Pros: great people, great team, free lunch, ping pong table, casual dress code
Cons: short breaks, vague advancement opportunities
- MaidPro was my first experience working for a company that was service based. I was hired as New Account Representative. I would take incoming calls and make outgoing calls to assist new leads and potential leads with their house cleaning service estimate.
- I learned how to educate clients, how to determine value, build value and push sales with – more... the client via telephone. I also fine tuned my ability to build rapport over the phone and work along side hundreds of franchisee owners across the country.
- The management was great and the whole company was about team work. Everyone learned how to help each and work together. I loved all the people I worked with and everyone got along very well.
- The hardest part about this job was being on the phone for 8 hours a day.
- The most enjoyable part about this job was being able to talk to thousands of people around the world and learn about different cultures and learning how to adapt to new situations quickly. – less