Supervises the website and intranet, develops content and key messages across all communications platforms for Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn's #1 hospital and clinical campus of the Albert Einstein Medical College. Reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
1. Assists in the strategic direction of marketing and online efforts.
2. Develops and edits content and key messages across all communications platforms (e-newsletters, video, podcasts, online posting, digital signage, print, radio, and other collateral materials).
3. Interfaces with departmental representatives throughout the hospital to identify marketing, online and publication needs.
4. Responsible for the production schedule of traditional and interactive marketing initiatives as well as publications.
5. Monitors and tracks the results of marketing and online initiatives, and shares these metrics with the involved departments.
6. Co-manages the external website and intranet, acting as one of two master publishers for final content approval.
7. Monitors Maimonides mentions on social media channels and develops interactive engagement strategies.
8. Works with Medical Center staff involved with physician outreach to identify strategic and coordinated approaches as well as effective collaterals.
9. Educates and provides staff training to departmental representatives for maintaining intranet content and adherence to branding standards.
10. Acts as media spokesperson when the AVP, Public Affairs, or Vice President, External Affairs are unavailable or as delegated.
11. Collaborates with Creative Director and outside vendors to oversee printing production, content development, copy editing, proofreading and programmatic sign-off.
12. Gathers, analyzes and reports on research data (demographic, healthcare ratings and clinical data) to be used in targeted marketing initiatives.
13. Represents the Medical Center at special functions, including but not limited to: fundraisers, press conferences and community events.
14. Participates in inter- and intra-departmental committees at the direction of the Vice President, External Affairs and undertakes special projects as assigned.
15. Reviews policies and procedures as directed and recommends revisions; works with department leadership to implement new programs or changes in procedures or operations that result from review or research.
OTHER JOB DUTIES
Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelors degree required; communications or marketing degree preferred.
Demonstrated experience in publications, media relations and marketing. MUST have hands-on experience managing a complex website, including creating pages, editing content, uploading photos/video, etc.
Demonstrated proficiency in various writing styles.
Demonstrated proficiency in copy editing.
Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (including Dreamweaver or other CMS experience) as well as Google Analytics.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Seeking creative, energetic thinker who values excellence.