MaidPro Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible employer
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 31, 2016
Do work for this company . The owner in the Queens location is a racist . They talk about black ppl like if they were animals . I'm Spanish and regardless no one should talk about their employees like that. I was getting paid $9 per hour but supposedly with tips it comes out to $12 . Also if you are new they only give you part time hours and the owner shows up with out letting you know to the residence . I was in the bathroom when this happened and he didn't even knock . I didn't even get my last week of pay . This company is part of a national chain and they just let anyone buy into the business . The owner didn't even have a background in cleaning . Save yourself the trouble and do not apply . WARNING !!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Horrible
house cleaning
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Canton, CTAugust 16, 2016
A day at the job was going to the office to refill your cleaners and get clean rags for dusting and moping. getting to paper work for the day usually 2 houses sometimes 3. I usually worked alone unless the house is big then you would work with a co-worker or 2. I enjoyed working for the company just some clients houses were bad where it took longer than is should of.
Pros
enjoyed the hours and people, tips
Cons
no health care insurance
Unorganized
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Fruitland Park, FLJune 9, 2016
Sometimes I have to buy my own cleaning products, time in houses are rediculous, the prices charged for some of theses houses are not enough. Management dont go out and look at the houses before they send workers to clean them. $65-$75 for a house that is totally nasty. And when people cancel their service that takes from you seems like you should get at least 1 hour due to having to survive. You only get paid for what ever time allowed in home, so if you doing laundry over the time allowed then you are working for free. ( What? ???)
Pros
Having a good work partner
Cons
Wear and tear of your vehicle
Maidpro cypress best maid pro to work for!!!!
Area Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXMay 17, 2016
I have been working for maidpro cypress for eleven months. The owners are very understanding and great!! The turnover is very high due to bad employees that don't want to come to work and rather utilize government services instead of working a day. A pro quit on Monday and had Texas Human Services calling the office on Wednesday. SMH!! Overall I am happy with my job
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Medical Benefits
Horrible, unprofessional
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXMay 13, 2016
I worked at the Cypress Texas location. Hours are sporadic. One week you might have five hours, the next twenty. Communication was horrible. I quit this past Mon because I couldn't live on the amount of hours and the low pay. My final check was supposed to be directly deposited this morning. It's not in my account. Neither of the owners will respond to me regarding the matter. I worked hard for this company, got all tens on my online reviews. I'm disappointed by the lack of professionalism. Have left a message with the corporate office this morning regarding my check. Fingers crossed....DON'T WORK HERE!
Pros
most customers were very nice
Cons
horrible pay, poor communication, unprofessional
Terrible
Cleaner/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYMay 4, 2016
Owner of this location is terrible. Talks behind your back, belittles you, plays favorites. Makes promises to send you to houses close to your home and then turns around and sends you to houses that are farthest away. Travel pay isn't even worth the wear and tear and miles you put on your own vehicle. The only good part of this job was the few regulars you get and got to know. They give you watered down cleaning products and expect you to do a wonderful job. Vacuum cleaners that spark when you plug them in, not mention that you're carring 2 heavy ancient vacuums in and out of every house.
Pros
Regular customers
Cons
Too many to list
No weekends or holidays
Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJuly 30, 2016
Management is passive aggressive
No weekends or holiday work
Pay starts at $9 for most employees
Unpaid commute between homes
Coworkers are nice
Can work alone or with a group
Have to repair your own materials
Some days are 60 plus minutes of unpaid drive time
Hours are inconsistent
Pros
Weekdays only
Cons
Unpaid drive time
Work as many hours as you want
House Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 20, 2016
They have as many hours as you want to work. I could work fie days a week and pick up some Saturday jobs at extra pay. If I wanted a day off that was no problem as long as I gave a week's notice. The hardest part of the job was in the beginning as house cleaning is hard work. After I got used to it no problem.
Pros
Free breakfasts, dental and vision care
Cons
sometimes customers skip service and the management didn't have a substitute job to replace them
This is not full time
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Indian Trail, NCMarch 24, 2016
When you're hired, they tell you to make this job your top priority but then you're lucky to get 20 hours a week. If you work over the time management thinks it'll take to clean a house, you won't get paid for it. You get chastised for trying to have a life; they expect you to leave your schedule open Monday through Friday 8-5, and will add on to your schedule or change it at a moments notice, without double checking with you. If you need to keep your bills paid, this isn't the job for you.
Dont work here
Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 17, 2016
I would not recommend anyone to work here. The management does not know what they are doing. You hardly ever get any hours. The supervisor is just rude treats you like you're nothing. so much "wrong "things that happen at this company. It should be shut down.
Cons
the best place the ever i worked
Professional House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 26, 2016
they are so friendly staff,independient work you work relax they are there always to help,my trainer was awesome,on mondays you receive breakfast,then on every wednesday awesome place
Pros
free break fast on mondays and wednesday
Cons
nothing
poor management skills
House Cleaner/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCMay 24, 2016
I worked for a little while and to be honest they make ir sound like your going to make a lot of money. every 2 weeks I made a little over 300.00 dollars. Its honestly not worth all the trouble
Pros
great hours
Cons
if there is little to no work to be done, then you go home
Horrible
Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNFebruary 22, 2016
My typical work day I would go in and drop off my bucket grab any supplies I needed and load up my car. I would then go and grab my book (Some days it took forever just to get it). I would read over my job and drive to the clients house and clean the whole house top to bottom. If I got done early that would be a surprising but I would here and there ask to go help someone else. At the end of work days I would be very exhausted! I wouldn't work here again! My boss laughed in my face when I quit because I told him that I wasn't being treated with respect from other employees, but he just laughed so I walked out.
Cons
exhausted every day and disrespectful employees
Very fun place to work. Just working outside is the hard part
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 14, 2016
Cleaning service was good. All materials needed to clean were provided by the job. The hours went that bad. Less than 5 hours of work a day.
Pros
Good pay, supplies given.
Cons
Working outside in the heat.
nice people to work for
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYFebruary 10, 2016
A typical work day at MaidPro is with or without a partner, 1-4 houses a day. Hours are 8:30a- varies, generally off by 4p. You learn the best ways to clean a home. Management is easy to talk to and understanding. The other maids are easy to get along with and generally good workers. The hardest part of the job is that you can't please everyone and your best may not always be good enough. The most enjoyable part of the day is when your customers tip you.:)
Pros
only see your boss once a day
Cons
not many benefits
Smart mouth terrible manager in Springfield Missouri
Applied (Former Employee) –  Springfield MissouriJune 28, 2016
I went and applied in Springfield Missouri. The manager spoke to me and said I could be his mother. He asked me if I could walk and do volunteer work and hang door hangers.
Pros
Cons
Smart mouth for a manager
Poor Management
Residential and Commercial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMarch 21, 2016
Didn't deal with problems between coworkers well, inconsistent hours, poor management style, no room for advancement. never get recognized for achievements, compensation isn't great for the amount of work you're doing. NOT A FULL TIME POSITION.
Best Owner Ever
Cleaner/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 3, 2016
Management need some work, but owner was/is the best. help in every area.
i loved my job. you come in, get peeper..get feedback on previous day. okay co workers not the best. hardest thing is driving at end of shift( traffic)
Wonderful Company
Professional Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJanuary 4, 2016
MaidPro is a wonderful employer to have if only needing some extra cash. The one in carmel has some amazing owners and are so sweet and understanding of any situation. They made me want to work for them. I don't think I have one bad thing to say except, super dirty houses, just not acceptable houses, like, call the health department houses; don't make those girls do that anymore. Overall- wonderful employers.
Pros
Compensation, Management, Hours, Fair Pay
Cons
uber nasty homes to clean
Flexible with your schedule, but not clear on communication
Professional Maid Service (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJanuary 25, 2016
Hardest part about job was not knowing daily schedule, not good communication, some clients were not respectful. Hard labor and pay is minimal, especially for using own vehicle. Staff members were very friendly, and easy to get along with and we all work very hard for this company.

2.7