MaidPro Employee Reviews

Busy yet laid back, family owned
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  League City, TXJanuary 31, 2017
Mornings are busy, everyone getting their orders for the day. Telephones are a constant, customer service is a must. I use what I have learned from my prior jobs...patience, multitasking, goal oriented, team work. I managed a team of 10-14. The hardest part ;of the job is balancing the customers demands with the requests of my team. The most enjoyable part of the job is being the leader of a great team.
Independence and Self Movitation Required
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJanuary 24, 2017
Typical day includes reporting to main office in the morning to gather supplies and obtain work orders for the day. Rest of day is spent fulfilling the work orders provided. You will quickly learn what proper products to use on which surfaces, time management, and project organization. There is not really a workplace culture, everyone for the most part keep to themselves but are respectful and friendly. The hardest part of the job is the wear and tear on the body and the inconsistent work schedule (some days you work 4 hours the next you may have to work over 8 hours), also there can be difficult homeowners. The most enjoyable is the independence, if you don't mind working alone and are flexible enough to work as part of a team when needed.
Pros
Independence, not mentally challenging.
Cons
Not mentally challenging, inconsistenet schedule, bodily wear and tear.
Horrible franchise owner
House cleaner (Former Employee) –  Canton, CTJanuary 24, 2017
I really enjoyed the people I worked with and the customers whom I cleaned for but management was absolutely terrible. The owner bad mouthed everyone and made it a very uncomfortable work environment. Your pay check was never correct, if a house was 3 hours and you were there for 4 hours you still were only paid for 3 hours which is illegal. If you called out sick you were hung up on and given a cold shoulder for 3 weeks. I wouldn't recommend this job so someone with a family or a life. I feel if this maid pro had a different owner I would have enjoyed my job.
Pros
Not working weekends
Cons
THE OWNER
Stressful, timed detailed cleaning
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJanuary 17, 2017
I was in need of a job and thought I was doing a good job and nobody informed me that I wasn't. So I continued to clean clients house and do a bad job? So I was let go because I didn't have the detail orientation.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
NO BREAKS
Great management & coworkers
Maid (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJanuary 2, 2017
Worked here several years before I moved away. Training was great and thorough and I was paid during training. Liked having the same regular customers. Hours very good for a working mom. Management was really good and thoughtful and I felt appreciated. Raises came regularly based on performance so that it is really up to you how much you make. Plus tips were good. If I hadn't moved I would still be there. Much better than the retail hours that I used to work. You make more money in less hours and have nights and weekends off.
Pros
Managers coworkers and hours.
Cons
Must drive your own car but you get reimbursed for miles you drive
Stay bisy time goes by fast and they don't overload you either
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Ballwin, MODecember 15, 2016
Is an ok company to work for they are really nice ppl amd they will work with you . There expectations aren't that high also you get to put kids on and off the bus.
Pros
They bring good food to meetings
Cons
They really don't have a office in o fallon mo its in ballwin, mo
Great Job/Great Hours
House Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 8, 2016
I really recommend working here, very nice co-workers, management is doing a good job and they are very concerned about your safety they also motivate us to do even better
Pros
There's always a great environment, very warming people
Cons
To this date I have no complaints at all
CoWorkers were nice
Pro (Former Employee) –  VariedNovember 29, 2016
Not enough time given to clean houses. A house is scheduled for a specific amount of time for the cleaning to be complete. More than once not enough time was given to complete the job.
Pros
Working alone without someone hovering over you
Cons
Equipment was too heavy to carry causing back and neck pain
Its ok
Service professional (Current Employee) –  Parkville, MDNovember 27, 2016
It's okay working here but I do with they would change a few things

Like pay every two weeks instead of twice a month, pay more for mileage ,especially when driving more than 20 miles, and put us where we live the closet to.
Pros
Flexible hrs
Cons
Murder on ur car, pay twice month, low mileage pay
Very nice and peaceful
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Saint Pete Beach, FLNovember 26, 2016
I enjoyed my stay at that job it was a amazing environment they really worked with us around the holidays and made us feel loved the only reason I left is because I got sick other than that I would have still been there
Pros
Paid early
Great part time job
Maid and Housekeeping Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Gaylord, MINovember 13, 2016
It's a great job for someone who loves to clean and is only looking for a few hours a day. Not for someone wanting 30 hour steady pay checks!
I love her patient this job is with their employees
Maid (Former Employee) –  Littleton ColoradoOctober 27, 2016
Working form a pro was awesome I really like the hours I also like the fact that we were on our home supervisor is very very nice reason for me leaving was because my son he got really sick and they understood they are very nice
Pros
It is a nice work environment
Cons
Non
A laid back environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Osseo, MNSeptember 9, 2016
Working for MaidPro was great. I got to work at my own pace and got to listen to music. My job duties were to clean every room in the house. I learned that the bigger the home the more clean it was because there was less clutter in the home.
house cleaning
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Canton, CTAugust 16, 2016
A day at the job was going to the office to refill your cleaners and get clean rags for dusting and moping. getting to paper work for the day usually 2 houses sometimes 3. I usually worked alone unless the house is big then you would work with a co-worker or 2. I enjoyed working for the company just some clients houses were bad where it took longer than is should of.
Pros
enjoyed the hours and people, tips
Cons
no health care insurance
Very fun place to work. Just working outside is the hard part
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 14, 2016
Cleaning service was good. All materials needed to clean were provided by the job. The hours went that bad. Less than 5 hours of work a day.
Pros
Good pay, supplies given.
Cons
Working outside in the heat.
Cat fights and no respect
Cleaning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boerne, TXAugust 1, 2016
* A typical day involved oing to 2 or 3 houses or businesses to clean. Sometimes solo, sometimes with other co-workers. Dirty work, thankless work, rude customers that treat you like the dirt you clean. Part-time work only.

*I learned that rich people are worse than poor people when it comes to tipping.

*Management was horrid. There was a certain bully that would cause trouble and the boss had a "thing" for her, so he would fire all the ones she started fights with, saying they had started it. Bonuses were not equal all around. The favorites got more bonus than the ones who called out the boss on his unfair behavior.

*My co-workers were mostly just trying to make a living on the pathetic wage paid at Maid Pro. Started at $8.50 than you earned $0.50 raise a month, but only up to $10.00.

*The hardest part of my job was being sent on solo missions to clean 2000 square foot houses. The second was lack of good cleaning equipment and supplies. Equipment always breaking and the office was always running out of towels and cleaners.

*The most enjoyable part of this job was when I quit. The second part was no weekend and no holiday work.
Pros
No weekend work.
Cons
Shyte pay and horrid management
Horrible employer
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 31, 2016
Do work for this company . The owner in the Queens location is a racist . They talk about black ppl like if they were animals . I'm Spanish and regardless no one should talk about their employees like that. I was getting paid $9 per hour but supposedly with tips it comes out to $12 . Also if you are new they only give you part time hours and the owner shows up with out letting you know to the residence . I was in the bathroom when this happened and he didn't even knock . I didn't even get my last week of pay . This company is part of a national chain and they just let anyone buy into the business . The owner didn't even have a background in cleaning . Save yourself the trouble and do not apply . WARNING !!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Horrible
No weekends or holidays
Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJuly 30, 2016
Management is passive aggressive
No weekends or holiday work
Pay starts at $9 for most employees
Unpaid commute between homes
Coworkers are nice
Can work alone or with a group
Have to repair your own materials
Some days are 60 plus minutes of unpaid drive time
Hours are inconsistent
Pros
Weekdays only
Cons
Unpaid drive time
Great Employer
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJuly 27, 2016
Love working here. They treat their employees great! The staff is like a family and its always fun to come to work. It really is a fun environment.
Dont work here
Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 17, 2016
I would not recommend anyone to work here. The management does not know what they are doing. You hardly ever get any hours. The supervisor is just rude treats you like you're nothing. so much "wrong "things that happen at this company. It should be shut down.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MaidPro. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8