Terrible place for employment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 31, 2015
The owner of this company only cares about one thing, HER bottom dollar. I would never recommend this as employment to anyone.
Productive and great people to work with.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCJanuary 10, 2012
Magnolia Lawn Care was good company to work for. Work was always done on time. We had many customers that loved our work and referred us to others. Everyone had their own job which included either mowing grass, weed eating, edging concrete, blowing off debris, or trimming hedges. The company had many big properties that also loved our work. Mangament was great and good to their employees. As long as you did your job you had a job. I enjoyed working with my helpers. Everyone was treated with respect. Magnolia is great buisness.
Pros
paid for drive time.
Cons
weather conditions.
maintenance
Director of Maintenance (Former Employee) –  sarasota,fl.34231August 30, 2012
do checks of facility check all equipment and do work orders that have been writen.
learned about repairs on medical equipment.
fellow workers are great.
management do not know about employee guidence.
trying to finish corp. work list.
the help that all fellow workers give.
Pros
fellow workers
Cons
work over time and must take off overtime hours at end of work week
Paid good
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hillsville, VAJanuary 8, 2014
Worked 12 hour shifts. Learned how to run spinner and bobbin machines. The management was good. Worked with good people. The hardest part of the job was keeping the machines going and getting to take breaks. The most enjoyable is you stayed busy so the time went by good.
Pros
The pay.
Cons
Being able to take a break.
Productive workplace with great employees
Manager (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 28, 2014
A typical day in the management of the facility included forecasting, delivery and washing of resort linen needs / desires. I learned many things including cost per pound, msds forms, linen tracking, etc.
Pros
great environment
Cons
hot in summer, cold in winter
Great company to work for
Custom Home Installer/System Designer (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 9, 2014
• great management
• amazing work culture
• every day is different
• learning environment
interesting place to work and a stable company
LAB TECH/PRINTER/MACHINIST (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, SCJune 25, 2014
I would work most of the day at a steady pace, advanced to different jobs, got alone with most co-workers, and hardest part was making deadlines when we get product late to ship out the customers.
Productive and enjoyable, relaxed work environment
Certified Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAApril 17, 2014
Family friendly
Family owned
Exciting opportunities
Local talent recognized
pay, benefits and hours
SPINNER (Current Employee) –  Hillsville, VAJuly 18, 2012
Safety first. Its very hot and it involves alot of walking. The people are very easy to work with.
Pros
good bebefits
Cons
the machinery may catch on fire.
Good
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Grove Hill, ALJanuary 29, 2013
Loved working here. Come in, done your work, and went home; I waited tables, ran the cash register, prepared appetizer foods, and cleaned my station.
Fun workplace
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLAugust 30, 2013
I assisted in daily operations as well as financial assessment of holiday sales.