Magnum Staffing Employee Reviews in United States

ok place to work
Port laborer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2016
Working with this company was a ok choice there are great people to work with. There are situations that come about over overall I'll rate there company an 7.5 out 10.
Pros
the overtime pay
Cons
the break comes and go
co-workers
Operator Helper (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2016
I love the fact that my co-workers made me feel wanted nd part of the team on my first day. They are so very friendly and kind people, wish everone was like this.
Cons
short lunch breaks
enjoyed people i worked with, learned new things.
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 3, 2015
I enjoyed working at instel steel for magnum staffing. I was able to show my talent. Very supportive management. I was excited to be one to load beams heading to the New York Trade Center to help rebuild.
Pros
was able to work overtime
Cons
pay was low, i feel as if i am worth more than $13 an hour
Friendly Work Staff
QA/QC Inspector (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 12, 2015
Staff has been very helpful in finding job positions for me and other employees. The Job that I have been assigned gave me more knowledge within the OIL and GAS industry.
nice place
temp worker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 23, 2014
i love working for this staffing company but haven't worked for them in 2 weeks.
fun workplace
wharehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 9, 2014
a typical day at work was getting there on time meeting with my co workers talk about the task that need too be done and get too working what i learned was that a good company needs people that can get along get the job done and work hard my co-workers was good to be around kept me motivated the hardest part of the job was scanning batteries and confirming the cereal codes on batteries the most enjoyable part of the job was i got along with everyone
Pros
i liked the job
Cons
good 30 minute lunch break
Great staffing agency
Warehouse Associate/Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasAugust 18, 2014
It's a great staffing agency it gets you great work fast with great pay.
busy, busy, busy.
Customer Service, , Bilingual (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2014
it was a really nice place to work we was really busy but i learn alot.
challenging and rewarding job
Discharge Operator/Sizing Mill Trainee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 18, 2014
the day consist of knowing the order the pipes is coming on the table so they can discharged properly.i learned how to discharge pipes what number to go paint after coming from quench station. how to set sizing mill to make sure the pipe come out with the right dimension.my coworkers taught me everything it was to know about discharging pipe
Pros
great company just wish the economy would of found a partner for that company
Cons
the company went under
warehouse
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort WorthDecember 12, 2013
all aspects of shipping and receiving surrounding the everyday work routine.
Easy job
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 20, 2013
A typical day at work is long and tiring. Working with this company I have learned to be a better shipping and receiving clerk. The management are a little pushy but they know what they are doing. My co-workers didn't speak English so there wasn't much communication. The hardest part of my job was to keep count of everything and you couldn't use notes to guide you. Clocking out on time was the most enjoyable moment.
Pros
nice working environment
Cons
short breaks
fun workplace
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 23, 2013
it was a good experience. I learned a lot from this company and most of all I learned to budget money better.
Pros
staff friendly
perfect
IT Manager / Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2013
i loved the job but it's time for me to move on and better myself. it was a great opportunity.
Pros
employee benefits
Cons
nothing
Good Company that does a great service for the elderly
Order Pulling (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 3, 2013
Typical day for me would be taking elderly to and from there Doctors appointment. I've learned that the elderly need more time and attention then they're given. The management of this company do a great job. my co workers were cool people to learn from and work with. there was no hard part to this job. The most enjoyable part of this job was the look on the face of the elderly person who I helped that day.
Pros
great service i liked to be apart of.
Cons
satisfactory management
Equal opportunity
Warehouse Manager - Production Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2013
Great company that helps you get jobs in your field andgreat job placement.
Pros
gets you jobs
Cons
long waits
A job
packer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 24, 2013
As the job assiments ended, it went months without work. The job didnt offergood. work beifits.
Pros
a job
Cons
no work for months
productive work source
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 18, 2012
I feel it has deffintely been a great experiance, The jobs are alway productive jobs, that match my skills, so i was please.
Pros
alway have work
Cons
sometime too far to travel, me
productive workplace
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2012
A typical day for me at this time is to report to work and mainly just learn operations, drive, and perform other duties as assigned. My co-workers and I are all under the same temporary umbrella for employment. I can't help but think that this assignment may be over, which isn't a great feeling. This assignment is only 3 days a week. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I am very familiar and experienced wth the labor.
Pros
go to lunch
Cons
not enough hours/3 days a week only
have been hired on full-time
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston TexasAugust 13, 2012
I had been looking for a better paying job. I called magnum staffing they interviewed me while i was still working(so i never had to take all those 'sick' days) and did all the ground work finding me a managment position for a larger company.They got me hired on and 6 months later i was hired on full time and love my job plus working with magnum was easy they helped me find the job i was looking for , for the company that fits me best
Pros
can contact them any time, will use them for future placements
Cons
non
staffing service
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2012
The Management really take the time to see what kind of job your looking for. Since this is a staffing agency they are various jobs that you can be appointed to. If you do not like your assignment that you are working at. They woulds tried to find a job to showcase your strenght. Like all staffing service there is a time between assignments they will find a short term assignment for you. The best part of the job is when you can try out many different work envoriments till you can find what you looking for.
Pros
various jobs assignments
Cons
few paid holidays

Magnum Staffing Reviews by Location