MaidPro Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible work environment awful management
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXApril 5, 2016
I worked her for almost 7 months, the pay is lousy they don't give you raises unless you pretty much beg them. The hours are very inconsistent one week I'll have 5 hours the next 30. The management is very unprofessional they are catty and talk behind everyone's back. The owner is extremely cheap and refuses to hire new managers for the spring office. So she expected us to do all managerial duties in about 30 minutes which take at least 3 hours to complete. They expect you to keep your schedule open even though the hours are always low and they get very annoyed if life happens. They speak to the workers like they are children and expect you to do a million extra things when cleaning a home if you finish early which some clients pay extra for but other clients will get free which is not fair at all. They almost always take the clients side on an issue and assume that you are lying. Gas reimbursement is nothing they make it sound like you get $7 for every house you go to but in fact you only get $3 and minimum wage while driving. DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
Independence
nice people to work for
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYFebruary 10, 2016
A typical work day at MaidPro is with or without a partner, 1-4 houses a day. Hours are 8:30a- varies, generally off by 4p. You learn the best ways to clean a home. Management is easy to talk to and understanding. The other maids are easy to get along with and generally good workers. The hardest part of the job is that you can't please everyone and your best may not always be good enough. The most enjoyable part of the day is when your customers tip you.:)
Pros
only see your boss once a day
Cons
not many benefits
Wonderful Company
Professional Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJanuary 4, 2016
MaidPro is a wonderful employer to have if only needing some extra cash. The one in carmel has some amazing owners and are so sweet and understanding of any situation. They made me want to work for them. I don't think I have one bad thing to say except, super dirty houses, just not acceptable houses, like, call the health department houses; don't make those girls do that anymore. Overall- wonderful employers.
Pros
Compensation, Management, Hours, Fair Pay
Cons
uber nasty homes to clean
Poor Management
Residential and Commercial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMarch 21, 2016
Didn't deal with problems between coworkers well, inconsistent hours, poor management style, no room for advancement. never get recognized for achievements, compensation isn't great for the amount of work you're doing. NOT A FULL TIME POSITION.
Day of Work
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GAOctober 23, 2015
I have worked at Maidpro for over a year now and its a fun place to work for. I have learned better efficient ways of cleaning a home. Maidpro's management is better than any management i have had to deal with. The co workers are very nice and easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job is sometimes having to do 4-5 houses a day. The most enjoyable part about my job is that is on my own time and you work with someone majority of the time.
Pros
Breaks.
Cons
Certain Benefits
Work at your own risk.
Professional Housecleaner (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 29, 2016
Very unprofessional, management is terrible, extremely hard work for very low pay. No benefits and you must drive your own car.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low pay
Productive and friendly workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 1, 2015
A typical day at work was spent answering phones and selling our services to prospective clients. When calls were not coming in I would call potential clients who had previously called in but not made any decisions regarding starting service. My manager was one of the best managers I've had with his calm relaxed nature and his ability to make employees feel happy and comfortable working for his company. The hardest part of the job was the monotony of it, I was not able to be given more responsibility simply because there was no more to give. There was also no more room for me to advance, and I want to be able to grow and advance with a company and give more. The job was enjoyable, but not realistic for long term basis.
Pros
Yearly company picnics and dinners, free coffee, relaxed environment between coworkers.
Cons
No room for advancement, low room for pay raise
This is not full time
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Indian Trail, NCMarch 24, 2016
When you're hired, they tell you to make this job your top priority but then you're lucky to get 20 hours a week. If you work over the time management thinks it'll take to clean a house, you won't get paid for it. You get chastised for trying to have a life; they expect you to leave your schedule open Monday through Friday 8-5, and will add on to your schedule or change it at a moments notice, without double checking with you. If you need to keep your bills paid, this isn't the job for you.
hard work pays off
House Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INAugust 16, 2015
These are wonderful people to work with and for. I was given my yearly raise early due to my hard work. I love this job and the people I work with and for but need to try and use my recently obtained college degree.
Horrible, unprofessional
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXMay 13, 2016
I worked at the Cypress Texas location. Hours are sporadic. One week you might have five hours, the next twenty. Communication was horrible. I quit this past Mon because I couldn't live on the amount of hours and the low pay. My final check was supposed to be directly deposited this morning. It's not in my account. Neither of the owners will respond to me regarding the matter. I worked hard for this company, got all tens on my online reviews. I'm disappointed by the lack of professionalism. Have left a message with the corporate office this morning regarding my check. Fingers crossed....DON'T WORK HERE!
Pros
most customers were very nice
Cons
horrible pay, poor communication, unprofessional
Terrible
Cleaner/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYMay 4, 2016
Owner of this location is terrible. Talks behind your back, belittles you, plays favorites. Makes promises to send you to houses close to your home and then turns around and sends you to houses that are farthest away. Travel pay isn't even worth the wear and tear and miles you put on your own vehicle. The only good part of this job was the few regulars you get and got to know. They give you watered down cleaning products and expect you to do a wonderful job. Vacuum cleaners that spark when you plug them in, not mention that you're carring 2 heavy ancient vacuums in and out of every house.
Pros
Regular customers
Cons
Too many to list
Horrible
Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNFebruary 22, 2016
My typical work day I would go in and drop off my bucket grab any supplies I needed and load up my car. I would then go and grab my book (Some days it took forever just to get it). I would read over my job and drive to the clients house and clean the whole house top to bottom. If I got done early that would be a surprising but I would here and there ask to go help someone else. At the end of work days I would be very exhausted! I wouldn't work here again! My boss laughed in my face when I quit because I told him that I wasn't being treated with respect from other employees, but he just laughed so I walked out.
Cons
exhausted every day and disrespectful employees
Customer Service Representiatve
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLApril 7, 2016
On a daily basis, we answer phones and handle customer service calls. My day starts at 8 a.m. I check the voicemails, and handle them or distribute them accordingly. After that, I finish up any work I never completed from the previous day. I would complete all of my quality checks, onboarding calls, and answer customer service calls in between that. I also handle claims from broken or damaged items in the home, to come up with the best resolution possible. I schedule re-cleans when the cleaning didn't go that well. I input a lot of data entry, from entering a new customer to even updating a credit card on file. The software we use is The Cloud, which is a program similar to Salesforce. I have learned so much in the 3 years I have worked with this company, and ready to learn more but there is no room for me to move up in the company. During season, it is challenging, but I enjoy it. I wouldn't really say there is a hard part of the job, unless we have a really difficult and unreasonable customer. We just have to be able to manage them.
Pros
hour lunch, 2 weeks vacation (after 1 year)
Cons
healthcare
Horrible
Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COMarch 31, 2015
A typical day at MaidPro is hard work. I usually do about 4 houses a day and it can become very stressful. I have been on the WOW board about 10 time's this month for doing an outstanding job and they don't offer any employee incentive's. We also don't receive any healthcare nor have I received a raise in the past year and a half. I feel the employee's of MaidPro don't get recognized they way they should and that's why it's time to look for a better opportunity than this.
Pros
Cons
no bonuses no healthcare no travel compensation
maid
Maid Pro (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 17, 2016
hours and pay was not very good, to much wear and tear on my car. Having to drivie all over the city for two hour jobs. Management never reall interacted with the employees.
Work as many hours as you want
House Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 20, 2016
They have as many hours as you want to work. I could work fie days a week and pick up some Saturday jobs at extra pay. If I wanted a day off that was no problem as long as I gave a week's notice. The hardest part of the job was in the beginning as house cleaning is hard work. After I got used to it no problem.
Pros
Free breakfasts, dental and vision care
Cons
sometimes customers skip service and the management didn't have a substitute job to replace them
A typical day at MaidPro is hard work.
Receptionist/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Leonia, NJDecember 8, 2015
MaidPro was my first experience working for a company thathad to do wih cleaning. I was hired as a Sales Representative/Receptionist. I would take incoming calls and make outgoing calls to assist new leads and potential leads with their house cleaning service estimate. The most enjoyable part about this job was being able to talk to thousands of people around the world and learn about different cultures and learning how to adapt to new situations quickly.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
part-time
Maidpro cypress best maid pro to work for!!!!
Area Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXMay 17, 2016
I have been working for maidpro cypress for eleven months. The owners are very understanding and great!! The turnover is very high due to bad employees that don't want to come to work and rather utilize government services instead of working a day. A pro quit on Monday and had Texas Human Services calling the office on Wednesday. SMH!! Overall I am happy with my job
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Medical Benefits
Not a good place to work
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 1, 2016
You spend more time driving around then working and you don't get paid enough for drive time, so you aren't making any money to make up for gas spent.
no productivo for is for season
HOUSEKEPING (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJanuary 11, 2016
I need more money ,very few hours of work.No meets 40 hours a week.They no pay miles and gasoline.Bad work distributed according to your preferences.
Pros
NOTHING