Provide environmental support for the company’s Health & Safety department. Assures that Magnus Pacific job site managers comply with applicable federal and state health, safety and environmental laws, regulations and standards.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Supports the Health and Safety team in the development, implementation, monitoring and continuous improvement of projects and programs, ensuring compliance with Federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
- Monitors environmental compliance issues and provides assistance with workplace safety matters. Performs and/or oversees environmental monitoring for project discharges, storm water management and other environmental related permits. Performs routine industrial and hazardous waste management activities such as waste inventories, vendor scheduling and waste haul oversight, and manifest tracking and filing.
- Conducts investigations and root cause analysis and may make resolution recommendations. Implements corrective/preventative actions and continuous improvement activities as directed. Maintains various reporting systems and provides safety analysis as required. Assists in job hazard assessments by participating in processes and procedures and researching industry best practices and regulatory requirements. Participates in safety site audits, inspections and routine surveys including the developing and drafting of audit documentation, tracking corrective actions, and monitoring trends in results of audit activities.
- Maintains Health and Safety files and records. Modifies and implements compliance tracking programs and recordkeeping systems.
- Assists in the development of technical documents including safety procedures, programs, and guidance documents.
- Informs personnel regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing necessary information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with health and safety regulations. Coordinates with others for the purpose of completing projects.
- Participates in safety committee meetings. Attends meetings, workshops, training, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- May respond to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety/security concerns.
- OSHA, MSHA; instrumentation and air sampling experience a plus
- Willing to travel and work in a remote location
- Must be proficient with MS Office software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must
- Self motivated, team player with an exceptional work ethic
- Must be passionate about safety
Must have 5-10 years related experience and /or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bachelors or advanced degree in a safety related discipline and five or more years experience managing safety programs in construction environment preferred.
40-Hour HAZMAT OSHA Training
8-Hour OSHA Refresher
Confined Space Certified
Lock out/Tag out Certified
Fall Protection Certified
Excavation Competent Person
Electrical Competent Person
Ladder & Stairs Competent Person