MAHLE Employee Reviews in United States

Worst company ever!!!!
Set-up Operator (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNMarch 2, 2016
Alright this company relies heavily on temporary workers. The people who are in the management are way to quick to fire people without actually caring. You are promised 15min breaks which is a lie. You are expected to leave everything like family friends a life behind you. You are lured in by big dollar signs on the hour. They dont tell you little details like if someone that has been there longer can take your job and put you in the worst spot that they have. Even though you have everything going for you boom you get your life turned upside down because someone wants your shift. Everyone there is so worried about getting fired for being late a minute or so after breaks. Also just going to the bathroom. The management there is a joke. To many chief's and not enough Indians. These people are just deceitful and only think about that factory.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else they have to offer!!!
very productive job
FORKLIFT OPERATOR, ASSEMBLY WORKER BHER (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 28, 2016
typical day is assembly line , and reaching you productive goals, learn how to keep up and be productive and safe, management was good, co - work great, excellent benefits .
Pros
double time on sundays and time and half
Cons
very short lunch breaks
Great place
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  MichiganJuly 10, 2016
Great place to work I have works for the company for almost 5 years. The pay is great, lots of overtime. Definitely a lot of worst jobs out there. Our plant is superclean I wouldn't mind eating off the floor. I don't know why so many bad reviews on this company. They make you work 70% of overtime offered on Saturdays. Sunday is always optional. It's hard to balance work life and home life. But I understand they are a company that they don't make production and get the parts all that they need you no longer have a job that's why they work so much overtime. If you don't like this company quit bad mouthing it and go work at McDonald's where you get 30 hours no overtime I bet you cry there too. Great company I would recommend it to anybody.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Lots of overtime
Pistons Ring Operator (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJanuary 11, 2016
Mahle Clevite, Inc. was a control environment and the skill I learned was being very oriented. The management was a typical. Management listen and cared. Co-workers only fit in where they thought was necessary to gain control in a certain area. There was no hard part about the job except when the leads wanted production push in a timely manner at the end of the work shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was being rewarded for the production.
Pros
Being rewarded for the production.
Cons
NO Teamwork.
underpaid overworked unhappy employees
Machine Operator/Assembler, Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 12, 2016
If you are an employee at Mahle watch a youtube on LEAN management meetings. that is what mahle is about and that is the reason why it is a horrible place to work. everybody is stretched thin underpaid , and unappreciated. It is chaotic Information and standards are poorly communicated there is a lack of consistency in standards . nobody knows what their job actually is. Its chaotic and disorganized , understaffed , they need more actual set ups and less apprentices, promotions are a popularity contest., lacks ethic, Employees are not happy especially long term employees unless they are incapable of getting a better job.Short breaks
Pros
N/A
Cons
read the review

Comment – April 14, 2016

The review below mine is pretty accurate as well although the money isn't good unless you think 11.50$ to run a cnc machine as a full time employee is fair ever typical production job pays the same they want you to learn sap and cnc etc. but don't pay you for any knowledge you obtain. besides that "The Worst Company ever!!!! " is pretty accurate

Mahle in Charleston is an American sweatshop
production/assembler (Former Employee) –  Charleston South CarolinaSeptember 19, 2015
I worked at this job for six months and was absolutely miserable. 20 min lunches & 10 min breaks 7 days a week. No restroom breaks are allowed in between scheduled breaks. Management were very dishonest and very hard to work for. They do give you vacation, however since you are scheduled to work everyday of the week, they require employees to use their vacation time in order to have a day off on the weekend. Production employees are mostly foreign and seem like they have lifted them straight out of a children's sweatshop in Asia. HR is useless here and have no clue that the word human is in their job title. I was physically threatened by a lead, and management while employed here. If you are considering a job here, don't. Keep looking. This place is the bottom of the pile. Mahle is a German based company who have bought out a company(behr) in a right to work state and have taken full advantage of.
Pros
absolutely nothing.
Cons
Everything, short lunches, no bathroom breaks in between scheduled breaks, management treats people like slaves in a field, constantly provoking employees.
Do not work here.
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNFebruary 3, 2016
They lure you in with good pay. But in reality its a horrible place to work. They expect you to drop ever other part of your life. And show up and be happy that your away from your family. Do not work for them. If you go through HG Staffing double check everything you are told. They will tell you one thing but they know nothing.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Told 15 minute breaks really 10. Horrible bosses.
Assembly Line worker
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Winterset, IAOctober 15, 2015
My job was to work an assembly line, with the specific tasks varying each day.

On my last day at Mahle, the company accidentally had the temperature in my work area over 100 degrees, and I passed out. While falling, I hit my jaw, and received damage to my jaw. And after 3 days of missing work due to rehab, they fired me for missing work.
Pros
Excellent worldwide company
Cons
Poor help when needed after industrial accident.
Productive and hands on job
Set up operator (Current Employee) –  Russellville, TNApril 18, 2016
Operating machines and assuring quality parts are being ran. The team is great, everyone works together. The biggest con of this facility is they work us seven days a week and 12 hour weekends.
Pros
Friendly and helpful employees
Cons
work hours
Good place overall, no complaints
ELECTRICAL MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, OHOctober 3, 2015
I enjoyed this employer but a permanent plant shut down left us all to find a new employer. Good training for jobs and safety. the employees were good to work with and were knowledgeable in their field and areas.
Pros
no forced overtime, good benefits, treated with respect, schooling payed for
Cons
shut down plant.
Former Employee in Charleston
production associate (Former Employee) –  CharlestonAugust 26, 2015
The Mahle in Charleston is one that sucks. You work 20 days or nights before you get your first day off. Management and HR does not care about the people as long as they get their bonuses in the end. Supervisors and Team Leaders are stuck trying to kiss up to the managers and if successful they are the only one to get the credit for good production days. High turnover rate because of working so much.
Pros
YOU DECIDE
Cons
short breaks and long work weeks without days or nights off.
Happy workplace
Accounting Officer (Current Employee) –  TH1September 28, 2015
Everyone here is good and funny which make the good environment for the workplace to not too stress. But the company provides compensation quite low.
Pretty Good Place to Work
Process Quality Engineer Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 31, 2015
Typical day started with logging quality control paperwork and attending to quality issues from the previous night. Then meetings, projects, or dealing with customers quality issues is most of the job.
The people were great to work with. It does take a certain personality to survive there. A thick skin is required. The most enjoyable part was the ability and free will to learn and grow in the workplace.
Great place to work. Knowledgeable and friendly co-workers.
Environmental, Health and Safety Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlantic, IAFebruary 20, 2014
Great place to work, the management is knowledgeable, and able to translate it into the work place. they were willing to teach employees about safety culture such as giving floor workers OSHA 10 hour certification. The work load was extensive at times, but the management team along with the maintenance department were extremely helpful.
Pros
friendly people, good hours, weekends and holidays off.
Cons
hot on the floor in the summer, plant gets slow during a down economy resulting in layoffs.
I enjoy the people i met and work with.
Make Carbon Canister For Honda (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro TnSeptember 23, 2014
I have worked here almost 5 months and was supposed to be eligible for hire after 90 days with a pay raise... They are just now starting to hire and once we get hired on we will still be making the same money we do as a temp and it's hard to live on the money so I'm trying to find a job that pays better and is honest and upfront in the beginning.
Pros
decent lunche breaks, really good benefits, & nice people
Cons
not much pay, never clock out when suppose to.
Good company, great co-workers.
Welder (Current Employee) –  Belmont, MIJune 24, 2015
welded the same oil cooler every day.
management was poor, no control and no discipline actions took for poor welds
Poor quality managment
Great set of guys always made the job enjoyable.
Pros
paid breaks, every 1/4 we got a free lunch
Cons
poor management
Temp to Hire
Factory Worker (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMarch 6, 2013
I have worked here almost a year and was supposed to be eligible for hire after 90 days with a pay raise... They are just now starting to hire and once we get hired on we will still be making the same money we do as a temp and it's hard to live on the money so I'm trying to find a job that pays better and is honest and upfront in the beginning
nice people to work with
Injection Molding Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMay 24, 2014
i was not very happy with their management you could not do enough to please them and they took away so many benefits we had so many people are unhappy with them but i loved the people i worked with and miss them
Injection Mold Operator (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNSeptember 3, 2014
Working in injection mold was a new experience for me. It came with a lot of learning. This was not your typical stand around job I had to be quick on my feet with running to molding machines and two insert Manichean while tracking the product and interning it in to a personal computer at my work station.
the are of injection mold was very important in the company. why? because injection mold made the car part to start out the other rotations in the building. so management was always around.
Pros
company events, self break outs
Production in the workplace
Hand Packer/Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 23, 2012
At this job, I typically pick orders and stage them for the packaging department. I learned each day how to make my job a lot easier when it comes to picking parts. The management at my job is okay but, I think they should listen to the employees on the floor so, we can help make their job a lot easier. I have some of the best co-workers that are very easy going and dependable when it comes to getting a task done at work. The hardest part of the job is when you have people who are lazy and are not willing to pull their own weight. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I wokrk with everyday.
Pros
insurance
Cons
short breaks and pay rate