Maid Brigade Employee Reviews

Required Review
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 27, 2017
This pizza "loaded" with feta cheese, spinach, and kalamata olives earned raves from tasters about the "perfect balance of sauce and toppings" and "great veggie combo."

With a light, crunchy crust and a good blend of spices, this pizza was a close call for second place.

This pizza has fresh, garden flavor from the spinach and basil but lacked enough.
Cleaning
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 27, 2017
I love cleaning its my passion. I meet and greet great people everyday. I also have customers that only request me because they love the work I provide in there homes.
September 15, 2017

We love your attitude! Do you have some friends who feel the same way? We love to hire people like you :)

use of company vehicle and free cofee in the morning.
Head Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 4, 2017
very little pay for the amount of work that is expected of the employees. long hours, very short breaks. employees are responsible for vehicle maintenance, vacuum maintenance,the employer only had one English speaking employee which was myself so communicating with fellow co-workers was a huge challenge. we were given an unrealistic amount of homes and offices to clean in a short period of time and we were paid less if we went past our allotted time.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
short breaks, no benefits, sometimes payroll checks wouldnt clear
August 26, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, however it seems maybe you have mistakenly posted this review on the wrong company page? I say this because Maid Brigade has never had a Head Housekeeper position in Jacksonville. Employees are not required to maintain the company vehicles (except removing personal belongings, drink cups, food wrappers, etc. at the end of the day). We have someone on staff in Jacksonville specifically tasked with maintaining our cars and our vacuums. If our teams tell us they need more time in a home, we increase the cleaning fee and pay the team accordingly. Also, everyone on our staff speaks English except for one person.
- J Archer, Jacksonville FL

Family Friendly Workplace
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2017
This company is family owned and operated. They care about their employees and their customers as well as giving back to the community they live and work in. They do free cleanings for cancer patients undergoing treatment, wounded warriors, habitat for humanity among others. They also do a food and toy drive every year that goes to help local food banks and ministries who support the community.
Pros
They provide breakfast every Friday, they celebrate birthdays/anniversaries, they do fun drawings.
Cons
No healthcare or 401K
August 22, 2017

Thanks for the props. The charitable organizations vary from location to location, but our Houston franchise is a great example of how involved we are in the communities that we serve.

Nice experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 19, 2017
Maid Brigrade taught me organizational skills, cleanliness, and how to communicate both written and verbally to the customers. Maintaining a safe and clean home environment for our customers was vital.
Field Supervisor
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 9, 2017
Start on the weekend and supervise one to two homes that are to the specification of the company policy for cleanliness. work place is always balanced because one is able to confirm with client before appointment. can schedule appointment on your schedule.
Pros
weekend work
Cons
GPS can be tricky
Never a dull moment
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Henrico County, VAJune 20, 2017
We arrive at the office, get the cars ready for the day, and head out at 8 am. Clean homes, offices and businesses, and come back to the office when we are finished. There is no down time because we are always out working. I learned to speak with customers better and learn how to accommodate to others, as well as learned a lot of patience. The management is what brought me back to Maid Brigade. They are down to earth and care for their employees. Safety is number one with them. The goals are the same, to make the customer happy by giving adequate service, as the customer expects. The hardest part of the job for me is to handle the girls i work with,trying to make everyone happy, meaning my team mates as well as the customer. Customers can be picky, which, in turn, makes me a picky team leader as well. The most enjoyable part is a hard one to pin point in just one part. I love making that relationship with the customer, love that their dogs or cats recognize me, love that their children get excited to see us and want to help us, love that i have built a friendly relationship with my customers and we catch up on life when i come by.
Pros
EZ Pass available in the work cars, free breakfast in the morning
Cons
No insurance or benefits
Great experience for a marketing major
Marketing/Grassroots (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 5, 2017
This position helped me to communicate in a professional manor, taught me analytical thinking, as well as being creative, detail oriented and conforming to deadlines.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Not enough working hours
if it had better management it be the best place to work
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 6, 2017
Maid Brigade in Charleston has the worst office staff there is always drama the office manager needs to be fired she is disrespectful, confusion maker, and allows conflict between the ladies all the time. The owner himself lies just to get people to work he has a post saying 10-12 and hour and knows dam well its a percentage you have to work at least 7 days just to get a 300 hundred pay check . he goes up on the customer and the employee don't get nothing but a 20 lunch to split between maybe 2 to 3 workers. he does not know how to talk to hard working woman some go above and beyond and all he does is step on there feelings.. you have employee who verbally abuse other employees who are afraid to step up to them its just a mess and I can say under paid and and all over not a good place to say you can live off. even the tips are token and taxed by the owner when the customer add the tips into the pay.
If I could give negative stars I would
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 5, 2017
Horrible pay. Its all based on percentages and the girls act like high schoolers always talking about each other. Manager is rude and makes some of them cry.
Pros
Cons
everything
First Job out of High School
Maid/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKMarch 30, 2017
This was my first job after I graduated and was going to school part time. A typical day consisted of cleaning 4 or 5 homes and you had a specific amount of time to complete the houses. The pay was terrible, but that's to be expected with a first job out of high school.
irregular hours with no benefits or opportunity for advancement
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 24, 2017
The Maid Brigade in Plano, Texas offers no access to benefits, no opportunity to move up withing the company, and a schedule that can easily change throughout the day. I enjoyed the hard work but employees are expected to be able to take on more work (beyond their original schedule) at the end of the day if necessary. The company has a mandatory "uniform rental" policy, that will automatically take money out of your paycheck every month, even though they only give an employee two or three seemingly low quality shirts.
Pros
fast-paced
Cons
no benefits, no solid hours, no room to advance
Organized and thorough
Team Supervisor & Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNMarch 15, 2017
They trained their employees well and were well organized but did not provide a living wage. Wage was calculated by commission, not hours worked. Leader of this branch was very out-of-touch with is employees
September 5, 2017

Thanks for the feedback. In MN, we now offer employees the choice between hourly and commission pay. Our average wage in 2017 is over $15/hr.

Cleaner/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJanuary 25, 2017
Communication with Management is good, flexible. The owner is friendly and nice. Good work environment if you enjoy cleaning houses. Multi culture business.
Good
Housekeeper, Maid (Former Employee) –  West Saint Paul, MNJanuary 8, 2017
good environment, good hours, no weekends and good services. The pay should be a little bit more. To much hours or houses per day. Really bad to drive during winter time.
September 15, 2017

Thanks for the great feedback. In MN, we’ve been working hard to improve pay and our average wage is now over $15/hr. Our full-time staff typically work 35-40 hours per week.

If you like to be treated rude and work like a dog this is the job for you
Maud (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTDecember 22, 2016
Horrible place to work. They treat employers like a number. No respect, never hear a good word when you do well. Also management walks around like they are better than the Help, like you are beneath them. If the trainer dont like you they will do everything they can to get you fired. A lot of favoritism , they pick and choose who they like from day one. Last but not least a lot of the company cars are not even insured. Horrible place to work.
Pros
Excellent clients
Cons
No growing
Easy to obtain
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 22, 2016
Most of the office staff is slightly rude and incompetent. Most customer extremely nice. Not much more to add. Make quick cash while you're looking for a job.
hard work, but easy to advance if serious about job.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDJuly 30, 2016
this was one of my first jobs and social interactions with the working world.
the pay was very fair, and the work was easy to adapt to the manager was very helpful and supportive of his team.
the clients were very friendly and respectful.
the only down side of cleaning for any company is using your own vehicle for work which i can not do anymore,.
Pros
easy adaptable work
Cons
using your own car
If you like to be treated rudely snd worked like a dog this is the job for you
Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Saint Paul, MNJuly 3, 2016
Horrible place to work. They treat people like a number. No respect, never hear a good word. The other workers are distant until you "prove"yourself. And management as well.They LIE about the pay, and even management can't explian how to figure it out. Long hrs, little pay. Horrible stinky houses.
Pros
Monday -Friday, you drive their cars. Immediate advancement that means nothing. You are still treated rudley.
Cons
Management, and the pay, and long hrs
Freedom to do a great job
Residential/Commercial Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Haymarket, VAMay 11, 2016
I like the continued movement and honest/humble work provided in Cleaning with the purpose of helping others. Many people are too busy or otherwise unable to keep homes,offices,public areas clean and tidy. This is where I come in and help :)
Pros
Indoor/outdoor travel, meeting many different people, scenery
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maid Brigade. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5